|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ignores Alexandra's plea to stop stressing her father?
2. Why does the family need to travel out of state?
3. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
4. What is the condition of Horace's health?
5. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the playwright's life as an activist. What elements from her life and/or personal philosophies are seen in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss greed as the theme of this play. Be sure to use the definition of "theme" in your response.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the irony in Oscar's hobby in conjunction with his wife's name. What other examples of irony can be found in this play?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)