|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to stop the argument in Act 2?
2. Who arrive at Regina's house very early in the morning?
(a) Ben and Oscar.
(b) Birdie and Oscar.
(c) Oscar and Leo.
(d) Horace and Zan.
3. Why does Horace return from his rest to the family visit in Act 2?
(a) To talk with Zan.
(b) Because he left the remote control in that room.
(c) To enjoy the dispute between his wife and her brothers.
(d) To let them know he changed his mind.
4. How much time passes between the end of Act 1 and the beginning of Act 2?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) One night.
5. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
(a) It's been while since Horace and Alexandra had any time to themselves.
(b) Horace wanted to see the sights.
(c) Horace was not feeling well.
(d) Horace likes blues music.
6. Who tells the rest of the family that Horace is ready to see them?
7. What other family plan will Horace not endorse?
(a) A marriage between Leo and Zan.
(b) Insurance benefits for employees.
(c) Building a new plantation.
(d) Industrialization of the south.
8. Whose shoe is in the safe deposit box?
9. Why does Horace believe the family's business decision is wrong?
(a) They know nothing about cotton.
(b) They know nothing about industrialization.
(c) They will make money off the labor of men who will not be paid a fair wage.
(d) They know nothing about management.
10. Who does Regina learn will be going to finalize the business deal?
(d) Mr. Marshall.
11. Who tells Regina in Act 2 that the funding problem is settled?
12. Despite the fact that Horace is tired, who pushes him to talk about the pending business deal?
13. Who does Horace ask why he's been called home?
14. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
(a) A ring.
(b) A cameo.
(c) Cuff links.
(d) A watch.
15. What does Alexandra overhear her mother tell her father in Act 2?
(a) She's in love with Mr. Marshall.
(b) Zan is not his daughter.
(c) She hopes he dies soon.
(d) She's going to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
2. What is the condition of Horace's health?
3. Who is concerned about Horace's health in Act 2?
4. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
5. What does Regina wonder aloud in front of her guests might have contributed to Horace's poor health?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)