|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Del and Naomi go to a dance?
(a) The Palladium
(b) The Crystal Ballroom
(c) Gay-la Dance Hall
(d) Danny's Disco Palace
2. What does Art do out of sight of the others in the room?
(a) Kisses Del
(b) Fondles Del's breast
(c) Trips Del
(d) Spanks Del
3. What happens to Del and her friend, Naomi?
(a) They are accepted by the same college
(b) They are asked to sit down and stop singing
(c) They are asked to audition
(d) They are picked for Homecoming court
4. What has Del outgrown in this section?
(a) Her tennis shoes
(b) Her bedroom decorations
(c) Her jeans
(d) All the books in the library
5. How long does it take for Del to finish her novel?
(a) Two years
(b) Nine months
(c) She does not finish it
(d) Six months
6. What is Art Chamberlain's profession?
(b) Radio station news anchor
(d) Retail manager
7. Who is Mr. Boyce?
(a) The choir director
(b) The United Church organist
(c) The high school football coach
(d) The junior high history teacher
8. What does Del's school host every March?
(a) A choir recital
(b) A piano recital
(c) A Shakespeare play
(d) An operatta
9. Why doe Miss Farris and Mr. Boyce come to Del's class?
(a) To teach singing
(b) To listen to the students sing
(c) To hold auditions
(d) To give out awards
10. Which of the following is not what Del perceives about Naomi at her job?
(a) Affected mannerisms
(b) Adult clothes
(d) Fancy talk
11. What does Naomi's mother's book not address regarding sex?
(c) Any nuances
(d) Birth control
12. What role does Frank have in the operetta?
(a) The Pied Piper
(c) Captain Hook
13. What has Del decided to write?
(a) Her life story
(b) Her mother's story
(c) A novel about Canada
(d) Benny's book
14. The next morning Del awakens with ________________.
(a) The flue
(b) A hangover
(c) A migraine
(d) A cold
15. What beverage is Art drinking at the house?
(c) Iced tea
(d) Red wine
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Mr. Chamberlain ask of Del?
2. With whom does Del discuss what had happened with Mr. Chamberlain?
3. What is Art unable to discuss about his trip to Florence?
4. What does Naomi's father do to her when she gets home?
5. How can Del safely say she loves Frank as the Pied Piper?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)