|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
2. What does Alexandra say in Act 1 that irritates her mother?
3. What was the Lionnet?
4. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
5. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oscar tell Ben about finding another investor?
2. Discuss the importance of the props placed near Horace in the beginning of Act 3.
3. Discuss the mood at the beginning of Act 3.
4. Discuss Birdie's dislike for her husband's shooting hobby.
5. What does Regina think about Alexandra's new-found spirit after Horace's death and what does she want for their relationship?
6. Describe Horace's health during the trip and upon arrival home.
7. Is Birdie respected by the rest of the family? Why or why not?
8. What are Horace's instructions to Cal in Act 3?
9. Discuss Ben's idea of keeping the profits from their business deal strictly within the family.
10. How much time has passed since Act 1 and how does Act 2 open?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What elements make a well-made play? Discuss those elements as they apply to The Little Foxes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Lillian Hellman's contemporaries and other plays that were popular when The Little Foxes was released.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss greed as the theme of this play. Be sure to use the definition of "theme" in your response.
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)