|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
2. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
(a) Horace likes blues music.
(b) Horace wanted to see the sights.
(c) Horace was not feeling well.
(d) It's been while since Horace and Alexandra had any time to themselves.
3. Who tells Regina in Act 2 that the funding problem is settled?
4. What is the phrase used to describe the wealth Regina's family wants?
(a) "Filthy rich."
(b) "Super rich."
(c) "High-tone rich."
(d) "Mega money."
5. Despite the fact that Horace is tired, who pushes him to talk about the pending business deal?
6. Whose shoe is in the safe deposit box?
7. Who attempts to stop the argument in Act 2?
8. What cruel statement does Regina tell Horace as they argue in Act 2?
(a) She has been in love with his best friend.
(b) Zan is not his daughter.
(c) He only wants bad things for her because of his own pending death.
(d) She hates him.
9. How much time will the family have to pay back Horace's share of the money?
(a) About a week.
(b) About a year.
(c) About 11 months.
(d) About five months.
10. In what way does the one who tries to stop the argument in Act 2 suggest that Horace should be approached?
(a) With "softness and a smile."
(b) With "love and understanding."
(c) With a gun to end his life.
(d) With a quick blow to the head.
11. What does Horace drink to prepare for his visit with the family?
(b) Sweet tea.
12. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
13. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
(a) He doesn't want to do business with a bunch of liars.
(b) Because he's divorcing Regina.
(c) Because he and Regina have enough money.
(d) Because he thinks they're all crazy.
14. Who tells Ben that the family has come up with Horace's share of money?
15. Who rummaged through someone else's safe deposit box?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Regina learn will be going to finalize the business deal?
2. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
3. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
4. What is the brilliant idea that is derived after learning the contents of the safe deposit box?
5. Which marriage is discussed before Horace meets the entire family?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)