|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drink does the butler bring into the parlor in Act 1?
2. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
(a) Cal and Addie.
(b) Leo and Alexandra.
(c) Birdie and Alexandra.
(d) Birdie and Horace.
3. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
4. Who thinks Horace is holding out for more than a third of the deal?
5. Who cooked the special dinner in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is disgusted by the idea of the unlikely marriage?
2. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
3. According to Ben, who is not very adaptable?
4. What does Ben say he wants to do with his money?
5. What does Birdie detest about her husband's hobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Horace's instructions to Cal in Act 3?
2. What was the discussion between Addie and Horace when he first arrives home?
3. Discuss Birdie's dislike for her husband's shooting hobby.
4. Discuss Oscar's scheme to borrow Horace's bonds.
5. Briefly describe Addie.
6. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the Southern aristocracy.
7. Discuss the events just before and just after Horace goes into cardiac arrest in Act 3.
8. Discuss Ben's idea of keeping the profits from their business deal strictly within the family.
9. Describe the discussion between Oscar and Leo as they wait for Regina to come down for breakfast.
10. What does Mr. Marshall like about Regina's family?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)