Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
2. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
3. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
4. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
5. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the discussion between Oscar and Leo as they wait for Regina to come down for breakfast.
2. Discuss what Birdie, Zan and Horace are doing at the beginning of Act 3.
3. What does Horace reveal to Regina about his will in Act 3?
4. Why does Ben's family really now own Lionnet?
5. Why doesn't Ben shake Leo's hand in Act 2?
6. Why does Regina glare at Horace as she enters in Act 3?
7. What has Horace learned that the Hubbards have promised to Mr. Marshall?
8. Why does Horace return downstairs after arguing with Regina in Act 2?
9. How much time has passed since Act 1 and how does Act 2 open?
10. What is the real reason Mr. Marshall wants to build a mill in the southern town?
Discuss the playwright's life as an activist. What elements from her life and/or personal philosophies are seen in the play?
What elements make a well-made play? Discuss those elements as they apply to The Little Foxes.
Discuss the Hubbards' plan to keep all their new profits confined strictly to their own family. What's wrong with their plan? Do they ever for a moment consider what might be wrong with the plan?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)