Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
2. What job does Jo plan to take for the winter?
3. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
4. Laurie appeals to Jo one more time before his trip and she does what?
5. Jo longs to have money and power so she can do what?
Essay Topic 1
Do you feel that Louisa May Alcott made the right choice by not having Jo and Laurie marry at the end of the book? Use examples from interactions between Jo and Laurie, as well as between Jo and Professor Bhaer, to back up your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Mr. March, although absent in much of the earlier portion of the book, is very important to the girls. In his absence, the presence of Mr. Laurence next door is comforting. How does Mr. Laurence influence the girls' lives?
Essay Topic 3
Christmas and other parties play a recurring role in the March girls' lives throughout the book. Compare and contrast some of the Christmases and other parties in the book and explain how the girls learned the lesson that material things are not as important as family and friends during those festivities.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)