|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose shoe is in the safe deposit box?
2. Who is with Regina as she has breakfast at the beginning of Act 2?
3. In determining how much time they have to pay back Horace's share of the money, what assumption does the family make?
4. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
5. What does Alexandra overhear her mother tell her father in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play is set after the Civil War, yet Addie and Cal are both basically powerless in their roles with the Giddens and Hubbard families. In those post-war times, why were African-Americans in the South still in subservient positions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Lillian Hellman's contemporaries and other plays that were popular when The Little Foxes was released.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the industrialization of the New South. How did this affect the characters in the play?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)