|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben say he wants to do with his money?
(b) Buy a stable in Savannah.
2. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
3. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
4. What does Birdie want retrieved from her house?
(a) An album.
(b) A compact disc.
(c) A book.
(d) Some sheet music.
5. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
(a) He can't think of anything healthier than salty air.
(b) The dry air of the west is nothing like their hospitality.
(c) Southerners live better than the rest of the country.
(d) Northern wives, with the way they kiss, keep their husbands warm at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discreetly agrees with Birdie's dislike for her husband's hobby?
2. What was the special occasion in Act 1?
3. Who does the slapping in Act 1?
4. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
5. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Ben know from whom Ben and Leo plan to borrow the money? How do you know?
2. What does Alexandra say Horace told her about the Hubbard family? Which other character has used the same analogy?
3. Why does Regina glare at Horace as she enters in Act 3?
4. Discuss Alexandra's attitude at the end of Act 3.
5. Discuss what Birdie, Zan and Horace are doing at the beginning of Act 3.
6. Is Birdie respected by the rest of the family? Why or why not?
7. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the Southern aristocracy.
8. Discuss the importance of the props placed near Horace in the beginning of Act 3.
9. How much time has passed since Act 1 and how does Act 2 open?
10. Describe the discussion between Oscar and Leo as they wait for Regina to come down for breakfast.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)