|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the daughter of the family?
(a) She committed suicide
(b) She moved to Europe
(c) She got leukemia
(d) She graduated summa cum laude
2. What is Del's favorite place to be?
(b) The library
(c) Her bedroom
(d) The ice cream shop
3. What do Del and the boy in #158 become known as?
(a) Quiz Kids
(b) Canadian Lovebirds
(c) Frick and Frack
4. On what part of her body does Art not touch Del?
5. Who does Del tell about her writing project?
(a) No one
(b) Aunt Elspeth
(c) Her mother
6. About whom does Del fantasize about sex?
(a) James Hall
(b) Art Chamberlain
(c) Frank Wade
(d) Michael Johnson
7. What does Art say happens to some girls in Italy?
(a) They marry U.S. citizens
(b) They become models
(c) They are sold to men
(d) They become artists
8. What makes Del run for home in her drunken state?
(a) No cab fare
(b) Her curfew
(c) The police
(d) Naomi's father's anger
9. What does Del learn about Miss Farris three or four years after the operetta?
(a) She drowned
(b) She eloped
(c) She resigned
(d) She moved to Europe
10. What type of book is Del writing?
11. Which boy does Del begin to experiment with intimately?
(a) James Hall
(b) Milt Thomas
(c) Jerry Storey
(d) Randy Troutman
12. Del explores the actual creative and ______________ process of creating a story.
13. What favor does Mr. Chamberlain ask of Del?
(a) Bake him an apple pie
(b) Search for letters in Fern's room
(c) Shorten a pair of slacks
(d) Buy some cigars for him
14. What is the name of the family on whom Del bases her story?
15. Why is Naomi furious with Del the next day?
(a) Del bailed on the group the night before
(b) Del lost her favorite lipstick
(c) Del burned a hole in her best dress
(d) Del flirted with her boyfriend
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Chamberlain do when he picks up Del after school one day?
2. The next morning Del awakens with ________________.
3. How does Del feel about Frank Wales?
4. How long does it take for Del to finish her novel?
5. Who is Miss Farris?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)