|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Regina greet her husband in Act 2?
(a) With a warm kiss.
(b) With a handshake.
(c) With no emotion at all.
(d) With a hug.
2. Why does Horace believe the family's business decision is wrong?
(a) They know nothing about cotton.
(b) They know nothing about industrialization.
(c) They know nothing about management.
(d) They will make money off the labor of men who will not be paid a fair wage.
3. To whom does the safe deposit box belong?
4. Who does Horace ask why he's been called home?
5. Despite the fact that Horace is tired, who pushes him to talk about the pending business deal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alexandra distraught during the family's visit in Act 2?
2. What company bonds are in the safe deposit box?
3. In Act 2, when do Regina's true feelings come out?
4. Who tells Ben that the family has come up with Horace's share of money?
5. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)