|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Laurence gives Beth a gift that originally belonged to whom?
(a) his grandson
(b) his daughter
(c) his wife
(d) his granddaughter
2. Laurie does what during one of the girl's club meetings?
(a) He throws a stone at the window.
(b) He knocks on the door.
(c) He steps out of the closet.
(d) He hides under the bed.
3. Who did the girls visit on their final social call?
(d) Aunt March
4. On the third social call, the girls pay a visit to whom?
(a) Mr. Tucker
(b) Mr. Tudor
(c) Mr. Thomas
(d) Mr. Turner
5. At dinnertime, Beth tells the family about seeing Mr. Laurence buy what at the market?
(a) a melon
(b) a fish
(c) a watch
(d) a bouquet of flowers
6. How is Amy punished at school?
(a) She has to write lines.
(b) She is expelled.
(c) She gets detained after school.
(d) Her hands are slapped.
7. Laurie tells Jo that one of his college friends is smitten with whom?
8. What does each girl find under her pillow one Christmas morning?
(a) a note
(b) some candy
(c) some money
(d) a book
9. How many social calls do the girls go on?
10. Who writes a note allegedly from Mr. Brooke to Meg?
11. Who marries the couple?
(a) Mr. Hummel
(d) Mr. March
12. What is the name of Aunt March's maid?
13. What does Jo now spend her time doing?
(a) writing romance novels
(b) caring for Beth
(c) caring for Aunt March
(d) housekeeping for Mr. Brooke
14. Where is Meg's wedding held?
(a) outside at Longmeadow
(b) in a church
(c) at Aunt March's house
(d) in the March home
15. Left alone in the library, Jo studies what?
(a) a portrait of Mr. Laurence
(b) a paper on the desk
(c) a portrait of Laurie
(d) a book
Short Answer Questions
1. The March girls' names are Meg, Beth, Amy, and what?
2. Amy follows Jo and Laurie to the river and does what?
3. Amy asks the family to do what about the party?
4. Meg is invited to whose house for two weeks?
5. What gift does Jo get that she has been wanting for a year?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)