|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks Horace is not interested in the business deal?
2. Who discreetly agrees with Birdie's dislike for her husband's hobby?
3. What does Birdie want retrieved from her house?
4. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
5. Which character is Birdie concerned about health-wise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what Birdie, Zan and Horace are doing at the beginning of Act 3.
2. What does Cal think about Horace's instructions to return the safe deposit box?
3. What does Regina cruelly accuse Horace of at the end of Act 2 and what is his response?
4. How does Horace quickly foil the plan Regina is concocting when she learns the truth about the bonds?
5. How does Oscar tell Ben about finding another investor?
6. What does Alexandra say Horace told her about the Hubbard family? Which other character has used the same analogy?
7. Discuss Oscar's scheme to borrow Horace's bonds.
8. How much time has passed between the end of Act 2 and the beginning of Act 3? What is Horace's physical condition at the beginning of Act 3?
9. Why doesn't Birdie get what she wants from her house in Act 1?
10. Does Ben know from whom Ben and Leo plan to borrow the money? How do you know?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the irony in Oscar's hobby in conjunction with his wife's name. What other examples of irony can be found in this play?
Essay Topic 2
What elements make a well-made play? Discuss those elements as they apply to The Little Foxes.
Essay Topic 3
This play is set after the Civil War, yet Addie and Cal are both basically powerless in their roles with the Giddens and Hubbard families. In those post-war times, why were African-Americans in the South still in subservient positions?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)