|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Del's profession now?
(d) Interior designer
2. The fictional town in Del's novel is much like ______________.
3. What do Del and Naomi hope to see when they realize that Art is at Del's house?
(a) Art's travel photos
(b) Art kissing Del's mother
(c) Art's new car
(d) Art and Fern having sex
4. What does Del learn about Miss Farris three or four years after the operetta?
(a) She drowned
(b) She eloped
(c) She resigned
(d) She moved to Europe
5. What does Jerry ask Del at his house one day?
(a) If she will make brownies
(b) If she wants to go steady
(c) If she wants to get married
(d) If he can see her naked
6. Del bases her story on the events that happen to whom?
(a) A local family
(b) The Mafia
(c) A queen
(d) A politician
7. What is happening to Del as this section opens?
(a) Her parents are divorcing
(b) She is having a sexual awakening
(c) She is transferring to another school
(d) She is getting a new hairstyle
8. What makes Del run for home in her drunken state?
(a) Her curfew
(b) Naomi's father's anger
(c) No cab fare
(d) The police
9. How long does it take for Del to finish her novel?
(a) Nine months
(b) She does not finish it
(c) Two years
(d) Six months
10. Why doe Miss Farris and Mr. Boyce come to Del's class?
(a) To teach singing
(b) To listen to the students sing
(c) To hold auditions
(d) To give out awards
11. Where does Del go when she gets drunk and disoriented at the hotel?
(a) Naomi's house
(b) The men's room
(c) The concierge desk
(d) The hotel restaurant
12. What beverage is Art drinking at the house?
(a) Red wine
(d) Iced tea
13. Which boy does Del begin to experiment with intimately?
(a) James Hall
(b) Randy Troutman
(c) Milt Thomas
(d) Jerry Storey
14. Which of the following does not enter into Del's fantasies about Art?
(a) His face
(b) His body
(c) His occupation
(d) His smell
15. What does Del change the family's name to in her story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the photographer go in the town?
2. Which of the following is not what Del perceives about Naomi at her job?
3. What is the name of the family on whom Del bases her story?
4. What does Art say happens to some girls in Italy?
5. What does Del's school host every March?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)