|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
2. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
3. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
4. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
5. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the discussion between Oscar and Leo as they wait for Regina to come down for breakfast.
2. Discuss what Birdie, Zan and Horace are doing at the beginning of Act 3.
3. What does Horace reveal to Regina about his will in Act 3?
4. Why does Ben's family really now own Lionnet?
5. Why doesn't Ben shake Leo's hand in Act 2?
6. Why does Regina glare at Horace as she enters in Act 3?
7. What has Horace learned that the Hubbards have promised to Mr. Marshall?
8. Why does Horace return downstairs after arguing with Regina in Act 2?
9. How much time has passed since Act 1 and how does Act 2 open?
10. What is the real reason Mr. Marshall wants to build a mill in the southern town?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the items Horace keeps in his safe deposit box at the bank.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss greed as the theme of this play. Be sure to use the definition of "theme" in your response.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Hubbards' plan to keep all their new profits confined strictly to their own family. What's wrong with their plan? Do they ever for a moment consider what might be wrong with the plan?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)