|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Big's men use to halt the train?
2. Where does Bond train?
3. At what station will the train stop at at 5 A.M.?
4. What is the death threat written as?
5. In what direction is the train heading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the fisherman who tries to get on the island where Mr Big's men are working?
2. What trouble does Bond encounter at the end of Chapter 11?
3. How does Bond think Mr. Big has protected his island?
4. How does Bond find the gold coins in Chapter 15?
5. What equipment does Bond have to take underwater with him?
6. What background information does Strangways give Bond in Chapter 16?
7. Why can Bond not make love to Solitaire in Chapter 11?
8. What reason does Solitaire give for Mr. Big choosing St. Petersburg?
9. What happens to the barracudas in Chapter 20?
10. What reason does Solitaire give for Mr. Big's power over the African-American community?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Solitaire and Bond.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)