|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jo realizes that Professor Bhaer is probably there to woo her, what is her reaction?
2. What do Amy and Laurie want to use their wealth for?
3. Amy shows Laurie two sketches of whom?
4. Beth finally tells Jo what secret?
5. Mrs. March tells Jo that she is concerned about what?
Essay Topic 1
Jo is the central character in the story. Her choices are essential to the plot. Choose one of the following scenarios and describe how you think the story might have ended up had Jo made that choice. Use elements from the existing plot to back up your assumptions.
1. Jo marries Laurie.
2. Jo never marries anyone.
Essay Topic 2
Meg's attitude early on in the book is, perhaps, the best representation of the attitude of typical girls of the time. Do you agree with how much value she placed on what was proper and what other people might think of her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how each of the four March girls are different from each other. Cite examples from how they interact with each other, Marmee, and those they are courting throughout the book. Also, use examples of things said by, to, or about them.
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)