|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In determining how much time they have to pay back Horace's share of the money, what assumption does the family make?
(a) That the interest rate won't increase.
(b) That they will be able to afford the interest rate.
(c) That Horace has already seen his safe deposit box before arriving home.
(d) That they can get the bonds cashed.
2. Who ignores Alexandra's plea to stop stressing her father?
3. What is the phrase used to describe the wealth Regina's family wants?
(a) "Super rich."
(b) "Filthy rich."
(c) "Mega money."
(d) "High-tone rich."
4. Who arrive at Regina's house very early in the morning?
(a) Oscar and Leo.
(b) Horace and Zan.
(c) Ben and Oscar.
(d) Birdie and Oscar.
5. Armed with the knowledge of the safe deposit box, who gets a brilliant idea?
6. What basic principle is behind Horace's decision not to give Regina money for the business deal?
7. How is it explained to Ben that the family came up with Horace's share of the money?
(a) They'll borrow it from Mr. Marshall, then pay him back.
(b) They'll each have to kick in a little more money.
(c) They'll borrow it from a friend of Leo's.
(d) Zan is going to give them her trust fund.
8. What is the cash value of the items in the safe deposit box?
9. Why is Alexandra distraught during the family's visit in Act 2?
(a) Her parents continue to fight.
(b) Her mother is stressing her father.
(c) Her father's health condition is weakened.
(d) All the answers are correct.
10. How much time will the family have to pay back Horace's share of the money?
(a) About five months.
(b) About a week.
(c) About 11 months.
(d) About a year.
11. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
12. In what way does the one who tries to stop the argument in Act 2 suggest that Horace should be approached?
(a) With a quick blow to the head.
(b) With "love and understanding."
(c) With "softness and a smile."
(d) With a gun to end his life.
13. What musical instrument is -- at least in part -- in the safe deposit box?
14. In Act 2, when do Regina's true feelings come out?
(a) When she realizes she's not going to travel.
(b) When she sees that Horace is tired and ailing.
(c) When Zan begs her not to fight any more.
(d) When Horace tells her no and when her brothers cut her from the deal.
15. What is Regina's maiden name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the fact that Horace is tired, who pushes him to talk about the pending business deal?
2. In what city will the business deal be finalized?
3. Who follows Horace to argue when he leaves the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
4. Who is with Regina as she has breakfast at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)