|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says a man isn't in business only for what he can get out of it --it has to mean something to his heart, too?
2. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
3. How does Birdie's husband respond to her complaint about his hobby?
4. Who particularly likes the idea of the unlikely marriage?
5. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Marshall say he wants to build a mill in the southern town?
2. What does Cal think about Horace's instructions to return the safe deposit box?
3. Discuss Mr. Marshall's comment that Southern aristocrats stay together and keep what belongs to them.
4. Who does Horace suspect will enforce the promises the family made to Mr. Marshall and how?
5. According to Ben, why does his family now own Lionnet?
6. What is the argument between Regina and her brothers at the end of Act 2?
7. What does Mr. Marshall like about Regina's family?
8. What does Cal report when he returns from his errand?
9. Why does Ben's family really now own Lionnet?
10. Discuss why Birdie gets slapped in Act 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What elements make a well-made play? Discuss those elements as they apply to The Little Foxes.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the thoughts and feelings behind Addie's smile as she turns off the light at the end of the play.
Essay Topic 3
This play is set after the Civil War, yet Addie and Cal are both basically powerless in their roles with the Giddens and Hubbard families. In those post-war times, why were African-Americans in the South still in subservient positions?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)