|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Regina's brothers isn't married?
2. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
3. What drink does the butler bring into the parlor in Act 1?
4. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
(a) It's proximity to the ocean.
(b) It's population is booming.
(c) It still practices slave labor so wages will be cheaper there.
(d) They live in the the same town and raised their families there.
5. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
(a) To come home and be taken care of.
(c) To let her father rest.
(d) The local doctor's new concoction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the family lacking in order to complete their business transaction?
2. What does Birdie want retrieved from her house?
3. According to Ben, who is not very adaptable?
4. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
5. What does Oscar like about Jekyll Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Horace reveal to Regina about his will in Act 3?
2. Discuss what Birdie, Zan and Horace are doing at the beginning of Act 3.
3. Discuss Ben's idea of keeping the profits from their business deal strictly within the family.
4. Describe Horace's health during the trip and upon arrival home.
5. Is Birdie respected by the rest of the family? Why or why not?
6. Discuss the importance of the props placed near Horace in the beginning of Act 3.
7. What are Horace's instructions to Cal in Act 3?
8. Discuss two ways that Horace intends to obstruct the schemes of Regina and her brothers.
9. What is ironic about Regina's greeting of her husband when he arrives home in Act 2?
10. How much time has passed since Act 1 and how does Act 2 open?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)