Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
2. What job does Jo plan to take for the winter?
3. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
4. Laurie appeals to Jo one more time before his trip and she does what?
5. Jo longs to have money and power so she can do what?
Essay Topic 1
Mr. March, although absent in much of the earlier portion of the book, is very important to the girls. In his absence, the presence of Mr. Laurence next door is comforting. How does Mr. Laurence influence the girls' lives?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Jo's thoughts of and interactions with Laurie to her thoughts of and interactions with Professor Bhaer throughout the book. How do her attitudes toward each, as the book progresses, illustrate her aging and maturing?
Essay Topic 3
Shy, timid Beth's character may not seem as well developed as everyone else in the book, but she plays an integral role. How do you feel about her death and what it represented to the rest of the March girls, especially Jo?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)