|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Regina wonder aloud in front of her guests might have contributed to Horace's poor health?
2. In determining how much time they have to pay back Horace's share of the money, what assumption does the family make?
3. Why does Horace leave the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
4. In what way does the one who tries to stop the argument in Act 2 suggest that Horace should be approached?
5. Who attempts to stop the argument in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the items Horace keeps in his safe deposit box at the bank.
Essay Topic 2
Name and discuss two motifs of the play.
Essay Topic 3
This play is set after the Civil War, yet Addie and Cal are both basically powerless in their roles with the Giddens and Hubbard families. In those post-war times, why were African-Americans in the South still in subservient positions?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)