|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amy accepts an offer to do what?
(a) act in a play
(b) eat dinner with the Brookes
(c) get married
(d) have a table at a charity event
2. Laurie asks Jo if she loves the professor and Jo says what?
(a) I haven't the least idea of loving him or anybody else.
(b) I love him with all my heart.
(c) We plan to be married next year.
(d) I don't know who I love.
3. Who returns home, in chapter thirty-eight?
(a) Meg and John
(b) Amy, Laurie and Mr. Laurance
(c) Jo, Meg and Amy
(d) Meg and Marmee
4. Laurie tries to resolve his feelings by doing what?
(a) writing songs and stories
(b) pretending Jo doesn't exist
(c) seeing other women
(d) talking to his grandfather
5. Laurie and Amy decide to do what together?
(a) attend a party together
(b) climb a mountain together
(c) make lunch together
(d) row together on a lake
6. Jo feels alone because of what?
(a) Marmee is on a trip.
(b) Beth has died.
(c) Laurie is away.
(d) She has argued with Meg.
7. What job does Jo plan to take for the winter?
8. Jo plans to go where for the winter?
(b) New York
9. Laurie and Amy do what together?
(a) paint a portrait
(b) attend a party
(c) read a book
(d) have dinner
10. Jo tells Professor Bhaer that she is not afraid of what?
(a) getting sick or dying
(b) teaching or public speaking
(c) getting married or moving
(d) poverty or waiting
11. What is Amy's first intention toward Laurie?
(a) to keep house well for him
(b) to cook everything he likes to eat
(c) to be a good wife
(d) to help him with his business
12. Jo begins to write for what publication?
(a) The Weekly Tornado
(b) The Weekly Earthquake
(c) The Weekly Flood
(d) The Weekly Volcano
13. What news do Laurie and Amy give everyone?
(a) They plan to marry in three months.
(b) They were married six weeks earlier.
(c) They plan to be married in six weeks.
(d) They have been married for three months.
14. Beth tries to comfort those around her, though they are upset about what?
(a) She is dying.
(b) Marmee is sick.
(c) Jo is missing.
(d) Mr. March must go away.
15. What causes Professor Bhaer to finally realize Jo has feelings for him?
(a) Jo tells Laurie, who tells Professor Bhaer.
(b) Jo breaks down in tears.
(c) Jo kisses him.
(d) Amy tells Professor Bhaer, against Jo's wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jo name her two sons?
2. Jo determines that Beth is sad because of what?
3. Amy declines whose marriage proposal?
4. Upon returning home, Laurie insists that he and Jo talk about what?
5. What is professor Bhaer's new position?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)