|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
(a) Amy likes him, but Meg does not.
(b) They all welcome him with open arms.
(c) Marmee tells Jo that he would make a good husband for her.
(d) Jo is embarassed by his arrival.
2. What job does Jo plan to take for the winter?
3. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
(a) the seashore
(b) the mountains
(c) the city
(d) the country
4. Laurie appeals to Jo one more time before his trip and she does what?
(a) She says that she loves him too, but can't marry him.
(b) She says that she needs to think things over.
(c) She changes her mind and accepts his marriage proposal.
(d) She declines again.
5. Jo longs to have money and power so she can do what?
(a) move far away
(b) care for her family
(c) get married
(d) get a better job
6. Amy hints to Laurie that he should rejoin whom?
(b) his grandfather
(c) his uncle
(d) his brother
7. What does Beth tell Jo about Beth's health?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She doesn't want to die.
(c) She has accepted that she is dying.
(d) She is not going to die.
8. When Laurie writes to Jo to ask her to return his love, she does what?
(b) suggests that he travel home and ask her in person
(d) travels to Europe to see him in person
9. Jo begins to write for what publication?
(a) The Weekly Flood
(b) The Weekly Tornado
(c) The Weekly Earthquake
(d) The Weekly Volcano
10. What causes Professor Bhaer to finally realize Jo has feelings for him?
(a) Amy tells Professor Bhaer, against Jo's wishes.
(b) Jo tells Laurie, who tells Professor Bhaer.
(c) Jo breaks down in tears.
(d) Jo kisses him.
11. What does Laurie tell Jo about the relationship they have?
(a) He will always wish they had married.
(b) He will love her until the day he dies.
(c) He hates her now.
(d) He will always love her as a sister and Amy as a wife.
12. Jo plans to go where for the winter?
(c) New York
13. What does Jo name her two sons?
(a) Freddy andTeddy
(b) John and Freddy
(c) Rob and John
(d) Rob and Teddy
14. Laurie visits Amy where?
(a) Nice, France
(b) Brussels, Belgium
(c) Paris, France
(d) London, England
15. Jo does what for Professor Bhaer?
(a) mends his clothes and darns his socks
(b) cleans his house
(c) brings him food
(d) teaches him English
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurie extends his stay in Nice with whom?
2. What do Jo and Professor Bhaer use their new house for?
3. What news do Laurie and Amy give everyone?
4. Beth finally tells Jo what secret?
5. Jo feels alone because of what?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)