|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Del discuss what had happened with Mr. Chamberlain?
(a) No one
(b) Her mother
(d) Miss Farris
2. Where does Del spend the night?
(a) The gazebo bench
(b) The floor of the veranda
(c) Her porch swing
(d) A hammock
3. What happens to Del and her friend, Naomi?
(a) They are accepted by the same college
(b) They are asked to sit down and stop singing
(c) They are picked for Homecoming court
(d) They are asked to audition
4. What is Del's favorite place to be?
(a) The ice cream shop
(c) Her bedroom
(d) The library
5. Who does Del tell about her writing project?
(b) No one
(c) Her mother
(d) Aunt Elspeth
6. What first experience does Del have on the way to the Brunswick Hotel?
(b) Cab ride
(c) French kiss
(d) Subway ride
7. What does Del's school host every March?
(a) An operatta
(b) A piano recital
(c) A choir recital
(d) A Shakespeare play
8. What year of high school is Del in in this section?
9. What does Naomi's mother's book not address regarding sex?
(c) Birth control
(d) Any nuances
10. Why is Naomi furious with Del the next day?
(a) Del bailed on the group the night before
(b) Del flirted with her boyfriend
(c) Del burned a hole in her best dress
(d) Del lost her favorite lipstick
11. What makes Del run for home in her drunken state?
(a) Naomi's father's anger
(b) Her curfew
(c) The police
(d) No cab fare
12. Which of the following terms does Del not use to describe Naomi after she has been sick?
(b) More ladylike
13. Which of the following is not a reason given for Miss Farris' death?
(a) She was kidnapped and thrown into the river
(b) She committed suicide
(c) She slipped and fell into the water
(d) She was shot
14. What is Art Chamberlain's profession?
(c) Radio station news anchor
(d) Retail manager
15. What does Jerry ask Del at his house one day?
(a) If she wants to get married
(b) If he can see her naked
(c) If she will make brownies
(d) If she wants to go steady
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Del feel about Frank Wales?
2. Why is Del no longer able to see Frank at school?
3. In Del's fantasies, Art _______________.
4. What is happening to Del as this section opens?
5. How long does it take for Del to finish her novel?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)