|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marmee tells a tale at dinner about meeting a man who had four sons in the war, but two of them did what?
(a) got seriously injured
(b) came home safe
(d) got sick
2. To get even with Jo for not letting her go to a play, Amy does what?
(a) She rips Jo's dress.
(b) She tells everyone a bad rumor about Jo.
(c) She throws Jo's favorite doll away.
(d) She burns Jo's manuscript.
3. After a baby dies in her arms, who becomes deathly ill herself?
4. Chapter 25 updates us on life where?
(a) at the Dovecote
(b) at Longmeadow
(c) at the March home
(d) in Washington
5. Where is Meg's wedding held?
(a) outside at Longmeadow
(b) in the March home
(c) at Aunt March's house
(d) in a church
6. Who makes breakfast while Marmee is taking a day off?
(a) Amy and Jo
(b) Meg and Jo
(c) Beth and Amy
(d) Jo and Laurie
7. Who did the girls visit on their final social call?
(c) Aunt March
8. Jo goes to the Laurence house and does what unusual thing to get Laurie to let her in?
(a) yells at his window
(b) throws a small stone at his window
(c) throws a snowball at his window
(d) knocks on his window
9. What happens to Jo's dress that causes her to be extra shy at the party?
(a) It gets ripped.
(b) It gets burned.
(c) It gets stepped on.
(d) It gets stained.
10. Laurie and Jo go to a nearby river to do what?
(a) talk privately
11. Laurie has not been out since the party because of what?
(a) Mr. Laurence made him stay in.
(b) The weather was too bad.
(c) He had a cold.
(d) He had to study.
12. When Mr. and Mrs. March find out that Mr. Brooke wants to court Meg, they say what?
(a) Meg can Marry Mr. Brooke in a year.
(b) Meg cannot Marry Mr. Brooke at all.
(c) Meg can marry immediately.
(d) Meg can marry when she turns twenty.
13. Jo submits a story to a writing contest and wins how much prize money?
14. Who is upset about the idea that Meg might marry Mr. Brooke?
15. Jo uses the money she makes to send who on vacation?
(a) Amy and Meg
(b) Beth and Amy
(c) herself and Laurie
(d) Marmee and Beth
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jo catch cheating at croquet?
2. Marmee and Mr. Brooke go where?
3. Amy asks the family to do what about the party?
4. Who arrives and interrupts a conversation between Meg and Mr. Brooke?
5. Amy follows Jo and Laurie to the river and does what?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)