|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not what Del perceives about Naomi at her job?
(a) Fancy talk
(b) Affected mannerisms
(c) Adult clothes
2. Who does Del tell about her writing project?
(a) Her mother
(b) Aunt Elspeth
(c) No one
3. Who is Frank Wales?
(a) He is the boy who sits behind Del
(b) He is Del's prom date
(c) He is Del's cousin
(d) He is Del's math tutor
4. What must the students participating in the operetta do during rehearsals?
(a) Improve their voice projection
(b) Suspend their mock hostility for each other
(c) Practice tirelessly
(d) Get measured for costumes
5. Which of the following is not usual behavior between boys and girls at school at Del's age?
(c) Public displays of affection
(d) Mock hatred
6. What does Naomi's mother's book not address regarding sex?
(b) Birth control
(d) Any nuances
7. Why is Naomi proud of Del at the dance?
(a) For not getting drunk
(b) For winning a dance contest
(c) For acting like an adult
(d) For drinking martinis
8. What is the beginning of the end of Del's friendship with Naomi?
(a) Naomi gets very sick
(b) Naomi gets a job
(c) Naomi moves away
(d) Naomi gets married
9. Why does Art spend lots of time at Del's house?
(a) He is painting the house
(b) He is doing some maintenance work
(c) He is tutoring Owen
(d) He is having an affair with Fern
10. The next morning Del awakens with ________________.
(a) The flue
(b) A hangover
(c) A migraine
(d) A cold
11. How long does it take for Del to finish her novel?
(a) Two years
(b) Nine months
(c) Six months
(d) She does not finish it
12. What does Del learn about Miss Farris three or four years after the operetta?
(a) She resigned
(b) She drowned
(c) She moved to Europe
(d) She eloped
13. What does Del change the family's name to in her story?
14. About whom does Del fantasize about sex?
(a) Art Chamberlain
(b) Frank Wade
(c) James Hall
(d) Michael Johnson
15. What do Del and the boy in #158 become known as?
(a) Quiz Kids
(b) Canadian Lovebirds
(c) Frick and Frack
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of this section, Del is now ___________________.
2. On what part of her body does Art not touch Del?
3. Del and Naomi talk about sex and ___________________.
4. What does Del say she and Naomi talk about every day?
5. What city does Art mention that he has visited that intrigues Del's mother?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)