|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Regina greet her husband in Act 2?
(a) With a hug.
(b) With no emotion at all.
(c) With a handshake.
(d) With a warm kiss.
2. What company bonds are in the safe deposit box?
(b) Union Pacific.
(c) General Electric.
(d) Bell Telephone.
3. Who ignores Alexandra's plea to stop stressing her father?
4. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
(a) A ring.
(b) A watch.
(c) A cameo.
(d) Cuff links.
5. Why does Horace believe the family's business decision is wrong?
(a) They know nothing about industrialization.
(b) They know nothing about cotton.
(c) They know nothing about management.
(d) They will make money off the labor of men who will not be paid a fair wage.
6. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
7. Why does Horace leave the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
(a) To go for a walk.
(b) To shower.
(c) To lie down.
(d) To eat dinner.
8. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
(d) Fair with lots of possiblities to grow within the company.
9. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
10. How is it explained to Ben that the family came up with Horace's share of the money?
(a) They'll each have to kick in a little more money.
(b) They'll borrow it from Mr. Marshall, then pay him back.
(c) Zan is going to give them her trust fund.
(d) They'll borrow it from a friend of Leo's.
11. Who tells Ben that the family has come up with Horace's share of money?
12. How much time will the family have to pay back Horace's share of the money?
(a) About five months.
(b) About a year.
(c) About 11 months.
(d) About a week.
13. What does Regina wonder aloud in front of her guests might have contributed to Horace's poor health?
(a) His "fancy women."
(b) His "cheap women."
(c) His own cheapness.
(d) His greed.
14. What is the condition of Horace's health?
(a) He has diabetes.
(b) He has a bad heart.
(c) He has respiratory problems.
(d) He has cancer.
15. What is the cash value of the items in the safe deposit box?
Short Answer Questions
1. What basic principle is behind Horace's decision not to give Regina money for the business deal?
2. Why does the family need to travel out of state?
3. Who rummaged through someone else's safe deposit box?
4. To whom does the safe deposit box belong?
5. What cruel statement does Regina tell Horace as they argue in Act 2?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)