|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jo longs to have money and power so she can do what?
(a) care for her family
(b) get a better job
(c) move far away
(d) get married
2. When Laurie hears that Beth has died, he does what?
(a) travels to be with Amy
(b) writes a letter to Jo
(c) writes a letter to Marmee
(d) travels to be with Jo
3. What occasion does Laurie visit Amy for?
(a) his birthday
(c) her birthday
4. Laurie seems to have lost his sense of what?
5. Laurie asks Jo if she loves the professor and Jo says what?
(a) I haven't the least idea of loving him or anybody else.
(b) I don't know who I love.
(c) I love him with all my heart.
(d) We plan to be married next year.
6. Amy hints to Laurie that he should rejoin whom?
(b) his brother
(c) his grandfather
(d) his uncle
7. Amy accepts an offer to do what?
(a) eat dinner with the Brookes
(b) act in a play
(c) have a table at a charity event
(d) get married
8. Laurie and Amy decide to do what together?
(a) row together on a lake
(b) climb a mountain together
(c) attend a party together
(d) make lunch together
9. When Laurie realizes that Professor Bhaer is going to ask Jo to marry him, what is his reaction?
(a) He tells Amy that he would be happy to see them married.
(b) He tells Jo that he will always wish it had been him that she'd married.
(c) He tells Jo that he would be happy to see them married.
(d) He tries to stop the proposal.
10. While in Europe, Laurie meets up with whom?
(a) Aunt March
11. The professor and Jo meet for walks for how long?
(a) two weeks
(b) six weeks
(c) a year
(d) six months
12. Jo refuses to do what until Beth dies?
(a) leave her side
(b) visit her
(c) cut her hair
13. When Jo returns home, she discovers what?
(a) Marmee is visiting a friend.
(b) Beth's health is failing.
(c) Mr. March is dead.
(d) The family is out of money.
14. Beth finally tells Jo what secret?
(a) She hid some money under her bed that Jo can have after she is gone.
(b) She saw Laurie's vitality and cried because she knew she was dying.
(c) She truely does love Laurie.
(d) She loves Jo, no matter how often they've argued in the past.
15. What does the editor say does not sell in those days?
Short Answer Questions
1. As it is time for Laurie to graduate, what happens?
2. Laurie and Amy do what together?
3. Laurie admires what about Amy?
4. When does Beth finally die?
5. What do Amy and Laurie want to use their wealth for?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)