|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does the one who tries to stop the argument in Act 2 suggest that Horace should be approached?
2. Who tells the rest of the family that Horace is ready to see them?
3. In determining how much time they have to pay back Horace's share of the money, what assumption does the family make?
4. Who follows Horace to argue when he leaves the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
5. Who is with Regina as she has breakfast at the beginning of Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Hubbards' plan to keep all their new profits confined strictly to their own family. What's wrong with their plan? Do they ever for a moment consider what might be wrong with the plan?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of "love" in this play. Which characters embody the emotion and how do they show it?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hellman's personal inspiration for writing the play. Where did she get the idea for the play's title and how does it relate to the story?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)