|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day Del decides she no longer wants to be her mother's _____________________.
(c) Trick pony
(d) Bridge partner
2. What type of newspapers does Benny collect?
3. What does Del's mother accuse Del of becoming?
(a) Self-conscious about her smarts
(b) A snot nose
(c) Too arrogant
(d) Too big for her britches
4. What do Del and Mary Agnes discover along the riverbank?
(a) Dead fish
(b) A dead body
(c) A dead cow
5. Where do Aunt Elspeth and Aunt Grace move after Uncle Craig's death?
(b) Jenkin's Bend
(c) Jenkin's Cove
6. Benny asks Del to _______________.
(a) Pick up his laundry
(b) Clean his house
(c) Bake a cake for him
(d) Write a letter for him
7. What is the name of the town where Del's family lives on the outskirts?
8. For what is Del searching in this chapter?
(a) Her hairbrush
(b) Her friend's dog
(c) The meaning of religion
(d) Her red glove
9. How many acres does Del's family live on?
10. What is Del's favorite thing out of all of Benny's possessions?
(a) Snow globe
(b) A stack of newspapers
(c) Chintz chair
11. What does Del do to Mary Agnes?
(a) Slaps her
(b) Screams at her
(c) Bites her
(d) Pushes her down the steps
12. What happens when Major kills another sheep?
(a) He is confined to the house
(b) He has to be put down
(c) He is castrated
(d) He is sent to obedience school
13. What rumor does Benny confirm to the Jordans about Madeleine?
(a) She is a lesbian
(b) She beats her child
(c) She is still married to someone else
(d) She is an ex-convict
14. What does Del do one day when she is tired of repeating answers?
(a) Runs away
(c) Pretends to vomit
15. Where do Del's aunts live?
(a) Jenkin's Cove
(b) Jenkin's Bend
(c) Jenson's Corner
(d) Jenkin's Corner
Short Answer Questions
1. Del's prays that she will _____________________________.
2. Who tries to force Del to view Uncle Craig's body?
3. Where do Dill and Uncle Bill go to the grocery?
4. What do Del's aunts think about Uncle Craig's decision not to run for election?
5. Everything is ________________ in town.
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)