|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Del's prays that she will _____________________________.
(a) Marry a rich man
(b) Go to a good college
(c) Grow up to be beautiful
(d) Not have to continue to suffer with learning to sew
2. What extreme weather occurs during the last spring that Del spends in Jubilee?
(a) A blizzard
(b) A hurricane
(c) A tornado
(d) A flood
3. Which prayer does Del believe can save Major?
(a) The Apostles' Creed
(c) The Hail Mary
(d) The Lord's Prayer
4. What does Del's mother tell Del about Uncle Bill?
(a) He is dying
(b) He is not really her uncle
(c) He is moving to Europe
(d) He is a wealthy man
5. How old is Del in this chapter?
6. What do Del and Mary Agnes discover along the riverbank?
(a) Dead fish
(c) A dead body
(d) A dead cow
7. What rumor does Benny confirm to the Jordans about Madeleine?
(a) She beats her child
(b) She is a lesbian
(c) She is still married to someone else
(d) She is an ex-convict
8. What does Del do with the box containing Uncle Craig's manuscript?
(a) Puts frogs in it
(b) Puts photos in it
(c) Puts her own writing in it
(d) Puts her jewelry in it
9. Which of the following does Del's mother not eventually refer to her as on their sales trips?
(b) Useless cargo
10. Del is asked to recall on cue information such as the names of the American presidents or _______________________.
(a) Signers of the Declaration of Independence
(b) The capitals of South American countries
(c) The periodic elements
(d) The Latin names for herbs
11. Why does Del's mother not stop Del from attending church?
(a) Allowing Del to go will prove that her mother is right
(b) Del's mother is not home when she goes
(c) She wants Del to make her own decisions
(d) She believes in freedom of choice
12. What was Uncle Craig doing when he died?
(b) Walking down the street
(c) Driving to the library
(d) Playing cards
13. Del's mother denounces religion and _______________________________.
(d) The idea that Christ died on the cross for us
14. What does Aunt Moira call Del?
(a) A mad dog
(b) An angel
(c) A jewel
(d) A lunatic
15. What is the name of the town where Del's family lives on the outskirts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not present in Del's aunts' home?
2. How does Del feel when her mother comes to school to present a prize for an essay contest?
3. Who has arrived in the car with American license plates?
4. With what animals at Benny's house does Benny claim he will make soup?
5. What does Del's mother accuse Del of becoming?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)