Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
2. What job does Jo plan to take for the winter?
3. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
4. Laurie appeals to Jo one more time before his trip and she does what?
5. Jo longs to have money and power so she can do what?
Essay Topic 1
Jo's tomboyish attitude is key to the book. Cite examples of how this attitude is displayed with relation to how Jo interacts with Laurie. How do their interactions with each other support Jo's independent attitude?
Essay Topic 2
Marmee is a key force in the girls' lives, especially during the war, in part I of the book. Describe how Marmee influences the girls' choices through the years, both when she is present and when she is absent.
Essay Topic 3
Choose any one of the following three life lessons and explain how Louisa May Alcott uses the book to illustrate it.
1. Anger and revenge can cause more trouble later on. It is better to forgive and forget.
2. Hard work has many rewards. Laziness does not.
3. Popularity is not as important as strength of character.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)