|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laurie and Amy decide to do what together?
(a) attend a party together
(b) make lunch together
(c) row together on a lake
(d) climb a mountain together
2. When does Beth finally die?
(a) on Thanksgiving Day
(b) in the night
(c) at Christmas
(d) at dawn
3. When Laurie says that he loves Jo, Jo does what?
(a) She runs away in tears.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She says that she does not love him romantically.
(d) She leaps into his arms.
4. When Laurie hears that Beth has died, he does what?
(a) writes a letter to Jo
(b) travels to be with Amy
(c) writes a letter to Marmee
(d) travels to be with Jo
5. Jo writes often to her family about whom?
(a) the person she's keeping house for
(c) the person she's tutoring
(d) a new friend in the boardinghouse
Short Answer Questions
1. When Laurie writes to Jo to ask her to return his love, she does what?
2. Laurie and Amy do what together?
3. Jo refuses to do what until Beth dies?
4. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
5. Amy begins to look at Laurie as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jo handle the fact that Beth is dying?
2. What is Jo's reaction, in chapter thirty-seven, after Beth's death?
3. How does Professor Bhaer effect Jo's character and her choices in chapter thirty?
4. How does the relationship between Jo and Laurie climax in chapter thirty-one?
5. Contrast Professor Bhaer with Laurie. What could possibly draw Jo to one over the other?
6. Describe why Amy, rather than Jo, is selected to go abroad with Aunt Carrol, and how Jo feels about the decision.
7. How do Laurie and Amy react to the news of Beth's death, and how do their reactions alter the main story?
8. How does Jo feel about romantic pursuits, and how do her actions compare or contrast to that?
9. How does Laurie help Amy to see the truth about herself and her relationship with Fred in chapter thirty-four?
10. Describe how the romance between Jo and the professor finally blossoms.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)