|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laurie asks Jo if she loves the professor and Jo says what?
(a) I haven't the least idea of loving him or anybody else.
(b) I love him with all my heart.
(c) I don't know who I love.
(d) We plan to be married next year.
2. What does Laurie tell Jo about the relationship they have?
(a) He will always wish they had married.
(b) He will love her until the day he dies.
(c) He hates her now.
(d) He will always love her as a sister and Amy as a wife.
3. The family prepares for what event?
(a) Beth's impending death
(b) Jo's marriage
(c) Meg and John's divorce
(d) selling their home
4. Laurie and Amy do what together?
(a) read a book
(b) attend a party
(c) have dinner
(d) paint a portrait
5. Jo determines that Beth is sad because of what?
(a) She thinks Beth is tired of being too sick to go out.
(b) She thinks Beth is in love with Laurie.
(c) She thinks Beth misses Meg.
(d) She thinks Beth misses Amy
6. Beth refuses to go on a trip where?
(a) to the ocean
(b) to Washington
(c) to the mountains
(d) to France
7. How does the March family react to Professor Bhaer?
(a) Marmee tells Jo that he would make a good husband for her.
(b) Amy likes him, but Meg does not.
(c) They all welcome him with open arms.
(d) Jo is embarassed by his arrival.
8. The girls and their families celebrate which of Mrs. March's birthdays?
(a) her sixty-fifth
(b) her seventieth
(c) her sixtieth
(d) her seventy-fifth
9. Jo writes often to her family about whom?
(a) the person she's tutoring
(b) the person she's keeping house for
(c) a new friend in the boardinghouse
10. Who cares for Beth as she is dying?
11. The professor and Jo meet for walks for how long?
(a) a year
(b) six weeks
(c) six months
(d) two weeks
12. Jo feels alone because of what?
(a) She has argued with Meg.
(b) Beth has died.
(c) Marmee is on a trip.
(d) Laurie is away.
13. What does Jo name her two sons?
(a) Freddy andTeddy
(b) John and Freddy
(c) Rob and Teddy
(d) Rob and John
14. Mrs. March does not agree with Jo about what?
(a) Beth going on the trip with Jo
(b) Beth being in love with Laurie
(c) Beth looking healthier
(d) Beth looking more ill
15. Laurie tells Amy that he is upset because of what?
(a) Jo rejected him.
(b) Amy is going to marry Fred.
(c) His grandfather told him not to return home.
(d) Jo is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jo learns of Laurie and Amy's engagement, what is her reaction?
2. Jo was not selected to go with Aunt Carrol for what reason?
3. At Christmas, Jo and Professor Bhaer do what?
4. Mrs. March tells Jo that she is concerned about what?
5. Beth finally tells Jo what secret?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)