|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guests arrive for Amy's party?
2. What secret does Laurie tell Jo?
(a) He saw Mr. Brooke kiss Meg.
(b) He saw Mr. Brooke watching Meg.
(c) He saw Mr. Brooke carrying Meg's glove.
(d) He found a letter that Mr. Brook wrote to Meg.
3. Mr. Brooke comes to the house to retrieve what?
(a) his book
(b) his hat
(c) his coat
(d) his umbrella
4. As chapter nineteen opens, the March family is preparing to do what?
(a) go on a trip
(b) go toa concert
(c) celebrate Christmas
(d) celebrate Easter
5. What family does Marmee ask the girls to check on?
(a) The Hammills
(b) The Hammonds
(c) The Hummels
(d) The Harrisons
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. and Mrs. March find out that Mr. Brooke wants to court Meg, they say what?
2. How many social calls do the girls go on?
3. Due to Laurie's prank, what happens?
4. Jo's novel finally sells for what amount?
5. Laurie has not been out since the party because of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what illnesses do to the family in chapter sixteen.
2. Describe Meg's attitude, in chapter eighteen, when she finds out that Laurie sent a letter to her as a prank.
3. Describe how Meg's personality changes in chapter twenty-two, as she is married.
4. Describe the ups and downs of Jo's writing experiences in chapter twenty-four.
5. What major event happens to Meg and John after they have been married for a year and how does everyone handle it?
6. How do we gain insight into Amy's personality when she goes to stay with Aunt March?
7. Describe some of the ways the girls keep busy in chapter four, now that the Christmas holidays have ended.
8. How is the idea that leisure doesn't pay neatly illustrated by Marmee for all of the girls in chapter eleven?
9. How does Alcott illustrate that "pride goes before a fall" and that popularity is not necessarily a good thing in chapter seven, using Amy as an example.
10. How does financial and social status affect Jo in chapter five when she sees Laurie again?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)