|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
2. According to Ben, who is not very adaptable?
3. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
4. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
5. Who does Birdie want to run an errand for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oscar tell Ben about finding another investor?
2. Is Birdie respected by the rest of the family? Why or why not?
3. How will the Hubbard brothers pay back their loan and in what time frame?
4. What does Mr. Marshall like about Regina's family?
5. What are Horace's instructions to Cal in Act 3?
6. What is ironic about Regina's greeting of her husband when he arrives home in Act 2?
7. Discuss the events just before and just after Horace goes into cardiac arrest in Act 3.
8. How does Regina deal with her brothers when they arrive to check on Horace after his heart attack in Act 3?
9. Discuss Oscar's scheme to borrow Horace's bonds.
10. What does Horace reveal to Regina about his will in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What elements make a well-made play? Discuss those elements as they apply to The Little Foxes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hellman's personal inspiration for writing the play. Where did she get the idea for the play's title and how does it relate to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the thoughts and feelings behind Addie's smile as she turns off the light at the end of the play.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)