|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else about the prospective facility does the family promise Mr. Marshall regarding employees?
2. Why does Horace return from his rest to the family visit in Act 2?
3. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
4. What basic principle is behind Horace's decision not to give Regina money for the business deal?
5. In Act 2, when do Regina's true feelings come out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the exposition of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Hubbards' plan to keep all their new profits confined strictly to their own family. What's wrong with their plan? Do they ever for a moment consider what might be wrong with the plan?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the items Horace keeps in his safe deposit box at the bank.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)