|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Del's mother rent a house?
(a) In the country
(b) In town
(c) In the suburbs
(d) In a neighboring town
2. Which of the following does Del not wish to believe in?
(a) That her mother is the woman in the painting
(b) The world presented in Benny's newspapers
(c) Uncle Bill's version of their childhood
(d) That she will have six children
3. What does Uncle Bill ask for but Mother does not have in the house?
(a) Hot chocolate
4. Why does Benny drive to Ketchener?
(a) To buy groceries
(b) To go to the post office
(c) To get a haircut
(d) To pick up a new housekeeper
5. What does Del's mother do in an attempt to develop a social life?
(a) Hosts a ladies' party
(b) Joins the Garden Club
(c) Joins a sorority
(d) Volunteers at the museum
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Del notes as different in town and the country?
2. Which of the following does Del's mother not eventually refer to her as on their sales trips?
3. What happens to Uncle Craig's manuscript?
4. What does Uncle Bill call Del's mother?
5. Why do Aunt Elspeth and Aunt Grace move?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Benny ask Del if she can write?
2. How does Del become a living sales prop for Del's mother's encyclopedia sales?
3. Where do Del's aunts move after Uncle Craig dies?
4. What is Del's favorite of Benny's possessions?
5. Explain Benny's penchant for clutter.
6. Who is the surprise visitor from America who arrives at Del's house one day?
7. How does Del manage the news that Uncle Craig has died?
8. How does Del behave when she no longer wants to participate in her mother's sales calls?
9. What is Del's mother's position on religion?
10. What is Del's experience with prayer related to her sewing lessons?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)