|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
2. How does Birdie's husband respond to her complaint about his hobby?
3. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
4. What played a role in the fall of the Lionnet?
5. What is Horace's initial response to his family's communications?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Birdie say about her marriage to Oscar in Act 3?
2. Discuss Birdie's dislike for her husband's shooting hobby.
3. What are Mr. Marshall's thoughts about Southerners?
4. How will the Hubbard brothers pay back their loan and in what time frame?
5. What reason does Horace give the family for not participating in the mill deal?
6. In Act 3, what information does Horace tell Birdie in front of Regina?
7. Discuss the importance of the props placed near Horace in the beginning of Act 3.
8. Describe Regina's reaction to Horace's refusal to participate in the deal.
9. What does Cal think about Horace's instructions to return the safe deposit box?
10. Discuss the mood at the beginning of Act 3.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the playwright's life as an activist. What elements from her life and/or personal philosophies are seen in the play?
Essay Topic 2
The Little Foxes has been labeled as a melodrama and as a well-made play. How do those two categories differ and what are their similarities? Which category best fits The Little Foxes and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the irony in Oscar's hobby in conjunction with his wife's name. What other examples of irony can be found in this play?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)