|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Del's school host every March?
(a) An operatta
(b) A choir recital
(c) A Shakespeare play
(d) A piano recital
2. Which of the following is not usual behavior between boys and girls at school at Del's age?
(a) Public displays of affection
(d) Mock hatred
3. What is bothersome for Del about Miss Farris' death?
(a) It was especially gory
(b) It does not fit her image
(c) Not many people showed up for her funeral
(d) She was killed by someone close to her
4. What does Del learn about Miss Farris three or four years after the operetta?
(a) She moved to Europe
(b) She resigned
(c) She drowned
(d) She eloped
5. What does Art say happens to some girls in Italy?
(a) They become artists
(b) They become models
(c) They marry U.S. citizens
(d) They are sold to men
6. What has Del outgrown in this section?
(a) Her tennis shoes
(b) Her jeans
(c) Her bedroom decorations
(d) All the books in the library
7. What shocking question does Jerry's mother ask Del?
(a) How much money her father makes
(b) How much she weighs
(c) If she has a diaphragm
(d) If she is a virgin
8. Where do Del and Naomi go to a dance?
(a) Danny's Disco Palace
(b) The Palladium
(c) The Crystal Ballroom
(d) Gay-la Dance Hall
9. Which of the following is not a reason given for Miss Farris' death?
(a) She slipped and fell into the water
(b) She committed suicide
(c) She was shot
(d) She was kidnapped and thrown into the river
10. Where does Del go when she gets drunk and disoriented at the hotel?
(a) The concierge desk
(b) Naomi's house
(c) The men's room
(d) The hotel restaurant
11. What do Del and Naomi hope to see when they realize that Art is at Del's house?
(a) Art's travel photos
(b) Art kissing Del's mother
(c) Art's new car
(d) Art and Fern having sex
12. How does Del feel about Frank Wales?
(a) She has a crush on him
(b) She has no opinion of him
(c) She is madly in love with him
(d) She cannot stand the sight of him
13. What does Naomi's father do to her when she gets home?
(a) Sends her right to bed
(b) Makes her stay up all night
(c) Beats her with his belt
(d) Grounds her for a month
14. Which of the following does not enter into Del's fantasies about Art?
(a) His occupation
(b) His smell
(c) His body
(d) His face
15. What must the students participating in the operetta do during rehearsals?
(a) Get measured for costumes
(b) Suspend their mock hostility for each other
(c) Practice tirelessly
(d) Improve their voice projection
Short Answer Questions
1. What year of high school is Del in in this section?
2. What does Del say she and Naomi talk about every day?
3. What happens to Del and her friend, Naomi?
4. What is happening to Del as this section opens?
5. Where does Del carry her novel?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)