|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is professor Bhaer's new position?
2. When Laurie realizes that Professor Bhaer is going to ask Jo to marry him, what is his reaction?
(a) He tells Jo that he will always wish it had been him that she'd married.
(b) He tells Jo that he would be happy to see them married.
(c) He tells Amy that he would be happy to see them married.
(d) He tries to stop the proposal.
3. Laurie tells Amy that he is upset because of what?
(a) Jo rejected him.
(b) Jo is ill.
(c) Amy is going to marry Fred.
(d) His grandfather told him not to return home.
4. What news do Laurie and Amy give everyone?
(a) They plan to be married in six weeks.
(b) They have been married for three months.
(c) They plan to marry in three months.
(d) They were married six weeks earlier.
5. Laurie and Amy decide to do what together?
(a) attend a party together
(b) row together on a lake
(c) climb a mountain together
(d) make lunch together
6. Laurie extends his stay in Nice with whom?
(a) Mr. Brooke
(d) Mr. March
7. Mrs. March tells Jo that she is concerned about what?
(a) not having enough money
(b) Jo's career as a writer
(c) Beth's health
(d) not having enough food
8. Jo does what for Professor Bhaer?
(a) cleans his house
(b) mends his clothes and darns his socks
(c) brings him food
(d) teaches him English
9. Where do Amy and Laurie choose to live?
(a) The March family home.
(b) The Laurence family home.
(c) New York
10. What does the note that Jo finds say?
(a) Dear Jo, I love you.
(b) Wait for me, my friend.
(c) Goodbye dear friend.
(d) Wait for me, my love.
11. What does aunt Carrol send to the girls?
(a) a letter
(b) a cake
12. Upon returning home, Laurie insists that he and Jo talk about what?
(a) Professor Bhaer
(b) their future together
(c) Laurie's new job
(d) Jo's new job
13. What does Beth tell Jo about Beth's health?
(a) She is not going to die.
(b) She has accepted that she is dying.
(c) She doesn't want to die.
(d) She is afraid.
14. Laurie visits Amy where?
(a) London, England
(b) Nice, France
(c) Paris, France
(d) Brussels, Belgium
15. Amy declines whose marriage proposal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jo was not selected to go with Aunt Carrol for what reason?
2. At Christmas, Jo and Professor Bhaer do what?
3. What do Jo and Professor Bhaer use their new house for?
4. Beth refuses to go on a trip where?
5. Laurie and Amy do what together?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)