|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Del's profession now?
(c) Interior designer
2. Which of the following is not a reason that Del likes books so much?
(a) They never challenge her relationship with them
(b) They are a constant
(c) They never change
(d) They are organized
3. What does Naomi's father do to her when she gets home?
(a) Sends her right to bed
(b) Grounds her for a month
(c) Makes her stay up all night
(d) Beats her with his belt
4. Del and Naomi talk about sex and ___________________.
(b) Other topics unacceptable in Jubilee
5. The epilogue tells the story of how Del __________________.
(a) Plans her wedding
(b) Travels the world
(c) Raises a family
(d) Creates her story
6. What favor does Mr. Chamberlain ask of Del?
(a) Shorten a pair of slacks
(b) Bake him an apple pie
(c) Buy some cigars for him
(d) Search for letters in Fern's room
7. What does Del say she and Naomi talk about every day?
8. What is Del's favorite place to be?
(a) The library
(b) The ice cream shop
(c) Her bedroom
9. Where do Del and the boy in #158 spend much of their time?
(a) The Haines Restaurant
(b) DeDe's Diner
(c) The Pine Club
(d) The Blue Owl
10. On what part of her body does Art not touch Del?
11. Who is Mr. Boyce?
(a) The junior high history teacher
(b) The high school football coach
(c) The United Church organist
(d) The choir director
12. What year of high school is Del in in this section?
13. What is bothersome for Del about Miss Farris' death?
(a) It was especially gory
(b) Not many people showed up for her funeral
(c) She was killed by someone close to her
(d) It does not fit her image
14. What does Del experience in the epilogue?
(c) World travel
(d) The process of writing
15. Where do Del and Naomi go to a dance?
(a) Danny's Disco Palace
(b) The Crystal Ballroom
(c) The Palladium
(d) Gay-la Dance Hall
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Art say happens to some girls in Italy?
2. By the end of this section, Del is now ___________________.
3. With what does Del have a special relationship?
4. What city does Art mention that he has visited that intrigues Del's mother?
5. What does Del change the family's name to in her story?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)