|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Age of Faith".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Del's mother do in an attempt to develop a social life?
(a) Joins the Garden Club
(b) Joins a sorority
(c) Volunteers at the museum
(d) Hosts a ladies' party
2. According to Del's mother, it makes no more sense to believe that an unseen being died for our sins than it would be to ___________________________________.
(a) Believe in leprechauns
(b) Believe in the Easter Bunny
(c) Believe the Aztec notion that the sun would nor rise or set with the sacrifice of live hearts
(d) Believe in Santa Claus
3. How does Del feel when her mother comes to school to present a prize for an essay contest?
(a) She retreats into depression
(b) She is very proud
(c) She endures her mother's public persona
(d) She is in agony
4. Del is asked to recall on cue information such as the names of the American presidents or _______________________.
(a) Signers of the Declaration of Independence
(b) The capitals of South American countries
(c) The Latin names for herbs
(d) The periodic elements
5. What does Uncle Bill ask for but Mother does not have in the house?
(c) Hot chocolate
Short Answer Questions
1. Del realizes that prayer and ____________ do not always fit nicely together.
2. What does Del's family raise?
3. What is the plan to keep Major from killing again?
4. Who is Uncle Bill's second wife?
5. What does Del say about her Uncle Benny?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)