|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laurie asks Jo if she loves the professor and Jo says what?
(a) I love him with all my heart.
(b) We plan to be married next year.
(c) I don't know who I love.
(d) I haven't the least idea of loving him or anybody else.
2. Jo does what for Professor Bhaer?
(a) brings him food
(b) teaches him English
(c) cleans his house
(d) mends his clothes and darns his socks
3. When Jo learns of Laurie and Amy's engagement, what is her reaction?
4. Jo was not selected to go with Aunt Carrol for what reason?
(a) She said that she did not like French on a previous visit with Aunt Carrol.
(b) Aunt Carrol overheard Jo telling Aunt March that she hated Aunt Carrol.
(c) She had to stay home and tend to Beth.
(d) She was too sick to go with Aunt Carrol.
5. Laurie admires what about Amy?
(a) her eyes
(b) her sense of humor
(c) her artistic ability
(d) her beauty and style
6. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
(a) the city
(b) the mountains
(c) the seashore
(d) the country
7. Jo refuses to do what until Beth dies?
(a) visit her
(c) cut her hair
(d) leave her side
8. Mrs. March tells Jo that she is concerned about what?
(a) not having enough money
(b) Jo's career as a writer
(c) not having enough food
(d) Beth's health
9. Jo asks who to help Amy with her flower table?
(a) Amy and Beth
(b) Laurie and his college friends
(c) Mr. and Mrs. March
(d) John and Meg
10. When Laurie realizes that Professor Bhaer is going to ask Jo to marry him, what is his reaction?
(a) He tells Jo that he would be happy to see them married.
(b) He tells Amy that he would be happy to see them married.
(c) He tells Jo that he will always wish it had been him that she'd married.
(d) He tries to stop the proposal.
11. What does Laurie tell Jo about the relationship they have?
(a) He will always wish they had married.
(b) He will love her until the day he dies.
(c) He will always love her as a sister and Amy as a wife.
(d) He hates her now.
12. At Christmas, Jo and Professor Bhaer do what?
(a) They attend a party together.
(b) They travel back to the March home for the holidays.
(c) They exchange small gifts.
(d) They eat a big dinner.
13. What job does Jo plan to take for the winter?
14. Who dies and leaves Jo and Professor Bhaer a house?
(a) Mr. Laurence
(c) Aunt March
(d) Aunt Carrol
15. What is Amy's first intention toward Laurie?
(a) to keep house well for him
(b) to cook everything he likes to eat
(c) to be a good wife
(d) to help him with his business
Short Answer Questions
1. Jo longs to have money and power so she can do what?
2. What do Jo and Professor Bhaer use their new house for?
3. Who is the note that Jo finds from?
4. Beth finally tells Jo what secret?
5. Jo writes often to her family about whom?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)