|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
2. Who works as a teller at the local bank?
3. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
4. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
5. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the items Horace keeps in his safe deposit box at the bank.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the differences in employee wages and work conditions between the North and the South in the late 1800s -early 1900s.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the irony in the use of the phrase "bad heart" to describe Horace's ailment. Was his heart bad in a way other than physically? Who truly has a "bad heart" in the play?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)