|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Uncle Bill's second wife?
(a) Aunt Naomi
(b) Aunt Nile
(c) Aunt Esther
(d) Aunt Betty
2. What does Del's family raise?
3. What does Del do one day when she is tired of repeating answers?
(a) Pretends to vomit
(c) Runs away
4. Which of the following do Del's aunts not do for the family?
(a) Darn socks
(b) Bake and cook
(c) Preserve fruits and vegetables
(d) Tutor the children
5. What does Del do to Mary Agnes?
(a) Slaps her
(b) Bites her
(c) Screams at her
(d) Pushes her down the steps
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Del call Uncle Bill?
2. According to Del's mother, it makes no more sense to believe that an unseen being died for our sins than it would be to ___________________________________.
3. Where does Del's mother rent a house?
4. Where do Aunt Elspeth and Aunt Grace move after Uncle Craig's death?
5. Del's mother denounces religion and _______________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mary Agnes?
2. What is Owen's idea to help save Major?
3. When Del stays with her aunts for the summer there is an event which sticks out in her mind. What is the event and what does it point out about her aunts?
4. What is Del's experience with prayer related to her sewing lessons?
5. Why is Del helpless when it comes to helping Owen save Major?
6. What social and self improvement activities does Del's mother engage in?
7. How does Del manage the news that Uncle Craig has died?
8. What object of Uncle Craig's do Del's aunts give to her after his death?
9. What are the circumstances of Del's biting Mary Agnes?
10. How old is Del in this chapter and what is her current quest in life?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)