|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jo determines that Beth is sad because of what?
(a) She thinks Beth misses Amy
(b) She thinks Beth is tired of being too sick to go out.
(c) She thinks Beth misses Meg.
(d) She thinks Beth is in love with Laurie.
2. Amy begins to look at Laurie as what?
(a) a good friend
(b) an overconfident braggart
(c) an older brother figure
(d) an eligible young man
3. Who is jealous of Amy?
(a) Christine Chester
(b) June Chester
(c) May Chester
(d) April Chester
4. Laurie and Amy decide what about each other?
(a) They love each other.
(b) They don't get along with others.
(c) They hate each other.
(d) They should just be friends.
5. What does Beth tell Jo about Beth's health?
(a) She is not going to die.
(b) She doesn't want to die.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She has accepted that she is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurie tells Amy that he is upset because of what?
2. Amy accepts an offer to do what?
3. Amy puts her insecurities about Laurie's affection to rest after what happens?
4. Amy declines whose marriage proposal?
5. What does Jo name her two sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jo react to the news that Laurie and Amy are engaged.
2. What does chapter thirty-two say about the changeable nature of life and death?
3. How does Professor Bhaer effect Jo's character and her choices in chapter thirty?
4. Who arrives, in chapter thirty-eight, besides Laurie, Amy, and Mr. Laurence, and why does that person come?
5. How does Mrs. March's sixtieth birthday celebration, in the final chapter, mirror the Christmas festivities in the first chapter of the book?
6. How does Laurie and Amy's Christmas spent together in France affect the major plot line of Jo's relationship with Laurie?
7. How do Jo's rude actions in chapter twenty-six hurt Amy in chapter twenty-seven?
8. What is Jo's reaction, in chapter thirty-seven, after Beth's death?
9. How does Alcott show, through Jo's progression in the book, that women can have many roles in life?
10. What does the entire book say about wealth?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)