|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Del's mother do in an attempt to develop a social life?
(a) Volunteers at the museum
(b) Joins a sorority
(c) Joins the Garden Club
(d) Hosts a ladies' party
2. Who is Del's brother?
3. What was Uncle Craig doing when he died?
(a) Driving to the library
(c) Playing cards
(d) Walking down the street
4. What is the affliction of Aunt Moira's and Uncle Bob's daughter?
(a) She has epilepsy
(b) She is autistic
(c) She is retarded
(d) She is slightly mentally challenged
5. What extreme weather occurs during the last spring that Del spends in Jubilee?
(a) A tornado
(b) A flood
(c) A hurricane
(d) A blizzard
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Del put Uncle Craig's manuscript?
2. During what months do Del's mother and the children live in the rented house?
3. For what is Del searching in this chapter?
4. What does Del's mother accuse Del of becoming?
5. What does Del's family raise?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Del behave when she no longer wants to participate in her mother's sales calls?
2. What social and self improvement activities does Del's mother engage in?
3. What do Del's aunts believe about ambition in life?
4. Where does Del live and how does she feel about her home?
5. What does Del relate about fishing with her Uncle Benny and her brother, Owen?
6. How does Del's mother manage to have her children live in town during the school year?
7. What are the circumstances of Del's biting Mary Agnes?
8. Why is Del helpless when it comes to helping Owen save Major?
9. How does Del come to the realization that not all prayers are answered in the way one would like?
10. When Del stays with her aunts for the summer there is an event which sticks out in her mind. What is the event and what does it point out about her aunts?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)