|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thinks Horace is holding out for more than a third of the deal?
2. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
(a) The local doctor's new concoction.
(b) To come home and be taken care of.
(d) To let her father rest.
3. What does Birdie detest about her husband's hobby?
(a) The smell of cigar smoke.
(b) He kills animals then throws them away.
(c) He never wins, and loses much of their money.
(d) The smell of paints.
4. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
(a) Through squatter's rights.
(b) By marriage.
(c) They stole the deed.
(d) Through auction.
5. As Mr. Marshall says his goodbyes, who commits to coming to his home town for a visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says a man isn't in business only for what he can get out of it --it has to mean something to his heart, too?
2. Which of her husband's hobbies does Birdie complain is useless?
3. Why does the family want the business in their hometown?
4. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
5. Who does Birdie want to run an errand for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Alexandra's attitude at the end of Act 3.
2. Why does Ben's family really now own Lionnet?
3. What does Cal think about Horace's instructions to return the safe deposit box?
4. Discuss Mr. Marshall's comment that Southern aristocrats stay together and keep what belongs to them.
5. Discuss Birdie's dislike for her husband's shooting hobby.
6. How much time has passed since Act 1 and how does Act 2 open?
7. Why does Mr. Marshall say he wants to build a mill in the southern town?
8. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the downfall of Lionnet.
9. Discuss the events just before and just after Horace goes into cardiac arrest in Act 3.
10. Discuss why Birdie gets slapped in Act 1.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)