|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the safe deposit box belong?
2. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
3. What other family plan will Horace not endorse?
(a) Building a new plantation.
(b) Insurance benefits for employees.
(c) Industrialization of the south.
(d) A marriage between Leo and Zan.
4. Why does Horace believe the family's business decision is wrong?
(a) They know nothing about industrialization.
(b) They know nothing about management.
(c) They know nothing about cotton.
(d) They will make money off the labor of men who will not be paid a fair wage.
5. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
(a) Horace wanted to see the sights.
(b) Horace likes blues music.
(c) Horace was not feeling well.
(d) It's been while since Horace and Alexandra had any time to themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Regina in Act 2 that the funding problem is settled?
2. Why does Horace return from his rest to the family visit in Act 2?
3. Why is the family arguing at the end of Act 2?`
4. What musical instrument is -- at least in part -- in the safe deposit box?
5. What basic principle is behind Horace's decision not to give Regina money for the business deal?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)