|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jo does what to raise money for a trip?
(a) sells eggs
(b) sells her hair
(c) gets a housekeeping job
(d) gets a job as a cook
2. Marmee and Mr. Brooke go where?
(d) New York
3. What does the breakfast consist of while Marmee is taking her day off?
(a) dry toast and bitter tea
(b) bad coffee and dry toast
(c) scorched eggs and bitter tea
(d) scorched bacon and eggs
4. Laurie and Jo go to a nearby river to do what?
(d) talk privately
5. Laurie does what during one of the girl's club meetings?
(a) He knocks on the door.
(b) He steps out of the closet.
(c) He hides under the bed.
(d) He throws a stone at the window.
6. Of the following, who does not attend the picnic at Longmeadow?
(a) Mr. Brooke
7. Why does Amy want to wear a ring?
(a) to remind her of Laurie
(b) to remind her not to be selfish
(c) to remind her not to get angry
(d) to remind her of Jo
8. After brutal editing, Jo finally has what published?
(a) a newspaper article
(b) her second novel
(c) her first novel
(d) a short story
9. Meg gives birth after the Brookes have been married for how long?
(a) a year
(b) five years
(c) three years
(d) seven years
10. A rumor is circulating that Mrs. March wants to arrange a match between Laurie and who?
11. What gift does Jo get that she has been wanting for a year?
(a) a dress
(b) a book
(c) some shoes
(d) a hat
12. What is the name of Aunt March's maid?
13. Mr. and Mrs. Brooke have their first argument about what silly thing?
(a) a newspaper article
(b) a jam incident
(c) a dress that Meg wants
(d) what to have for dinner
14. As chapter nineteen opens, the March family is preparing to do what?
(a) go toa concert
(b) go on a trip
(c) celebrate Christmas
(d) celebrate Easter
15. Marmee tells a tale at dinner about meeting a man who had four sons in the war, but two of them did what?
(a) got sick
(c) got seriously injured
(d) came home safe
Short Answer Questions
1. When Meg gives birth to twins, they decide to name the boy what?
2. Who does Jo catch cheating at croquet?
3. Laurie has not been out since the party because of what?
4. What does Jo now spend her time doing?
5. Jo receives a letter from Marmee praising her for what?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)