|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is Birdie concerned about health-wise?
2. As the family discusses their dreams, who is being conspicuously quiet?
3. Who does the slapping in Act 1?
4. What does Birdie detest about her husband's hobby?
5. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what year is The Little Foxes set?
2. What is the real reason Mr. Marshall wants to build a mill in the southern town?
3. How much time has passed since Act 1 and how does Act 2 open?
4. Briefly describe Cal.
5. What does Regina cruelly accuse Horace of at the end of Act 2 and what is his response?
6. Describe the discussion between Oscar and Leo as they wait for Regina to come down for breakfast.
7. Who does Horace suspect will enforce the promises the family made to Mr. Marshall and how?
8. What does Alexandra say Horace told her about the Hubbard family? Which other character has used the same analogy?
9. Discuss Alexandra's attitude at the end of Act 3.
10. Discuss the mood at the beginning of Act 3.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Discuss greed as the theme of this play. Be sure to use the definition of "theme" in your response.
Essay Topic 2Discuss the role of revenge in the play.
Essay Topic 3Discuss the irony in Oscar's hobby in conjunction with his wife's name. What other examples of irony can be found in this play?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)