|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Horace and Alexandra when they arrive home?
2. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
3. What is the cash value of the items in the safe deposit box?
4. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
5. What is the phrase used to describe the wealth Regina's family wants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hellman's personal inspiration for writing the play. Where did she get the idea for the play's title and how does it relate to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Hubbards' plan to keep all their new profits confined strictly to their own family. What's wrong with their plan? Do they ever for a moment consider what might be wrong with the plan?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences in employee wages and work conditions between the North and the South in the late 1800s -early 1900s.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)