|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
2. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
3. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
4. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
5. After their business dinner, how much time does the family have to come up with the money for their business deal?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Ben, why does his family now own Lionnet?
2. Discuss the contents of Horace's safe deposit box and what they say about Horace.
3. What does Regina cruelly accuse Horace of at the end of Act 2 and what is his response?
4. Discuss why Birdie gets slapped in Act 1.
5. Discuss the mood at the beginning of Act 3.
6. Why doesn't Birdie get what she wants from her house in Act 1?
7. Discuss three characters with good morals in Act 2 and the events that demonstrate their goodness.
8. What is the argument between Regina and her brothers at the end of Act 2?
9. How does the audience know Alexandra will really leave?
10. How will the Hubbard brothers pay back their loan and in what time frame?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What elements make a well-made play? Discuss those elements as they apply to The Little Foxes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony in Oscar's hobby in conjunction with his wife's name. What other examples of irony can be found in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Lillian Hellman's contemporaries and other plays that were popular when The Little Foxes was released.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)