|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is disgusted by the idea of the unlikely marriage?
2. As the family discusses their dreams, who is being conspicuously quiet?
3. Which of her husband's hobbies does Birdie complain is useless?
4. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
5. Who says a man isn't in business only for what he can get out of it --it has to mean something to his heart, too?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the discussion between Addie and Horace when he first arrives home?
2. Discuss Oscar's scheme to borrow Horace's bonds.
3. Discuss three characters with good morals in Act 2 and the events that demonstrate their goodness.
4. Discuss Mr. Marshall's comment that Southern aristocrats stay together and keep what belongs to them.
5. Why doesn't Birdie get what she wants from her house in Act 1?
6. How does Horace quickly foil the plan Regina is concocting when she learns the truth about the bonds?
7. In Act 1, what does Birdie want fetched from her house and why?
8. What are Mr. Marshall's thoughts about Southerners?
9. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the downfall of Lionnet.
10. What has Horace learned that the Hubbards have promised to Mr. Marshall?
Essay Topic 1
The Little Foxes has been labeled as a melodrama and as a well-made play. How do those two categories differ and what are their similarities? Which category best fits The Little Foxes and why?
Essay Topic 2
Name and discuss two motifs of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hellman's personal inspiration for writing the play. Where did she get the idea for the play's title and how does it relate to the story?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)