|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jo does what for Professor Bhaer?
(a) cleans his house
(b) brings him food
(c) mends his clothes and darns his socks
(d) teaches him English
2. Laurie and Amy decide what about each other?
(a) They should just be friends.
(b) They don't get along with others.
(c) They hate each other.
(d) They love each other.
3. Amy hints to Laurie that he should rejoin whom?
(a) his grandfather
(b) his brother
(d) his uncle
4. Mrs. March does not agree with Jo about what?
(a) Beth going on the trip with Jo
(b) Beth looking healthier
(c) Beth being in love with Laurie
(d) Beth looking more ill
5. While in Europe, Laurie meets up with whom?
(b) Aunt March
6. Professor Bhaer says that he may visit Jo until what happens?
(a) His nephew dies.
(b) He falls in love with someone else.
(c) He realizes that Laurie may be more than Jo's friend.
(d) He gets deathly ill.
7. Jo longs to have money and power so she can do what?
(a) get a better job
(b) get married
(c) care for her family
(d) move far away
8. What is professor Bhaer's new position?
9. When Beth realizes she is dying, how does she take it?
(a) She starts to take more chances and be more adventuresome.
(b) She goes on a trip to France.
(c) She marries quickly.
(d) She faces it the same way she lived her life.
10. What causes Professor Bhaer to finally realize Jo has feelings for him?
(a) Jo tells Laurie, who tells Professor Bhaer.
(b) Jo kisses him.
(c) Jo breaks down in tears.
(d) Amy tells Professor Bhaer, against Jo's wishes.
11. Jo is distraught when Professor Bhaer does what?
(a) stays away for three months
(b) stays away for three days
(c) begins to take interest in another woman
(d) moves away
12. Beth refuses to go on a trip where?
(a) to the mountains
(b) to Washington
(c) to the ocean
(d) to France
13. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
(a) the country
(b) the mountains
(c) the city
(d) the seashore
14. What is the name of the house left to Jo and Professor Bhaer?
15. Who returns home, in chapter thirty-eight?
(a) Meg and Marmee
(b) Jo, Meg and Amy
(c) Meg and John
(d) Amy, Laurie and Mr. Laurance
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurie and Amy do what together?
2. Mrs. March tells Jo that she is concerned about what?
3. What does Laurie tell Jo about the relationship they have?
4. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
5. Jo writes often to her family about whom?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)