|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Marshall's home?
2. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
3. Who is disgusted by the idea of the unlikely marriage?
4. Which of Regina's brothers isn't married?
5. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Regina say happens to her brothers if Horace lives? What if he dies?
2. What was the discussion between Addie and Horace when he first arrives home?
3. Discuss the contents of Horace's safe deposit box and what they say about Horace.
4. What are Mr. Marshall's thoughts about Southerners?
5. How much time has passed between the end of Act 2 and the beginning of Act 3? What is Horace's physical condition at the beginning of Act 3?
6. How will the Hubbard brothers pay back their loan and in what time frame?
7. What does Alexandra say Horace told her about the Hubbard family? Which other character has used the same analogy?
8. Why does Regina glare at Horace as she enters in Act 3?
9. Discuss the importance of the props placed near Horace in the beginning of Act 3.
10. What does Cal think about Horace's instructions to return the safe deposit box?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of revenge in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony in Oscar's hobby in conjunction with his wife's name. What other examples of irony can be found in this play?
Essay Topic 3
The Little Foxes has been labeled as a melodrama and as a well-made play. How do those two categories differ and what are their similarities? Which category best fits The Little Foxes and why?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)