|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is concerned about Horace's health in Act 2?
(a) Regina and Zan.
(b) Leo and Zan.
(c) Only Zan.
(d) Addie and Zan.
2. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
(a) It's been while since Horace and Alexandra had any time to themselves.
(b) Horace likes blues music.
(c) Horace wanted to see the sights.
(d) Horace was not feeling well.
3. Why does the family need to travel out of state?
(a) To look for more businesses to buy.
(b) To finish the deal with Mr. Marshall.
(c) To get better health services for Horace.
(d) For adventure.
4. Who ignores Alexandra's plea to stop stressing her father?
5. In determining how much time they have to pay back Horace's share of the money, what assumption does the family make?
(a) That they will be able to afford the interest rate.
(b) That they can get the bonds cashed.
(c) That Horace has already seen his safe deposit box before arriving home.
(d) That the interest rate won't increase.
6. How often is the safe deposit box checked by its owner?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Once a week.
(c) About twice a month.
(d) About every six months.
7. Who is with Regina as she has breakfast at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Horace and Zan.
(b) Addie and Cal.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her brothers and nephew.
8. What is Regina's maiden name?
9. Whose shoe is in the safe deposit box?
10. Despite the fact that Horace is tired, who pushes him to talk about the pending business deal?
11. Who mutters "over my dead body" in Act 2?
12. In what way does the one who tries to stop the argument in Act 2 suggest that Horace should be approached?
(a) With a gun to end his life.
(b) With a quick blow to the head.
(c) With "love and understanding."
(d) With "softness and a smile."
13. How is it explained to Ben that the family came up with Horace's share of the money?
(a) They'll borrow it from a friend of Leo's.
(b) They'll each have to kick in a little more money.
(c) Zan is going to give them her trust fund.
(d) They'll borrow it from Mr. Marshall, then pay him back.
14. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
(a) He doesn't want to do business with a bunch of liars.
(b) Because he's divorcing Regina.
(c) Because he thinks they're all crazy.
(d) Because he and Regina have enough money.
15. Who tells Regina in Act 2 that the funding problem is settled?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Regina greet her husband in Act 2?
2. How does the family intend to honor their employee-related promises to Mr. Marshall?
3. Why does Horace believe the family's business decision is wrong?
4. What does Alexandra overhear her mother tell her father in Act 2?
5. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)