|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everything is ________________ in town.
(a) More desirable
(c) More expensive
2. Why do Aunt Elspeth and Aunt Grace move?
(a) To help Del's father and family
(b) To open a bed and breakfast
(c) To get a smaller house
(d) To be closer to church
3. Who is the boarder that Del's mother takes in?
(a) Fern Dogherty
(b) Fern Dawson
(c) Fawn Dogherty
(d) Felicia Dogherty
4. Who is Uncle Bill's second wife?
(a) Aunt Nile
(b) Aunt Betty
(c) Aunt Esther
(d) Aunt Naomi
5. How old is Del in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Del's family raise?
2. What is the name of Del's dog?
3. Which of the following does Del not wish to believe in?
4. How does Del believe her prayer is answered?
5. What does Del's mother tell Del about Uncle Bill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is especially troubling for Del about the plan to kill Major?
2. Why is Del helpless when it comes to helping Owen save Major?
3. What is the episode that evolves after Major kills a sheep?
4. How does Del become a living sales prop for Del's mother's encyclopedia sales?
5. What are the circumstances of Del's biting Mary Agnes?
6. What is Del's experience with prayer related to her sewing lessons?
7. What does Del relate about fishing with her Uncle Benny and her brother, Owen?
8. Explain Benny's penchant for clutter.
9. How old is Del in this chapter and what is her current quest in life?
10. Who is Mary Agnes?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)