|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrive at Regina's house very early in the morning?
(a) Horace and Zan.
(b) Ben and Oscar.
(c) Birdie and Oscar.
(d) Oscar and Leo.
2. In what way does the one who tries to stop the argument in Act 2 suggest that Horace should be approached?
(a) With a quick blow to the head.
(b) With "softness and a smile."
(c) With a gun to end his life.
(d) With "love and understanding."
3. Which marriage is discussed before Horace meets the entire family?
(a) Regina to Mr. Marshall.
(b) His own marriage to Regina.
(c) Zan to Leo.
(d) Birdie and Oscar.
4. What is the family lacking at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Clever ideas.
(b) Reliable transportation.
(c) Time to get to the meeting.
(d) Horace's share of the investment.
5. What is the cash value of the items in the safe deposit box?
6. Why is the family arguing at the end of Act 2?`
(a) They don't trust each other with all that money.
(b) Regina knows the truth and lets her brothers know this.
(c) They all want to be the ones who travel to close the deal.
(d) The brothers have cut Regina out of the business deal.
7. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
(a) Because he thinks they're all crazy.
(b) Because he and Regina have enough money.
(c) He doesn't want to do business with a bunch of liars.
(d) Because he's divorcing Regina.
8. In Act 2, when do Regina's true feelings come out?
(a) When she realizes she's not going to travel.
(b) When she sees that Horace is tired and ailing.
(c) When Zan begs her not to fight any more.
(d) When Horace tells her no and when her brothers cut her from the deal.
9. Who greets Horace and Alexandra when they arrive home?
(d) The entire family.
10. What does Regina wonder aloud in front of her guests might have contributed to Horace's poor health?
(a) His "cheap women."
(b) His "fancy women."
(c) His greed.
(d) His own cheapness.
11. What does Horace drink to prepare for his visit with the family?
(b) Sweet tea.
12. How does the family intend to honor their employee-related promises to Mr. Marshall?
(a) They have no intentions of honoring their promises.
(b) By playing the employees against each other.
(c) By tight micro-managment.
(d) By lying to them.
13. Who is concerned about Horace's health in Act 2?
(a) Addie and Zan.
(b) Leo and Zan.
(c) Regina and Zan.
(d) Only Zan.
14. How much time will the family have to pay back Horace's share of the money?
(a) About a year.
(b) About 11 months.
(c) About five months.
(d) About a week.
15. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
(a) A cameo.
(b) A watch.
(c) A ring.
(d) Cuff links.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mutters "over my dead body" in Act 2?
2. Who rummaged through someone else's safe deposit box?
3. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
4. What does Alexandra overhear her mother tell her father in Act 2?
5. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)