|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jo does what for Professor Bhaer?
(a) teaches him English
(b) mends his clothes and darns his socks
(c) cleans his house
(d) brings him food
2. Beth finally tells Jo what secret?
(a) She loves Jo, no matter how often they've argued in the past.
(b) She truely does love Laurie.
(c) She saw Laurie's vitality and cried because she knew she was dying.
(d) She hid some money under her bed that Jo can have after she is gone.
3. Jo refuses to do what until Beth dies?
(b) cut her hair
(c) leave her side
(d) visit her
4. Who is the note that Jo finds from?
(a) Professor Bhaer
(b) Mr. Brooke
5. Beth does what as she is slowly dying?
(a) She stays in bed.
(b) She writes a will.
(c) She lets everyone treat her like a princess.
(d) She keeps busy helping others.
6. The family prepares for what event?
(a) Beth's impending death
(b) Jo's marriage
(c) Meg and John's divorce
(d) selling their home
7. What occasion does Laurie visit Amy for?
(b) his birthday
(c) her birthday
8. Whom does Aunt Carrol want to go abroad with her?
9. Who returns home, in chapter thirty-eight?
(a) Meg and Marmee
(b) Jo, Meg and Amy
(c) Meg and John
(d) Amy, Laurie and Mr. Laurance
10. Laurie and Amy decide to do what together?
(a) row together on a lake
(b) make lunch together
(c) climb a mountain together
(d) attend a party together
11. While in Europe, Laurie meets up with whom?
(c) Aunt March
12. What news do Laurie and Amy give everyone?
(a) They were married six weeks earlier.
(b) They have been married for three months.
(c) They plan to be married in six weeks.
(d) They plan to marry in three months.
13. Laurie and Amy decide what about each other?
(a) They should just be friends.
(b) They don't get along with others.
(c) They love each other.
(d) They hate each other.
14. What does aunt Carrol send to the girls?
(b) a cake
(d) a letter
15. When Jo learns of Laurie and Amy's engagement, what is her reaction?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jo is walking home in the rain, who covers her with his umbrella?
2. When Beth realizes she is dying, how does she take it?
3. Professor Bhaer says that he may visit Jo until what happens?
4. Who is jealous of Amy?
5. Laurie appeals to Jo one more time before his trip and she does what?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)