|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Regina greet her husband in Act 2?
(a) With a handshake.
(b) With no emotion at all.
(c) With a hug.
(d) With a warm kiss.
2. Who does Horace ask why he's been called home?
3. Why is Alexandra distraught during the family's visit in Act 2?
(a) All the answers are correct.
(b) Her parents continue to fight.
(c) Her mother is stressing her father.
(d) Her father's health condition is weakened.
4. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
5. What does Alexandra overhear her mother tell her father in Act 2?
(a) She's going to kill him.
(b) She hopes he dies soon.
(c) Zan is not his daughter.
(d) She's in love with Mr. Marshall.
6. What company bonds are in the safe deposit box?
(b) General Electric.
(c) Bell Telephone.
(d) Union Pacific.
7. Despite the fact that Horace is tired, who pushes him to talk about the pending business deal?
8. Why is the family arguing at the end of Act 2?`
(a) They all want to be the ones who travel to close the deal.
(b) Regina knows the truth and lets her brothers know this.
(c) The brothers have cut Regina out of the business deal.
(d) They don't trust each other with all that money.
9. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
10. Who follows Horace to argue when he leaves the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
11. Who rummaged through someone else's safe deposit box?
12. What does Regina wonder aloud in front of her guests might have contributed to Horace's poor health?
(a) His own cheapness.
(b) His greed.
(c) His "cheap women."
(d) His "fancy women."
13. In determining how much time they have to pay back Horace's share of the money, what assumption does the family make?
(a) That they will be able to afford the interest rate.
(b) That Horace has already seen his safe deposit box before arriving home.
(c) That the interest rate won't increase.
(d) That they can get the bonds cashed.
14. What is the cash value of the items in the safe deposit box?
15. Who tells Ben that the family has come up with Horace's share of money?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
2. Whose shoe is in the safe deposit box?
3. Who ignores Alexandra's plea to stop stressing her father?
4. What basic principle is behind Horace's decision not to give Regina money for the business deal?
5. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)