|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
2. What is Horace's initial response to his family's communications?
3. Why does Alexandra dismiss the notion of the unlikely marriage?
4. After their business dinner, how much time does the family have to come up with the money for their business deal?
5. What does Birdie want retrieved from her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Horace quickly foil the plan Regina is concocting when she learns the truth about the bonds?
2. Discuss Oscar's scheme to borrow Horace's bonds.
3. Discuss the talk Horace has with Addie when they are alone in the parlor in Act 3.
4. Why doesn't Ben shake Leo's hand in Act 2?
5. What does Birdie say about her marriage to Oscar in Act 3?
6. What does Regina say happens to her brothers if Horace lives? What if he dies?
7. How does Oscar tell Ben about finding another investor?
8. How does the audience know Alexandra will really leave?
9. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the downfall of Lionnet.
10. Discuss why Birdie gets slapped in Act 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play is set after the Civil War, yet Addie and Cal are both basically powerless in their roles with the Giddens and Hubbard families. In those post-war times, why were African-Americans in the South still in subservient positions?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character summary of the main character of The Little Foxes.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Lillian Hellman's contemporaries and other plays that were popular when The Little Foxes was released.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)