|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
(a) It still practices slave labor so wages will be cheaper there.
(b) They live in the the same town and raised their families there.
(c) It's population is booming.
(d) It's proximity to the ocean.
2. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
(a) Regina and Mr. Marshall.
(b) Birdie and Horace.
(c) Alexandra and Leo.
(d) Addie and Cal.
3. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
(a) To come home and be taken care of.
(c) The local doctor's new concoction.
(d) To let her father rest.
4. As Mr. Marshall says his goodbyes, who commits to coming to his home town for a visit?
5. After their business dinner, how much time does the family have to come up with the money for their business deal?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
2. Which of Regina's brothers isn't married?
3. What does Alexandra say in Act 1 that irritates her mother?
4. What is Horace's initial response to his family's communications?
5. What does Birdie detest about her husband's hobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Birdie respected by the rest of the family? Why or why not?
2. What are Mr. Marshall's thoughts about Southerners?
3. How does Regina deal with her brothers when they arrive to check on Horace after his heart attack in Act 3?
4. Discuss the mood at the beginning of Act 3.
5. Discuss the talk Horace has with Addie when they are alone in the parlor in Act 3.
6. What is the real reason Mr. Marshall wants to build a mill in the southern town?
7. Discuss Birdie's dislike for her husband's shooting hobby.
8. What does Horace reveal to Regina about his will in Act 3?
9. Briefly describe Addie.
10. What reason does Horace give the family for not participating in the mill deal?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)