|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks Horace is not interested in the business deal?
2. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
3. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
4. After their business dinner, how much time does the family have to come up with the money for their business deal?
5. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss three characters with good morals in Act 2 and the events that demonstrate their goodness.
2. Discuss Mr. Marshall's comment that Southern aristocrats stay together and keep what belongs to them.
3. Briefly describe Addie.
4. Discuss the talk Horace has with Addie when they are alone in the parlor in Act 3.
5. What does Cal think about Horace's instructions to return the safe deposit box?
6. What is ironic about Regina's greeting of her husband when he arrives home in Act 2?
7. What does Cal report when he returns from his errand?
8. Why does Mr. Marshall say he wants to build a mill in the southern town?
9. What does Horace reveal to Regina about his will in Act 3?
10. What has Horace learned that the Hubbards have promised to Mr. Marshall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Hubbards' plan to keep all their new profits confined strictly to their own family. What's wrong with their plan? Do they ever for a moment consider what might be wrong with the plan?
Essay Topic 2
This play is set after the Civil War, yet Addie and Cal are both basically powerless in their roles with the Giddens and Hubbard families. In those post-war times, why were African-Americans in the South still in subservient positions?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Lillian Hellman's contemporaries and other plays that were popular when The Little Foxes was released.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)