|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the girls pay their visit to Aunt March, who else is present?
(a) Aunt Abigail
(b) Aunt Carrol
(c) Aunt Beatrice
(d) Aunt Lucy
2. Laurie plays a prank in order to do what?
(a) get even with Jo for a prank she played
(b) get a secret out of Jo
(c) get a secret out of Meg
(d) get even with Amy for a prank she played
3. Meg and Jo are invited to a New Year's party where?
(a) The Smith home
(b) The Laurence home
(c) The Gardiner home
(d) The Bradford home
4. The March's receive a telegram saying what?
(a) Mr. March is dead.
(b) Mr. March is very ill.
(c) Mr. March is missing.
(d) Mr. March is coming home.
5. Who is upset about the idea that Meg might marry Mr. Brooke?
6. As summer arrives, Marmee gives Amy and Beth what?
(a) new dresses
(b) extra lessons to keep them busy
(c) new dolls
(d) a week off from studies
7. Who signs Amy's will as a witness?
8. What is the name of Aunt March's maid?
9. Jo tells her aunts that she is against what?
(a) learning to ride a horse
(b) visiting other states
(c) learning other languages
(d) visiting other countries
10. Who is Marmee?
(a) the mother
(b) the servant girl
(c) the neighbor
(d) the dog
11. After a baby dies in her arms, who becomes deathly ill herself?
12. Laurie starts what in the garden?
(a) a game of croquet
(b) a dance
(c) a picnic lunch
(d) singing songs
13. What does the breakfast consist of while Marmee is taking her day off?
(a) scorched eggs and bitter tea
(b) dry toast and bitter tea
(c) scorched bacon and eggs
(d) bad coffee and dry toast
14. Who writes a note allegedly from Mr. Brooke to Meg?
15. Who tells Meg that they are not impressed by her "fuss and feathers" at the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurie does what during one of the girl's club meetings?
2. Mr. and Mrs. Brooke have their first argument about what silly thing?
3. What secret does Laurie tell Jo?
4. How long has passed since the last time we saw the March girls?
5. As chapter nineteen opens, the March family is preparing to do what?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)