|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Uncle Bill's second wife?
(a) Aunt Nile
(b) Aunt Betty
(c) Aunt Esther
(d) Aunt Naomi
2. What can Del not give Owen regarding Major?
(a) A rescue plan
(b) Obedience lessons
(c) False hope
(d) A new home
3. One day Del decides she no longer wants to be her mother's _____________________.
(a) Trick pony
(d) Bridge partner
4. Which of the following is not something Del notes as different in town and the country?
(a) Sunday supper
5. Which prayer does Del believe can save Major?
(a) The Apostles' Creed
(c) The Hail Mary
(d) The Lord's Prayer
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Major kills another sheep?
2. Where do Aunt Elspeth and Aunt Grace move after Uncle Craig's death?
3. What does Uncle Bill ask for but Mother does not have in the house?
4. Where does Del's mother rent a house?
5. What is Del's job during the fishing expeditions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Del's aunts move after Uncle Craig dies?
2. How does Del respond to Mr. Chamberlain's advances?
3. Where is Del in her life in the epilogue?
4. What is Del's favorite of Benny's possessions?
5. Who is Art Chamberlain?
6. What do Del's aunts believe about ambition in life?
7. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
8. Who is Frank Wales and what is Del's opinion of him?
9. What is Owen's idea to help save Major?
10. What is the episode that evolves after Major kills a sheep?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)