Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
2. What job does Jo plan to take for the winter?
3. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
4. Laurie appeals to Jo one more time before his trip and she does what?
5. Jo longs to have money and power so she can do what?
Essay Topic 1
Do you feel that Louisa May Alcott made the right choice by not having Jo and Laurie marry at the end of the book? Use examples from interactions between Jo and Laurie, as well as between Jo and Professor Bhaer, to back up your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Mr. March, although absent in much of the earlier portion of the book, is very important to the girls. In his absence, the presence of Mr. Laurence next door is comforting. How does Mr. Laurence influence the girls' lives?
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is a powerful literary tool, which Louisa May Alcott uses often in the book. Choose one of the following three events and explain how it is foreshadowed in the chapters prior to it.
1. Jo decides not to marry Laurie.
2. Beth dies.
3. Amy and Laurie decide to marry.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)