|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cruel statement does Regina tell Horace as they argue in Act 2?
(a) She hates him.
(b) Zan is not his daughter.
(c) He only wants bad things for her because of his own pending death.
(d) She has been in love with his best friend.
2. What basic principle is behind Horace's decision not to give Regina money for the business deal?
3. Who tells Regina in Act 2 that the funding problem is settled?
4. Why does the family need to travel out of state?
(a) To finish the deal with Mr. Marshall.
(b) For adventure.
(c) To look for more businesses to buy.
(d) To get better health services for Horace.
5. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
(a) Horace wanted to see the sights.
(b) Horace likes blues music.
(c) It's been while since Horace and Alexandra had any time to themselves.
(d) Horace was not feeling well.
6. Which marriage is discussed before Horace meets the entire family?
(a) Regina to Mr. Marshall.
(b) Birdie and Oscar.
(c) Zan to Leo.
(d) His own marriage to Regina.
7. What does Alexandra overhear her mother tell her father in Act 2?
(a) She's in love with Mr. Marshall.
(b) She's going to kill him.
(c) She hopes he dies soon.
(d) Zan is not his daughter.
8. What else about the prospective facility does the family promise Mr. Marshall regarding employees?
(a) A skilled labor force.
(b) Much of the work will be computerized.
(c) No strikes.
(d) No benefits.
9. To whom does the safe deposit box belong?
10. What does Horace drink to prepare for his visit with the family?
(b) Sweet tea.
11. Who does Regina learn will be going to finalize the business deal?
(d) Mr. Marshall.
12. In what city will the business deal be finalized?
13. What is the phrase used to describe the wealth Regina's family wants?
(a) "Super rich."
(b) "High-tone rich."
(c) "Filthy rich."
(d) "Mega money."
14. How does Regina greet her husband in Act 2?
(a) With a handshake.
(b) With a hug.
(c) With no emotion at all.
(d) With a warm kiss.
15. Who does Horace ask why he's been called home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Horace leave the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
2. Why does Horace believe the family's business decision is wrong?
3. Who tells Ben that the family has come up with Horace's share of money?
4. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
5. Why does Horace return from his rest to the family visit in Act 2?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)