|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres does Del's family live on?
2. Where does Del put Uncle Craig's manuscript?
(a) A cedar chest in the attic
(b) A desk drawer
(c) A cardboard box in the basement
(d) A safety deposit box
3. What happens to Uncle Craig's manuscript?
(a) Del makes arrangements to have it edited
(b) Del has it published
(c) Del donates it to the library
(d) Del assumes it is ruined
4. According to Del's mother, it makes no more sense to believe that an unseen being died for our sins than it would be to ___________________________________.
(a) Believe in Santa Claus
(b) Believe the Aztec notion that the sun would nor rise or set with the sacrifice of live hearts
(c) Believe in the Easter Bunny
(d) Believe in leprechauns
5. What does Del's father not want to believe about the family dog?
(a) That he can speak
(b) That he is a mutt
(c) That he will kill again
(d) That he will run away
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Uncle Bill's second wife?
2. Del is asked to recall on cue information such as the names of the American presidents or _______________________.
3. What role does Del take on to help her mother in her job?
4. Everything is ________________ in town.
5. Where do Dill and Uncle Bill go to the grocery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Del behave when she no longer wants to participate in her mother's sales calls?
2. What is Del's mother's position on religion?
3. What social and self improvement activities does Del's mother engage in?
4. Who is Mary Agnes?
5. What object of Uncle Craig's do Del's aunts give to her after his death?
6. How does Del manage the news that Uncle Craig has died?
7. Where does Del live and how does she feel about her home?
8. What is Del's favorite of Benny's possessions?
9. What is Del's experience with prayer related to her sewing lessons?
10. Whatever happens to the turtle soup?
This section contains 1,247 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)