|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the family intend to honor their employee-related promises to Mr. Marshall?
2. How much time will the family have to pay back Horace's share of the money?
3. What is the phrase used to describe the wealth Regina's family wants?
4. How often is the safe deposit box checked by its owner?
5. What does Alexandra overhear her mother tell her father in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play is set after the Civil War, yet Addie and Cal are both basically powerless in their roles with the Giddens and Hubbard families. In those post-war times, why were African-Americans in the South still in subservient positions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the playwright's life as an activist. What elements from her life and/or personal philosophies are seen in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of "love" in this play. Which characters embody the emotion and how do they show it?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)