|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birdie detest about her husband's hobby?
(a) He kills animals then throws them away.
(b) The smell of paints.
(c) The smell of cigar smoke.
(d) He never wins, and loses much of their money.
2. As Mr. Marshall says his goodbyes, who commits to coming to his home town for a visit?
3. Which of Regina's brothers isn't married?
4. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
5. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
(a) The Atlantic Coast.
(b) The North.
(c) The West.
(d) The South.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Horace's initial response to his family's communications?
2. Where is Mr. Marshall's home?
3. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
4. How does Birdie's husband respond to her complaint about his hobby?
5. After their business dinner, how much time does the family have to come up with the money for their business deal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss why Birdie gets slapped in Act 1.
2. Discuss three characters with good morals in Act 2 and the events that demonstrate their goodness.
3. Who does Horace suspect will enforce the promises the family made to Mr. Marshall and how?
4. What does Cal report when he returns from his errand?
5. How much time has passed since Act 1 and how does Act 2 open?
6. What are Mr. Marshall's thoughts about Southerners?
7. Discuss Birdie's dislike for her husband's shooting hobby.
8. Discuss two ways that Horace intends to obstruct the schemes of Regina and her brothers.
9. What does Regina cruelly accuse Horace of at the end of Act 2 and what is his response?
10. What does Alexandra say Horace told her about the Hubbard family? Which other character has used the same analogy?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)