|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Uncle Craig doing when he died?
(b) Playing cards
(c) Walking down the street
(d) Driving to the library
2. What role does Del take on to help her mother in her job?
(a) Live-action prop
(c) Clean up
3. How long to Uncle Bill and Aunt Nile stay at Del's house?
(a) One week
(b) One night
(c) One afternoon
(d) One month
4. What group does Del's mother eventually join?
(a) The Garden Club
(b) Daughters of the American Revolution
(c) The Democratic fundraising group
(d) The Great Books discussion group
5. What can Del not give Owen regarding Major?
(a) A new home
(b) A rescue plan
(c) False hope
(d) Obedience lessons
6. What do Del and Mary Agnes discover along the riverbank?
(b) A dead body
(c) Dead fish
(d) A dead cow
7. Del's prays that she will _____________________________.
(a) Grow up to be beautiful
(b) Not have to continue to suffer with learning to sew
(c) Go to a good college
(d) Marry a rich man
8. What do Del's aunts bring her one day?
(a) A box of family photos
(b) A prom dress
(c) A car
(d) Uncle Craig's manuscript
9. What name does Del call Uncle Bill?
(a) A blessing in disguise
(b) Her favorite uncle
(c) The highest branch of the family tree
(d) Fairy godmother
10. Owen begs Del to _____________________ in a desperate attempt to save Major.
(a) Let Major loose
(b) Tell him how to pray
(c) Talk to their father
(d) Run away with Major
11. Del spends days fishing with Uncle Benny along the _______________ River.
12. Where is it thought that Madeleine moves after leaving Benny?
13. According to Del's mother, it makes no more sense to believe that an unseen being died for our sins than it would be to ___________________________________.
(a) Believe in Santa Claus
(b) Believe in leprechauns
(c) Believe in the Easter Bunny
(d) Believe the Aztec notion that the sun would nor rise or set with the sacrifice of live hearts
14. Why do Aunt Elspeth and Aunt Grace move?
(a) To get a smaller house
(b) To open a bed and breakfast
(c) To be closer to church
(d) To help Del's father and family
15. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) Deb Jordan
(b) Del Shannon
(c) Del Jordan
(d) Deb Hall
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Del believe her prayer is answered?
2. What job does Del's mother have?
3. Who has arrived in the car with American license plates?
4. During what months do Del's mother and the children live in the rented house?
5. What does Del do to Mary Agnes?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)