Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
2. Who works as a teller at the local bank?
3. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
4. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
5. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
Essay Topic 1
This play is set after the Civil War, yet Addie and Cal are both basically powerless in their roles with the Giddens and Hubbard families. In those post-war times, why were African-Americans in the South still in subservient positions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony in Oscar's hobby in conjunction with his wife's name. What other examples of irony can be found in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the industrialization of the New South. How did this affect the characters in the play?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)