|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Mr. Chamberlain ask of Del?
(a) Buy some cigars for him
(b) Shorten a pair of slacks
(c) Bake him an apple pie
(d) Search for letters in Fern's room
2. Where does Del go when she gets drunk and disoriented at the hotel?
(a) The men's room
(b) The hotel restaurant
(c) The concierge desk
(d) Naomi's house
3. How can Del safely say she loves Frank as the Pied Piper?
(a) She can say it as part of the operetta
(b) She can say she is just performing
(c) There is no fear of rejection
(d) She does not say anything about it
4. What first experience does Del have on the way to the Brunswick Hotel?
(a) Subway ride
(b) French kiss
(c) Cab ride
5. What happens to Del and her friend, Naomi?
(a) They are asked to sit down and stop singing
(b) They are picked for Homecoming court
(c) They are accepted by the same college
(d) They are asked to audition
6. In Del's fantasies, Art _______________.
(a) Fondles her
(b) Rejects her
(c) Sees her naked
(d) Kisses her
7. Del explores the actual creative and ______________ process of creating a story.
8. Which boy does Del begin to experiment with intimately?
(a) Jerry Storey
(b) Milt Thomas
(c) James Hall
(d) Randy Troutman
9. Who is Mr. Boyce?
(a) The junior high history teacher
(b) The high school football coach
(c) The choir director
(d) The United Church organist
10. What is the beginning of the end of Del's friendship with Naomi?
(a) Naomi gets a job
(b) Naomi moves away
(c) Naomi gets very sick
(d) Naomi gets married
11. What is bothersome for Del about Miss Farris' death?
(a) She was killed by someone close to her
(b) It does not fit her image
(c) Not many people showed up for her funeral
(d) It was especially gory
12. What does Art do out of sight of the others in the room?
(a) Kisses Del
(b) Spanks Del
(c) Trips Del
(d) Fondles Del's breast
13. Who is Bella Phippen?
(a) The organist
(b) The head nurse
(c) The choir director
(d) The librarian
14. What does Del say she and Naomi talk about every day?
15. On what part of her body does Art not touch Del?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Del and the boy in #158 spend much of their time?
2. Where does Del carry her novel?
3. Which of the following does not enter into Del's fantasies about Art?
4. Why is Del no longer able to see Frank at school?
5. What is Del's favorite place to be?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)