Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
2. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
3. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
4. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
5. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the discussion between Oscar and Leo as they wait for Regina to come down for breakfast.
2. Discuss what Birdie, Zan and Horace are doing at the beginning of Act 3.
3. What does Horace reveal to Regina about his will in Act 3?
4. Why does Ben's family really now own Lionnet?
5. Why doesn't Ben shake Leo's hand in Act 2?
6. Why does Regina glare at Horace as she enters in Act 3?
7. What has Horace learned that the Hubbards have promised to Mr. Marshall?
8. Why does Horace return downstairs after arguing with Regina in Act 2?
9. How much time has passed since Act 1 and how does Act 2 open?
10. What is the real reason Mr. Marshall wants to build a mill in the southern town?
What elements make a well-made play? Discuss those elements as they apply to The Little Foxes.
This play is set after the Civil War, yet Addie and Cal are both basically powerless in their roles with the Giddens and Hubbard families. In those post-war times, why were African-Americans in the South still in subservient positions?
The Little Foxes has been labeled as a melodrama and as a well-made play. How do those two categories differ and what are their similarities? Which category best fits The Little Foxes and why?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)