|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Laurie says that he loves Jo, Jo does what?
(a) She leaps into his arms.
(b) She runs away in tears.
(c) She says that she does not love him romantically.
(d) She kisses him.
2. Who else arrives as the March family celebrate?
(a) Professor Bhaer
(b) Mr. Hummel
(c) Hannah Abbot
(d) Fred Vaughn
3. Professor Bhaer begins to do what for Jo?
(a) pick up her mail
(b) edit her writing
(c) buy her gifts
(d) teach her German
4. Laurie and Amy decide to do what together?
(a) make lunch together
(b) row together on a lake
(c) climb a mountain together
(d) attend a party together
5. Professor Bhaer says that he may visit Jo until what happens?
(a) His nephew dies.
(b) He gets deathly ill.
(c) He falls in love with someone else.
(d) He realizes that Laurie may be more than Jo's friend.
6. Amy declines whose marriage proposal?
7. What does the editor say does not sell in those days?
8. Amy begins to look at Laurie as what?
(a) a good friend
(b) an eligible young man
(c) an older brother figure
(d) an overconfident braggart
9. What does aunt Carrol send to the girls?
(a) a cake
(d) a letter
10. When Jo realizes that Professor Bhaer is probably there to woo her, what is her reaction?
(a) She is confused and asks him for time to think things through.
(b) She hates the idea.
(c) She likes the idea.
(d) She is embarassed in front of her family.
11. Beth finally tells Jo what secret?
(a) She hid some money under her bed that Jo can have after she is gone.
(b) She saw Laurie's vitality and cried because she knew she was dying.
(c) She loves Jo, no matter how often they've argued in the past.
(d) She truely does love Laurie.
12. As she reflects on her life, what does Jo say about it?
(a) Her life was full of surprises.
(b) It worked out exactly as planned.
(c) She is disappointed about how things turned out.
(d) She is happier than she deserves.
13. Jo does what for Professor Bhaer?
(a) teaches him English
(b) mends his clothes and darns his socks
(c) brings him food
(d) cleans his house
14. Amy shows Laurie two sketches of whom?
15. What is the name of the house left to Jo and Professor Bhaer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jo plans to go where for the winter?
2. What is Amy's first intention toward Laurie?
3. Jo begins to write for what publication?
4. The professor and Jo meet for walks for how long?
5. What job does Jo plan to take for the winter?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)