Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
2. Who works as a teller at the local bank?
3. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
4. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
5. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
Essay Topic 1
This play is set after the Civil War, yet Addie and Cal are both basically powerless in their roles with the Giddens and Hubbard families. In those post-war times, why were African-Americans in the South still in subservient positions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the playwright's life as an activist. What elements from her life and/or personal philosophies are seen in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the items Horace keeps in his safe deposit box at the bank.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)