|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Horace to argue when he leaves the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
2. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
3. Whose shoe is in the safe deposit box?
4. What does Regina wonder aloud in front of her guests might have contributed to Horace's poor health?
5. How often is the safe deposit box checked by its owner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the items Horace keeps in his safe deposit box at the bank.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hellman's personal inspiration for writing the play. Where did she get the idea for the play's title and how does it relate to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Name and discuss two motifs of the play.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)