|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of New York is Bond going to with Leiter?
2. What is the name of Bond's boss?
3. What does Mr. Big order one of his men to do to Leiter?
4. From where was the $1000 taken?
5. Who does Solitaire say Mr. Big phoned before she left?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond learn from Mr. Baldwin in Chapter 10?
2. What danger does Bond find himself in in Chapter 3?
3. Describe Bond's meeting with Hollaran at the airport.
4. In what way is the Whisper an example of Mr. Big's control over of the African-American community?
5. How does Solitaire describe her life with Mr. Big?
6. What does Bond learn about the Secatur in Chapter 4?
7. What threat does Mr. Big issue Bond in Chapter 8?
8. Describe how Mr. Big leads Bond and Leiter into a trap.
9. How do Felix and Bond decide to work together in Chapter 1?
10. What information is in the FBI file in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
In 1974, Live and Let Die was made into a film starring Roger Moore. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant ten years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the theme to fit in with theSseventies environment? In what way did this change the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and, in particular, crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it, and discuss their similarities in terms of:
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)