|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laurie does what during one of the girl's club meetings?
(a) He knocks on the door.
(b) He hides under the bed.
(c) He throws a stone at the window.
(d) He steps out of the closet.
2. What does each girl find under her pillow one Christmas morning?
(a) some candy
(b) some money
(c) a note
(d) a book
3. Laurie tells Jo that one of his college friends is smitten with whom?
4. Jo tells her aunts that she is against what?
(a) learning other languages
(b) learning to ride a horse
(c) visiting other states
(d) visiting other countries
5. Who tells Meg that they are not impressed by her "fuss and feathers" at the party?
6. Jo submits a story to a writing contest and wins how much prize money?
7. Mr. March tells Jo what about her writing?
(a) She should not write for a living.
(b) Her writing is perfect just the way it is.
(c) She should write a novel.
(d) She can do better than writing such popular tales.
8. Marmee tells a tale at dinner about meeting a man who had four sons in the war, but two of them did what?
(a) got seriously injured
(b) came home safe
(c) got sick
9. What gift does Jo get that she has been wanting for a year?
(a) some shoes
(b) a book
(c) a hat
(d) a dress
10. On the third social call, the girls pay a visit to whom?
(a) Mr. Thomas
(b) Mr. Tudor
(c) Mr. Turner
(d) Mr. Tucker
11. Chapter 25 updates us on life where?
(a) at the Dovecote
(b) at the March home
(c) at Longmeadow
(d) in Washington
12. Laurie starts what in the garden?
(a) singing songs
(b) a picnic lunch
(c) a game of croquet
(d) a dance
13. Amy gets punished for bringing what to school?
14. What does Jo now spend her time doing?
(a) caring for Aunt March
(b) housekeeping for Mr. Brooke
(c) caring for Beth
(d) writing romance novels
15. Mr. Brooke comes to the house to retrieve what?
(a) his hat
(b) his book
(c) his coat
(d) his umbrella
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter twenty-four, Jo devotes herself to doing what?
2. Meg is invited to whose house for two weeks?
3. How long has passed since the last time we saw the March girls?
4. Where is Meg's wedding held?
5. How many social calls do the girls go on?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)