|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Del not wish to believe in?
(a) That she will have six children
(b) The world presented in Benny's newspapers
(c) Uncle Bill's version of their childhood
(d) That her mother is the woman in the painting
2. According to Del's mother, God was made by man, ______________________________.
(a) Not the other way around
(b) Which is what everyone should believe
(c) As a supreme act of love
(d) As it says in the Bible
3. What does Del do one day when she is tired of repeating answers?
(a) Runs away
(b) Pretends to vomit
4. What is Del's job during the fishing expeditions?
(a) Catch frogs
(b) Clean fish
(c) Bait hooks
(d) Dig worms
5. What do Del's aunts bring her one day?
(a) Uncle Craig's manuscript
(b) A car
(c) A prom dress
(d) A box of family photos
6. Who is the boarder that Del's mother takes in?
(a) Fawn Dogherty
(b) Fern Dawson
(c) Felicia Dogherty
(d) Fern Dogherty
7. What is Del's favorite thing out of all of Benny's possessions?
(a) Snow globe
(c) A stack of newspapers
(d) Chintz chair
8. How many acres does Del's family live on?
9. One day Del decides she no longer wants to be her mother's _____________________.
(b) Trick pony
(d) Bridge partner
10. What does Del do to try to understand religion?
(a) Watches TV evangelists
(b) Goes to Gospel meetings
(c) Attend services a various churches
(d) Reads the Bible
11. Who has arrived in the car with American license plates?
(a) Aunt Willie
(b) Aunt Elspeth
(c) Uncle Craig
(d) Uncle Bill
12. What is the name of the road where Del's family lives?
(a) Marker Road
(b) Flats Road
(c) Children's Home Road
(d) Stingley Road
13. Why do Aunt Elspeth and Aunt Grace move?
(a) To get a smaller house
(b) To be closer to church
(c) To help Del's father and family
(d) To open a bed and breakfast
14. According to Del's mother, it makes no more sense to believe that an unseen being died for our sins than it would be to ___________________________________.
(a) Believe in the Easter Bunny
(b) Believe in leprechauns
(c) Believe the Aztec notion that the sun would nor rise or set with the sacrifice of live hearts
(d) Believe in Santa Claus
15. Who is Del's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Del's mother tell Del about Uncle Bill?
2. Del realizes that prayer and ____________ do not always fit nicely together.
3. Del is asked to recall on cue information such as the names of the American presidents or _______________________.
4. What do Del's aunts believe should be avoided in life?
5. What happens when Major kills another sheep?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)