|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the special occasion in Act 1?
(a) The return of Horace from the hospital.
(b) Zan's birthday.
(c) A special guest discussing business.
(d) A relative visiting from far away.
2. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
(a) Restore an old plantation.
(b) Ride horses in Savannah.
(c) Buy a pecan farm.
(d) Travel and hunt.
3. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
(a) Alexandra and Leo.
(b) Addie and Cal.
(c) Regina and Birdie.
(d) Ben and Oscar.
4. Who particularly likes the idea of the unlikely marriage?
5. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birdie want retrieved from her house?
2. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
3. Who does the slapping in Act 1?
4. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
5. What played a role in the fall of the Lionnet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the events just before and just after Horace goes into cardiac arrest in Act 3.
2. What does Alexandra say Horace told her about the Hubbard family? Which other character has used the same analogy?
3. Briefly describe Cal.
4. How does Regina deal with her brothers when they arrive to check on Horace after his heart attack in Act 3?
5. How does Horace quickly foil the plan Regina is concocting when she learns the truth about the bonds?
6. Why doesn't Ben shake Leo's hand in Act 2?
7. What was the discussion between Addie and Horace when he first arrives home?
8. Discuss the mood at the beginning of Act 3.
9. Does Ben know from whom Ben and Leo plan to borrow the money? How do you know?
10. Discuss Oscar's scheme to borrow Horace's bonds.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)