|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Lionnet?
(a) A fabric mill.
(b) A retail location.
(c) A railroad line.
(d) A plantation.
2. What played a role in the fall of the Lionnet?
(a) The Revolutionary War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
3. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
(a) It still practices slave labor so wages will be cheaper there.
(b) They live in the the same town and raised their families there.
(c) It's population is booming.
(d) It's proximity to the ocean.
4. Which of Regina's brothers isn't married?
5. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
(a) Southerners live better than the rest of the country.
(b) The dry air of the west is nothing like their hospitality.
(c) He can't think of anything healthier than salty air.
(d) Northern wives, with the way they kiss, keep their husbands warm at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Birdie's husband respond to her complaint about his hobby?
2. What is the family lacking in order to complete their business transaction?
3. Which character officially fits the title used by Mr. Marshall to describe the family?
4. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
5. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss two ways that Horace intends to obstruct the schemes of Regina and her brothers.
2. According to Ben, why does his family now own Lionnet?
3. What does Birdie say about her marriage to Oscar in Act 3?
4. Discuss the contents of Horace's safe deposit box and what they say about Horace.
5. How much time has passed between the end of Act 2 and the beginning of Act 3? What is Horace's physical condition at the beginning of Act 3?
6. In whose home does Act 1 take place?
7. How does Oscar tell Ben about finding another investor?
8. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the downfall of Lionnet.
9. Why does Horace return downstairs after arguing with Regina in Act 2?
10. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the Southern aristocracy.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)