|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which marriage is discussed before Horace meets the entire family?
2. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
3. What is the family lacking at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Who ignores Alexandra's plea to stop stressing her father?
5. What company bonds are in the safe deposit box?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What elements make a well-made play? Discuss those elements as they apply to The Little Foxes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony in the use of the phrase "bad heart" to describe Horace's ailment. Was his heart bad in a way other than physically? Who truly has a "bad heart" in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Why were northern business men interested in developing industry in the South right after defeating the region in the Civil War? What term was used to describe such businessmen and how was the term derived?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)