|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laurie admires what about Amy?
(a) her artistic ability
(b) her eyes
(c) her sense of humor
(d) her beauty and style
2. Laurie appeals to Jo one more time before his trip and she does what?
(a) She says that she needs to think things over.
(b) She changes her mind and accepts his marriage proposal.
(c) She says that she loves him too, but can't marry him.
(d) She declines again.
3. What news do Laurie and Amy give everyone?
(a) They plan to be married in six weeks.
(b) They have been married for three months.
(c) They plan to marry in three months.
(d) They were married six weeks earlier.
4. When Jo prepares to return home, Professor Bhaer gives her what gift?
5. Jo longs to have money and power so she can do what?
(a) move far away
(b) get married
(c) care for her family
(d) get a better job
Short Answer Questions
1. What occasion does Laurie visit Amy for?
2. Jo is distraught when Professor Bhaer does what?
3. What is professor Bhaer's new position?
4. What is the name of the house left to Jo and Professor Bhaer?
5. Laurie asks Jo if she loves the professor and Jo says what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marmee feel about Jo, Beth, and Jo's plan to go to New York so Laurie and Beth can be together?
2. How does Professor Bhaer effect Jo's character and her choices in chapter thirty?
3. How does Beth's death, in chapter thirty-five, affect the rest of the family?
4. What is Jo's reaction, in chapter thirty-seven, after Beth's death?
5. What does the entire book say about wealth?
6. How do Jo's rude actions in chapter twenty-six hurt Amy in chapter twenty-seven?
7. How do Laurie and Amy react to the news of Beth's death, and how do their reactions alter the main story?
8. How does Laurie and Amy's Christmas spent together in France affect the major plot line of Jo's relationship with Laurie?
9. How does Jo handle the fact that Beth is dying?
10. In chapter thirty-eight, Laurie and Jo have a final discussion about their relationship and decide what?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)