|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bond think the package is from?
2. For whom does Hollaran work?
3. What does Bond take from the garage?
4. Bond decides not to tell the information to ___________________.
5. Who does Bond think they can use against Mr. Big?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Whisper do after Bond and Leiter have been told Mr. Big is at the Boneyard Bar?
2. Why does Mr. Big want to smuggle gold out of Jamaica?
3. What does Solitire warn Bond about in Chapter 9?
4. What does Bond learn about Voodoo in Chapter 3?
5. What does Mr. Big order his men to do at the beginning of Chapter 8?
6. What does Bond learn from Mr. Baldwin in Chapter 10?
7. What are Dexter, Leiter and Bond's plans in Chapter 4?
8. Describe the phone call between the Whisper and his boss.
9. Describe the conversation between Mr. Big and Bond.
10. What danger does Bond find himself in in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine America's relationship with Russia.
1) Do you think it is right to label Russian spies and people linked to Russia as evil?
2) In what ways have such books created a negative stereotypes around enemies of the west and how has this affected our interaction with them?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Live and Let Die is written in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it were written in the first person?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)