|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
(a) The West.
(b) The Atlantic Coast.
(c) The South.
(d) The North.
2. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
3. What was the Lionnet?
(a) A plantation.
(b) A railroad line.
(c) A retail location.
(d) A fabric mill.
4. What does Oscar like about Jekyll Island?
(a) Getting away from his wife.
(b) The scenery.
(c) The pecans there are huge.
(d) It has great shooting.
5. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks Horace is holding out for more than a third of the deal?
2. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
3. How does the family communicate with Horace regarding the business matter?
4. Who does the slapping in Act 1?
5. What does Birdie want retrieved from her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Oscar's scheme to borrow Horace's bonds.
2. Discuss Mr. Marshall's comment that Southern aristocrats stay together and keep what belongs to them.
3. Briefly describe Cal.
4. Why doesn't Birdie get what she wants from her house in Act 1?
5. How will the Hubbard brothers pay back their loan and in what time frame?
6. How does Regina deal with her brothers when they arrive to check on Horace after his heart attack in Act 3?
7. Discuss three characters with good morals in Act 2 and the events that demonstrate their goodness.
8. What does Cal think about Horace's instructions to return the safe deposit box?
9. Discuss the events just before and just after Horace goes into cardiac arrest in Act 3.
10. Describe Regina's reaction to Horace's refusal to participate in the deal.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)