|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
(a) They found new ways to do business and how to make customers pay.
(b) They have preyed on weak, desperate people and accumulated many properties.
(c) They have enough money to invest in the latest technology.
(d) They are lucky.
2. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
(b) The local doctor's new concoction.
(c) To let her father rest.
(d) To come home and be taken care of.
3. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
4. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
(a) The South.
(b) The Atlantic Coast.
(c) The North.
(d) The West.
5. What drink does the butler bring into the parlor in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the slapping in Act 1?
2. What does Oscar say he wants to do with his money?
3. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
4. How does Birdie's husband respond to her complaint about his hobby?
5. Who cooked the special dinner in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Horace learned that the Hubbards have promised to Mr. Marshall?
2. Why does Regina glare at Horace as she enters in Act 3?
3. What does Cal report when he returns from his errand?
4. Where is the home in Act 1?
5. Discuss Oscar's scheme to borrow Horace's bonds.
6. What does Alexandra say Horace told her about the Hubbard family? Which other character has used the same analogy?
7. How much time has passed between the end of Act 2 and the beginning of Act 3? What is Horace's physical condition at the beginning of Act 3?
8. What are Horace's instructions to Cal in Act 3?
9. Discuss the importance of the props placed near Horace in the beginning of Act 3.
10. What is ironic about Regina's greeting of her husband when he arrives home in Act 2?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)