|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jo now spend her time doing?
(a) caring for Beth
(b) housekeeping for Mr. Brooke
(c) writing romance novels
(d) caring for Aunt March
2. Laurie has not been out since the party because of what?
(a) The weather was too bad.
(b) Mr. Laurence made him stay in.
(c) He had to study.
(d) He had a cold.
3. A rumor is circulating that Mrs. March wants to arrange a match between Laurie and who?
4. What does each girl find under her pillow one Christmas morning?
(a) a note
(b) some candy
(c) some money
(d) a book
5. The girls create a secret society with what characters based on what?
(a) Jo's imagination
(b) The Pickwick Papers
(c) suggestions from Marmee
(d) Pilgrim's Progress
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day of Amy's planned event, what happens?
2. Marmee tells a tale at dinner about meeting a man who had four sons in the war, but two of them did what?
3. What is the last name of the family that the girls give their Christmas breakfast to?
4. Chapter 25 updates us on life where?
5. Laurie and Jo go to a nearby river to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what illnesses do to the family in chapter sixteen.
2. How, in chapter six, do the girls' attitudes toward their neighbors grow and adapt?
3. Describe how both Amy and Jo are used to teach a lesson about anger and revenge in chapter eight.
4. Describe how Meg's personality changes in chapter twenty-two, as she is married.
5. How does Jo's attitude in chapter twenty-six effect each of her visits?
6. Describe Jo's attitude in chapter three and how it defies conventional thinking in that era.
7. How does Alcott illustrate that "pride goes before a fall" and that popularity is not necessarily a good thing in chapter seven, using Amy as an example.
8. What are the girls' feelings toward the role of women in society, and how do they show these feelings in chapter ten?
9. When Laurie says that Jo will be the next to wed, how does Jo react and how does Laurie view her attitude?
10. How do we gain insight into Amy's personality when she goes to stay with Aunt March?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)