|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Horace believe the family's business decision is wrong?
(a) They know nothing about management.
(b) They know nothing about industrialization.
(c) They will make money off the labor of men who will not be paid a fair wage.
(d) They know nothing about cotton.
2. How does Regina greet her husband in Act 2?
(a) With a hug.
(b) With a handshake.
(c) With a warm kiss.
(d) With no emotion at all.
3. Who does Regina learn will be going to finalize the business deal?
(c) Mr. Marshall.
4. Who ignores Alexandra's plea to stop stressing her father?
5. What basic principle is behind Horace's decision not to give Regina money for the business deal?
6. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
(a) A ring.
(b) A watch.
(c) A cameo.
(d) Cuff links.
7. Who arrive at Regina's house very early in the morning?
(a) Horace and Zan.
(b) Ben and Oscar.
(c) Oscar and Leo.
(d) Birdie and Oscar.
8. What is the cash value of the items in the safe deposit box?
9. Who rummaged through someone else's safe deposit box?
10. What is the family waiting for at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A check to clear.
(b) Money to arrive by Wells Fargo.
(c) Mr. Marshall to arrive.
(d) Horace to arrive.
11. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
12. Which marriage is discussed before Horace meets the entire family?
(a) Regina to Mr. Marshall.
(b) His own marriage to Regina.
(c) Zan to Leo.
(d) Birdie and Oscar.
13. Who mutters "over my dead body" in Act 2?
14. What is the condition of Horace's health?
(a) He has cancer.
(b) He has a bad heart.
(c) He has respiratory problems.
(d) He has diabetes.
15. What is the family lacking at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Horace's share of the investment.
(b) Reliable transportation.
(c) Clever ideas.
(d) Time to get to the meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
2. What company bonds are in the safe deposit box?
3. Why does Horace leave the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
4. Who tells Ben that the family has come up with Horace's share of money?
5. How does the family intend to honor their employee-related promises to Mr. Marshall?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)