|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To thank Mr. Laurence for being so kind, Beth makes him what?
(b) a blanket
(c) a cake
2. How is Amy punished at school?
(a) She has to write lines.
(b) She gets detained after school.
(c) She is expelled.
(d) Her hands are slapped.
3. What secret does Laurie tell Jo?
(a) He saw Mr. Brooke kiss Meg.
(b) He saw Mr. Brooke carrying Meg's glove.
(c) He found a letter that Mr. Brook wrote to Meg.
(d) He saw Mr. Brooke watching Meg.
4. When Meg gives birth to twins, they decide to name the boy what?
5. Meg and Jo are invited to a New Year's party where?
(a) The Gardiner home
(b) The Smith home
(c) The Bradford home
(d) The Laurence home
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. March tells Jo what about her writing?
2. Why does Amy want to wear a ring?
3. How long has passed since the last time we saw the March girls?
4. Marmee and Mr. Brooke go where?
5. Who makes breakfast while Marmee is taking a day off?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ups and downs of Jo's writing experiences in chapter twenty-four.
2. How does Meg show, in chapter twenty, that, even though much of the book goes against the tradition of the times, traditional choices are still alright for some?
3. How does Jo's attitude in chapter twenty-six effect each of her visits?
4. How are Amy and Jo's roles viewed differently, as they go on social calls in chapter twenty-six?
5. Describe Jo's attitude in chapter three and how it defies conventional thinking in that era.
6. How does Marmee's attitude about Meg and Mr. Brooke and her children growing up in general illustrate Alcott's progressive views on the position of women in the late 1800s?
7. As we return to Dovecote, how are Meg and John getting along in chapter twenty-five?
8. What major event happens to Meg and John after they have been married for a year and how does everyone handle it?
9. Alcott only wrote Little Women at her publisher's suggestion. She preferred to write more adult novels. Describe the similarity between her feelings and those of Jo and her family in the book.
10. Describe how Meg's personality changes in chapter twenty-two, as she is married.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)