|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family does Marmee ask the girls to check on?
(a) The Hammills
(b) The Hammonds
(c) The Harrisons
(d) The Hummels
2. What does the breakfast consist of while Marmee is taking her day off?
(a) scorched bacon and eggs
(b) bad coffee and dry toast
(c) scorched eggs and bitter tea
(d) dry toast and bitter tea
3. Mr. and Mrs. Brooke have their first argument about what silly thing?
(a) what to have for dinner
(b) a jam incident
(c) a dress that Meg wants
(d) a newspaper article
4. Meg is invited to whose house for two weeks?
(a) Laurie Laurence's
(b) Christine Harrison's
(c) Hannah Abbot's
(d) Annie Moffat's
5. On the third social call, the girls pay a visit to whom?
(a) Mr. Tudor
(b) Mr. Tucker
(c) Mr. Thomas
(d) Mr. Turner
Short Answer Questions
1. As summer arrives, Marmee gives Amy and Beth what?
2. Who tells Meg that they are not impressed by her "fuss and feathers" at the party?
3. When the girls pay their visit to Aunt March, who else is present?
4. After a baby dies in her arms, who becomes deathly ill herself?
5. To get even with Jo for not letting her go to a play, Amy does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ups and downs of Jo's writing experiences in chapter twenty-four.
2. Describe Meg's attitude, in chapter eighteen, when she finds out that Laurie sent a letter to her as a prank.
3. How are Amy and Jo's roles viewed differently, as they go on social calls in chapter twenty-six?
4. How does financial and social status affect Jo in chapter five when she sees Laurie again?
5. How does Jo's attitude in chapter twenty-six effect each of her visits?
6. How is the Christmas celebration in chapter nineteen different from Christmas a year before?
7. Describe some of the ways the girls keep busy in chapter four, now that the Christmas holidays have ended.
8. Alcott only wrote Little Women at her publisher's suggestion. She preferred to write more adult novels. Describe the similarity between her feelings and those of Jo and her family in the book.
9. What major event happens to Meg and John after they have been married for a year and how does everyone handle it?
10. How does Amy's family react to her party plan in chapter twenty-three, both before and after the party?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)