|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Regina in Act 2 that the funding problem is settled?
2. Which marriage is discussed before Horace meets the entire family?
(a) Regina to Mr. Marshall.
(b) His own marriage to Regina.
(c) Birdie and Oscar.
(d) Zan to Leo.
3. How much time passes between the end of Act 1 and the beginning of Act 2?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One night.
4. What company bonds are in the safe deposit box?
(b) Bell Telephone.
(c) Union Pacific.
(d) General Electric.
5. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
(a) It's been while since Horace and Alexandra had any time to themselves.
(b) Horace likes blues music.
(c) Horace was not feeling well.
(d) Horace wanted to see the sights.
6. What basic principle is behind Horace's decision not to give Regina money for the business deal?
7. What cruel statement does Regina tell Horace as they argue in Act 2?
(a) She has been in love with his best friend.
(b) She hates him.
(c) Zan is not his daughter.
(d) He only wants bad things for her because of his own pending death.
8. How is it explained to Ben that the family came up with Horace's share of the money?
(a) They'll each have to kick in a little more money.
(b) They'll borrow it from a friend of Leo's.
(c) Zan is going to give them her trust fund.
(d) They'll borrow it from Mr. Marshall, then pay him back.
9. Who follows Horace to argue when he leaves the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
10. Why is the family arguing at the end of Act 2?`
(a) Regina knows the truth and lets her brothers know this.
(b) They all want to be the ones who travel to close the deal.
(c) They don't trust each other with all that money.
(d) The brothers have cut Regina out of the business deal.
11. Despite the fact that Horace is tired, who pushes him to talk about the pending business deal?
12. Who is with Regina as she has breakfast at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Addie and Cal.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her brothers and nephew.
(d) Horace and Zan.
13. Why does Horace return from his rest to the family visit in Act 2?
(a) Because he left the remote control in that room.
(b) To talk with Zan.
(c) To enjoy the dispute between his wife and her brothers.
(d) To let them know he changed his mind.
14. Who attempts to stop the argument in Act 2?
15. What is the brilliant idea that is derived after learning the contents of the safe deposit box?
(a) To stage a fire at the bank and say the bonds were consumed.
(b) To borrow the bonds, then pay them back.
(c) To steal the bonds outright.
(d) To take half the bonds and fill the rest of the envelopes with blank papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the safe deposit box belong?
2. Who does Regina learn will be going to finalize the business deal?
3. In determining how much time they have to pay back Horace's share of the money, what assumption does the family make?
4. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
5. Why does the family need to travel out of state?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)