|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else about the prospective facility does the family promise Mr. Marshall regarding employees?
2. Who does Horace ask why he's been called home?
3. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
4. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
5. Who follows Horace to argue when he leaves the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Little Foxes has been labeled as a melodrama and as a well-made play. How do those two categories differ and what are their similarities? Which category best fits The Little Foxes and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the playwright's life as an activist. What elements from her life and/or personal philosophies are seen in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Name and discuss two motifs of the play.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)