|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the slapping in Act 1?
2. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
3. Which of her husband's hobbies does Birdie complain is useless?
(b) Riding horses.
(c) Playing poker.
4. Who challenges Mr. Marshall's choice of term that he used in reference to the family?
5. What does Oscar like about Jekyll Island?
(a) The pecans there are huge.
(b) Getting away from his wife.
(c) It has great shooting.
(d) The scenery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets slapped in Act 1?
2. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
3. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
4. Who says a man isn't in business only for what he can get out of it --it has to mean something to his heart, too?
5. What does Alexandra say in Act 1 that irritates her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Regina glare at Horace as she enters in Act 3?
2. Describe the discussion between Oscar and Leo as they wait for Regina to come down for breakfast.
3. How much time has passed since Act 1 and how does Act 2 open?
4. What does Birdie say about her marriage to Oscar in Act 3?
5. Why does Horace return downstairs after arguing with Regina in Act 2?
6. How does the audience know Alexandra will really leave?
7. Why does Mr. Marshall say he wants to build a mill in the southern town?
8. Discuss the contents of Horace's safe deposit box and what they say about Horace.
9. Discuss the talk Horace has with Addie when they are alone in the parlor in Act 3.
10. How much time has passed between the end of Act 2 and the beginning of Act 3? What is Horace's physical condition at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)