|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
2. What job does Jo plan to take for the winter?
3. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
4. Laurie appeals to Jo one more time before his trip and she does what?
5. Jo longs to have money and power so she can do what?
Essay Topic 1
When both March parents are away, Beth contracts Scarlet Fever and Amy is sent to Aunt March's house. Describe what that series of events shows us about Amy's character and how that character changes throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Do you feel that Louisa May Alcott made the right choice by not having Jo and Laurie marry at the end of the book? Use examples from interactions between Jo and Laurie, as well as between Jo and Professor Bhaer, to back up your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Do you agree with the overall way Jo led her life throughout the book? Explain why you agree or disagree with her nontraditional views and choices.
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)