|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Laurie tell Jo?
(a) He saw Mr. Brooke kiss Meg.
(b) He saw Mr. Brooke carrying Meg's glove.
(c) He saw Mr. Brooke watching Meg.
(d) He found a letter that Mr. Brook wrote to Meg.
2. After the holidays Meg gets a job as what?
(a) a teacher
(b) a seamstress
(c) a governess
(d) a cook
3. Laurie has not been out since the party because of what?
(a) The weather was too bad.
(b) He had to study.
(c) Mr. Laurence made him stay in.
(d) He had a cold.
4. Jo submits a story to a writing contest and wins how much prize money?
5. Who is upset about the idea that Meg might marry Mr. Brooke?
6. At dinnertime, Beth tells the family about seeing Mr. Laurence buy what at the market?
(a) a melon
(b) a bouquet of flowers
(c) a fish
(d) a watch
7. The March's receive a telegram saying what?
(a) Mr. March is missing.
(b) Mr. March is very ill.
(c) Mr. March is coming home.
(d) Mr. March is dead.
8. On the day of Amy's planned event, what happens?
(a) The event is a complete success.
(b) Amy becomes too ill to host the event.
(c) Nobody shows up for the event.
(d) The event is postponed due to rain.
9. Laurie plays a prank in order to do what?
(a) get a secret out of Meg
(b) get a secret out of Jo
(c) get even with Amy for a prank she played
(d) get even with Jo for a prank she played
10. Jo goes to the Laurence house and does what unusual thing to get Laurie to let her in?
(a) throws a snowball at his window
(b) yells at his window
(c) knocks on his window
(d) throws a small stone at his window
11. Who are the least enthusiastic about Amy's party?
(a) Hannah and Laurie
(b) Jo and Hannah
(c) Marmee and Beth
(d) Jo and Laurie
12. Jo receives a letter from Marmee praising her for what?
(a) helping Beth cook
(b) appreciating her sisters
(c) helping Amy with her sewing
(d) controlling her anger
13. How many stories does Jo tell Laurie she's submitted for publication?
14. What is the last name of the family that the girls give their Christmas breakfast to?
15. Marmee tells a tale at dinner about meeting a man who had four sons in the war, but two of them did what?
(a) came home safe
(b) got sick
(c) got seriously injured
Short Answer Questions
1. Jo does what to raise money for a trip?
2. Why does Amy want to wear a ring?
3. How many guests arrive for Amy's party?
4. Who asks Jo to make social calls with her?
5. As summer arrives, Marmee gives Amy and Beth what?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)