|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
(a) Birdie and Horace.
(b) Cal and Addie.
(c) Birdie and Alexandra.
(d) Leo and Alexandra.
2. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
(a) Travel and hunt.
(b) Ride horses in Savannah.
(c) Buy a pecan farm.
(d) Restore an old plantation.
3. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
(a) The dry air of the west is nothing like their hospitality.
(b) Northern wives, with the way they kiss, keep their husbands warm at night.
(c) He can't think of anything healthier than salty air.
(d) Southerners live better than the rest of the country.
4. What does Birdie detest about her husband's hobby?
(a) The smell of cigar smoke.
(b) He never wins, and loses much of their money.
(c) The smell of paints.
(d) He kills animals then throws them away.
5. What does Ben say he wants to do with his money?
(b) Buy a stable in Savannah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who challenges Mr. Marshall's choice of term that he used in reference to the family?
2. What does Oscar say he wants to do with his money?
3. Who does the slapping in Act 1?
4. What played a role in the fall of the Lionnet?
5. How does Birdie's husband respond to her complaint about his hobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument between Regina and her brothers at the end of Act 2?
2. Briefly describe Cal.
3. Who does Horace suspect will enforce the promises the family made to Mr. Marshall and how?
4. Discuss the importance of the props placed near Horace in the beginning of Act 3.
5. Briefly describe Addie.
6. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the downfall of Lionnet.
7. What does Cal report when he returns from his errand?
8. Discuss Alexandra's attitude at the end of Act 3.
9. Discuss two ways that Horace intends to obstruct the schemes of Regina and her brothers.
10. What does Birdie say about her marriage to Oscar in Act 3?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)