|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the family lacking in order to complete their business transaction?
(a) Regina's portion of the money.
(b) Horace's signature.
(c) Business insurance.
(d) Collateral for the loan.
2. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
(a) They live in the the same town and raised their families there.
(b) It still practices slave labor so wages will be cheaper there.
(c) It's proximity to the ocean.
(d) It's population is booming.
3. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
4. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
(a) Alexandra and Leo.
(b) Ben and Oscar.
(c) Regina and Birdie.
(d) Addie and Cal.
5. Who challenges Mr. Marshall's choice of term that he used in reference to the family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
2. How does the family communicate with Horace regarding the business matter?
3. What was the special occasion in Act 1?
4. Who does Birdie want to run an errand for her?
5. As Mr. Marshall says his goodbyes, who commits to coming to his home town for a visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Birdie get what she wants from her house in Act 1?
2. How much time has passed between the end of Act 2 and the beginning of Act 3? What is Horace's physical condition at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Discuss the events just before and just after Horace goes into cardiac arrest in Act 3.
4. What does Regina cruelly accuse Horace of at the end of Act 2 and what is his response?
5. In whose home does Act 1 take place?
6. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the downfall of Lionnet.
7. Why doesn't Ben shake Leo's hand in Act 2?
8. What was the discussion between Addie and Horace when he first arrives home?
9. What does Regina say happens to her brothers if Horace lives? What if he dies?
10. Why does Horace return downstairs after arguing with Regina in Act 2?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)