Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Del's prays that she will _____________________________.
(a) Go to a good college
(b) Not have to continue to suffer with learning to sew
(c) Grow up to be beautiful
(d) Marry a rich man
2. What type of newspapers does Benny collect?
3. How did Uncle Craig die?
(a) Gun shot wound
(b) Car accident
(c) Terminal illness
(d) Heart attack
4. What is the affliction of Aunt Moira's and Uncle Bob's daughter?
(a) She is autistic
(b) She is retarded
(c) She has epilepsy
(d) She is slightly mentally challenged
5. What is the name of the woman Benny brings home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What extreme weather occurs during the last spring that Del spends in Jubilee?
2. Where does Del spend time at Uncle Craig's house in order to avoid his dead body?
3. What does Del's mother do in an attempt to develop a social life?
4. Owen begs Del to _____________________ in a desperate attempt to save Major.
5. What does Del find especially troubling about Major's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Del manage the news that Uncle Craig has died?
2. Explain the scenario of Mr. Chamberlain taking Del out to the country and his inappropriate behavior there.
3. How does the cooperation necessary between cast mates alter the usual dynamic between the boys and girls in class?
4. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
5. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
6. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
7. What is happening to Del in this section?
8. Who is Art Chamberlain?
9. How does Del come to the realization that not all prayers are answered in the way one would like?
10. What happens to Del after she and Naomi and their dates continue their evening at a hotel?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)