|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees that Jo's separation from Laurie would be good?
(c) Mrs. March
2. What does Laurie tell Jo about the relationship they have?
(a) He hates her now.
(b) He will love her until the day he dies.
(c) He will always love her as a sister and Amy as a wife.
(d) He will always wish they had married.
3. What does the editor say does not sell in those days?
4. Amy puts her insecurities about Laurie's affection to rest after what happens?
(a) Laurie says he's happy for Professor Bhaer and Jo.
(b) Jo tells Amy that there's nothing to worry about.
(c) Amy and Laurie move to England
(d) Jo moves to France
5. What do Jo and Professor Bhaer use their new house for?
(a) a school for boys
(b) a home for orphans
(c) a newspaper office
(d) a school for girls
6. What news do Laurie and Amy give everyone?
(a) They plan to marry in three months.
(b) They were married six weeks earlier.
(c) They have been married for three months.
(d) They plan to be married in six weeks.
7. Laurie tells Amy that he is upset because of what?
(a) Jo rejected him.
(b) Jo is ill.
(c) His grandfather told him not to return home.
(d) Amy is going to marry Fred.
8. When Jo returns home, she discovers what?
(a) Mr. March is dead.
(b) The family is out of money.
(c) Marmee is visiting a friend.
(d) Beth's health is failing.
9. What occasion does Laurie visit Amy for?
(b) his birthday
(d) her birthday
10. Jo refuses to do what until Beth dies?
(b) cut her hair
(c) visit her
(d) leave her side
11. When does Beth finally die?
(a) in the night
(b) on Thanksgiving Day
(c) at dawn
(d) at Christmas
12. When Laurie says that he loves Jo, Jo does what?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She leaps into his arms.
(c) She says that she does not love him romantically.
(d) She runs away in tears.
13. The family prepares for what event?
(a) Beth's impending death
(b) Meg and John's divorce
(c) Jo's marriage
(d) selling their home
14. Professor Bhaer begins to do what for Jo?
(a) edit her writing
(b) pick up her mail
(c) teach her German
(d) buy her gifts
15. What do Amy and Laurie want to use their wealth for?
(a) to take a trip around the world
(b) to help those less fortunate
(c) to pay for a lavish wedding reception
(d) to buy a new home
Short Answer Questions
1. Amy tells Laurie that she will probably marry Fred Vaughn because of what?
2. Amy accepts an offer to do what?
3. Beth tries to comfort those around her, though they are upset about what?
4. What is Amy's first intention toward Laurie?
5. Beth finally tells Jo what secret?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)