Part 1: Chapter 1 | Part 1: Chapter 2
• The four sisters, Meg, Beth, Jo and Amy are introduced.
• They discuss how bleak their Christmas will be due to the war and their father being away
• Each sister's appearance is briefly described
• Marmee, the mother, arrives and the girls decide to get gifts for her, rather than each other.
• The girls receive a letter from their father, who is a chaplain in the Union Army.
• On Christmas morning, each girl gets a book.
• Marmee tells the girls about the Hummels, a family with no food.
• The girls give their food to the Hummels.
• Mr. Laurence, the neighbor, hears of this act of kindness and surprises the girls with a dinner.
Part 1: Chapter 3 | Part 1: Chapter 4
• Meg and Jo are invited to a New Year's Eve dance.
• Jo is uncomfortable at the dance and has a burn on her dress, so she hides in an...
This section contains 2,597 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)