|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Owen begs Del to _____________________ in a desperate attempt to save Major.
(a) Tell him how to pray
(b) Run away with Major
(c) Talk to their father
(d) Let Major loose
2. Which of the following activities does Del's mother not do?
(a) Writes letters to the newspapers
(b) Joins a book group
(c) Takes a correspondence history course
(d) Designs clothes
3. According to Del's mother, it makes no more sense to believe that an unseen being died for our sins than it would be to ___________________________________.
(a) Believe in leprechauns
(b) Believe in Santa Claus
(c) Believe in the Easter Bunny
(d) Believe the Aztec notion that the sun would nor rise or set with the sacrifice of live hearts
4. For what is Del searching in this chapter?
(a) Her hairbrush
(b) The meaning of religion
(c) Her friend's dog
(d) Her red glove
5. Del spends days fishing with Uncle Benny along the _______________ River.
6. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) Deb Hall
(b) Del Jordan
(c) Del Shannon
(d) Deb Jordan
7. What does Del's father not want to believe about the family dog?
(a) That he will kill again
(b) That he will run away
(c) That he can speak
(d) That he is a mutt
8. What has the family's dog done recently?
(a) Run into traffic
(b) Had puppies
(c) Killed a sheep
(d) Learned to roll over
9. According to Del's aunts it is better to ________________________.
(a) Have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
(b) Eat a light supper
(c) Be satisfied with what one has
(d) Exercise in the mornings
10. What extreme weather occurs during the last spring that Del spends in Jubilee?
(a) A tornado
(b) A blizzard
(c) A flood
(d) A hurricane
11. Who is Del's brother?
12. Which of the following does not bother Del about Major's having to be put down?
(a) It is intentional
(b) It is calculating
(c) It is deliberate
(d) It is an accident
13. Del realizes that prayer and ____________ do not always fit nicely together.
14. With what animals at Benny's house does Benny claim he will make soup?
15. What does Del do to try to understand religion?
(a) Watches TV evangelists
(b) Attend services a various churches
(c) Goes to Gospel meetings
(d) Reads the Bible
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Uncle Craig's manuscript?
2. Which of the following is not something Del notes as different in town and the country?
3. What was Uncle Craig doing when he died?
4. During what months do Del's mother and the children live in the rented house?
5. What does Del notice while shoveling snow one day?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)