|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who mutters "over my dead body" in Act 2?
2. What is the family waiting for at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Money to arrive by Wells Fargo.
(b) Mr. Marshall to arrive.
(c) A check to clear.
(d) Horace to arrive.
3. Who works as a teller at the local bank?
4. Why does Horace return from his rest to the family visit in Act 2?
(a) To talk with Zan.
(b) To enjoy the dispute between his wife and her brothers.
(c) To let them know he changed his mind.
(d) Because he left the remote control in that room.
5. What is the phrase used to describe the wealth Regina's family wants?
(a) "Super rich."
(b) "Mega money."
(c) "High-tone rich."
(d) "Filthy rich."
6. What does Alexandra overhear her mother tell her father in Act 2?
(a) She hopes he dies soon.
(b) She's going to kill him.
(c) She's in love with Mr. Marshall.
(d) Zan is not his daughter.
7. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
(a) Fair with lots of possiblities to grow within the company.
8. How much time will the family have to pay back Horace's share of the money?
(a) About five months.
(b) About 11 months.
(c) About a year.
(d) About a week.
9. In determining how much time they have to pay back Horace's share of the money, what assumption does the family make?
(a) That they will be able to afford the interest rate.
(b) That Horace has already seen his safe deposit box before arriving home.
(c) That they can get the bonds cashed.
(d) That the interest rate won't increase.
10. Who rummaged through someone else's safe deposit box?
11. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
12. To whom does the safe deposit box belong?
13. Who tells the rest of the family that Horace is ready to see them?
14. Who is with Regina as she has breakfast at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Horace and Zan.
(b) Her brothers and nephew.
(c) Addie and Cal.
(d) Her daughter.
15. Why does the family need to travel out of state?
(a) To look for more businesses to buy.
(b) For adventure.
(c) To get better health services for Horace.
(d) To finish the deal with Mr. Marshall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does the one who tries to stop the argument in Act 2 suggest that Horace should be approached?
2. What is the brilliant idea that is derived after learning the contents of the safe deposit box?
3. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
4. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
5. Who follows Horace to argue when he leaves the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)