|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Regina's brothers isn't married?
2. What was the Lionnet?
3. Who gets slapped in Act 1?
4. What does Ben say he wants to do with his money?
5. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Horace learned that the Hubbards have promised to Mr. Marshall?
2. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the Southern aristocracy.
3. Why does Horace return downstairs after arguing with Regina in Act 2?
4. Why doesn't Birdie get what she wants from her house in Act 1?
5. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the downfall of Lionnet.
6. In Act 1, what does Birdie want fetched from her house and why?
7. Discuss the events just before and just after Horace goes into cardiac arrest in Act 3.
8. What does Mr. Marshall like about Regina's family?
9. Who does Horace suspect will enforce the promises the family made to Mr. Marshall and how?
10. Why does Ben's family really now own Lionnet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What elements make a well-made play? Discuss those elements as they apply to The Little Foxes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss greed as the theme of this play. Be sure to use the definition of "theme" in your response.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the industrialization of the New South. How did this affect the characters in the play?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)