|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
2. What was the special occasion in Act 1?
3. Who discreetly agrees with Birdie's dislike for her husband's hobby?
4. Who says a man isn't in business only for what he can get out of it --it has to mean something to his heart, too?
5. Who particularly likes the idea of the unlikely marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Horace give the family for not participating in the mill deal?
2. Does Ben know from whom Ben and Leo plan to borrow the money? How do you know?
3. What does Horace reveal to Regina about his will in Act 3?
4. Why does Horace return downstairs after arguing with Regina in Act 2?
5. In what year is The Little Foxes set?
6. Discuss three characters with good morals in Act 2 and the events that demonstrate their goodness.
7. Discuss the mood at the beginning of Act 3.
8. Describe the discussion between Oscar and Leo as they wait for Regina to come down for breakfast.
9. Discuss two ways that Horace intends to obstruct the schemes of Regina and her brothers.
10. Why doesn't Ben shake Leo's hand in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lillian Hellman's contemporaries and other plays that were popular when The Little Foxes was released.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the industrialization of the New South. How did this affect the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss greed as the theme of this play. Be sure to use the definition of "theme" in your response.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)