|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has arrived in the car with American license plates?
(a) Aunt Willie
(b) Aunt Elspeth
(c) Uncle Craig
(d) Uncle Bill
2. What is the affliction of Aunt Moira's and Uncle Bob's daughter?
(a) She is autistic
(b) She has epilepsy
(c) She is retarded
(d) She is slightly mentally challenged
3. With what animals at Benny's house does Benny claim he will make soup?
4. What is Del's favorite thing out of all of Benny's possessions?
(a) Snow globe
(b) A stack of newspapers
(c) Chintz chair
5. What extreme weather occurs during the last spring that Del spends in Jubilee?
(a) A tornado
(b) A blizzard
(c) A flood
(d) A hurricane
6. How many acres does Del's family live on?
7. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) Deb Jordan
(b) Deb Hall
(c) Del Jordan
(d) Del Shannon
8. Which of the following do Del's aunts not do for the family?
(a) Preserve fruits and vegetables
(b) Bake and cook
(c) Tutor the children
(d) Darn socks
9. What happens when Major kills another sheep?
(a) He is castrated
(b) He is confined to the house
(c) He has to be put down
(d) He is sent to obedience school
10. For what is Del searching in this chapter?
(a) Her hairbrush
(b) The meaning of religion
(c) Her red glove
(d) Her friend's dog
11. What does Del do one day when she is tired of repeating answers?
(b) Runs away
(c) Pretends to vomit
12. What name does Del call Uncle Bill?
(a) The highest branch of the family tree
(b) Fairy godmother
(c) A blessing in disguise
(d) Her favorite uncle
13. Where do Del's aunts live?
(a) Jenkin's Corner
(b) Jenkin's Bend
(c) Jenkin's Cove
(d) Jenson's Corner
14. Who tries to force Del to view Uncle Craig's body?
(a) Del's mother
(b) Aunt Elspeth
(c) Mary Agnes
15. What does Del say about her Uncle Benny?
(a) He is brilliant
(b) He is such a loser
(c) He is very negative
(d) He really isn't her uncle
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religion does Del not try out in her search for a religious home?
2. Where do Aunt Elspeth and Aunt Grace move after Uncle Craig's death?
3. How long to Uncle Bill and Aunt Nile stay at Del's house?
4. What is the name of the woman Benny brings home?
5. One day Del decides she no longer wants to be her mother's _____________________.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)