|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a baby dies in her arms, who becomes deathly ill herself?
2. Mr. and Mrs. Brooke have their first argument about what silly thing?
(a) what to have for dinner
(b) a jam incident
(c) a newspaper article
(d) a dress that Meg wants
3. Jo submits a story to a writing contest and wins how much prize money?
4. After the holidays Meg gets a job as what?
(a) a cook
(b) a governess
(c) a seamstress
(d) a teacher
5. Who are the least enthusiastic about Amy's party?
(a) Marmee and Beth
(b) Hannah and Laurie
(c) Jo and Hannah
(d) Jo and Laurie
6. Who arrives and surprises the girls?
(a) Mr. March
(c) Mrs. March
7. How many stories does Jo tell Laurie she's submitted for publication?
8. What gift does Jo get that she has been wanting for a year?
(a) a hat
(b) a book
(c) a dress
(d) some shoes
9. Marmee and Mr. Brooke go where?
(c) New York
10. Left alone in the library, Jo studies what?
(a) a paper on the desk
(b) a portrait of Mr. Laurence
(c) a portrait of Laurie
(d) a book
11. What is the last name of the family that the girls give their Christmas breakfast to?
12. To thank Mr. Laurence for being so kind, Beth makes him what?
(a) a cake
(b) a blanket
13. Marmee tells a tale at dinner about meeting a man who had four sons in the war, but two of them did what?
(a) got sick
(b) came home safe
(c) got seriously injured
14. Jo uses the money she makes to send who on vacation?
(a) Amy and Meg
(b) Marmee and Beth
(c) herself and Laurie
(d) Beth and Amy
15. To get even with Jo for not letting her go to a play, Amy does what?
(a) She tells everyone a bad rumor about Jo.
(b) She throws Jo's favorite doll away.
(c) She burns Jo's manuscript.
(d) She rips Jo's dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Aunt March's maid?
2. Who does Jo catch cheating at croquet?
3. A rumor is circulating that Mrs. March wants to arrange a match between Laurie and who?
4. Chapter 25 updates us on life where?
5. Amy receives what sort of lessons from Aunt March?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)