|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Del and Naomi talk about sex and ___________________.
(d) Other topics unacceptable in Jubilee
2. Who is Bella Phippen?
(a) The choir director
(b) The head nurse
(c) The organist
(d) The librarian
3. What is the name of the family on whom Del bases her story?
4. Why does Art spend lots of time at Del's house?
(a) He is doing some maintenance work
(b) He is having an affair with Fern
(c) He is tutoring Owen
(d) He is painting the house
5. What does Mr. Chamberlain send to Fern?
(a) A farewell letter
6. Why is Del no longer able to see Frank at school?
(a) Frank has different classes
(b) Frank graduated early
(c) Frank quits school
(d) Frank transfers to another school
7. What does Art say happens to some girls in Italy?
(a) They become models
(b) They become artists
(c) They marry U.S. citizens
(d) They are sold to men
8. What does Naomi's mother's book not address regarding sex?
(c) Any nuances
(d) Birth control
9. What is the beginning of the end of Del's friendship with Naomi?
(a) Naomi gets very sick
(b) Naomi moves away
(c) Naomi gets married
(d) Naomi gets a job
10. Del explores the actual creative and ______________ process of creating a story.
11. About whom does Del fantasize about sex?
(a) James Hall
(b) Michael Johnson
(c) Art Chamberlain
(d) Frank Wade
12. What does Del learn about Miss Farris three or four years after the operetta?
(a) She drowned
(b) She resigned
(c) She moved to Europe
(d) She eloped
13. What beverage is Art drinking at the house?
(a) Iced tea
(c) Red wine
14. What is Art Chamberlain's profession?
(b) Radio station news anchor
(d) Retail manager
15. What type of book is Del writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the daughter of the family?
2. Why doe Miss Farris and Mr. Boyce come to Del's class?
3. What must the students participating in the operetta do during rehearsals?
4. Bella is given the job because it only requires the skills of someone ____________________________.
5. With what does Del have a special relationship?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)