|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
(a) Horace was not feeling well.
(b) Horace likes blues music.
(c) Horace wanted to see the sights.
(d) It's been while since Horace and Alexandra had any time to themselves.
2. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
3. In what way does the one who tries to stop the argument in Act 2 suggest that Horace should be approached?
(a) With a quick blow to the head.
(b) With "love and understanding."
(c) With "softness and a smile."
(d) With a gun to end his life.
4. What is the phrase used to describe the wealth Regina's family wants?
(a) "Mega money."
(b) "Filthy rich."
(c) "Super rich."
(d) "High-tone rich."
5. What is the brilliant idea that is derived after learning the contents of the safe deposit box?
(a) To borrow the bonds, then pay them back.
(b) To take half the bonds and fill the rest of the envelopes with blank papers.
(c) To stage a fire at the bank and say the bonds were consumed.
(d) To steal the bonds outright.
6. Who mutters "over my dead body" in Act 2?
7. Why does the family need to travel out of state?
(a) To get better health services for Horace.
(b) To finish the deal with Mr. Marshall.
(c) To look for more businesses to buy.
(d) For adventure.
8. Who attempts to stop the argument in Act 2?
9. Why is the family arguing at the end of Act 2?`
(a) They don't trust each other with all that money.
(b) They all want to be the ones who travel to close the deal.
(c) The brothers have cut Regina out of the business deal.
(d) Regina knows the truth and lets her brothers know this.
10. Who rummaged through someone else's safe deposit box?
11. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
12. What is the cash value of the items in the safe deposit box?
13. What cruel statement does Regina tell Horace as they argue in Act 2?
(a) Zan is not his daughter.
(b) She has been in love with his best friend.
(c) He only wants bad things for her because of his own pending death.
(d) She hates him.
14. How does Regina greet her husband in Act 2?
(a) With a hug.
(b) With no emotion at all.
(c) With a handshake.
(d) With a warm kiss.
15. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
(d) Fair with lots of possiblities to grow within the company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of Horace's health?
2. How does the family intend to honor their employee-related promises to Mr. Marshall?
3. Who arrive at Regina's house very early in the morning?
4. What is the family waiting for at the beginning of Act 2?
5. How much time passes between the end of Act 1 and the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)