|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
(a) They are lucky.
(b) They found new ways to do business and how to make customers pay.
(c) They have preyed on weak, desperate people and accumulated many properties.
(d) They have enough money to invest in the latest technology.
2. Where is Mr. Marshall's home?
(b) New York City.
3. Which of her husband's hobbies does Birdie complain is useless?
(a) Playing poker.
(d) Riding horses.
4. Who gets slapped in Act 1?
5. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
(a) Birdie and Horace.
(b) Alexandra and Leo.
(c) Regina and Mr. Marshall.
(d) Addie and Cal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
2. What does Oscar like about Jekyll Island?
3. Who does Birdie want to run an errand for her?
4. Which character is Birdie concerned about health-wise?
5. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 3, what information does Horace tell Birdie in front of Regina?
2. What reason does Horace give the family for not participating in the mill deal?
3. Why does Ben's family really now own Lionnet?
4. Why doesn't Ben shake Leo's hand in Act 2?
5. What was the discussion between Addie and Horace when he first arrives home?
6. Discuss Ben's idea of keeping the profits from their business deal strictly within the family.
7. Why doesn't Birdie get what she wants from her house in Act 1?
8. What does Alexandra say Horace told her about the Hubbard family? Which other character has used the same analogy?
9. Discuss the talk Horace has with Addie when they are alone in the parlor in Act 3.
10. How does Oscar tell Ben about finding another investor?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)