|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has passed since the last time we saw the March girls?
(a) 3 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 13 years
(d) 15 years
2. On the third social call, the girls pay a visit to whom?
(a) Mr. Turner
(b) Mr. Tucker
(c) Mr. Thomas
(d) Mr. Tudor
3. After brutal editing, Jo finally has what published?
(a) a newspaper article
(b) her second novel
(c) a short story
(d) her first novel
4. Mr. March tells Jo what about her writing?
(a) She can do better than writing such popular tales.
(b) She should write a novel.
(c) Her writing is perfect just the way it is.
(d) She should not write for a living.
5. A rumor is circulating that Mrs. March wants to arrange a match between Laurie and who?
6. Who asks Jo to make social calls with her?
7. Who are the least enthusiastic about Amy's party?
(a) Marmee and Beth
(b) Jo and Laurie
(c) Jo and Hannah
(d) Hannah and Laurie
8. How is Amy punished at school?
(a) Her hands are slapped.
(b) She is expelled.
(c) She gets detained after school.
(d) She has to write lines.
9. In chapter twenty-four, Jo devotes herself to doing what?
(a) marrying Laurie
(b) caring for Mr. March
(c) writing a novel
(d) caring for Beth
10. When the girls pay their visit to Aunt March, who else is present?
(a) Aunt Carrol
(b) Aunt Lucy
(c) Aunt Abigail
(d) Aunt Beatrice
11. Marmee receives a letter from her husband, who is where?
(a) serving in the army
(b) visiting his brother
(c) in the hospital
(d) visiting a friend
12. What happens during Mr. and Mrs. Brooke's dinner?
(a) Meg gets ill.
(b) They have an unexpected guest.
(c) The roast burns.
(d) Meg spills milk on the table.
13. Mr. and Mrs. Brooke have their first argument about what silly thing?
(a) a newspaper article
(b) a dress that Meg wants
(c) a jam incident
(d) what to have for dinner
14. What gift does Jo get that she has been wanting for a year?
(a) some shoes
(b) a book
(c) a hat
(d) a dress
15. Who writes a note allegedly from Mr. Brooke to Meg?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jo's novel finally sells for what amount?
2. Jo tells her aunts that she is against what?
3. What family does Marmee ask the girls to check on?
4. As chapter nineteen opens, the March family is preparing to do what?
5. What is the name of the story that Jo has published?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)