|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does the butler bring into the parlor in Act 1?
2. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
3. Who particularly likes the idea of the unlikely marriage?
4. Who is disgusted by the idea of the unlikely marriage?
5. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 3, what information does Horace tell Birdie in front of Regina?
2. Discuss the mood at the beginning of Act 3.
3. Discuss Birdie's dislike for her husband's shooting hobby.
4. Why does Mr. Marshall say he wants to build a mill in the southern town?
5. What is ironic about Regina's greeting of her husband when he arrives home in Act 2?
6. What has Horace learned that the Hubbards have promised to Mr. Marshall?
7. How does Regina deal with her brothers when they arrive to check on Horace after his heart attack in Act 3?
8. Briefly describe Cal.
9. What reason does Horace give the family for not participating in the mill deal?
10. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the downfall of Lionnet.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lillian Hellman's contemporaries and other plays that were popular when The Little Foxes was released.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony in Oscar's hobby in conjunction with his wife's name. What other examples of irony can be found in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Why were northern business men interested in developing industry in the South right after defeating the region in the Civil War? What term was used to describe such businessmen and how was the term derived?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)