|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Del announce that she is going to church?
(b) Good Friday
(c) Christmas Eve
2. Which prayer does Del believe can save Major?
(b) The Lord's Prayer
(c) The Hail Mary
(d) The Apostles' Creed
3. How many acres does Del's family live on?
4. What does Del find especially troubling about Major's death?
(a) Missing Major's funny tricks
(b) Choosing the best place to bury Major
(c) The deliberateness of the act
(d) Missing Major licking her face
5. Where do Dill and Uncle Bill go to the grocery?
(b) Jubilation Market
(c) Red Front Grocery
(d) Last Chance Deli
Short Answer Questions
1. Benny asks Del to _______________.
2. Owen begs Del to _____________________ in a desperate attempt to save Major.
3. Which of the following is not something Del notes as different in town and the country?
4. Where do Del's aunts live?
5. What rumor does Benny confirm to the Jordans about Madeleine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
2. What does Del relate about fishing with her Uncle Benny and her brother, Owen?
3. Explain how the night of the dance further drives a wedge in Del and Naomi's relationship.
4. Whatever happens to the turtle soup?
5. What social and self improvement activities does Del's mother engage in?
6. Where do Del's aunts move after Uncle Craig dies?
7. What are Del's impressions of Naomi when she sees her at work one day?
8. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
9. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
10. How does the story begin?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)