|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jo writes often to her family about whom?
(b) the person she's tutoring
(c) a new friend in the boardinghouse
(d) the person she's keeping house for
2. Jo finds a note where?
(a) in her trunk
(b) under Beth's bed
(c) behind the attic wall
(d) in Laurie's postbox
3. Laurie seems to have lost his sense of what?
4. When Laurie hears that Beth has died, he does what?
(a) travels to be with Amy
(b) writes a letter to Jo
(c) writes a letter to Marmee
(d) travels to be with Jo
5. Jo is distraught when Professor Bhaer does what?
(a) stays away for three days
(b) stays away for three months
(c) begins to take interest in another woman
(d) moves away
6. What news do Laurie and Amy give everyone?
(a) They plan to marry in three months.
(b) They were married six weeks earlier.
(c) They plan to be married in six weeks.
(d) They have been married for three months.
7. As Jo is walking home in the rain, who covers her with his umbrella?
(b) Professor Bhaer
(c) Mr. Hummel
(d) Mr. Laurence
8. Professor Bhaer is from where?
(a) London, England
(b) New York City, New York
(c) Washington DC
(d) Berlin, Germany
9. Jo feels alone because of what?
(a) Marmee is on a trip.
(b) She has argued with Meg.
(c) Laurie is away.
(d) Beth has died.
10. Beth refuses to go on a trip where?
(a) to the ocean
(b) to the mountains
(c) to Washington
(d) to France
11. Beth tries to comfort those around her, though they are upset about what?
(a) Mr. March must go away.
(b) She is dying.
(c) Marmee is sick.
(d) Jo is missing.
12. Who else arrives as the March family celebrate?
(a) Mr. Hummel
(b) Professor Bhaer
(c) Fred Vaughn
(d) Hannah Abbot
13. Mrs. March does not agree with Jo about what?
(a) Beth looking more ill
(b) Beth being in love with Laurie
(c) Beth looking healthier
(d) Beth going on the trip with Jo
14. Jo does what for Professor Bhaer?
(a) mends his clothes and darns his socks
(b) cleans his house
(c) brings him food
(d) teaches him English
15. What is professor Bhaer's new position?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jo prepares to return home, Professor Bhaer gives her what gift?
2. Amy shows Laurie two sketches of whom?
3. Whom does Aunt Carrol want to go abroad with her?
4. What is Amy's first intention toward Laurie?
5. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)