"The Flats Road"
• Del Jordan is the protagonist in the book and she begins by talking about her Uncle Benny who really is not her uncle at all.
• Del and her brother, Owen, go fishing with Uncle Benny and help him catch frogs.
• Del is fascinated by the overwhelming clutter of Uncle Benny's house and is particularly fond of a stack of tabloid newspapers that come from the city.
• Del's family lives in a house at the end of Flats Road on the outskirts of the town of Jubilee.
• Benny asks Del to write a letter for him one day in response to a newspaper ad from a woman looking for a job as a housekeeper with the possibility of marriage.
• Benny returns from town with Miss Madeleine Howey and her baby and announces to the Jordans that he and Madeleine are married.
• Madeleine is arrogant and...
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)