|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Del's mother, it makes no more sense to believe that an unseen being died for our sins than it would be to ___________________________________.
(a) Believe in the Easter Bunny
(b) Believe the Aztec notion that the sun would nor rise or set with the sacrifice of live hearts
(c) Believe in Santa Claus
(d) Believe in leprechauns
2. What is the name of the town where Del's family lives on the outskirts?
3. Owen begs Del to _____________________ in a desperate attempt to save Major.
(a) Talk to their father
(b) Let Major loose
(c) Run away with Major
(d) Tell him how to pray
4. Why do Aunt Elspeth and Aunt Grace move?
(a) To be closer to church
(b) To open a bed and breakfast
(c) To help Del's father and family
(d) To get a smaller house
5. What does Del's mother accuse Del of becoming?
(a) A snot nose
(b) Self-conscious about her smarts
(c) Too arrogant
(d) Too big for her britches
6. Where is it thought that Madeleine moves after leaving Benny?
7. How old is Del in this chapter?
8. Everything is ________________ in town.
(a) More expensive
(b) More desirable
9. Which of the following activities does Del's mother not do?
(a) Takes a correspondence history course
(b) Designs clothes
(c) Joins a book group
(d) Writes letters to the newspapers
10. What news does Del receive when she returns home from her aunts' house?
(a) Uncle Craig has died
(b) Uncle Craig has remarried
(c) Uncle Craig is moving to Montana
(d) Uncle Craig is going to Europe
11. What does Aunt Moira call Del?
(a) A lunatic
(b) An angel
(c) A mad dog
(d) A jewel
12. How does Del feel when her mother comes to school to present a prize for an essay contest?
(a) She is very proud
(b) She is in agony
(c) She retreats into depression
(d) She endures her mother's public persona
13. What announcement does Benny make?
(a) He is converting to Catholicism
(b) He has to have surgery
(c) He is moving away
(d) He is married
14. Where do Dill and Uncle Bill go to the grocery?
(a) Jubilation Market
(b) Red Front Grocery
(c) Last Chance Deli
15. What does Uncle Bill call Del's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Del's family raise?
2. What does Uncle Bill ask for but Mother does not have in the house?
3. Who tries to force Del to view Uncle Craig's body?
4. Del's prays that she will _____________________________.
5. Which religion does Del not try out in her search for a religious home?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)