|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of Horace's health?
(a) He has a bad heart.
(b) He has diabetes.
(c) He has cancer.
(d) He has respiratory problems.
2. Who ignores Alexandra's plea to stop stressing her father?
3. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
(a) Horace likes blues music.
(b) Horace was not feeling well.
(c) It's been while since Horace and Alexandra had any time to themselves.
(d) Horace wanted to see the sights.
4. Who tells Ben that the family has come up with Horace's share of money?
5. How much time passes between the end of Act 1 and the beginning of Act 2?
(a) One night.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
6. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
(c) Fair with lots of possiblities to grow within the company.
7. What musical instrument is -- at least in part -- in the safe deposit box?
8. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
9. Who rummaged through someone else's safe deposit box?
10. Who tells the rest of the family that Horace is ready to see them?
11. What does Alexandra overhear her mother tell her father in Act 2?
(a) She hopes he dies soon.
(b) Zan is not his daughter.
(c) She's going to kill him.
(d) She's in love with Mr. Marshall.
12. Who does Regina learn will be going to finalize the business deal?
(c) Mr. Marshall.
13. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
14. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
(a) Cuff links.
(b) A cameo.
(c) A ring.
(d) A watch.
15. To whom does the safe deposit box belong?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is concerned about Horace's health in Act 2?
2. Who follows Horace to argue when he leaves the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
3. What cruel statement does Regina tell Horace as they argue in Act 2?
4. What does Regina wonder aloud in front of her guests might have contributed to Horace's poor health?
5. How is it explained to Ben that the family came up with Horace's share of the money?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)