|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The family prepares for what event?
(a) Meg and John's divorce
(b) Jo's marriage
(c) selling their home
(d) Beth's impending death
2. Who agrees that Jo's separation from Laurie would be good?
(a) Mrs. March
3. Jo finds a note where?
(a) in her trunk
(b) under Beth's bed
(c) behind the attic wall
(d) in Laurie's postbox
4. Laurie and Amy decide to do what together?
(a) make lunch together
(b) row together on a lake
(c) attend a party together
(d) climb a mountain together
5. What does Jo name her two sons?
(a) Rob and John
(b) Freddy andTeddy
(c) Rob and Teddy
(d) John and Freddy
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurie appeals to Jo one more time before his trip and she does what?
2. Laurie and Amy decide what about each other?
3. Who dies and leaves Jo and Professor Bhaer a house?
4. What occasion does Laurie visit Amy for?
5. Mrs. March does not agree with Jo about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter thirty-eight, Laurie and Jo have a final discussion about their relationship and decide what?
2. When Beth gets increasingly depressed and upset, how does Jo plan to raise Beth's spirits in chapter twenty-eight?
3. What does the entire book say about wealth?
4. How does Laurie help Amy to see the truth about herself and her relationship with Fred in chapter thirty-four?
5. How do Laurie and Amy react to the news of Beth's death, and how do their reactions alter the main story?
6. Describe the significance of Christmas to Jo and the professor in chapter twenty-nine
7. How do Jo's rude actions in chapter twenty-six hurt Amy in chapter twenty-seven?
8. During her talk with Laurie about their relationship, how is Jo's independence once again expressed with relation to the normal role of women in society in that era?
9. How does Jo react to the news that Laurie and Amy are engaged.
10. How do Amy and Laurie feel about the possibility of Jo marrying Professor Bhaer?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)