|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laurie appeals to Jo one more time before his trip and she does what?
(a) She changes her mind and accepts his marriage proposal.
(b) She says that she loves him too, but can't marry him.
(c) She says that she needs to think things over.
(d) She declines again.
2. While in Europe, Laurie meets up with whom?
(c) Aunt March
3. Amy tells Laurie that she will probably marry Fred Vaughn because of what?
(a) He is rich.
(b) He is famous.
(c) He is kind.
(d) He is the only one that she thinks will ask her.
4. Beth finally tells Jo what secret?
(a) She truely does love Laurie.
(b) She hid some money under her bed that Jo can have after she is gone.
(c) She loves Jo, no matter how often they've argued in the past.
(d) She saw Laurie's vitality and cried because she knew she was dying.
5. When Laurie says that he loves Jo, Jo does what?
(a) She runs away in tears.
(b) She leaps into his arms.
(c) She says that she does not love him romantically.
(d) She kisses him.
6. At Christmas, Jo and Professor Bhaer do what?
(a) They travel back to the March home for the holidays.
(b) They attend a party together.
(c) They eat a big dinner.
(d) They exchange small gifts.
7. Upon returning home, Laurie insists that he and Jo talk about what?
(a) their future together
(b) Professor Bhaer
(c) Jo's new job
(d) Laurie's new job
8. Mrs. March does not agree with Jo about what?
(a) Beth looking more ill
(b) Beth looking healthier
(c) Beth going on the trip with Jo
(d) Beth being in love with Laurie
9. What occasion does Laurie visit Amy for?
(a) her birthday
(b) his birthday
10. Jo plans to go where for the winter?
(b) New York
11. Who dies and leaves Jo and Professor Bhaer a house?
(a) Aunt Carrol
(b) Mr. Laurence
(c) Aunt March
12. When Laurie writes to Jo to ask her to return his love, she does what?
(c) travels to Europe to see him in person
(d) suggests that he travel home and ask her in person
13. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
(a) the city
(b) the country
(c) the seashore
(d) the mountains
14. What does the note that Jo finds say?
(a) Wait for me, my love.
(b) Goodbye dear friend.
(c) Wait for me, my friend.
(d) Dear Jo, I love you.
15. What is Amy's first intention toward Laurie?
(a) to cook everything he likes to eat
(b) to keep house well for him
(c) to help him with his business
(d) to be a good wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Jo longs to have money and power so she can do what?
2. What does Beth tell Jo about Beth's health?
3. Who returns home, in chapter thirty-eight?
4. Laurie extends his stay in Nice with whom?
5. Beth tries to comfort those around her, though they are upset about what?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)