|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to stop the argument in Act 2?
2. How is it explained to Ben that the family came up with Horace's share of the money?
(a) They'll each have to kick in a little more money.
(b) They'll borrow it from a friend of Leo's.
(c) They'll borrow it from Mr. Marshall, then pay him back.
(d) Zan is going to give them her trust fund.
3. What is Regina's maiden name?
4. What cruel statement does Regina tell Horace as they argue in Act 2?
(a) Zan is not his daughter.
(b) She has been in love with his best friend.
(c) He only wants bad things for her because of his own pending death.
(d) She hates him.
5. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
6. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
7. How does Regina greet her husband in Act 2?
(a) With a hug.
(b) With a warm kiss.
(c) With a handshake.
(d) With no emotion at all.
8. Which marriage is discussed before Horace meets the entire family?
(a) Birdie and Oscar.
(b) Zan to Leo.
(c) His own marriage to Regina.
(d) Regina to Mr. Marshall.
9. Who tells the rest of the family that Horace is ready to see them?
10. In what city will the business deal be finalized?
11. To whom does the safe deposit box belong?
12. Who is concerned about Horace's health in Act 2?
(a) Regina and Zan.
(b) Addie and Zan.
(c) Only Zan.
(d) Leo and Zan.
13. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
14. What does Horace drink to prepare for his visit with the family?
(c) Sweet tea.
15. In Act 2, when do Regina's true feelings come out?
(a) When Horace tells her no and when her brothers cut her from the deal.
(b) When Zan begs her not to fight any more.
(c) When she realizes she's not going to travel.
(d) When she sees that Horace is tired and ailing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Regina in Act 2 that the funding problem is settled?
2. What is the brilliant idea that is derived after learning the contents of the safe deposit box?
3. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
4. What does Regina wonder aloud in front of her guests might have contributed to Horace's poor health?
5. Who does Regina learn will be going to finalize the business deal?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)