|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jo refuses to do what until Beth dies?
(a) visit her
(b) leave her side
(c) cut her hair
2. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
(a) They all welcome him with open arms.
(b) Amy likes him, but Meg does not.
(c) Marmee tells Jo that he would make a good husband for her.
(d) Jo is embarassed by his arrival.
3. Laurie tells Amy that he is upset because of what?
(a) Jo is ill.
(b) His grandfather told him not to return home.
(c) Jo rejected him.
(d) Amy is going to marry Fred.
4. Beth does what as she is slowly dying?
(a) She stays in bed.
(b) She lets everyone treat her like a princess.
(c) She keeps busy helping others.
(d) She writes a will.
5. Jo begins writing children's stories so she can keep the respect of whom?
(a) Professor Bhaer
6. When Beth realizes she is dying, how does she take it?
(a) She marries quickly.
(b) She starts to take more chances and be more adventuresome.
(c) She faces it the same way she lived her life.
(d) She goes on a trip to France.
7. What do Amy and Laurie want to use their wealth for?
(a) to pay for a lavish wedding reception
(b) to buy a new home
(c) to help those less fortunate
(d) to take a trip around the world
8. What does Laurie tell Jo about the relationship they have?
(a) He will always wish they had married.
(b) He will always love her as a sister and Amy as a wife.
(c) He hates her now.
(d) He will love her until the day he dies.
9. While in Europe, Laurie meets up with whom?
(a) Aunt March
10. Amy shows Laurie two sketches of whom?
11. Jo was not selected to go with Aunt Carrol for what reason?
(a) Aunt Carrol overheard Jo telling Aunt March that she hated Aunt Carrol.
(b) She said that she did not like French on a previous visit with Aunt Carrol.
(c) She was too sick to go with Aunt Carrol.
(d) She had to stay home and tend to Beth.
12. When Laurie realizes that Professor Bhaer is going to ask Jo to marry him, what is his reaction?
(a) He tells Jo that he would be happy to see them married.
(b) He tells Amy that he would be happy to see them married.
(c) He tells Jo that he will always wish it had been him that she'd married.
(d) He tries to stop the proposal.
13. Beth asks Jo if they can go where, instead of the place Jo suggests?
(a) the seashore
(b) the mountains
(c) the country
(d) the city
14. Amy declines whose marriage proposal?
15. Amy tells Laurie that she will probably marry Fred Vaughn because of what?
(a) He is rich.
(b) He is the only one that she thinks will ask her.
(c) He is famous.
(d) He is kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurie visits Amy where?
2. What news do Laurie and Amy give everyone?
3. Laurie extends his stay in Nice with whom?
4. Amy puts her insecurities about Laurie's affection to rest after what happens?
5. Laurie and Amy decide what about each other?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)