|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
2. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
(a) Alexandra and Leo.
(b) Regina and Mr. Marshall.
(c) Birdie and Horace.
(d) Addie and Cal.
3. Which character officially fits the title used by Mr. Marshall to describe the family?
4. Who takes Mr. Marshall back to his train?
(a) Oscar and Ben.
(b) Ben and Leo.
(c) Leo and Alexandra.
(d) Ben and Horace.
5. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
(a) The North.
(b) The West.
(c) The South.
(d) The Atlantic Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
2. What was the Lionnet?
3. Who gets slapped in Act 1?
4. What is Horace's initial response to his family's communications?
5. In Act 1, who is anxious to move?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss three characters with good morals in Act 2 and the events that demonstrate their goodness.
2. Does Ben know from whom Ben and Leo plan to borrow the money? How do you know?
3. Discuss Oscar's scheme to borrow Horace's bonds.
4. Discuss the mood at the beginning of Act 3.
5. What does Regina say happens to her brothers if Horace lives? What if he dies?
6. How does Oscar tell Ben about finding another investor?
7. What does Mr. Marshall like about Regina's family?
8. Discuss why Birdie gets slapped in Act 1.
9. In Act 3, what information does Horace tell Birdie in front of Regina?
10. Why does Regina glare at Horace as she enters in Act 3?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)