|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As chapter nineteen opens, the March family is preparing to do what?
(a) celebrate Easter
(b) celebrate Christmas
(c) go on a trip
(d) go toa concert
2. Left alone in the library, Jo studies what?
(a) a portrait of Mr. Laurence
(b) a paper on the desk
(c) a portrait of Laurie
(d) a book
3. What gift does Jo get that she has been wanting for a year?
(a) a book
(b) some shoes
(c) a dress
(d) a hat
4. Mr. Laurence gives Beth a gift that originally belonged to whom?
(a) his granddaughter
(b) his wife
(c) his daughter
(d) his grandson
5. Jo's novel finally sells for what amount?
6. Chapter 25 updates us on life where?
(a) at the Dovecote
(b) in Washington
(c) at Longmeadow
(d) at the March home
7. Who did the girls visit on their final social call?
(a) Aunt March
8. Amy asks the family to do what about the party?
(a) Never speak of the party again.
(b) Invite the party guests to stay longer.
(c) Ask the party guests to leave early because Amy is ill.
(d) Host another party next year.
9. How many guests arrive for Amy's party?
10. Who arrives and interrupts a conversation between Meg and Mr. Brooke?
(a) Mr. March
(b) Aunt March
11. Who is sent to Aunt March's house?
12. Where is Meg's wedding held?
(a) at Aunt March's house
(b) in the March home
(c) in a church
(d) outside at Longmeadow
13. Laurie plays a prank in order to do what?
(a) get even with Amy for a prank she played
(b) get a secret out of Meg
(c) get a secret out of Jo
(d) get even with Jo for a prank she played
14. Who do the girls decide to allow in the club?
15. Amy wants to have a gathering of her friends, which she calls what?
(a) artists picnic
(b) art appreciation meeting
(c) artistic fete
(d) artists gathering
Short Answer Questions
1. Jo does what to raise money for a trip?
2. Laurie has not been out since the party because of what?
3. How many stories does Jo tell Laurie she's submitted for publication?
4. What instrument does Mr. Laurence use to convince Beth to visit more often?
5. What does the breakfast consist of while Marmee is taking her day off?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)