|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
(a) Cuff links.
(b) A watch.
(c) A ring.
(d) A cameo.
2. Whose shoe is in the safe deposit box?
3. How is it explained to Ben that the family came up with Horace's share of the money?
(a) Zan is going to give them her trust fund.
(b) They'll borrow it from a friend of Leo's.
(c) They'll borrow it from Mr. Marshall, then pay him back.
(d) They'll each have to kick in a little more money.
4. Despite the fact that Horace is tired, who pushes him to talk about the pending business deal?
5. Who greets Horace and Alexandra when they arrive home?
(b) The entire family.
6. Who tells Regina in Act 2 that the funding problem is settled?
7. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
(a) Horace was not feeling well.
(b) It's been while since Horace and Alexandra had any time to themselves.
(c) Horace wanted to see the sights.
(d) Horace likes blues music.
8. In what city will the business deal be finalized?
9. Who tells the rest of the family that Horace is ready to see them?
10. In Act 2, when do Regina's true feelings come out?
(a) When Zan begs her not to fight any more.
(b) When she realizes she's not going to travel.
(c) When she sees that Horace is tired and ailing.
(d) When Horace tells her no and when her brothers cut her from the deal.
11. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
(b) Fair with lots of possiblities to grow within the company.
12. In what way does the one who tries to stop the argument in Act 2 suggest that Horace should be approached?
(a) With a quick blow to the head.
(b) With a gun to end his life.
(c) With "softness and a smile."
(d) With "love and understanding."
13. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
14. What is the cash value of the items in the safe deposit box?
15. Who mutters "over my dead body" in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of Horace's health?
2. How does the family intend to honor their employee-related promises to Mr. Marshall?
3. Who ignores Alexandra's plea to stop stressing her father?
4. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
5. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)