|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
2. Who is concerned about Horace's health in Act 2?
3. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
4. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
5. What is the family waiting for at the beginning of Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hellman's personal inspiration for writing the play. Where did she get the idea for the play's title and how does it relate to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What elements make a well-made play? Discuss those elements as they apply to The Little Foxes.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the thoughts and feelings behind Addie's smile as she turns off the light at the end of the play.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)