|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jo refuses to do what until Beth dies?
(a) visit her
(b) leave her side
(d) cut her hair
2. The girls and their families celebrate which of Mrs. March's birthdays?
(a) her seventieth
(b) her sixty-fifth
(c) her seventy-fifth
(d) her sixtieth
3. As she reflects on her life, what does Jo say about it?
(a) It worked out exactly as planned.
(b) Her life was full of surprises.
(c) She is happier than she deserves.
(d) She is disappointed about how things turned out.
4. Who is the note that Jo finds from?
(a) Mr. Brooke
(d) Professor Bhaer
5. Laurie and Amy do what together?
(a) read a book
(b) paint a portrait
(c) have dinner
(d) attend a party
6. When Jo returns home, she discovers what?
(a) Marmee is visiting a friend.
(b) Mr. March is dead.
(c) The family is out of money.
(d) Beth's health is failing.
7. What do Jo and Professor Bhaer use their new house for?
(a) a home for orphans
(b) a newspaper office
(c) a school for boys
(d) a school for girls
8. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
(a) They all welcome him with open arms.
(b) Marmee tells Jo that he would make a good husband for her.
(c) Jo is embarassed by his arrival.
(d) Amy likes him, but Meg does not.
9. Beth tries to comfort those around her, though they are upset about what?
(a) She is dying.
(b) Jo is missing.
(c) Marmee is sick.
(d) Mr. March must go away.
10. Beth refuses to go on a trip where?
(a) to the ocean
(b) to the mountains
(c) to Washington
(d) to France
11. Jo finds a note where?
(a) in her trunk
(b) behind the attic wall
(c) in Laurie's postbox
(d) under Beth's bed
12. Who returns home, in chapter thirty-eight?
(a) Jo, Meg and Amy
(b) Meg and John
(c) Meg and Marmee
(d) Amy, Laurie and Mr. Laurance
13. When Laurie says that he loves Jo, Jo does what?
(a) She leaps into his arms.
(b) She runs away in tears.
(c) She says that she does not love him romantically.
(d) She kisses him.
14. Amy tells Laurie that she will probably marry Fred Vaughn because of what?
(a) He is the only one that she thinks will ask her.
(b) He is kind.
(c) He is famous.
(d) He is rich.
15. As it is time for Laurie to graduate, what happens?
(a) He just barely graduates.
(b) He graduates with honors.
(c) He fails.
(d) He drops out right before graduation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jo feels alone because of what?
2. Jo writes often to her family about whom?
3. Professor Bhaer is from where?
4. Beth does what as she is slowly dying?
5. What does Laurie intend to do to prove that he is not spoiled?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)