|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Major kills another sheep?
(a) He is castrated
(b) He is confined to the house
(c) He has to be put down
(d) He is sent to obedience school
2. What news does Del receive when she returns home from her aunts' house?
(a) Uncle Craig is going to Europe
(b) Uncle Craig has died
(c) Uncle Craig is moving to Montana
(d) Uncle Craig has remarried
3. Where does Del put Uncle Craig's manuscript?
(a) A safety deposit box
(b) A desk drawer
(c) A cedar chest in the attic
(d) A cardboard box in the basement
4. What does Del's mother accuse Del of becoming?
(a) Too big for her britches
(b) Self-conscious about her smarts
(c) Too arrogant
(d) A snot nose
5. What product does Del's mother sell?
(a) Vacuum cleaners
(d) Homemade jam
Short Answer Questions
1. What group does Del's mother eventually join?
2. What role does Del take on to help her mother in her job?
3. Who is Aunt Moira's and Uncle Bob's daughter?
4. What is the name of the woman Benny brings home?
5. Which of the following is not present in Del's aunts' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Benny ask Del if she can write?
2. Whatever happens to the turtle soup?
3. What is the fate of Uncle Craig's manuscript?
4. What does Del relate about fishing with her Uncle Benny and her brother, Owen?
5. How does Del become a living sales prop for Del's mother's encyclopedia sales?
6. When Del stays with her aunts for the summer there is an event which sticks out in her mind. What is the event and what does it point out about her aunts?
7. What are the circumstances of Del's biting Mary Agnes?
8. What is the episode that evolves after Major kills a sheep?
9. What is Del's mother's position on religion?
10. How does the story begin?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)