Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
2. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
3. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
4. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
5. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the discussion between Oscar and Leo as they wait for Regina to come down for breakfast.
2. Discuss what Birdie, Zan and Horace are doing at the beginning of Act 3.
3. What does Horace reveal to Regina about his will in Act 3?
4. Why does Ben's family really now own Lionnet?
5. Why doesn't Ben shake Leo's hand in Act 2?
6. Why does Regina glare at Horace as she enters in Act 3?
7. What has Horace learned that the Hubbards have promised to Mr. Marshall?
8. Why does Horace return downstairs after arguing with Regina in Act 2?
9. How much time has passed since Act 1 and how does Act 2 open?
10. What is the real reason Mr. Marshall wants to build a mill in the southern town?
Essay Topic 1
Why were northern business men interested in developing industry in the South right after defeating the region in the Civil War? What term was used to describe such businessmen and how was the term derived?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony in the use of the phrase "bad heart" to describe Horace's ailment. Was his heart bad in a way other than physically? Who truly has a "bad heart" in the play?
Essay Topic 3
What elements make a well-made play? Discuss those elements as they apply to The Little Foxes.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)