|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities does Del's mother not do?
(a) Joins a book group
(b) Takes a correspondence history course
(c) Designs clothes
(d) Writes letters to the newspapers
2. Who tries to force Del to view Uncle Craig's body?
(a) Aunt Elspeth
(c) Mary Agnes
(d) Del's mother
3. Which prayer does Del believe can save Major?
(a) The Apostles' Creed
(b) The Lord's Prayer
(c) The Hail Mary
4. According to Del's mother, it makes no more sense to believe that an unseen being died for our sins than it would be to ___________________________________.
(a) Believe in the Easter Bunny
(b) Believe in leprechauns
(c) Believe in Santa Claus
(d) Believe the Aztec notion that the sun would nor rise or set with the sacrifice of live hearts
5. What does Del say about her Uncle Benny?
(a) He is very negative
(b) He really isn't her uncle
(c) He is brilliant
(d) He is such a loser
6. Where does Del's mother rent a house?
(a) In the country
(b) In a neighboring town
(c) In town
(d) In the suburbs
7. What does Uncle Bill call Del's mother?
8. What role does Del take on to help her mother in her job?
(a) Live-action prop
(d) Clean up
9. During what months do Del's mother and the children live in the rented house?
(a) June to September
(b) September to December
(c) September to June
(d) October to January
10. Where do Aunt Elspeth and Aunt Grace move after Uncle Craig's death?
(b) Jenkin's Bend
(c) Jenkin's Cove
11. What does Del do with the box containing Uncle Craig's manuscript?
(a) Puts frogs in it
(b) Puts her own writing in it
(c) Puts her jewelry in it
(d) Puts photos in it
12. What name does Del call Uncle Bill?
(a) A blessing in disguise
(b) The highest branch of the family tree
(c) Her favorite uncle
(d) Fairy godmother
13. Which of the following is not something Del notes as different in town and the country?
(a) Sunday supper
14. Owen begs Del to _____________________ in a desperate attempt to save Major.
(a) Let Major loose
(b) Talk to their father
(c) Tell him how to pray
(d) Run away with Major
15. What does Del's mother tell Del about Uncle Bill?
(a) He is moving to Europe
(b) He is a wealthy man
(c) He is not really her uncle
(d) He is dying
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Del's mother not eventually refer to her as on their sales trips?
2. Where does Del spend time at Uncle Craig's house in order to avoid his dead body?
3. According to Del's aunts it is better to ________________________.
4. What does Aunt Moira call Del?
5. Why does Benny drive to Ketchener?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)