|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mr. Marshall says his goodbyes, who commits to coming to his home town for a visit?
2. What does Oscar say he wants to do with his money?
(a) Buy a pecan farm.
(b) Travel and hunt.
(c) Restore an old plantation.
(d) Ride horses in Savannah.
3. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
(a) Restore an old plantation.
(b) Ride horses in Savannah.
(c) Buy a pecan farm.
(d) Travel and hunt.
4. What played a role in the fall of the Lionnet?
(a) The Spanish-American War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Revolutionary War.
5. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Mr. Marshall back to his train?
2. Who gets slapped in Act 1?
3. What drink does the butler bring into the parlor in Act 1?
4. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
5. How does Birdie's husband respond to her complaint about his hobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Horace suspect will enforce the promises the family made to Mr. Marshall and how?
2. In Act 1, what does Birdie want fetched from her house and why?
3. Discuss why Birdie gets slapped in Act 1.
4. In Act 3, what information does Horace tell Birdie in front of Regina?
5. What does Alexandra say Horace told her about the Hubbard family? Which other character has used the same analogy?
6. Does Ben know from whom Ben and Leo plan to borrow the money? How do you know?
7. How much time has passed between the end of Act 2 and the beginning of Act 3? What is Horace's physical condition at the beginning of Act 3?
8. Discuss what Birdie, Zan and Horace are doing at the beginning of Act 3.
9. Why doesn't Ben shake Leo's hand in Act 2?
10. What does Regina say happens to her brothers if Horace lives? What if he dies?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)