|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, who is anxious to move?
2. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
(a) Someone needs to pay the bills at home.
(b) For a short vacation.
(c) Returning home is for his own good.
(d) He must return home to get back to work.
3. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
(a) They are lucky.
(b) They have preyed on weak, desperate people and accumulated many properties.
(c) They found new ways to do business and how to make customers pay.
(d) They have enough money to invest in the latest technology.
4. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
(a) Alexandra and Leo.
(b) Birdie and Horace.
(c) Addie and Cal.
(d) Regina and Mr. Marshall.
5. What does Alexandra say in Act 1 that irritates her mother?
(a) She won't bring her father home if he's too ill to travel.
(b) She never wants to see her father again.
(c) She'll go, but won't come back.
(d) She won't go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
2. How does the family communicate with Horace regarding the business matter?
3. Which of Regina's brothers isn't married?
4. What does Oscar like about Jekyll Island?
5. Who gets slapped in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Marshall like about Regina's family?
2. Discuss what Birdie, Zan and Horace are doing at the beginning of Act 3.
3. How will the Hubbard brothers pay back their loan and in what time frame?
4. Discuss Ben's idea of keeping the profits from their business deal strictly within the family.
5. What does Regina cruelly accuse Horace of at the end of Act 2 and what is his response?
6. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the Southern aristocracy.
7. Describe Regina's reaction to Horace's refusal to participate in the deal.
8. How much time has passed between the end of Act 2 and the beginning of Act 3? What is Horace's physical condition at the beginning of Act 3?
9. Briefly describe Addie.
10. What does Regina think about Alexandra's new-found spirit after Horace's death and what does she want for their relationship?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)