|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cruel statement does Regina tell Horace as they argue in Act 2?
(a) He only wants bad things for her because of his own pending death.
(b) She hates him.
(c) Zan is not his daughter.
(d) She has been in love with his best friend.
2. What other family plan will Horace not endorse?
(a) Building a new plantation.
(b) Insurance benefits for employees.
(c) Industrialization of the south.
(d) A marriage between Leo and Zan.
3. Who does Regina learn will be going to finalize the business deal?
(b) Mr. Marshall.
4. Who is concerned about Horace's health in Act 2?
(a) Only Zan.
(b) Leo and Zan.
(c) Regina and Zan.
(d) Addie and Zan.
5. In what way does the one who tries to stop the argument in Act 2 suggest that Horace should be approached?
(a) With "love and understanding."
(b) With a gun to end his life.
(c) With "softness and a smile."
(d) With a quick blow to the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Ben that the family has come up with Horace's share of money?
2. How is it explained to Ben that the family came up with Horace's share of the money?
3. What else about the prospective facility does the family promise Mr. Marshall regarding employees?
4. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
5. How does the family intend to honor their employee-related promises to Mr. Marshall?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)