|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of Horace's health?
(a) He has diabetes.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He has a bad heart.
(d) He has respiratory problems.
2. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
3. Who is with Regina as she has breakfast at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Horace and Zan.
(b) Her brothers and nephew.
(c) Addie and Cal.
(d) Her daughter.
4. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
(a) Because he thinks they're all crazy.
(b) Because he and Regina have enough money.
(c) Because he's divorcing Regina.
(d) He doesn't want to do business with a bunch of liars.
5. Who does Regina learn will be going to finalize the business deal?
(d) Mr. Marshall.
6. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
7. What cruel statement does Regina tell Horace as they argue in Act 2?
(a) Zan is not his daughter.
(b) She has been in love with his best friend.
(c) He only wants bad things for her because of his own pending death.
(d) She hates him.
8. Who mutters "over my dead body" in Act 2?
9. Whose shoe is in the safe deposit box?
10. What other family plan will Horace not endorse?
(a) Insurance benefits for employees.
(b) Building a new plantation.
(c) A marriage between Leo and Zan.
(d) Industrialization of the south.
11. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
12. What does Horace drink to prepare for his visit with the family?
(a) Sweet tea.
13. What is the family waiting for at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Money to arrive by Wells Fargo.
(b) Horace to arrive.
(c) A check to clear.
(d) Mr. Marshall to arrive.
14. What company bonds are in the safe deposit box?
(a) General Electric.
(b) Union Pacific.
(d) Bell Telephone.
15. Armed with the knowledge of the safe deposit box, who gets a brilliant idea?
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
2. In what city will the business deal be finalized?
3. In Act 2, when do Regina's true feelings come out?
4. Who tells Ben that the family has come up with Horace's share of money?
5. Why is Alexandra distraught during the family's visit in Act 2?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)