|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
(a) Cal and Addie.
(b) Birdie and Alexandra.
(c) Leo and Alexandra.
(d) Birdie and Horace.
2. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
(a) Travel and hunt.
(b) Buy a pecan farm.
(c) Ride horses in Savannah.
(d) Restore an old plantation.
3. Who thinks Horace is holding out for more than a third of the deal?
4. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
(a) The local doctor's new concoction.
(b) To let her father rest.
(c) To come home and be taken care of.
5. As Mr. Marshall says his goodbyes, who commits to coming to his home town for a visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
2. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
3. Who gets slapped in Act 1?
4. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
5. Who challenges Mr. Marshall's choice of term that he used in reference to the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what year is The Little Foxes set?
2. How much time has passed between the end of Act 2 and the beginning of Act 3? What is Horace's physical condition at the beginning of Act 3?
3. How does Oscar tell Ben about finding another investor?
4. What is ironic about Regina's greeting of her husband when he arrives home in Act 2?
5. Does Ben know from whom Ben and Leo plan to borrow the money? How do you know?
6. What is the real reason Mr. Marshall wants to build a mill in the southern town?
7. Discuss three characters with good morals in Act 2 and the events that demonstrate their goodness.
8. Discuss what Birdie, Zan and Horace are doing at the beginning of Act 3.
9. How will the Hubbard brothers pay back their loan and in what time frame?
10. Briefly describe Addie.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)