|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is professor Bhaer's new position?
2. What does the editor say does not sell in those days?
3. Where do Amy and Laurie choose to live?
(a) New York
(b) The March family home.
(d) The Laurence family home.
4. What is Amy's first intention toward Laurie?
(a) to be a good wife
(b) to cook everything he likes to eat
(c) to keep house well for him
(d) to help him with his business
5. As she reflects on her life, what does Jo say about it?
(a) She is happier than she deserves.
(b) It worked out exactly as planned.
(c) Her life was full of surprises.
(d) She is disappointed about how things turned out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note that Jo finds say?
2. Whom does Aunt Carrol want to go abroad with her?
3. At Christmas, Jo and Professor Bhaer do what?
4. Jo begins writing children's stories so she can keep the respect of whom?
5. What do Jo and Professor Bhaer use their new house for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the relationship between Jo and Laurie climax in chapter thirty-one?
2. How, in chapter thirty-four, does Amy help Laurie to see himself for who he is and who he used to be and change accordingly?
3. How does Jo feel about romantic pursuits, and how do her actions compare or contrast to that?
4. How do Jo's rude actions in chapter twenty-six hurt Amy in chapter twenty-seven?
5. How does Professor Bhaer effect Jo's character and her choices in chapter thirty?
6. How does Laurie and Amy's Christmas spent together in France affect the major plot line of Jo's relationship with Laurie?
7. Describe the significance of Christmas to Jo and the professor in chapter twenty-nine
8. Who arrives, in chapter thirty-eight, besides Laurie, Amy, and Mr. Laurence, and why does that person come?
9. What secret does Beth reveal to Jo at the seashore and what does it say about Beth's mental state?
10. How do Laurie and Amy react to the news of Beth's death, and how do their reactions alter the main story?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)