|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jo's dress that causes her to be extra shy at the party?
(a) It gets stepped on.
(b) It gets stained.
(c) It gets burned.
(d) It gets ripped.
2. Jo expects Meg to reject Mr. Brooke's proposal, but, instead, she sees what happen?
(a) Meg hugs Mr. Brooke.
(b) Meg and Mr. Brooke walk off holding hands.
(c) Meg kisses Mr. Brooke.
(d) Meg sits on Mr. Brooke's knee.
3. Who writes a note allegedly from Mr. Brooke to Meg?
4. How many stories does Jo tell Laurie she's submitted for publication?
5. In chapter twenty-four, Jo devotes herself to doing what?
(a) caring for Beth
(b) marrying Laurie
(c) caring for Mr. March
(d) writing a novel
6. Amy asks the family to do what about the party?
(a) Never speak of the party again.
(b) Invite the party guests to stay longer.
(c) Ask the party guests to leave early because Amy is ill.
(d) Host another party next year.
7. A rumor is circulating that Mrs. March wants to arrange a match between Laurie and who?
8. Who does Jo meet, while trying to avoid the crowds at the party?
(a) Thomas Harrison
(b) Theodore Laurence
(c) Harold Harvey
(d) Hannah Abbot
9. Who makes breakfast while Marmee is taking a day off?
(a) Meg and Jo
(b) Jo and Laurie
(c) Amy and Jo
(d) Beth and Amy
10. A baby dies of what?
(b) yellow fever
(d) scarlet fever
11. When Mr. and Mrs. March find out that Mr. Brooke wants to court Meg, they say what?
(a) Meg can marry when she turns twenty.
(b) Meg can marry immediately.
(c) Meg cannot Marry Mr. Brooke at all.
(d) Meg can Marry Mr. Brooke in a year.
12. What happens during Mr. and Mrs. Brooke's dinner?
(a) They have an unexpected guest.
(b) Meg gets ill.
(c) The roast burns.
(d) Meg spills milk on the table.
13. Amy gets punished for bringing what to school?
14. Jo's novel finally sells for what amount?
15. After the holidays Meg gets a job as what?
(a) a governess
(b) a cook
(c) a seamstress
(d) a teacher
Short Answer Questions
1. How many social calls do the girls go on?
2. As chapter nineteen opens, the March family is preparing to do what?
3. On the day of Amy's planned event, what happens?
4. Left alone in the library, Jo studies what?
5. Laurie and Jo go to a nearby river to do what?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)