|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oscar like about Jekyll Island?
(a) Getting away from his wife.
(b) It has great shooting.
(c) The scenery.
(d) The pecans there are huge.
2. Who thinks Horace is holding out for more than a third of the deal?
3. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
4. What was the special occasion in Act 1?
(a) A special guest discussing business.
(b) A relative visiting from far away.
(c) The return of Horace from the hospital.
(d) Zan's birthday.
5. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
2. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
3. Who particularly likes the idea of the unlikely marriage?
4. Which character officially fits the title used by Mr. Marshall to describe the family?
5. Who discreetly agrees with Birdie's dislike for her husband's hobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Horace return downstairs after arguing with Regina in Act 2?
2. How much time has passed between the end of Act 2 and the beginning of Act 3? What is Horace's physical condition at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What does Horace reveal to Regina about his will in Act 3?
4. Briefly describe Addie.
5. What are Mr. Marshall's thoughts about Southerners?
6. Discuss the importance of the props placed near Horace in the beginning of Act 3.
7. Discuss Mr. Marshall's comment that Southern aristocrats stay together and keep what belongs to them.
8. What does Birdie say about her marriage to Oscar in Act 3?
9. Discuss the mood at the beginning of Act 3.
10. Discuss Birdie's dislike for her husband's shooting hobby.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)