|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stories does Jo tell Laurie she's submitted for publication?
2. Marmee tells a tale at dinner about meeting a man who had four sons in the war, but two of them did what?
(a) got seriously injured
(b) came home safe
(d) got sick
3. When Meg gives birth to twins, they decide to name the boy what?
4. Mr. March tells Jo what about her writing?
(a) She should write a novel.
(b) She can do better than writing such popular tales.
(c) Her writing is perfect just the way it is.
(d) She should not write for a living.
5. Amy gets punished for bringing what to school?
Short Answer Questions
1. The girls create a secret society with what characters based on what?
2. Marmee receives a letter from her husband, who is where?
3. Meg gives birth to twins and the girl's name is what?
4. What is the name of the story that Jo has published?
5. The March girls' names are Meg, Beth, Amy, and what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How, in chapter thirty-four, does Amy help Laurie to see himself for who he is and who he used to be and change accordingly?
2. What secret does Beth reveal to Jo at the seashore and what does it say about Beth's mental state?
3. When Beth gets increasingly depressed and upset, how does Jo plan to raise Beth's spirits in chapter twenty-eight?
4. Describe why Amy, rather than Jo, is selected to go abroad with Aunt Carrol, and how Jo feels about the decision.
5. How does Jo feel about romantic pursuits, and how do her actions compare or contrast to that?
6. Christmas is a primary focus, yet again. What does Laurie do for Christmas in chapter thirty-three?
7. Describe how Amy's planned party for her art school friends goes in chapter twenty-three.
8. Describe how the men at the picnic in chapter eleven, Fred Vaughn, Laurie, and Mr. Brooke, reveal their true feelings and their character to the girls.
9. How are Amy and Jo's roles viewed differently, as they go on social calls in chapter twenty-six?
10. How does Amy's family react to her party plan in chapter twenty-three, both before and after the party?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)