Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
(a) Alexandra and Leo.
(b) Regina and Birdie.
(c) Addie and Cal.
(d) Ben and Oscar.
2. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
3. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
(a) They are lucky.
(b) They have preyed on weak, desperate people and accumulated many properties.
(c) They found new ways to do business and how to make customers pay.
(d) They have enough money to invest in the latest technology.
4. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
(a) By marriage.
(b) They stole the deed.
(c) Through auction.
(d) Through squatter's rights.
5. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
(a) Birdie and Alexandra.
(b) Cal and Addie.
(c) Birdie and Horace.
(d) Leo and Alexandra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is Birdie concerned about health-wise?
2. Who says a man isn't in business only for what he can get out of it --it has to mean something to his heart, too?
3. Who discreetly agrees with Birdie's dislike for her husband's hobby?
4. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
5. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the discussion between Oscar and Leo as they wait for Regina to come down for breakfast.
2. Discuss what Birdie, Zan and Horace are doing at the beginning of Act 3.
3. What does Horace reveal to Regina about his will in Act 3?
4. Why does Ben's family really now own Lionnet?
5. Why doesn't Ben shake Leo's hand in Act 2?
6. Why does Regina glare at Horace as she enters in Act 3?
7. What has Horace learned that the Hubbards have promised to Mr. Marshall?
8. Why does Horace return downstairs after arguing with Regina in Act 2?
9. How much time has passed since Act 1 and how does Act 2 open?
10. What is the real reason Mr. Marshall wants to build a mill in the southern town?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)