|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Regina's brothers isn't married?
2. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
3. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
(a) It still practices slave labor so wages will be cheaper there.
(b) It's population is booming.
(c) It's proximity to the ocean.
(d) They live in the the same town and raised their families there.
4. Who thinks Horace is not interested in the business deal?
(b) Regina's brothers.
5. Who says a man isn't in business only for what he can get out of it --it has to mean something to his heart, too?
(b) Mr. Marshall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birdie detest about her husband's hobby?
2. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
3. What does Oscar say he wants to do with his money?
4. What business does the family want to start in their hometown?
5. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Horace suspect will enforce the promises the family made to Mr. Marshall and how?
2. According to Ben, why does his family now own Lionnet?
3. How does the audience know Alexandra will really leave?
4. What is the argument between Regina and her brothers at the end of Act 2?
5. What does Cal report when he returns from his errand?
6. Briefly describe Cal.
7. What does Horace reveal to Regina about his will in Act 3?
8. Why does Mr. Marshall say he wants to build a mill in the southern town?
9. What does Birdie say about her marriage to Oscar in Act 3?
10. Discuss the contents of Horace's safe deposit box and what they say about Horace.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)