|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Big order to be stopped?
(a) Phone calls
(b) The drums
(d) The beating up of Bond
2. Who purchased the Isle of Surprise?
(a) The Soviets
(b) The Cuban government
(c) John F. Kennedy
(d) A New York Syndicate
3. Where is Bond ordered to fly?
(c) New York
4. What does Bond hide behind?
(a) A skeleton
(b) A boulder
(c) A treasue chest
(d) A ship
5. Who gets through Customs in this chapter?
(d) Mr. Big
Short Answer Questions
1. Bond and Solitaire take a taxi to ___________________.
2. What does Bond clean while he waits for nightfall?
3. Who does the taxi driver phone?
4. St. Petersburg is populated with ______________.
5. What is Quarrel's specialty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the fisherman who tries to get on the island where Mr Big's men are working?
2. Describe Bond and Solitaire's journey to the Clearwater Hotel.
3. How does the final chapter open?
4. Who is Quarrel?
5. What is Mr. Big's excuse for being on the island?
6. What background information does Strangways give Bond in Chapter 16?
7. What reason does Solitaire give for Mr. Big choosing St. Petersburg?
8. What does Bond learn from his research in Chapter 16?
9. How does Bond think Mr. Big has protected his island?
10. What does Bond learn about the Robber from the local fish expert in Chapter 15?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)