Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
2. Who works as a teller at the local bank?
3. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
4. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
5. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
This play is set after the Civil War, yet Addie and Cal are both basically powerless in their roles with the Giddens and Hubbard families. In those post-war times, why were African-Americans in the South still in subservient positions?
Why were northern business men interested in developing industry in the South right after defeating the region in the Civil War? What term was used to describe such businessmen and how was the term derived?
Explain the thoughts and feelings behind Addie's smile as she turns off the light at the end of the play.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)