|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
2. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
3. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
4. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
5. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the audience know Alexandra will really leave?
2. In what year is The Little Foxes set?
3. Describe the discussion between Oscar and Leo as they wait for Regina to come down for breakfast.
4. What does Regina cruelly accuse Horace of at the end of Act 2 and what is his response?
5. Why doesn't Birdie get what she wants from her house in Act 1?
6. Why does Mr. Marshall say he wants to build a mill in the southern town?
7. Discuss the contents of Horace's safe deposit box and what they say about Horace.
8. Discuss what Birdie, Zan and Horace are doing at the beginning of Act 3.
9. What does Regina think about Alexandra's new-found spirit after Horace's death and what does she want for their relationship?
10. Why does Regina glare at Horace as she enters in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of revenge in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony in the use of the phrase "bad heart" to describe Horace's ailment. Was his heart bad in a way other than physically? Who truly has a "bad heart" in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Name and discuss two motifs of the play.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)