|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
(a) Marmee tells Jo that he would make a good husband for her.
(b) They all welcome him with open arms.
(c) Jo is embarassed by his arrival.
(d) Amy likes him, but Meg does not.
2. What does Beth tell Jo about Beth's health?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She doesn't want to die.
(c) She has accepted that she is dying.
(d) She is not going to die.
3. Amy accepts an offer to do what?
(a) get married
(b) act in a play
(c) have a table at a charity event
(d) eat dinner with the Brookes
4. What do Jo and Professor Bhaer use their new house for?
(a) a newspaper office
(b) a home for orphans
(c) a school for boys
(d) a school for girls
5. Professor Bhaer is caring for whom?
(a) his ailing sister
(b) his two orphaned nieces
(c) his aging parents
(d) his two orphaned nephews
6. Professor Bhaer begins to do what for Jo?
(a) buy her gifts
(b) edit her writing
(c) pick up her mail
(d) teach her German
7. What does Laurie intend to do to prove that he is not spoiled?
(a) give food and clothes to the less fortunate
(b) let Amy have her way in an arguement
(c) give money to the less fortunate
(d) go into business
8. Beth refuses to go on a trip where?
(a) to France
(b) to Washington
(c) to the mountains
(d) to the ocean
9. Jo finds a note where?
(a) in Laurie's postbox
(b) in her trunk
(c) behind the attic wall
(d) under Beth's bed
10. Jo tells Professor Bhaer that she is not afraid of what?
(a) poverty or waiting
(b) getting sick or dying
(c) getting married or moving
(d) teaching or public speaking
11. Jo is distraught when Professor Bhaer does what?
(a) begins to take interest in another woman
(b) moves away
(c) stays away for three days
(d) stays away for three months
12. Jo determines that Beth is sad because of what?
(a) She thinks Beth misses Amy
(b) She thinks Beth is in love with Laurie.
(c) She thinks Beth misses Meg.
(d) She thinks Beth is tired of being too sick to go out.
13. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
(a) the city
(b) the mountains
(c) the seashore
(d) the country
14. What job does Jo plan to take for the winter?
15. Who is the note that Jo finds from?
(b) Mr. Brooke
(d) Professor Bhaer
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Aunt Carrol want to go abroad with her?
2. Amy tells Laurie that she will probably marry Fred Vaughn because of what?
3. As Jo is walking home in the rain, who covers her with his umbrella?
4. Amy puts her insecurities about Laurie's affection to rest after what happens?
5. Laurie tries to resolve his feelings by doing what?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)