|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amy tells Laurie that she will probably marry Fred Vaughn because of what?
(a) He is the only one that she thinks will ask her.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He is famous.
(d) He is kind.
2. Laurie and Amy decide what about each other?
(a) They love each other.
(b) They don't get along with others.
(c) They hate each other.
(d) They should just be friends.
3. Jo feels alone because of what?
(a) Marmee is on a trip.
(b) She has argued with Meg.
(c) Laurie is away.
(d) Beth has died.
4. When Laurie hears that Beth has died, he does what?
(a) travels to be with Jo
(b) writes a letter to Marmee
(c) travels to be with Amy
(d) writes a letter to Jo
5. What does the editor say does not sell in those days?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Jo plan to take for the winter?
2. The professor and Jo meet for walks for how long?
3. Mrs. March does not agree with Jo about what?
4. When does Beth finally die?
5. Jo writes often to her family about whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Laurie help Amy to see the truth about herself and her relationship with Fred in chapter thirty-four?
2. How do Laurie and Amy react to the news of Beth's death, and how do their reactions alter the main story?
3. How does Beth's death, in chapter thirty-five, affect the rest of the family?
4. How does Jo feel about romantic pursuits, and how do her actions compare or contrast to that?
5. How does Mrs. March's sixtieth birthday celebration, in the final chapter, mirror the Christmas festivities in the first chapter of the book?
6. How, in chapter thirty-four, does Amy help Laurie to see himself for who he is and who he used to be and change accordingly?
7. In chapter thirty-nine, as she prepares to settle into the Laurence estate, how has Amy's attitude about money and material things changed?
8. What does chapter thirty-two say about the changeable nature of life and death?
9. Who arrives, in chapter thirty-eight, besides Laurie, Amy, and Mr. Laurence, and why does that person come?
10. In chapter thirty-eight, Laurie and Jo have a final discussion about their relationship and decide what?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)