|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next morning Del awakens with ________________.
(a) A cold
(b) A migraine
(c) The flue
(d) A hangover
2. How can Del safely say she loves Frank as the Pied Piper?
(a) She can say she is just performing
(b) She can say it as part of the operetta
(c) There is no fear of rejection
(d) She does not say anything about it
3. Which of the following is not usual behavior between boys and girls at school at Del's age?
(c) Mock hatred
(d) Public displays of affection
4. What does Jerry ask Del at his house one day?
(a) If she will make brownies
(b) If he can see her naked
(c) If she wants to go steady
(d) If she wants to get married
5. Del believes that if she had been born in ____________ she would have already received the answers to her sexual questions.
6. In what terms does Del not describe herself as she stands at the mirror?
7. What is bothersome for Del about Miss Farris' death?
(a) It does not fit her image
(b) Not many people showed up for her funeral
(c) It was especially gory
(d) She was killed by someone close to her
8. Bella is given the job because it only requires the skills of someone ____________________________.
(a) Who has a quiet demeanor
(b) Who lives in town
(c) Deaf as a stone and lame in one leg from polio
(d) Who likes to read books
9. How does Del feel about Frank Wales?
(a) She cannot stand the sight of him
(b) She is madly in love with him
(c) She has no opinion of him
(d) She has a crush on him
10. What does Naomi's mother's book not address regarding sex?
(a) Any nuances
(d) Birth control
11. What city does Art mention that he has visited that intrigues Del's mother?
12. What does Art do out of sight of the others in the room?
(a) Fondles Del's breast
(b) Spanks Del
(c) Kisses Del
(d) Trips Del
13. What shocking question does Jerry's mother ask Del?
(a) If she has a diaphragm
(b) If she is a virgin
(c) How much she weighs
(d) How much money her father makes
14. Where does Del go when she gets drunk and disoriented at the hotel?
(a) Naomi's house
(b) The hotel restaurant
(c) The concierge desk
(d) The men's room
15. Who is Bella Phippen?
(a) The head nurse
(b) The organist
(c) The librarian
(d) The choir director
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Del and her friend, Naomi?
2. Why does Art spend lots of time at Del's house?
3. On what part of her body does Art not touch Del?
4. By the end of this section, Del is now ___________________.
5. What does Del learn about Miss Farris three or four years after the operetta?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)