|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jo meet, while trying to avoid the crowds at the party?
(a) Thomas Harrison
(b) Harold Harvey
(c) Theodore Laurence
(d) Hannah Abbot
2. A baby dies of what?
(a) scarlet fever
(d) yellow fever
3. When the girls pay their visit to Aunt March, who else is present?
(a) Aunt Carrol
(b) Aunt Lucy
(c) Aunt Abigail
(d) Aunt Beatrice
4. Amy receives what sort of lessons from Aunt March?
5. As chapter nineteen opens, the March family is preparing to do what?
(a) celebrate Easter
(b) go on a trip
(c) go toa concert
(d) celebrate Christmas
Short Answer Questions
1. Amy follows Jo and Laurie to the river and does what?
2. Who is upset about the idea that Meg might marry Mr. Brooke?
3. How is Amy punished at school?
4. At dinnertime, Beth tells the family about seeing Mr. Laurence buy what at the market?
5. Mr. Brooke comes to the house to retrieve what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ups and downs of Jo's writing experiences in chapter twenty-four.
2. How does Mrs. March's sixtieth birthday celebration, in the final chapter, mirror the Christmas festivities in the first chapter of the book?
3. How, in chapter thirty-four, does Amy help Laurie to see himself for who he is and who he used to be and change accordingly?
4. Describe Jo's attitude in chapter three and how it defies conventional thinking in that era.
5. How does Jo feel about romantic pursuits, and how do her actions compare or contrast to that?
6. What lessons do we learn from Beth's death?
7. What major event happens to Meg and John after they have been married for a year and how does everyone handle it?
8. During her talk with Laurie about their relationship, how is Jo's independence once again expressed with relation to the normal role of women in society in that era?
9. How, in chapter six, do the girls' attitudes toward their neighbors grow and adapt?
10. Describe how both Amy and Jo are used to teach a lesson about anger and revenge in chapter eight.
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)