|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Art Chamberlain's profession?
(a) Radio station news anchor
(b) Retail manager
2. Why is Naomi furious with Del the next day?
(a) Del lost her favorite lipstick
(b) Del bailed on the group the night before
(c) Del flirted with her boyfriend
(d) Del burned a hole in her best dress
3. Which boy does Del begin to experiment with intimately?
(a) James Hall
(b) Milt Thomas
(c) Randy Troutman
(d) Jerry Storey
4. What does Jerry ask Del at his house one day?
(a) If he can see her naked
(b) If she wants to get married
(c) If she wants to go steady
(d) If she will make brownies
5. About whom does Del fantasize about sex?
(a) Art Chamberlain
(b) Frank Wade
(c) James Hall
(d) Michael Johnson
6. Del explores the actual creative and ______________ process of creating a story.
7. What does Del experience in the epilogue?
(a) The process of writing
(d) World travel
8. Which of the following terms does Del not use to describe Naomi after she has been sick?
(c) More ladylike
9. Who comes to this town in Del's novel?
(a) A new minister
(b) The circus
(c) A photographer
(d) A film crew
10. What type of book is Del writing?
11. The epilogue tells the story of how Del __________________.
(a) Plans her wedding
(b) Creates her story
(c) Travels the world
(d) Raises a family
12. What is the reaction of the town's residents to the photographer's work?
13. What does Del say she and Naomi talk about every day?
14. Where does Del go when she gets drunk and disoriented at the hotel?
(a) The hotel restaurant
(b) The concierge desk
(c) Naomi's house
(d) The men's room
15. What year of high school is Del in in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Del and her friend, Naomi?
2. What does Del learn about Miss Farris three or four years after the operetta?
3. What does Mr. Chamberlain send to Fern?
4. How can Del safely say she loves Frank as the Pied Piper?
5. What favor does Mr. Chamberlain ask of Del?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)