|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cruel statement does Regina tell Horace as they argue in Act 2?
(a) She has been in love with his best friend.
(b) She hates him.
(c) He only wants bad things for her because of his own pending death.
(d) Zan is not his daughter.
2. What is Regina's maiden name?
3. Who mutters "over my dead body" in Act 2?
4. What does Regina wonder aloud in front of her guests might have contributed to Horace's poor health?
(a) His greed.
(b) His own cheapness.
(c) His "fancy women."
(d) His "cheap women."
5. To whom does the safe deposit box belong?
6. How often is the safe deposit box checked by its owner?
(a) Once a week.
(b) About twice a month.
(c) Once a year.
(d) About every six months.
7. Why is the family arguing at the end of Act 2?`
(a) The brothers have cut Regina out of the business deal.
(b) They don't trust each other with all that money.
(c) They all want to be the ones who travel to close the deal.
(d) Regina knows the truth and lets her brothers know this.
8. How much time will the family have to pay back Horace's share of the money?
(a) About a year.
(b) About 11 months.
(c) About a week.
(d) About five months.
9. How much time passes between the end of Act 1 and the beginning of Act 2?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One night.
10. In Act 2, when do Regina's true feelings come out?
(a) When Zan begs her not to fight any more.
(b) When she sees that Horace is tired and ailing.
(c) When Horace tells her no and when her brothers cut her from the deal.
(d) When she realizes she's not going to travel.
11. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
12. How does the family intend to honor their employee-related promises to Mr. Marshall?
(a) By lying to them.
(b) They have no intentions of honoring their promises.
(c) By tight micro-managment.
(d) By playing the employees against each other.
13. Who tells Regina in Act 2 that the funding problem is settled?
14. What does Horace drink to prepare for his visit with the family?
(c) Sweet tea.
15. Who does Horace ask why he's been called home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the family waiting for at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Who works as a teller at the local bank?
3. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
4. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
5. What other family plan will Horace not endorse?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)