|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does the one who tries to stop the argument in Act 2 suggest that Horace should be approached?
(a) With "love and understanding."
(b) With a quick blow to the head.
(c) With a gun to end his life.
(d) With "softness and a smile."
2. Who greets Horace and Alexandra when they arrive home?
(a) The entire family.
3. What company bonds are in the safe deposit box?
(a) Bell Telephone.
(b) General Electric.
(d) Union Pacific.
4. Whose shoe is in the safe deposit box?
5. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
(a) Because he and Regina have enough money.
(b) Because he thinks they're all crazy.
(c) Because he's divorcing Regina.
(d) He doesn't want to do business with a bunch of liars.
6. Who ignores Alexandra's plea to stop stressing her father?
7. Who works as a teller at the local bank?
8. What is the phrase used to describe the wealth Regina's family wants?
(a) "Mega money."
(b) "Super rich."
(c) "High-tone rich."
(d) "Filthy rich."
9. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
10. In Act 2, when do Regina's true feelings come out?
(a) When Zan begs her not to fight any more.
(b) When she realizes she's not going to travel.
(c) When Horace tells her no and when her brothers cut her from the deal.
(d) When she sees that Horace is tired and ailing.
11. Why is Alexandra distraught during the family's visit in Act 2?
(a) Her father's health condition is weakened.
(b) Her parents continue to fight.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) Her mother is stressing her father.
12. Who does Regina learn will be going to finalize the business deal?
(a) Mr. Marshall.
13. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
(a) Fair with lots of possiblities to grow within the company.
14. In what city will the business deal be finalized?
15. What musical instrument is -- at least in part -- in the safe deposit box?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the family waiting for at the beginning of Act 2?
2. How much time will the family have to pay back Horace's share of the money?
3. Why does Horace return from his rest to the family visit in Act 2?
4. What is the cash value of the items in the safe deposit box?
5. Who follows Horace to argue when he leaves the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)