|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the family discusses their dreams, who is being conspicuously quiet?
2. Why does the family want the business in their hometown?
(a) To create the first mall.
(b) It's more efficient, and thus more profitable.
(c) To improve travel for business and industry.
(d) It opens new opportunities for the community.
3. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
(a) Through auction.
(b) Through squatter's rights.
(c) By marriage.
(d) They stole the deed.
4. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
5. What was the Lionnet?
(a) A plantation.
(b) A fabric mill.
(c) A retail location.
(d) A railroad line.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their business dinner, how much time does the family have to come up with the money for their business deal?
2. Where is Mr. Marshall's home?
3. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
4. What is Horace's initial response to his family's communications?
5. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Regina deal with her brothers when they arrive to check on Horace after his heart attack in Act 3?
2. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the downfall of Lionnet.
3. According to Ben, why does his family now own Lionnet?
4. Discuss Birdie's dislike for her husband's shooting hobby.
5. How does the audience know Alexandra will really leave?
6. What was the discussion between Addie and Horace when he first arrives home?
7. Why doesn't Birdie get what she wants from her house in Act 1?
8. How does Horace quickly foil the plan Regina is concocting when she learns the truth about the bonds?
9. What has Horace learned that the Hubbards have promised to Mr. Marshall?
10. Describe Horace's health during the trip and upon arrival home.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)