|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jo meet, while trying to avoid the crowds at the party?
(a) Theodore Laurence
(b) Harold Harvey
(c) Hannah Abbot
(d) Thomas Harrison
2. Meg and Jo are invited to a New Year's party where?
(a) The Laurence home
(b) The Gardiner home
(c) The Bradford home
(d) The Smith home
3. Laurie plays a prank in order to do what?
(a) get even with Amy for a prank she played
(b) get even with Jo for a prank she played
(c) get a secret out of Meg
(d) get a secret out of Jo
4. How many guests arrive for Amy's party?
5. What family does Marmee ask the girls to check on?
(a) The Hammills
(b) The Hammonds
(c) The Harrisons
(d) The Hummels
Short Answer Questions
1. The March girls' names are Meg, Beth, Amy, and what?
2. What is the name of Aunt March's maid?
3. Mr. March tells Jo what about her writing?
4. Where is Meg's wedding held?
5. When Meg gives birth to twins, they decide to name the boy what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Christmas celebration in chapter nineteen different from Christmas a year before?
2. Describe how Amy's planned party for her art school friends goes in chapter twenty-three.
3. How does Marmee's attitude about Meg and Mr. Brooke and her children growing up in general illustrate Alcott's progressive views on the position of women in the late 1800s?
4. Describe Meg's attitude, in chapter eighteen, when she finds out that Laurie sent a letter to her as a prank.
5. How does Jo cutting her hair in chapter fourteen affect the family, and what does it symbolize in the broader scheme of things?
6. How does Jo react to Mr. Brooke taking an interest in Meg?
7. Alcott only wrote Little Women at her publisher's suggestion. She preferred to write more adult novels. Describe the similarity between her feelings and those of Jo and her family in the book.
8. Describe the ups and downs of Jo's writing experiences in chapter twenty-four.
9. How does financial and social status affect Jo in chapter five when she sees Laurie again?
10. How does Jo's attitude in chapter twenty-six effect each of her visits?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)