|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jo learns of Laurie and Amy's engagement, what is her reaction?
2. Professor Bhaer is caring for whom?
(a) his two orphaned nieces
(b) his ailing sister
(c) his aging parents
(d) his two orphaned nephews
3. Beth does what as she is slowly dying?
(a) She writes a will.
(b) She keeps busy helping others.
(c) She lets everyone treat her like a princess.
(d) She stays in bed.
4. What does the note that Jo finds say?
(a) Goodbye dear friend.
(b) Dear Jo, I love you.
(c) Wait for me, my love.
(d) Wait for me, my friend.
5. Jo determines that Beth is sad because of what?
(a) She thinks Beth is tired of being too sick to go out.
(b) She thinks Beth is in love with Laurie.
(c) She thinks Beth misses Amy
(d) She thinks Beth misses Meg.
6. At Christmas, Jo and Professor Bhaer do what?
(a) They travel back to the March home for the holidays.
(b) They exchange small gifts.
(c) They attend a party together.
(d) They eat a big dinner.
7. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
(a) Amy likes him, but Meg does not.
(b) They all welcome him with open arms.
(c) Marmee tells Jo that he would make a good husband for her.
(d) Jo is embarassed by his arrival.
8. When Jo realizes that Professor Bhaer is probably there to woo her, what is her reaction?
(a) She is embarassed in front of her family.
(b) She is confused and asks him for time to think things through.
(c) She hates the idea.
(d) She likes the idea.
9. When Laurie realizes that Professor Bhaer is going to ask Jo to marry him, what is his reaction?
(a) He tells Jo that he would be happy to see them married.
(b) He tries to stop the proposal.
(c) He tells Jo that he will always wish it had been him that she'd married.
(d) He tells Amy that he would be happy to see them married.
10. When Jo returns home, she discovers what?
(a) Beth's health is failing.
(b) Mr. March is dead.
(c) The family is out of money.
(d) Marmee is visiting a friend.
11. Laurie admires what about Amy?
(a) her artistic ability
(b) her sense of humor
(c) her beauty and style
(d) her eyes
12. While in Europe, Laurie meets up with whom?
(b) Aunt March
13. Jo does what for Professor Bhaer?
(a) mends his clothes and darns his socks
(b) cleans his house
(c) brings him food
(d) teaches him English
14. What is Amy's first intention toward Laurie?
(a) to be a good wife
(b) to keep house well for him
(c) to cook everything he likes to eat
(d) to help him with his business
15. Laurie tries to resolve his feelings by doing what?
(a) talking to his grandfather
(b) seeing other women
(c) writing songs and stories
(d) pretending Jo doesn't exist
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. March tells Jo that she is concerned about what?
2. Laurie appeals to Jo one more time before his trip and she does what?
3. As she reflects on her life, what does Jo say about it?
4. Laurie asks Jo if she loves the professor and Jo says what?
5. Jo tells Professor Bhaer that she is not afraid of what?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)