|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aunt Moira's and Uncle Bob's daughter?
(a) Mary Jane
(b) Mary Elizabeth
(c) Mary Anne
(d) Mary Agnes
2. Which of the following is not present in Del's aunts' home?
(a) Compassion for those less fortunate
(b) Intricate formality
(c) Double ententre
(d) Unkind jabs disguised as jokes
3. What is the affliction of Aunt Moira's and Uncle Bob's daughter?
(a) She is autistic
(b) She is retarded
(c) She has epilepsy
(d) She is slightly mentally challenged
4. Del is asked to recall on cue information such as the names of the American presidents or _______________________.
(a) The capitals of South American countries
(b) Signers of the Declaration of Independence
(c) The Latin names for herbs
(d) The periodic elements
5. What reality about Uncle Benny does Del try to understand?
(a) His marriage has failed
(b) He has had an affair
(c) He is moving away
(d) He is sometimes cruel
6. What is the plan to keep Major from killing again?
(a) Keep him tied up
(b) Send him to obedience school
(c) Let him run away
(d) Lock him in the house
7. What can Del not give Owen regarding Major?
(a) A new home
(b) Obedience lessons
(c) A rescue plan
(d) False hope
8. How does Del feel when her mother comes to school to present a prize for an essay contest?
(a) She endures her mother's public persona
(b) She is in agony
(c) She retreats into depression
(d) She is very proud
9. Which of the following does Del's mother not eventually refer to her as on their sales trips?
(a) Useless cargo
10. What happens to Uncle Craig's manuscript?
(a) Del makes arrangements to have it edited
(b) Del assumes it is ruined
(c) Del has it published
(d) Del donates it to the library
11. What does Del do one day when she is tired of repeating answers?
(a) Runs away
(c) Pretends to vomit
12. Del's prays that she will _____________________________.
(a) Marry a rich man
(b) Not have to continue to suffer with learning to sew
(c) Go to a good college
(d) Grow up to be beautiful
13. Where do Dill and Uncle Bill go to the grocery?
(b) Jubilation Market
(c) Red Front Grocery
(d) Last Chance Deli
14. What does Del notice while shoveling snow one day?
(a) A blizzard coming
(b) A car with American license plates
(c) A snow plow
(d) A redbird
15. According to Del's mother, it makes no more sense to believe that an unseen being died for our sins than it would be to ___________________________________.
(a) Believe in leprechauns
(b) Believe in the Easter Bunny
(c) Believe the Aztec notion that the sun would nor rise or set with the sacrifice of live hearts
(d) Believe in Santa Claus
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Aunt Elspeth and Aunt Grace move after Uncle Craig's death?
2. Why do Aunt Elspeth and Aunt Grace move?
3. What is Del's job during the fishing expeditions?
4. What is the name of the road where Del's family lives?
5. One day Del decides she no longer wants to be her mother's _____________________.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)