|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not usual behavior between boys and girls at school at Del's age?
(a) Public displays of affection
(d) Mock hatred
2. What first experience does Del have on the way to the Brunswick Hotel?
(a) Cab ride
(b) Subway ride
(d) French kiss
3. Where does Del spend the night?
(a) Her porch swing
(b) The floor of the veranda
(c) A hammock
(d) The gazebo bench
4. Who is Mr. Boyce?
(a) The junior high history teacher
(b) The high school football coach
(c) The choir director
(d) The United Church organist
5. What does Art do out of sight of the others in the room?
(a) Fondles Del's breast
(b) Kisses Del
(c) Spanks Del
(d) Trips Del
6. Which of the following does not enter into Del's fantasies about Art?
(a) His face
(b) His smell
(c) His body
(d) His occupation
7. The next morning Del awakens with ________________.
(a) A cold
(b) A hangover
(c) The flue
(d) A migraine
8. Where do Del and Naomi go to a dance?
(a) Danny's Disco Palace
(b) The Crystal Ballroom
(c) Gay-la Dance Hall
(d) The Palladium
9. What year of high school is Del in in this section?
10. Why is Del no longer able to see Frank at school?
(a) Frank transfers to another school
(b) Frank graduated early
(c) Frank quits school
(d) Frank has different classes
11. Why is Naomi furious with Del the next day?
(a) Del flirted with her boyfriend
(b) Del burned a hole in her best dress
(c) Del bailed on the group the night before
(d) Del lost her favorite lipstick
12. What favor does Mr. Chamberlain ask of Del?
(a) Search for letters in Fern's room
(b) Bake him an apple pie
(c) Shorten a pair of slacks
(d) Buy some cigars for him
13. What does Del's school host every March?
(a) A Shakespeare play
(b) A choir recital
(c) An operatta
(d) A piano recital
14. What does Del change the family's name to in her story?
15. What does Naomi's father do to her when she gets home?
(a) Grounds her for a month
(b) Beats her with his belt
(c) Sends her right to bed
(d) Makes her stay up all night
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bella Phippen?
2. Who is Miss Farris?
3. On what part of her body does Art not touch Del?
4. Why does Art spend lots of time at Del's house?
5. Del believes that if she had been born in ____________ she would have already received the answers to her sexual questions.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)