|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jo begins to write for what publication?
(a) The Weekly Volcano
(b) The Weekly Flood
(c) The Weekly Tornado
(d) The Weekly Earthquake
2. Laurie seems to have lost his sense of what?
3. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
(a) the city
(b) the seashore
(c) the country
(d) the mountains
4. Mrs. March does not agree with Jo about what?
(a) Beth being in love with Laurie
(b) Beth looking more ill
(c) Beth looking healthier
(d) Beth going on the trip with Jo
5. Amy hints to Laurie that he should rejoin whom?
(a) his grandfather
(b) his brother
(c) his uncle
6. Jo asks who to help Amy with her flower table?
(a) Laurie and his college friends
(b) John and Meg
(c) Amy and Beth
(d) Mr. and Mrs. March
7. What is the name of the house left to Jo and Professor Bhaer?
8. Who agrees that Jo's separation from Laurie would be good?
(b) Mrs. March
9. Laurie tells Amy that he is upset because of what?
(a) Jo rejected him.
(b) Amy is going to marry Fred.
(c) Jo is ill.
(d) His grandfather told him not to return home.
10. Upon returning home, Laurie insists that he and Jo talk about what?
(a) their future together
(b) Jo's new job
(c) Laurie's new job
(d) Professor Bhaer
11. What does Beth tell Jo about Beth's health?
(a) She doesn't want to die.
(b) She is not going to die.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She has accepted that she is dying.
12. Beth finally tells Jo what secret?
(a) She truely does love Laurie.
(b) She hid some money under her bed that Jo can have after she is gone.
(c) She saw Laurie's vitality and cried because she knew she was dying.
(d) She loves Jo, no matter how often they've argued in the past.
13. Laurie tries to resolve his feelings by doing what?
(a) talking to his grandfather
(b) seeing other women
(c) writing songs and stories
(d) pretending Jo doesn't exist
14. Whom does Aunt Carrol want to go abroad with her?
15. Who returns home, in chapter thirty-eight?
(a) Meg and John
(b) Meg and Marmee
(c) Jo, Meg and Amy
(d) Amy, Laurie and Mr. Laurance
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jo and Professor Bhaer use their new house for?
2. Where do Amy and Laurie choose to live?
3. Beth does what as she is slowly dying?
4. Professor Bhaer says that he may visit Jo until what happens?
5. What does Laurie tell Jo about the relationship they have?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)