|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Del safely say she loves Frank as the Pied Piper?
(a) She does not say anything about it
(b) She can say she is just performing
(c) There is no fear of rejection
(d) She can say it as part of the operetta
2. What is the beginning of the end of Del's friendship with Naomi?
(a) Naomi gets married
(b) Naomi moves away
(c) Naomi gets very sick
(d) Naomi gets a job
3. What first experience does Del have on the way to the Brunswick Hotel?
(b) French kiss
(c) Cab ride
(d) Subway ride
4. Why does Art spend lots of time at Del's house?
(a) He is painting the house
(b) He is having an affair with Fern
(c) He is doing some maintenance work
(d) He is tutoring Owen
5. The epilogue tells the story of how Del __________________.
(a) Plans her wedding
(b) Raises a family
(c) Travels the world
(d) Creates her story
6. Which of the following is not usual behavior between boys and girls at school at Del's age?
(b) Public displays of affection
(c) Mock hatred
7. What does Del experience in the epilogue?
(b) The process of writing
(d) World travel
8. What is the reaction of the town's residents to the photographer's work?
9. Where do Del and Naomi go to a dance?
(a) The Palladium
(b) Gay-la Dance Hall
(c) The Crystal Ballroom
(d) Danny's Disco Palace
10. Where do Del and Naomi find a book about sex?
(a) The Internet
(b) Naomi's mother's hope chest
(c) A box in Del's attic
(d) The library
11. What year of high school is Del in in this section?
12. With what does Del have a special relationship?
13. What does Naomi's mother's book not address regarding sex?
(b) Birth control
(c) Any nuances
14. How does Del get a part in the operetta?
(a) She is the right height for the costume
(b) She has a relative on the selection committee
(c) She has a beautiful singing voice
(d) She bribes the judges with cookies
15. Where do Del and the boy in #158 spend much of their time?
(a) DeDe's Diner
(b) The Pine Club
(c) The Haines Restaurant
(d) The Blue Owl
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Del say she and Naomi talk about every day?
2. What role does Frank have in the operetta?
3. What is bothersome for Del about Miss Farris' death?
4. What does Art say happens to some girls in Italy?
5. Why is Del no longer able to see Frank at school?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)