|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
2. Who particularly likes the idea of the unlikely marriage?
3. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
4. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
5. Which of Regina's brothers isn't married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe Cal.
2. What is ironic about Regina's greeting of her husband when he arrives home in Act 2?
3. How will the Hubbard brothers pay back their loan and in what time frame?
4. What was the discussion between Addie and Horace when he first arrives home?
5. What does Mr. Marshall like about Regina's family?
6. Describe Horace's health during the trip and upon arrival home.
7. Does Ben know from whom Ben and Leo plan to borrow the money? How do you know?
8. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the Southern aristocracy.
9. Briefly describe Addie.
10. Discuss the mood at the beginning of Act 3.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of revenge in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the industrialization of the New South. How did this affect the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss greed as the theme of this play. Be sure to use the definition of "theme" in your response.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)