|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon returning home, Laurie insists that he and Jo talk about what?
(a) Laurie's new job
(b) their future together
(c) Jo's new job
(d) Professor Bhaer
2. What do Amy and Laurie want to use their wealth for?
(a) to help those less fortunate
(b) to take a trip around the world
(c) to buy a new home
(d) to pay for a lavish wedding reception
3. What does aunt Carrol send to the girls?
(a) a letter
(b) a cake
4. Jo asks who to help Amy with her flower table?
(a) John and Meg
(b) Laurie and his college friends
(c) Mr. and Mrs. March
(d) Amy and Beth
5. What does Laurie intend to do to prove that he is not spoiled?
(a) go into business
(b) let Amy have her way in an arguement
(c) give money to the less fortunate
(d) give food and clothes to the less fortunate
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say does not sell in those days?
2. Professor Bhaer says that he may visit Jo until what happens?
3. What do Jo and Professor Bhaer use their new house for?
4. Who cares for Beth as she is dying?
5. When Laurie realizes that Professor Bhaer is going to ask Jo to marry him, what is his reaction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the entire book say about wealth?
2. Who arrives, in chapter thirty-eight, besides Laurie, Amy, and Mr. Laurence, and why does that person come?
3. During her talk with Laurie about their relationship, how is Jo's independence once again expressed with relation to the normal role of women in society in that era?
4. What does chapter thirty-two say about the changeable nature of life and death?
5. Describe why Amy, rather than Jo, is selected to go abroad with Aunt Carrol, and how Jo feels about the decision.
6. How does Professor Bhaer effect Jo's character and her choices in chapter thirty?
7. What lessons do we learn from Beth's death?
8. How does Jo react to the news that Laurie and Amy are engaged.
9. How does Laurie help Amy to see the truth about herself and her relationship with Fred in chapter thirty-four?
10. How does Marmee feel about Jo, Beth, and Jo's plan to go to New York so Laurie and Beth can be together?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)