|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks Horace is not interested in the business deal?
2. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
3. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
4. Who does Birdie want to run an errand for her?
5. What business does the family want to start in their hometown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexandra say Horace told her about the Hubbard family? Which other character has used the same analogy?
2. Discuss the mood at the beginning of Act 3.
3. Discuss the events just before and just after Horace goes into cardiac arrest in Act 3.
4. In what year is The Little Foxes set?
5. Discuss the contents of Horace's safe deposit box and what they say about Horace.
6. What does Birdie say about her marriage to Oscar in Act 3?
7. Who does Horace suspect will enforce the promises the family made to Mr. Marshall and how?
8. Discuss Alexandra's attitude at the end of Act 3.
9. Why does Regina glare at Horace as she enters in Act 3?
10. According to Ben, why does his family now own Lionnet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the irony in the use of the phrase "bad heart" to describe Horace's ailment. Was his heart bad in a way other than physically? Who truly has a "bad heart" in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Hubbards' plan to keep all their new profits confined strictly to their own family. What's wrong with their plan? Do they ever for a moment consider what might be wrong with the plan?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the thoughts and feelings behind Addie's smile as she turns off the light at the end of the play.
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)