|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Regina greet her husband in Act 2?
2. What is the brilliant idea that is derived after learning the contents of the safe deposit box?
3. Whose shoe is in the safe deposit box?
4. What is the condition of Horace's health?
5. Why is Alexandra distraught during the family's visit in Act 2?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Hubbards' plan to keep all their new profits confined strictly to their own family. What's wrong with their plan? Do they ever for a moment consider what might be wrong with the plan?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the items Horace keeps in his safe deposit box at the bank.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the irony in the use of the phrase "bad heart" to describe Horace's ailment. Was his heart bad in a way other than physically? Who truly has a "bad heart" in the play?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)