|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Del believe her prayer is answered?
(a) She gets asked to the prom
(b) She gets a college scholarship
(c) Her hair is really shiny
(d) Her teacher excuses her from sewing lessons
2. Which of the following do Del's aunts not do for the family?
(a) Darn socks
(b) Bake and cook
(c) Tutor the children
(d) Preserve fruits and vegetables
3. Where does Del put Uncle Craig's manuscript?
(a) A safety deposit box
(b) A cardboard box in the basement
(c) A desk drawer
(d) A cedar chest in the attic
4. What happens when Major kills another sheep?
(a) He is confined to the house
(b) He is castrated
(c) He has to be put down
(d) He is sent to obedience school
5. What happens to Uncle Craig's manuscript?
(a) Del has it published
(b) Del donates it to the library
(c) Del makes arrangements to have it edited
(d) Del assumes it is ruined
6. What extreme weather occurs during the last spring that Del spends in Jubilee?
(a) A blizzard
(b) A hurricane
(c) A flood
(d) A tornado
7. Who is the boarder that Del's mother takes in?
(a) Felicia Dogherty
(b) Fern Dogherty
(c) Fawn Dogherty
(d) Fern Dawson
8. Why does Del's mother not stop Del from attending church?
(a) Allowing Del to go will prove that her mother is right
(b) Del's mother is not home when she goes
(c) She wants Del to make her own decisions
(d) She believes in freedom of choice
9. What can Del not give Owen regarding Major?
(a) Obedience lessons
(b) A new home
(c) False hope
(d) A rescue plan
10. According to Del's mother, God was made by man, ______________________________.
(a) Not the other way around
(b) Which is what everyone should believe
(c) As a supreme act of love
(d) As it says in the Bible
11. Why does Benny drive to Ketchener?
(a) To get a haircut
(b) To buy groceries
(c) To pick up a new housekeeper
(d) To go to the post office
12. Del's mother denounces religion and _______________________________.
(d) The idea that Christ died on the cross for us
13. What does Del's family raise?
14. According to Del's aunts it is better to ________________________.
(a) Exercise in the mornings
(b) Eat a light supper
(c) Have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
(d) Be satisfied with what one has
15. Benny is a collector of ________________.
(a) Fenton glass
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Del say about her Uncle Benny?
2. How does Del feel when her mother comes to school to present a prize for an essay contest?
3. According to Del's mother, it makes no more sense to believe that an unseen being died for our sins than it would be to ___________________________________.
4. What name does Del call Uncle Bill?
5. How many acres does Del's family live on?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)