Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
2. What job does Jo plan to take for the winter?
3. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
4. Laurie appeals to Jo one more time before his trip and she does what?
5. Jo longs to have money and power so she can do what?
Foreshadowing is a powerful literary tool, which Louisa May Alcott uses often in the book. Choose one of the following three events and explain how it is foreshadowed in the chapters prior to it.
1. Jo decides not to marry Laurie.
2. Beth dies.
3. Amy and Laurie decide to marry.
When both March parents are away, Beth contracts Scarlet Fever and Amy is sent to Aunt March's house. Describe what that series of events shows us about Amy's character and how that character changes throughout the book.
Choose any one of the following three life lessons and explain how Louisa May Alcott uses the book to illustrate it.
1. Anger and revenge can cause more trouble later on. It is better to forgive and forget.
2. Hard work has many rewards. Laziness does not.
3. Popularity is not as important as strength of character.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)