|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes breakfast while Marmee is taking a day off?
(a) Amy and Jo
(b) Jo and Laurie
(c) Beth and Amy
(d) Meg and Jo
2. Meg gives birth to twins and the girl's name is what?
3. How many social calls do the girls go on?
4. After a baby dies in her arms, who becomes deathly ill herself?
5. Who is upset about the idea that Meg might marry Mr. Brooke?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. March tells Jo what about her writing?
2. Mr. and Mrs. Brooke have their first argument about what silly thing?
3. Mr. Laurence gives Beth a gift that originally belonged to whom?
4. Who writes a note allegedly from Mr. Brooke to Meg?
5. On the third social call, the girls pay a visit to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Laurie says that Jo will be the next to wed, how does Jo react and how does Laurie view her attitude?
2. Describe Jo's attitude in chapter three and how it defies conventional thinking in that era.
3. Describe what illnesses do to the family in chapter sixteen.
4. How does Jo react to Mr. Brooke taking an interest in Meg?
5. How is the Christmas celebration in chapter nineteen different from Christmas a year before?
6. Describe Meg's attitude, in chapter eighteen, when she finds out that Laurie sent a letter to her as a prank.
7. Explain how Marmee's hope, in chapter nine, that her children will be happy, whether married or single, reflects the changing times when Alcott was writing the book in the 1860s.
8. Describe how poverty plays a role in chapter two.
9. How does Meg show, in chapter twenty, that, even though much of the book goes against the tradition of the times, traditional choices are still alright for some?
10. Describe how both Amy and Jo are used to teach a lesson about anger and revenge in chapter eight.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)