|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amy puts her insecurities about Laurie's affection to rest after what happens?
(a) Amy and Laurie move to England
(b) Jo moves to France
(c) Jo tells Amy that there's nothing to worry about.
(d) Laurie says he's happy for Professor Bhaer and Jo.
2. Who cares for Beth as she is dying?
3. What do Jo and Professor Bhaer use their new house for?
(a) a home for orphans
(b) a school for girls
(c) a newspaper office
(d) a school for boys
4. When Jo prepares to return home, Professor Bhaer gives her what gift?
5. When Jo learns of Laurie and Amy's engagement, what is her reaction?
6. Where do Amy and Laurie choose to live?
(a) The Laurence family home.
(b) The March family home.
(c) New York
7. What does the note that Jo finds say?
(a) Wait for me, my love.
(b) Dear Jo, I love you.
(c) Wait for me, my friend.
(d) Goodbye dear friend.
8. Laurie tries to resolve his feelings by doing what?
(a) pretending Jo doesn't exist
(b) talking to his grandfather
(c) seeing other women
(d) writing songs and stories
9. At Christmas, Jo and Professor Bhaer do what?
(a) They eat a big dinner.
(b) They travel back to the March home for the holidays.
(c) They exchange small gifts.
(d) They attend a party together.
10. What is professor Bhaer's new position?
11. Jo is distraught when Professor Bhaer does what?
(a) moves away
(b) stays away for three months
(c) begins to take interest in another woman
(d) stays away for three days
12. When Laurie writes to Jo to ask her to return his love, she does what?
(c) suggests that he travel home and ask her in person
(d) travels to Europe to see him in person
13. When Beth realizes she is dying, how does she take it?
(a) She faces it the same way she lived her life.
(b) She goes on a trip to France.
(c) She marries quickly.
(d) She starts to take more chances and be more adventuresome.
14. Jo is longing for what?
(a) a soul mate
(b) to have another novel published
(c) to see Amy again
(d) to see Beth again
15. Amy shows Laurie two sketches of whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Laurie says that he loves Jo, Jo does what?
2. Mrs. March does not agree with Jo about what?
3. When Laurie hears that Beth has died, he does what?
4. Jo feels alone because of what?
5. Amy hints to Laurie that he should rejoin whom?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)