|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amy receives what sort of lessons from Aunt March?
2. Mr. Laurence gives Beth a gift that originally belonged to whom?
(a) his granddaughter
(b) his grandson
(c) his daughter
(d) his wife
3. Where is Meg's wedding held?
(a) at Aunt March's house
(b) in a church
(c) outside at Longmeadow
(d) in the March home
4. What secret does Laurie tell Jo?
(a) He found a letter that Mr. Brook wrote to Meg.
(b) He saw Mr. Brooke kiss Meg.
(c) He saw Mr. Brooke carrying Meg's glove.
(d) He saw Mr. Brooke watching Meg.
5. Laurie has not been out since the party because of what?
(a) The weather was too bad.
(b) He had a cold.
(c) He had to study.
(d) Mr. Laurence made him stay in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes a note allegedly from Mr. Brooke to Meg?
2. As summer arrives, Marmee gives Amy and Beth what?
3. Who does Jo catch cheating at croquet?
4. When Meg gives birth to twins, they decide to name the boy what?
5. Who makes breakfast while Marmee is taking a day off?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does financial and social status affect Jo in chapter five when she sees Laurie again?
2. Describe Meg's attitude, in chapter eighteen, when she finds out that Laurie sent a letter to her as a prank.
3. How does Jo react to Mr. Brooke taking an interest in Meg?
4. Describe how the men at the picnic in chapter eleven, Fred Vaughn, Laurie, and Mr. Brooke, reveal their true feelings and their character to the girls.
5. Describe some of the ways the girls keep busy in chapter four, now that the Christmas holidays have ended.
6. How do we gain insight into Amy's personality when she goes to stay with Aunt March?
7. Describe how both Amy and Jo are used to teach a lesson about anger and revenge in chapter eight.
8. How does Meg show, in chapter twenty, that, even though much of the book goes against the tradition of the times, traditional choices are still alright for some?
9. How does Amy's family react to her party plan in chapter twenty-three, both before and after the party?
10. How does Jo cutting her hair in chapter fourteen affect the family, and what does it symbolize in the broader scheme of things?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)