|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ignores Alexandra's plea to stop stressing her father?
2. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
(a) He doesn't want to do business with a bunch of liars.
(b) Because he and Regina have enough money.
(c) Because he thinks they're all crazy.
(d) Because he's divorcing Regina.
3. Armed with the knowledge of the safe deposit box, who gets a brilliant idea?
4. Who attempts to stop the argument in Act 2?
5. In what city will the business deal be finalized?
6. In determining how much time they have to pay back Horace's share of the money, what assumption does the family make?
(a) That the interest rate won't increase.
(b) That they will be able to afford the interest rate.
(c) That Horace has already seen his safe deposit box before arriving home.
(d) That they can get the bonds cashed.
7. Who arrive at Regina's house very early in the morning?
(a) Horace and Zan.
(b) Birdie and Oscar.
(c) Oscar and Leo.
(d) Ben and Oscar.
8. Who greets Horace and Alexandra when they arrive home?
(a) The entire family.
9. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
(b) Fair with lots of possiblities to grow within the company.
10. Who does Regina learn will be going to finalize the business deal?
(d) Mr. Marshall.
11. What does Alexandra overhear her mother tell her father in Act 2?
(a) Zan is not his daughter.
(b) She's going to kill him.
(c) She hopes he dies soon.
(d) She's in love with Mr. Marshall.
12. Who is concerned about Horace's health in Act 2?
(a) Addie and Zan.
(b) Only Zan.
(c) Leo and Zan.
(d) Regina and Zan.
13. How does the family intend to honor their employee-related promises to Mr. Marshall?
(a) By playing the employees against each other.
(b) They have no intentions of honoring their promises.
(c) By lying to them.
(d) By tight micro-managment.
14. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
15. What is the phrase used to describe the wealth Regina's family wants?
(a) "Mega money."
(b) "High-tone rich."
(c) "Filthy rich."
(d) "Super rich."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cash value of the items in the safe deposit box?
2. Who does Horace ask why he's been called home?
3. Who follows Horace to argue when he leaves the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
4. What basic principle is behind Horace's decision not to give Regina money for the business deal?
5. What other family plan will Horace not endorse?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)