|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Del do to Mary Agnes?
(a) Slaps her
(b) Pushes her down the steps
(c) Screams at her
(d) Bites her
2. What happens to Uncle Craig's manuscript?
(a) Del donates it to the library
(b) Del has it published
(c) Del makes arrangements to have it edited
(d) Del assumes it is ruined
3. Why do Aunt Elspeth and Aunt Grace move?
(a) To be closer to church
(b) To open a bed and breakfast
(c) To help Del's father and family
(d) To get a smaller house
4. Del's mother denounces religion and _______________________________.
(c) The idea that Christ died on the cross for us
5. According to Del's mother, God was made by man, ______________________________.
(a) As it says in the Bible
(b) As a supreme act of love
(c) Which is what everyone should believe
(d) Not the other way around
6. What is Del's favorite thing out of all of Benny's possessions?
(a) Snow globe
(b) A stack of newspapers
(d) Chintz chair
7. Where do Aunt Elspeth and Aunt Grace move after Uncle Craig's death?
(a) Jenkin's Bend
(d) Jenkin's Cove
8. One day Del decides she no longer wants to be her mother's _____________________.
(b) Trick pony
(c) Bridge partner
9. What rumor does Benny confirm to the Jordans about Madeleine?
(a) She is a lesbian
(b) She beats her child
(c) She is still married to someone else
(d) She is an ex-convict
10. What does Del's mother tell Del about Uncle Bill?
(a) He is a wealthy man
(b) He is moving to Europe
(c) He is not really her uncle
(d) He is dying
11. Which of the following does Del's mother not eventually refer to her as on their sales trips?
(c) Useless cargo
12. Where does Del spend time at Uncle Craig's house in order to avoid his dead body?
(b) Back porch
13. What is Del's job during the fishing expeditions?
(a) Dig worms
(b) Catch frogs
(c) Bait hooks
(d) Clean fish
14. What is Owen's plan for saving Major?
(a) Letting him live with the family in Jubilee
(b) Having Major trained
(c) Running away with Major
(d) Moving out of state
15. Owen begs Del to _____________________ in a desperate attempt to save Major.
(a) Run away with Major
(b) Let Major loose
(c) Talk to their father
(d) Tell him how to pray
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Del not give Owen regarding Major?
2. What news does Del receive when she returns home from her aunts' house?
3. Which of the following does not bother Del about Major's having to be put down?
4. Which of the following is not something Del notes as different in town and the country?
5. What does Del notice while shoveling snow one day?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)