|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
2. Why does Horace return from his rest to the family visit in Act 2?
3. What does Alexandra overhear her mother tell her father in Act 2?
4. Why is the family arguing at the end of Act 2?`
5. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of "love" in this play. Which characters embody the emotion and how do they show it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Lillian Hellman's contemporaries and other plays that were popular when The Little Foxes was released.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Hubbards' plan to keep all their new profits confined strictly to their own family. What's wrong with their plan? Do they ever for a moment consider what might be wrong with the plan?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)