|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amy want to wear a ring?
(a) to remind her not to get angry
(b) to remind her of Laurie
(c) to remind her not to be selfish
(d) to remind her of Jo
2. After brutal editing, Jo finally has what published?
(a) her second novel
(b) a newspaper article
(c) a short story
(d) her first novel
3. After the holidays Meg gets a job as what?
(a) a seamstress
(b) a cook
(c) a governess
(d) a teacher
4. Where is Meg's wedding held?
(a) outside at Longmeadow
(b) in a church
(c) at Aunt March's house
(d) in the March home
5. When Mr. and Mrs. March find out that Mr. Brooke wants to court Meg, they say what?
(a) Meg can marry when she turns twenty.
(b) Meg can Marry Mr. Brooke in a year.
(c) Meg cannot Marry Mr. Brooke at all.
(d) Meg can marry immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Jo get that she has been wanting for a year?
2. Who does Jo catch cheating at croquet?
3. Chapter 25 updates us on life where?
4. Who is Marmee?
5. Who is upset about the idea that Meg might marry Mr. Brooke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the men at the picnic in chapter eleven, Fred Vaughn, Laurie, and Mr. Brooke, reveal their true feelings and their character to the girls.
2. Describe the significance of Christmas to Jo and the professor in chapter twenty-nine
3. In chapter thirty-eight, Laurie and Jo have a final discussion about their relationship and decide what?
4. What secret does Beth reveal to Jo at the seashore and what does it say about Beth's mental state?
5. Describe the differences between each of the March girls.
6. What lessons do we learn from Beth's death?
7. Describe Meg's attitude, in chapter eighteen, when she finds out that Laurie sent a letter to her as a prank.
8. When Laurie says that Jo will be the next to wed, how does Jo react and how does Laurie view her attitude?
9. How do Jo's rude actions in chapter twenty-six hurt Amy in chapter twenty-seven?
10. When Beth gets increasingly depressed and upset, how does Jo plan to raise Beth's spirits in chapter twenty-eight?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)