|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marmee tells a tale at dinner about meeting a man who had four sons in the war, but two of them did what?
(b) got sick
(c) got seriously injured
(d) came home safe
2. Jo tells her aunts that she is against what?
(a) learning to ride a horse
(b) visiting other countries
(c) visiting other states
(d) learning other languages
3. After brutal editing, Jo finally has what published?
(a) a newspaper article
(b) her second novel
(c) her first novel
(d) a short story
4. Amy gets punished for bringing what to school?
5. Who does Jo meet, while trying to avoid the crowds at the party?
(a) Thomas Harrison
(b) Harold Harvey
(c) Hannah Abbot
(d) Theodore Laurence
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. and Mrs. March find out that Mr. Brooke wants to court Meg, they say what?
2. What family does Marmee ask the girls to check on?
3. Amy wants to have a gathering of her friends, which she calls what?
4. At dinnertime, Beth tells the family about seeing Mr. Laurence buy what at the market?
5. Who gets Amy in trouble at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amy's family react to her party plan in chapter twenty-three, both before and after the party?
2. Describe Jo's attitude in chapter three and how it defies conventional thinking in that era.
3. Describe how Amy's planned party for her art school friends goes in chapter twenty-three.
4. Describe what illnesses do to the family in chapter sixteen.
5. How is the Christmas celebration in chapter nineteen different from Christmas a year before?
6. How is the idea that leisure doesn't pay neatly illustrated by Marmee for all of the girls in chapter eleven?
7. Describe the ups and downs of Jo's writing experiences in chapter twenty-four.
8. How does Meg show, in chapter twenty, that, even though much of the book goes against the tradition of the times, traditional choices are still alright for some?
9. Describe Meg's attitude, in chapter eighteen, when she finds out that Laurie sent a letter to her as a prank.
10. When Laurie says that Jo will be the next to wed, how does Jo react and how does Laurie view her attitude?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)