Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
2. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
3. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
4. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
5. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the discussion between Oscar and Leo as they wait for Regina to come down for breakfast.
2. Discuss what Birdie, Zan and Horace are doing at the beginning of Act 3.
3. What does Horace reveal to Regina about his will in Act 3?
4. Why does Ben's family really now own Lionnet?
5. Why doesn't Ben shake Leo's hand in Act 2?
6. Why does Regina glare at Horace as she enters in Act 3?
7. What has Horace learned that the Hubbards have promised to Mr. Marshall?
8. Why does Horace return downstairs after arguing with Regina in Act 2?
9. How much time has passed since Act 1 and how does Act 2 open?
10. What is the real reason Mr. Marshall wants to build a mill in the southern town?
Essay Topic 1
Name and discuss two motifs of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Lillian Hellman's contemporaries and other plays that were popular when The Little Foxes was released.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences in employee wages and work conditions between the North and the South in the late 1800s -early 1900s.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)