|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Birdie want to run an errand for her?
(b) One of the farm hands.
(c) One of the kitchen boys.
2. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
3. What does Oscar say he wants to do with his money?
(a) Travel and hunt.
(b) Buy a pecan farm.
(c) Restore an old plantation.
(d) Ride horses in Savannah.
4. What does Oscar like about Jekyll Island?
(a) Getting away from his wife.
(b) It has great shooting.
(c) The scenery.
(d) The pecans there are huge.
5. What does Birdie want retrieved from her house?
(a) A compact disc.
(b) Some sheet music.
(c) An album.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city is Alexandra's father?
2. Where is Mr. Marshall's home?
3. In Act 1, who is anxious to move?
4. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
5. Why does the family want the business in their hometown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the downfall of Lionnet.
2. Why does Regina glare at Horace as she enters in Act 3?
3. What does Regina cruelly accuse Horace of at the end of Act 2 and what is his response?
4. What reason does Horace give the family for not participating in the mill deal?
5. Discuss the events just before and just after Horace goes into cardiac arrest in Act 3.
6. Is Birdie respected by the rest of the family? Why or why not?
7. Why does Horace return downstairs after arguing with Regina in Act 2?
8. Discuss why Birdie gets slapped in Act 1.
9. What is ironic about Regina's greeting of her husband when he arrives home in Act 2?
10. In whose home does Act 1 take place?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)