|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has passed since the last time we saw the March girls?
(a) 13 years
(b) 15 years
(c) 3 years
(d) 10 years
2. A baby dies of what?
(a) yellow fever
(b) scarlet fever
3. On the day of Amy's planned event, what happens?
(a) Amy becomes too ill to host the event.
(b) The event is postponed due to rain.
(c) The event is a complete success.
(d) Nobody shows up for the event.
4. Who arrives and interrupts a conversation between Meg and Mr. Brooke?
(a) Aunt March
(d) Mr. March
5. After the holidays Meg gets a job as what?
(a) a governess
(b) a teacher
(c) a seamstress
(d) a cook
6. Due to Laurie's prank, what happens?
(a) Laurie learns that Mr. Brooke and Meg are in love.
(b) Meg learns that Mr. Brooke wants to marry her.
(c) Meg learns that Mr. Brooke is moving away.
(d) Mr. Brooke learns that Meg is in love with him.
7. When the girls pay their visit to Aunt March, who else is present?
(a) Aunt Carrol
(b) Aunt Lucy
(c) Aunt Beatrice
(d) Aunt Abigail
8. Laurie and Jo go to a nearby river to do what?
(d) talk privately
9. Marmee receives a letter from her husband, who is where?
(a) serving in the army
(b) in the hospital
(c) visiting his brother
(d) visiting a friend
10. As summer arrives, Marmee gives Amy and Beth what?
(a) a week off from studies
(b) new dresses
(c) new dolls
(d) extra lessons to keep them busy
11. What is the last name of the family that the girls give their Christmas breakfast to?
12. Of the following, who does not attend the picnic at Longmeadow?
(a) Mr. Brooke
13. To get even with Jo for not letting her go to a play, Amy does what?
(a) She rips Jo's dress.
(b) She throws Jo's favorite doll away.
(c) She burns Jo's manuscript.
(d) She tells everyone a bad rumor about Jo.
14. At dinnertime, Beth tells the family about seeing Mr. Laurence buy what at the market?
(a) a bouquet of flowers
(b) a fish
(c) a melon
(d) a watch
15. What instrument does Mr. Laurence use to convince Beth to visit more often?
Short Answer Questions
1. A rumor is circulating that Mrs. March wants to arrange a match between Laurie and who?
2. Marmee and Mr. Brooke go where?
3. Jo receives a letter from Marmee praising her for what?
4. As chapter nineteen opens, the March family is preparing to do what?
5. Jo's novel finally sells for what amount?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)