|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jo realizes that Professor Bhaer is probably there to woo her, what is her reaction?
(a) She likes the idea.
(b) She is embarassed in front of her family.
(c) She hates the idea.
(d) She is confused and asks him for time to think things through.
2. At Christmas, Jo and Professor Bhaer do what?
(a) They exchange small gifts.
(b) They attend a party together.
(c) They eat a big dinner.
(d) They travel back to the March home for the holidays.
3. Amy begins to look at Laurie as what?
(a) an overconfident braggart
(b) an older brother figure
(c) an eligible young man
(d) a good friend
4. As it is time for Laurie to graduate, what happens?
(a) He fails.
(b) He drops out right before graduation.
(c) He just barely graduates.
(d) He graduates with honors.
5. Jo is distraught when Professor Bhaer does what?
(a) begins to take interest in another woman
(b) stays away for three days
(c) moves away
(d) stays away for three months
6. Jo finds a note where?
(a) in her trunk
(b) in Laurie's postbox
(c) under Beth's bed
(d) behind the attic wall
7. Jo refuses to do what until Beth dies?
(a) cut her hair
(b) leave her side
(c) visit her
8. Laurie and Amy decide what about each other?
(a) They love each other.
(b) They don't get along with others.
(c) They should just be friends.
(d) They hate each other.
9. Laurie tells Amy that he is upset because of what?
(a) Amy is going to marry Fred.
(b) His grandfather told him not to return home.
(c) Jo rejected him.
(d) Jo is ill.
10. Amy hints to Laurie that he should rejoin whom?
(a) his uncle
(c) his brother
(d) his grandfather
11. Jo is longing for what?
(a) to see Amy again
(b) a soul mate
(c) to see Beth again
(d) to have another novel published
12. Upon returning home, Laurie insists that he and Jo talk about what?
(a) Laurie's new job
(b) Jo's new job
(c) Professor Bhaer
(d) their future together
13. What news do Laurie and Amy give everyone?
(a) They were married six weeks earlier.
(b) They plan to be married in six weeks.
(c) They have been married for three months.
(d) They plan to marry in three months.
14. What do Amy and Laurie want to use their wealth for?
(a) to help those less fortunate
(b) to take a trip around the world
(c) to buy a new home
(d) to pay for a lavish wedding reception
15. Amy declines whose marriage proposal?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Laurie says that he loves Jo, Jo does what?
2. What occasion does Laurie visit Amy for?
3. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
4. Jo begins writing children's stories so she can keep the respect of whom?
5. The professor and Jo meet for walks for how long?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)