Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amy asks the family to do what about the party?
(a) Host another party next year.
(b) Ask the party guests to leave early because Amy is ill.
(c) Never speak of the party again.
(d) Invite the party guests to stay longer.
2. After the holidays Meg gets a job as what?
(a) a governess
(b) a seamstress
(c) a teacher
(d) a cook
3. What does the breakfast consist of while Marmee is taking her day off?
(a) bad coffee and dry toast
(b) dry toast and bitter tea
(c) scorched eggs and bitter tea
(d) scorched bacon and eggs
4. Laurie does what during one of the girl's club meetings?
(a) He knocks on the door.
(b) He steps out of the closet.
(c) He hides under the bed.
(d) He throws a stone at the window.
5. Amy gets punished for bringing what to school?
Short Answer Questions
1. A baby dies of what?
2. Of the following, who does not attend the picnic at Longmeadow?
3. Who arrives and surprises the girls?
4. Who gets Amy in trouble at school?
5. Meg gives birth after the Brookes have been married for how long?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the idea that leisure doesn't pay neatly illustrated by Marmee for all of the girls in chapter eleven?
2. What does the entire book say about wealth?
3. How, in chapter six, do the girls' attitudes toward their neighbors grow and adapt?
4. Describe some of the ways the girls keep busy in chapter four, now that the Christmas holidays have ended.
5. How does Marmee's attitude about Meg and Mr. Brooke and her children growing up in general illustrate Alcott's progressive views on the position of women in the late 1800s?
6. How does financial and social status affect Jo in chapter five when she sees Laurie again?
7. How does Jo react to Mr. Brooke taking an interest in Meg?
8. How are Amy and Jo's roles viewed differently, as they go on social calls in chapter twenty-six?
9. How do Jo's rude actions in chapter twenty-six hurt Amy in chapter twenty-seven?
10. When Beth gets increasingly depressed and upset, how does Jo plan to raise Beth's spirits in chapter twenty-eight?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)