|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business does the family want to start in their hometown?
(a) A dress shop.
(b) A cotton mill.
(c) A cotton gin.
(d) A train station.
2. Who discreetly agrees with Birdie's dislike for her husband's hobby?
3. What does Ben say he wants to do with his money?
(b) Buy a stable in Savannah.
4. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
5. In Act 1, who is anxious to move?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Birdie's husband respond to her complaint about his hobby?
2. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
3. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
4. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
5. Who cooked the special dinner in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe Addie.
2. What is the real reason Mr. Marshall wants to build a mill in the southern town?
3. How does Horace quickly foil the plan Regina is concocting when she learns the truth about the bonds?
4. What does Birdie say about her marriage to Oscar in Act 3?
5. How much time has passed since Act 1 and how does Act 2 open?
6. Discuss the talk Horace has with Addie when they are alone in the parlor in Act 3.
7. Discuss three characters with good morals in Act 2 and the events that demonstrate their goodness.
8. How does Regina deal with her brothers when they arrive to check on Horace after his heart attack in Act 3?
9. Discuss Alexandra's attitude at the end of Act 3.
10. Why doesn't Birdie get what she wants from her house in Act 1?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)