|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
2. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
3. What was the special occasion in Act 1?
4. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
5. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 3, what information does Horace tell Birdie in front of Regina?
2. In whose home does Act 1 take place?
3. How does Horace quickly foil the plan Regina is concocting when she learns the truth about the bonds?
4. Discuss Alexandra's attitude at the end of Act 3.
5. Discuss Mr. Marshall's comment that Southern aristocrats stay together and keep what belongs to them.
6. Why does Mr. Marshall say he wants to build a mill in the southern town?
7. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the downfall of Lionnet.
8. What does Cal think about Horace's instructions to return the safe deposit box?
9. Who does Horace suspect will enforce the promises the family made to Mr. Marshall and how?
10. How will the Hubbard brothers pay back their loan and in what time frame?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the industrialization of the New South. How did this affect the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
What elements make a well-made play? Discuss those elements as they apply to The Little Foxes.
Essay Topic 3
This play is set after the Civil War, yet Addie and Cal are both basically powerless in their roles with the Giddens and Hubbard families. In those post-war times, why were African-Americans in the South still in subservient positions?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)