|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jo was not selected to go with Aunt Carrol for what reason?
(a) Aunt Carrol overheard Jo telling Aunt March that she hated Aunt Carrol.
(b) She said that she did not like French on a previous visit with Aunt Carrol.
(c) She had to stay home and tend to Beth.
(d) She was too sick to go with Aunt Carrol.
2. Mrs. March tells Jo that she is concerned about what?
(a) not having enough food
(b) Beth's health
(c) Jo's career as a writer
(d) not having enough money
3. Jo tells Professor Bhaer that she is not afraid of what?
(a) poverty or waiting
(b) getting married or moving
(c) getting sick or dying
(d) teaching or public speaking
4. Laurie asks Jo if she loves the professor and Jo says what?
(a) We plan to be married next year.
(b) I haven't the least idea of loving him or anybody else.
(c) I don't know who I love.
(d) I love him with all my heart.
5. When Jo returns home, she discovers what?
(a) The family is out of money.
(b) Beth's health is failing.
(c) Marmee is visiting a friend.
(d) Mr. March is dead.
6. Amy accepts an offer to do what?
(a) act in a play
(b) get married
(c) have a table at a charity event
(d) eat dinner with the Brookes
7. While in Europe, Laurie meets up with whom?
(d) Aunt March
8. What causes Professor Bhaer to finally realize Jo has feelings for him?
(a) Jo breaks down in tears.
(b) Amy tells Professor Bhaer, against Jo's wishes.
(c) Jo tells Laurie, who tells Professor Bhaer.
(d) Jo kisses him.
9. When Laurie hears that Beth has died, he does what?
(a) writes a letter to Jo
(b) writes a letter to Marmee
(c) travels to be with Amy
(d) travels to be with Jo
10. When Jo prepares to return home, Professor Bhaer gives her what gift?
11. Jo begins writing children's stories so she can keep the respect of whom?
(c) Professor Bhaer
12. When Laurie writes to Jo to ask her to return his love, she does what?
(a) suggests that he travel home and ask her in person
(d) travels to Europe to see him in person
13. What do Amy and Laurie want to use their wealth for?
(a) to buy a new home
(b) to take a trip around the world
(c) to pay for a lavish wedding reception
(d) to help those less fortunate
14. Who agrees that Jo's separation from Laurie would be good?
(b) Mrs. March
15. Amy begins to look at Laurie as what?
(a) an older brother figure
(b) an eligible young man
(c) a good friend
(d) an overconfident braggart
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jo is walking home in the rain, who covers her with his umbrella?
2. What is Amy's first intention toward Laurie?
3. Beth does what as she is slowly dying?
4. Jo does what for Professor Bhaer?
5. Where do Amy and Laurie choose to live?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)