|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Frank have in the operetta?
(c) The Pied Piper
(d) Captain Hook
2. Why is Naomi furious with Del the next day?
(a) Del bailed on the group the night before
(b) Del burned a hole in her best dress
(c) Del flirted with her boyfriend
(d) Del lost her favorite lipstick
3. Where does Del go when she gets drunk and disoriented at the hotel?
(a) The men's room
(b) Naomi's house
(c) The hotel restaurant
(d) The concierge desk
4. Where does the photographer go in the town?
(a) The Baptist church
(b) The library
(c) The school
(d) The town hall
5. What is the name of the family on whom Del bases her story?
6. What happened to the daughter of the family?
(a) She graduated summa cum laude
(b) She got leukemia
(c) She moved to Europe
(d) She committed suicide
7. Why is Naomi proud of Del at the dance?
(a) For not getting drunk
(b) For drinking martinis
(c) For acting like an adult
(d) For winning a dance contest
8. About whom does Del fantasize about sex?
(a) James Hall
(b) Michael Johnson
(c) Art Chamberlain
(d) Frank Wade
9. What happens to Del and her friend, Naomi?
(a) They are picked for Homecoming court
(b) They are asked to audition
(c) They are asked to sit down and stop singing
(d) They are accepted by the same college
10. What beverage is Art drinking at the house?
(b) Red wine
(d) Iced tea
11. How long does it take for Del to finish her novel?
(a) She does not finish it
(b) Six months
(c) Two years
(d) Nine months
12. Which of the following terms does Del not use to describe Naomi after she has been sick?
(c) More ladylike
13. The epilogue tells the story of how Del __________________.
(a) Creates her story
(b) Raises a family
(c) Travels the world
(d) Plans her wedding
14. What is bothersome for Del about Miss Farris' death?
(a) It was especially gory
(b) She was killed by someone close to her
(c) Not many people showed up for her funeral
(d) It does not fit her image
15. What does Del say she and Naomi talk about every day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Art spend lots of time at Del's house?
2. With whom does Del discuss what had happened with Mr. Chamberlain?
3. What does Naomi's mother's book not address regarding sex?
4. Who is Bella Phippen?
5. What is Del's profession now?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)