|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everything is ________________ in town.
(a) More expensive
(d) More desirable
2. Where is it thought that Madeleine moves after leaving Benny?
3. How does Del believe her prayer is answered?
(a) She gets a college scholarship
(b) She gets asked to the prom
(c) Her hair is really shiny
(d) Her teacher excuses her from sewing lessons
4. According to Del's aunts it is better to ________________________.
(a) Eat a light supper
(b) Exercise in the mornings
(c) Have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
(d) Be satisfied with what one has
5. Where do Del's aunts live?
(a) Jenkin's Corner
(b) Jenkin's Cove
(c) Jenkin's Bend
(d) Jenson's Corner
Short Answer Questions
1. What extreme weather occurs during the last spring that Del spends in Jubilee?
2. Which of the following is not something Del notes as different in town and the country?
3. What role does Del take on to help her mother in her job?
4. What does Del do to Mary Agnes?
5. What was Uncle Craig doing when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the cooperation necessary between cast mates alter the usual dynamic between the boys and girls in class?
2. How old is Del in this chapter and what is her current quest in life?
3. How does Del's mother manage to have her children live in town during the school year?
4. What is the episode that evolves after Major kills a sheep?
5. How does Del envision herself as a sexual person for the first time?
6. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
7. Who is Mary Agnes?
8. What prompts Del to call Uncle Bill her "fairy godfather?"
9. What is Del's mother's occupation in this chapter?
10. What are the circumstances of Del's biting Mary Agnes?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)