|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amy want to wear a ring?
(a) to remind her of Laurie
(b) to remind her not to get angry
(c) to remind her of Jo
(d) to remind her not to be selfish
2. Mr. Brooke comes to the house to retrieve what?
(a) his coat
(b) his book
(c) his hat
(d) his umbrella
3. Who writes a note allegedly from Mr. Brooke to Meg?
4. What happens to Jo's dress that causes her to be extra shy at the party?
(a) It gets stained.
(b) It gets stepped on.
(c) It gets ripped.
(d) It gets burned.
5. How is Amy punished at school?
(a) She gets detained after school.
(b) She is expelled.
(c) She has to write lines.
(d) Her hands are slapped.
6. After brutal editing, Jo finally has what published?
(a) a newspaper article
(b) a short story
(c) her first novel
(d) her second novel
7. Mr. March tells Jo what about her writing?
(a) She should write a novel.
(b) Her writing is perfect just the way it is.
(c) She should not write for a living.
(d) She can do better than writing such popular tales.
8. Left alone in the library, Jo studies what?
(a) a portrait of Mr. Laurence
(b) a portrait of Laurie
(c) a book
(d) a paper on the desk
9. Laurie has not been out since the party because of what?
(a) He had to study.
(b) He had a cold.
(c) The weather was too bad.
(d) Mr. Laurence made him stay in.
10. Meg gives birth to twins and the girl's name is what?
11. What does each girl find under her pillow one Christmas morning?
(a) some candy
(b) some money
(c) a note
(d) a book
12. As summer arrives, Marmee gives Amy and Beth what?
(a) new dresses
(b) a week off from studies
(c) extra lessons to keep them busy
(d) new dolls
13. Who gets Amy in trouble at school?
(a) Jenny Snow
(b) Jenny Smith
(c) Jessica Snow
(d) Jessica White
14. Jo tells her aunts that she is against what?
(a) visiting other countries
(b) learning other languages
(c) visiting other states
(d) learning to ride a horse
15. Laurie plays a prank in order to do what?
(a) get even with Amy for a prank she played
(b) get even with Jo for a prank she played
(c) get a secret out of Meg
(d) get a secret out of Jo
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter twenty-four, Jo devotes herself to doing what?
2. What instrument does Mr. Laurence use to convince Beth to visit more often?
3. A baby dies of what?
4. Who did the girls visit on their final social call?
5. Who is sent to Aunt March's house?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)