|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the brilliant idea that is derived after learning the contents of the safe deposit box?
2. What is the family lacking at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
4. What other family plan will Horace not endorse?
5. What is the cash value of the items in the safe deposit box?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the items Horace keeps in his safe deposit box at the bank.
Essay Topic 2
Why were northern business men interested in developing industry in the South right after defeating the region in the Civil War? What term was used to describe such businessmen and how was the term derived?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Hubbards' plan to keep all their new profits confined strictly to their own family. What's wrong with their plan? Do they ever for a moment consider what might be wrong with the plan?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)