|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bella is given the job because it only requires the skills of someone ____________________________.
(a) Who has a quiet demeanor
(b) Who likes to read books
(c) Who lives in town
(d) Deaf as a stone and lame in one leg from polio
2. In Del's fantasies, Art _______________.
(a) Sees her naked
(b) Fondles her
(c) Kisses her
(d) Rejects her
3. What has Del decided to write?
(a) Her mother's story
(b) A novel about Canada
(c) Benny's book
(d) Her life story
4. How does Del feel about Frank Wales?
(a) She is madly in love with him
(b) She cannot stand the sight of him
(c) She has a crush on him
(d) She has no opinion of him
5. What does Del say she and Naomi talk about every day?
6. Where does Del spend the night?
(a) Her porch swing
(b) The floor of the veranda
(c) The gazebo bench
(d) A hammock
7. What first experience does Del have on the way to the Brunswick Hotel?
(a) Subway ride
(b) French kiss
(c) Cab ride
8. What is happening to Del as this section opens?
(a) Her parents are divorcing
(b) She is having a sexual awakening
(c) She is transferring to another school
(d) She is getting a new hairstyle
9. What do Del and Naomi develop to communicate about the crushes they have on boys?
(a) Special handshake
(b) A secret code
(c) Hand signals
(d) Cryptic notes
10. What is the beginning of the end of Del's friendship with Naomi?
(a) Naomi gets very sick
(b) Naomi gets married
(c) Naomi gets a job
(d) Naomi moves away
11. What beverage is Art drinking at the house?
(c) Iced tea
(d) Red wine
12. What does Art do out of sight of the others in the room?
(a) Trips Del
(b) Kisses Del
(c) Spanks Del
(d) Fondles Del's breast
13. In what terms does Del not describe herself as she stands at the mirror?
14. Where do Del and the boy in #158 spend much of their time?
(a) The Haines Restaurant
(b) The Blue Owl
(c) The Pine Club
(d) DeDe's Diner
15. How long does it take for Del to finish her novel?
(a) Six months
(b) She does not finish it
(c) Nine months
(d) Two years
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Del carry her novel?
2. With what does Del have a special relationship?
3. What does Mr. Chamberlain do when he picks up Del after school one day?
4. What year of high school is Del in in this section?
5. Which of the following is not a reason given for Miss Farris' death?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)