|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To thank Mr. Laurence for being so kind, Beth makes him what?
(a) a cake
(c) a blanket
2. How many social calls do the girls go on?
3. How is Amy punished at school?
(a) She is expelled.
(b) Her hands are slapped.
(c) She gets detained after school.
(d) She has to write lines.
4. Laurie does what during one of the girl's club meetings?
(a) He hides under the bed.
(b) He steps out of the closet.
(c) He knocks on the door.
(d) He throws a stone at the window.
5. Jo receives a letter from Marmee praising her for what?
(a) controlling her anger
(b) appreciating her sisters
(c) helping Amy with her sewing
(d) helping Beth cook
6. Meg gives birth after the Brookes have been married for how long?
(a) a year
(b) five years
(c) seven years
(d) three years
7. Who did the girls visit on their final social call?
(c) Aunt March
8. A rumor is circulating that Mrs. March wants to arrange a match between Laurie and who?
9. Who tells Meg that they are not impressed by her "fuss and feathers" at the party?
10. At dinnertime, Beth tells the family about seeing Mr. Laurence buy what at the market?
(a) a fish
(b) a bouquet of flowers
(c) a watch
(d) a melon
11. The March's receive a telegram saying what?
(a) Mr. March is very ill.
(b) Mr. March is dead.
(c) Mr. March is missing.
(d) Mr. March is coming home.
12. Who does Jo catch cheating at croquet?
13. Amy receives what sort of lessons from Aunt March?
14. What is the name of Aunt March's maid?
15. Due to Laurie's prank, what happens?
(a) Meg learns that Mr. Brooke wants to marry her.
(b) Mr. Brooke learns that Meg is in love with him.
(c) Meg learns that Mr. Brooke is moving away.
(d) Laurie learns that Mr. Brooke and Meg are in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. The March girls' names are Meg, Beth, Amy, and what?
2. After a baby dies in her arms, who becomes deathly ill herself?
3. The girls create a secret society with what characters based on what?
4. Jo submits a story to a writing contest and wins how much prize money?
5. Jo does what to raise money for a trip?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)