|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the rest of the family that Horace is ready to see them?
2. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
3. What other family plan will Horace not endorse?
4. In what way does the one who tries to stop the argument in Act 2 suggest that Horace should be approached?
5. What basic principle is behind Horace's decision not to give Regina money for the business deal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of revenge in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss greed as the theme of this play. Be sure to use the definition of "theme" in your response.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the industrialization of the New South. How did this affect the characters in the play?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)