|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jo tells Professor Bhaer that she is not afraid of what?
(a) teaching or public speaking
(b) getting married or moving
(c) poverty or waiting
(d) getting sick or dying
2. Beth finally tells Jo what secret?
(a) She truely does love Laurie.
(b) She hid some money under her bed that Jo can have after she is gone.
(c) She loves Jo, no matter how often they've argued in the past.
(d) She saw Laurie's vitality and cried because she knew she was dying.
3. Jo does what for Professor Bhaer?
(a) brings him food
(b) cleans his house
(c) mends his clothes and darns his socks
(d) teaches him English
4. When Jo prepares to return home, Professor Bhaer gives her what gift?
5. Beth tries to comfort those around her, though they are upset about what?
(a) She is dying.
(b) Jo is missing.
(c) Mr. March must go away.
(d) Marmee is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Laurie realizes that Professor Bhaer is going to ask Jo to marry him, what is his reaction?
2. What is Amy's first intention toward Laurie?
3. Amy begins to look at Laurie as what?
4. Jo plans to go where for the winter?
5. Beth refuses to go on a trip where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Professor Bhaer effect Jo's character and her choices in chapter thirty?
2. How does Beth's death, in chapter thirty-five, affect the rest of the family?
3. What does the entire book say about wealth?
4. In chapter thirty-eight, Laurie and Jo have a final discussion about their relationship and decide what?
5. How do Laurie and Amy react to the news of Beth's death, and how do their reactions alter the main story?
6. When Beth gets increasingly depressed and upset, how does Jo plan to raise Beth's spirits in chapter twenty-eight?
7. Describe the significance of Christmas to Jo and the professor in chapter twenty-nine
8. What secret does Beth reveal to Jo at the seashore and what does it say about Beth's mental state?
9. Contrast Professor Bhaer with Laurie. What could possibly draw Jo to one over the other?
10. How does Laurie and Amy's Christmas spent together in France affect the major plot line of Jo's relationship with Laurie?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)