|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jo does what for Professor Bhaer?
(a) cleans his house
(b) teaches him English
(c) mends his clothes and darns his socks
(d) brings him food
2. Laurie and Amy decide what about each other?
(a) They should just be friends.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They don't get along with others.
(d) They love each other.
3. What news do Laurie and Amy give everyone?
(a) They were married six weeks earlier.
(b) They plan to be married in six weeks.
(c) They have been married for three months.
(d) They plan to marry in three months.
4. Who agrees that Jo's separation from Laurie would be good?
(c) Mrs. March
5. Laurie asks Jo if she loves the professor and Jo says what?
(a) I don't know who I love.
(b) We plan to be married next year.
(c) I love him with all my heart.
(d) I haven't the least idea of loving him or anybody else.
6. What does aunt Carrol send to the girls?
(a) a letter
(d) a cake
7. As she reflects on her life, what does Jo say about it?
(a) She is happier than she deserves.
(b) It worked out exactly as planned.
(c) She is disappointed about how things turned out.
(d) Her life was full of surprises.
8. When Jo returns home, she discovers what?
(a) The family is out of money.
(b) Mr. March is dead.
(c) Beth's health is failing.
(d) Marmee is visiting a friend.
9. The girls and their families celebrate which of Mrs. March's birthdays?
(a) her seventieth
(b) her sixtieth
(c) her seventy-fifth
(d) her sixty-fifth
10. When Beth realizes she is dying, how does she take it?
(a) She goes on a trip to France.
(b) She starts to take more chances and be more adventuresome.
(c) She marries quickly.
(d) She faces it the same way she lived her life.
11. Jo finds a note where?
(a) in Laurie's postbox
(b) behind the attic wall
(c) in her trunk
(d) under Beth's bed
12. Jo determines that Beth is sad because of what?
(a) She thinks Beth misses Meg.
(b) She thinks Beth misses Amy
(c) She thinks Beth is in love with Laurie.
(d) She thinks Beth is tired of being too sick to go out.
13. When Jo learns of Laurie and Amy's engagement, what is her reaction?
14. When Jo realizes that Professor Bhaer is probably there to woo her, what is her reaction?
(a) She hates the idea.
(b) She is embarassed in front of her family.
(c) She is confused and asks him for time to think things through.
(d) She likes the idea.
15. Amy tells Laurie that she will probably marry Fred Vaughn because of what?
(a) He is kind.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He is the only one that she thinks will ask her.
(d) He is famous.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jo is walking home in the rain, who covers her with his umbrella?
2. What is the name of the house left to Jo and Professor Bhaer?
3. Amy accepts an offer to do what?
4. Jo begins to write for what publication?
5. The professor and Jo meet for walks for how long?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)