|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter twenty-four, Jo devotes herself to doing what?
(a) writing a novel
(b) caring for Mr. March
(c) marrying Laurie
(d) caring for Beth
2. Laurie plays a prank in order to do what?
(a) get a secret out of Jo
(b) get even with Jo for a prank she played
(c) get a secret out of Meg
(d) get even with Amy for a prank she played
3. Jo receives a letter from Marmee praising her for what?
(a) appreciating her sisters
(b) helping Beth cook
(c) helping Amy with her sewing
(d) controlling her anger
4. After the holidays Meg gets a job as what?
(a) a seamstress
(b) a teacher
(c) a cook
(d) a governess
5. Mr. March tells Jo what about her writing?
(a) She can do better than writing such popular tales.
(b) She should write a novel.
(c) She should not write for a living.
(d) Her writing is perfect just the way it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jo meet, while trying to avoid the crowds at the party?
2. Marmee receives a letter from her husband, who is where?
3. Meg is invited to whose house for two weeks?
4. Amy follows Jo and Laurie to the river and does what?
5. Who arrives and interrupts a conversation between Meg and Mr. Brooke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Amy and Jo's roles viewed differently, as they go on social calls in chapter twenty-six?
2. Describe Jo's attitude in chapter three and how it defies conventional thinking in that era.
3. When Laurie says that Jo will be the next to wed, how does Jo react and how does Laurie view her attitude?
4. Describe the ups and downs of Jo's writing experiences in chapter twenty-four.
5. Describe how Amy's planned party for her art school friends goes in chapter twenty-three.
6. How is the idea that leisure doesn't pay neatly illustrated by Marmee for all of the girls in chapter eleven?
7. Describe Meg's attitude, in chapter eighteen, when she finds out that Laurie sent a letter to her as a prank.
8. Describe the differences between each of the March girls.
9. What major event happens to Meg and John after they have been married for a year and how does everyone handle it?
10. What are the girls' feelings toward the role of women in society, and how do they show these feelings in chapter ten?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)