|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Jo to make social calls with her?
2. Where is Meg's wedding held?
(a) at Aunt March's house
(b) in the March home
(c) in a church
(d) outside at Longmeadow
3. On the third social call, the girls pay a visit to whom?
(a) Mr. Turner
(b) Mr. Tudor
(c) Mr. Tucker
(d) Mr. Thomas
4. After a baby dies in her arms, who becomes deathly ill herself?
5. What is the name of the story that Jo has published?
(a) The Rival Hunters
(b) The Spread Eagle
(c) The Rival Painters
(d) The Golden Eagle
6. Jo uses the money she makes to send who on vacation?
(a) Beth and Amy
(b) herself and Laurie
(c) Amy and Meg
(d) Marmee and Beth
7. What is the name of the family's long time domestic servant?
8. Who tells Meg that they are not impressed by her "fuss and feathers" at the party?
9. Who does Jo catch cheating at croquet?
10. What does each girl find under her pillow one Christmas morning?
(a) some money
(b) some candy
(c) a note
(d) a book
11. On the day of Amy's planned event, what happens?
(a) Amy becomes too ill to host the event.
(b) Nobody shows up for the event.
(c) The event is a complete success.
(d) The event is postponed due to rain.
12. What does Jo now spend her time doing?
(a) caring for Beth
(b) caring for Aunt March
(c) housekeeping for Mr. Brooke
(d) writing romance novels
13. What is the last name of the family that the girls give their Christmas breakfast to?
14. In chapter twenty-four, Jo devotes herself to doing what?
(a) marrying Laurie
(b) caring for Beth
(c) writing a novel
(d) caring for Mr. March
15. Marmee tells a tale at dinner about meeting a man who had four sons in the war, but two of them did what?
(a) came home safe
(b) got sick
(c) got seriously injured
Short Answer Questions
1. Jo receives a letter from Marmee praising her for what?
2. What instrument does Mr. Laurence use to convince Beth to visit more often?
3. Marmee and Mr. Brooke go where?
4. Laurie and Jo go to a nearby river to do what?
5. Who writes a note allegedly from Mr. Brooke to Meg?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)