|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Regina's maiden name?
2. Who mutters "over my dead body" in Act 2?
3. How is it explained to Ben that the family came up with Horace's share of the money?
(a) They'll borrow it from Mr. Marshall, then pay him back.
(b) They'll each have to kick in a little more money.
(c) Zan is going to give them her trust fund.
(d) They'll borrow it from a friend of Leo's.
4. What is the condition of Horace's health?
(a) He has respiratory problems.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He has a bad heart.
(d) He has diabetes.
5. Who tells Regina in Act 2 that the funding problem is settled?
6. Why does Horace believe the family's business decision is wrong?
(a) They know nothing about cotton.
(b) They know nothing about management.
(c) They know nothing about industrialization.
(d) They will make money off the labor of men who will not be paid a fair wage.
7. In determining how much time they have to pay back Horace's share of the money, what assumption does the family make?
(a) That the interest rate won't increase.
(b) That they can get the bonds cashed.
(c) That they will be able to afford the interest rate.
(d) That Horace has already seen his safe deposit box before arriving home.
8. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
(a) Fair with lots of possiblities to grow within the company.
9. What musical instrument is -- at least in part -- in the safe deposit box?
10. In what city will the business deal be finalized?
11. Who tells the rest of the family that Horace is ready to see them?
12. To whom does the safe deposit box belong?
13. Why does Horace return from his rest to the family visit in Act 2?
(a) To enjoy the dispute between his wife and her brothers.
(b) To let them know he changed his mind.
(c) To talk with Zan.
(d) Because he left the remote control in that room.
14. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
(a) Horace wanted to see the sights.
(b) Horace was not feeling well.
(c) It's been while since Horace and Alexandra had any time to themselves.
(d) Horace likes blues music.
15. Armed with the knowledge of the safe deposit box, who gets a brilliant idea?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does the one who tries to stop the argument in Act 2 suggest that Horace should be approached?
2. Whose shoe is in the safe deposit box?
3. Who does Horace ask why he's been called home?
4. How much time will the family have to pay back Horace's share of the money?
5. Why is Alexandra distraught during the family's visit in Act 2?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)