|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Del safely say she loves Frank as the Pied Piper?
(a) There is no fear of rejection
(b) She can say she is just performing
(c) She does not say anything about it
(d) She can say it as part of the operetta
2. With whom does Del discuss what had happened with Mr. Chamberlain?
(b) Her mother
(c) Miss Farris
(d) No one
3. What is happening to Del as this section opens?
(a) She is getting a new hairstyle
(b) Her parents are divorcing
(c) She is having a sexual awakening
(d) She is transferring to another school
4. Who is Frank Wales?
(a) He is the boy who sits behind Del
(b) He is Del's math tutor
(c) He is Del's cousin
(d) He is Del's prom date
5. Del explores the actual creative and ______________ process of creating a story.
6. Where do Del and the boy in #158 spend much of their time?
(a) The Pine Club
(b) The Blue Owl
(c) DeDe's Diner
(d) The Haines Restaurant
7. What does Del experience in the epilogue?
(a) The process of writing
(b) World travel
8. Bella is given the job because it only requires the skills of someone ____________________________.
(a) Who has a quiet demeanor
(b) Who lives in town
(c) Who likes to read books
(d) Deaf as a stone and lame in one leg from polio
9. Where do Del and Naomi go to a dance?
(a) Gay-la Dance Hall
(b) The Crystal Ballroom
(c) The Palladium
(d) Danny's Disco Palace
10. Who is Mr. Boyce?
(a) The United Church organist
(b) The junior high history teacher
(c) The high school football coach
(d) The choir director
11. Why does Art spend lots of time at Del's house?
(a) He is painting the house
(b) He is tutoring Owen
(c) He is having an affair with Fern
(d) He is doing some maintenance work
12. What first experience does Del have on the way to the Brunswick Hotel?
(b) Subway ride
(c) French kiss
(d) Cab ride
13. On what part of her body does Art not touch Del?
14. Why is Del no longer able to see Frank at school?
(a) Frank transfers to another school
(b) Frank has different classes
(c) Frank graduated early
(d) Frank quits school
15. Who comes to this town in Del's novel?
(a) A photographer
(b) The circus
(c) A film crew
(d) A new minister
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Mr. Chamberlain ask of Del?
2. What does Del change the family's name to in her story?
3. What does Del's school host every March?
4. What is the reaction of the town's residents to the photographer's work?
5. What has Del outgrown in this section?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)