|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Aunt March's maid?
2. What instrument does Mr. Laurence use to convince Beth to visit more often?
3. To thank Mr. Laurence for being so kind, Beth makes him what?
(a) a blanket
(d) a cake
4. Who arrives and interrupts a conversation between Meg and Mr. Brooke?
(b) Mr. March
(d) Aunt March
5. The girls create a secret society with what characters based on what?
(a) Jo's imagination
(b) Pilgrim's Progress
(c) The Pickwick Papers
(d) suggestions from Marmee
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg gives birth after the Brookes have been married for how long?
2. Who gets Amy in trouble at school?
3. Due to Laurie's prank, what happens?
4. Amy receives what sort of lessons from Aunt March?
5. Who marries the couple?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Amy and Jo's roles viewed differently, as they go on social calls in chapter twenty-six?
2. Describe how both Amy and Jo are used to teach a lesson about anger and revenge in chapter eight.
3. How does financial and social status affect Jo in chapter five when she sees Laurie again?
4. How does Jo's attitude in chapter twenty-six effect each of her visits?
5. What are the girls' feelings toward the role of women in society, and how do they show these feelings in chapter ten?
6. What major event happens to Meg and John after they have been married for a year and how does everyone handle it?
7. Describe how Meg's personality changes in chapter twenty-two, as she is married.
8. Describe Meg's attitude, in chapter eighteen, when she finds out that Laurie sent a letter to her as a prank.
9. Alcott only wrote Little Women at her publisher's suggestion. She preferred to write more adult novels. Describe the similarity between her feelings and those of Jo and her family in the book.
10. Describe Jo's attitude in chapter three and how it defies conventional thinking in that era.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)