|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day of Amy's planned event, what happens?
(a) Nobody shows up for the event.
(b) The event is postponed due to rain.
(c) The event is a complete success.
(d) Amy becomes too ill to host the event.
2. How long has passed since the last time we saw the March girls?
(a) 15 years
(b) 3 years
(c) 13 years
(d) 10 years
3. Jo goes to the Laurence house and does what unusual thing to get Laurie to let her in?
(a) throws a snowball at his window
(b) yells at his window
(c) throws a small stone at his window
(d) knocks on his window
4. Mr. Laurence gives Beth a gift that originally belonged to whom?
(a) his granddaughter
(b) his grandson
(c) his daughter
(d) his wife
5. Jo receives a letter from Marmee praising her for what?
(a) appreciating her sisters
(b) controlling her anger
(c) helping Amy with her sewing
(d) helping Beth cook
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is upset about the idea that Meg might marry Mr. Brooke?
2. How many guests arrive for Amy's party?
3. Who do the girls decide to allow in the club?
4. Left alone in the library, Jo studies what?
5. Laurie starts what in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Laurie says that Jo will be the next to wed, how does Jo react and how does Laurie view her attitude?
2. Describe the ups and downs of Jo's writing experiences in chapter twenty-four.
3. How is the Christmas celebration in chapter nineteen different from Christmas a year before?
4. How does Jo react to Mr. Brooke taking an interest in Meg?
5. Describe Jo's attitude in chapter three and how it defies conventional thinking in that era.
6. What are the girls' feelings toward the role of women in society, and how do they show these feelings in chapter ten?
7. How is the idea that leisure doesn't pay neatly illustrated by Marmee for all of the girls in chapter eleven?
8. Describe some of the ways the girls keep busy in chapter four, now that the Christmas holidays have ended.
9. How does Jo cutting her hair in chapter fourteen affect the family, and what does it symbolize in the broader scheme of things?
10. How does financial and social status affect Jo in chapter five when she sees Laurie again?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)