|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cares for Beth as she is dying?
2. As she reflects on her life, what does Jo say about it?
(a) She is disappointed about how things turned out.
(b) It worked out exactly as planned.
(c) Her life was full of surprises.
(d) She is happier than she deserves.
3. Where do Amy and Laurie choose to live?
(b) New York
(c) The March family home.
(d) The Laurence family home.
4. Who agrees that Jo's separation from Laurie would be good?
(d) Mrs. March
5. What does the editor say does not sell in those days?
Short Answer Questions
1. Amy hints to Laurie that he should rejoin whom?
2. Upon returning home, Laurie insists that he and Jo talk about what?
3. What does Laurie tell Jo about the relationship they have?
4. What occasion does Laurie visit Amy for?
5. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Laurie help Amy to see the truth about herself and her relationship with Fred in chapter thirty-four?
2. How does Jo feel about romantic pursuits, and how do her actions compare or contrast to that?
3. Describe why Amy, rather than Jo, is selected to go abroad with Aunt Carrol, and how Jo feels about the decision.
4. How does Jo handle the fact that Beth is dying?
5. How does Beth's death, in chapter thirty-five, affect the rest of the family?
6. What does the entire book say about wealth?
7. In chapter thirty-eight, Laurie and Jo have a final discussion about their relationship and decide what?
8. Describe the significance of Christmas to Jo and the professor in chapter twenty-nine
9. During her talk with Laurie about their relationship, how is Jo's independence once again expressed with relation to the normal role of women in society in that era?
10. Christmas is a primary focus, yet again. What does Laurie do for Christmas in chapter thirty-three?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)