|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laurie tell Jo about the relationship they have?
(a) He will always love her as a sister and Amy as a wife.
(b) He will always wish they had married.
(c) He will love her until the day he dies.
(d) He hates her now.
2. Laurie appeals to Jo one more time before his trip and she does what?
(a) She declines again.
(b) She changes her mind and accepts his marriage proposal.
(c) She says that she loves him too, but can't marry him.
(d) She says that she needs to think things over.
3. Amy tells Laurie that she will probably marry Fred Vaughn because of what?
(a) He is rich.
(b) He is the only one that she thinks will ask her.
(c) He is famous.
(d) He is kind.
4. Jo asks who to help Amy with her flower table?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. March
(b) Laurie and his college friends
(c) Amy and Beth
(d) John and Meg
5. Amy shows Laurie two sketches of whom?
6. Laurie admires what about Amy?
(a) her eyes
(b) her artistic ability
(c) her sense of humor
(d) her beauty and style
7. What do Jo and Professor Bhaer use their new house for?
(a) a home for orphans
(b) a school for girls
(c) a school for boys
(d) a newspaper office
8. Jo refuses to do what until Beth dies?
(a) cut her hair
(b) leave her side
(c) visit her
9. What causes Professor Bhaer to finally realize Jo has feelings for him?
(a) Jo kisses him.
(b) Jo breaks down in tears.
(c) Jo tells Laurie, who tells Professor Bhaer.
(d) Amy tells Professor Bhaer, against Jo's wishes.
10. Who agrees that Jo's separation from Laurie would be good?
(a) Mrs. March
11. Laurie and Amy decide to do what together?
(a) attend a party together
(b) row together on a lake
(c) make lunch together
(d) climb a mountain together
12. The professor and Jo meet for walks for how long?
(a) six months
(b) six weeks
(c) a year
(d) two weeks
13. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
(a) Marmee tells Jo that he would make a good husband for her.
(b) Jo is embarassed by his arrival.
(c) They all welcome him with open arms.
(d) Amy likes him, but Meg does not.
14. What news do Laurie and Amy give everyone?
(a) They plan to marry in three months.
(b) They were married six weeks earlier.
(c) They plan to be married in six weeks.
(d) They have been married for three months.
15. What is Amy's first intention toward Laurie?
(a) to keep house well for him
(b) to cook everything he likes to eat
(c) to help him with his business
(d) to be a good wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note that Jo finds say?
2. Mrs. March does not agree with Jo about what?
3. Jo tells Professor Bhaer that she is not afraid of what?
4. Beth finally tells Jo what secret?
5. What do Amy and Laurie want to use their wealth for?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)