|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Art Chamberlain's profession?
(a) Radio station news anchor
(b) Retail manager
2. Which of the following terms does Del not use to describe Naomi after she has been sick?
(a) More ladylike
3. Where do Del and the boy in #158 spend much of their time?
(a) DeDe's Diner
(b) The Blue Owl
(c) The Pine Club
(d) The Haines Restaurant
4. Where does Del carry her novel?
(a) On her flash drive
(b) In Uncle Benny's box
(c) In a briefcase
(d) In her mind
5. What happened to the daughter of the family?
(a) She got leukemia
(b) She committed suicide
(c) She graduated summa cum laude
(d) She moved to Europe
6. What happens to Del and her friend, Naomi?
(a) They are picked for Homecoming court
(b) They are asked to audition
(c) They are asked to sit down and stop singing
(d) They are accepted by the same college
7. Which of the following is not a reason given for Miss Farris' death?
(a) She slipped and fell into the water
(b) She was kidnapped and thrown into the river
(c) She was shot
(d) She committed suicide
8. By the end of this section, Del is now ___________________.
(a) An adolescent
(b) An orphan
(c) Tutoring three children
(d) Enrolled in college
9. How can Del safely say she loves Frank as the Pied Piper?
(a) There is no fear of rejection
(b) She does not say anything about it
(c) She can say she is just performing
(d) She can say it as part of the operetta
10. Del explores the actual creative and ______________ process of creating a story.
11. Why is Del no longer able to see Frank at school?
(a) Frank has different classes
(b) Frank graduated early
(c) Frank transfers to another school
(d) Frank quits school
12. What does Art do out of sight of the others in the room?
(a) Spanks Del
(b) Fondles Del's breast
(c) Trips Del
(d) Kisses Del
13. What does Del change the family's name to in her story?
14. In what terms does Del not describe herself as she stands at the mirror?
15. What role does Frank have in the operetta?
(b) Captain Hook
(c) The Pied Piper
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the photographer go in the town?
2. Which of the following is not what Del perceives about Naomi at her job?
3. What is happening to Del as this section opens?
4. What type of book is Del writing?
5. What does Del experience in the epilogue?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)