|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laurie and Amy decide what about each other?
(a) They should just be friends.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They don't get along with others.
(d) They love each other.
2. Jo is longing for what?
(a) to see Beth again
(b) to have another novel published
(c) to see Amy again
(d) a soul mate
3. When Jo returns home, she discovers what?
(a) The family is out of money.
(b) Marmee is visiting a friend.
(c) Beth's health is failing.
(d) Mr. March is dead.
4. When does Beth finally die?
(a) at dawn
(b) at Christmas
(c) in the night
(d) on Thanksgiving Day
5. Jo begins to write for what publication?
(a) The Weekly Volcano
(b) The Weekly Earthquake
(c) The Weekly Flood
(d) The Weekly Tornado
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurie admires what about Amy?
2. When Laurie writes to Jo to ask her to return his love, she does what?
3. As she reflects on her life, what does Jo say about it?
4. Amy shows Laurie two sketches of whom?
5. Who is the note that Jo finds from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Amy and Laurie feel about the possibility of Jo marrying Professor Bhaer?
2. Describe why Amy, rather than Jo, is selected to go abroad with Aunt Carrol, and how Jo feels about the decision.
3. How does Beth's death, in chapter thirty-five, affect the rest of the family?
4. How does Mrs. March's sixtieth birthday celebration, in the final chapter, mirror the Christmas festivities in the first chapter of the book?
5. What lessons do we learn from Beth's death?
6. During her talk with Laurie about their relationship, how is Jo's independence once again expressed with relation to the normal role of women in society in that era?
7. How does Laurie and Amy's Christmas spent together in France affect the major plot line of Jo's relationship with Laurie?
8. How does Marmee feel about Jo, Beth, and Jo's plan to go to New York so Laurie and Beth can be together?
9. In chapter thirty-eight, Laurie and Jo have a final discussion about their relationship and decide what?
10. How does Professor Bhaer effect Jo's character and her choices in chapter thirty?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)