|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occasion does Laurie visit Amy for?
(a) her birthday
(b) his birthday
2. When does Beth finally die?
(a) at Christmas
(b) on Thanksgiving Day
(c) at dawn
(d) in the night
3. Jo refuses to do what until Beth dies?
(a) visit her
(b) leave her side
(d) cut her hair
4. Jo is distraught when Professor Bhaer does what?
(a) moves away
(b) stays away for three days
(c) begins to take interest in another woman
(d) stays away for three months
5. What causes Professor Bhaer to finally realize Jo has feelings for him?
(a) Jo breaks down in tears.
(b) Jo kisses him.
(c) Jo tells Laurie, who tells Professor Bhaer.
(d) Amy tells Professor Bhaer, against Jo's wishes.
6. As Jo is walking home in the rain, who covers her with his umbrella?
(a) Mr. Laurence
(b) Mr. Hummel
(d) Professor Bhaer
7. Mrs. March does not agree with Jo about what?
(a) Beth being in love with Laurie
(b) Beth looking healthier
(c) Beth looking more ill
(d) Beth going on the trip with Jo
8. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
(a) Amy likes him, but Meg does not.
(b) They all welcome him with open arms.
(c) Jo is embarassed by his arrival.
(d) Marmee tells Jo that he would make a good husband for her.
9. What is Amy's first intention toward Laurie?
(a) to be a good wife
(b) to help him with his business
(c) to keep house well for him
(d) to cook everything he likes to eat
10. Amy hints to Laurie that he should rejoin whom?
(a) his grandfather
(b) his uncle
(d) his brother
11. Laurie and Amy decide to do what together?
(a) row together on a lake
(b) climb a mountain together
(c) make lunch together
(d) attend a party together
12. When Laurie hears that Beth has died, he does what?
(a) travels to be with Jo
(b) writes a letter to Marmee
(c) travels to be with Amy
(d) writes a letter to Jo
13. What does Laurie intend to do to prove that he is not spoiled?
(a) go into business
(b) give money to the less fortunate
(c) give food and clothes to the less fortunate
(d) let Amy have her way in an arguement
14. Professor Bhaer is caring for whom?
(a) his two orphaned nephews
(b) his aging parents
(c) his two orphaned nieces
(d) his ailing sister
15. Amy puts her insecurities about Laurie's affection to rest after what happens?
(a) Amy and Laurie move to England
(b) Jo moves to France
(c) Jo tells Amy that there's nothing to worry about.
(d) Laurie says he's happy for Professor Bhaer and Jo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else arrives as the March family celebrate?
2. When Jo prepares to return home, Professor Bhaer gives her what gift?
3. Jo was not selected to go with Aunt Carrol for what reason?
4. Beth finally tells Jo what secret?
5. Laurie admires what about Amy?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)