|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Horace believe the family's business decision is wrong?
(a) They know nothing about cotton.
(b) They know nothing about management.
(c) They will make money off the labor of men who will not be paid a fair wage.
(d) They know nothing about industrialization.
2. Who tells the rest of the family that Horace is ready to see them?
3. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
4. Who rummaged through someone else's safe deposit box?
5. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
2. Who tells Ben that the family has come up with Horace's share of money?
3. What does Horace drink to prepare for his visit with the family?
4. Despite the fact that Horace is tired, who pushes him to talk about the pending business deal?
5. What is the family lacking at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)