|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows Horace to argue when he leaves the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
2. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
(d) Fair with lots of possiblities to grow within the company.
3. Why does Horace return from his rest to the family visit in Act 2?
(a) To let them know he changed his mind.
(b) To talk with Zan.
(c) To enjoy the dispute between his wife and her brothers.
(d) Because he left the remote control in that room.
4. Which marriage is discussed before Horace meets the entire family?
(a) His own marriage to Regina.
(b) Birdie and Oscar.
(c) Regina to Mr. Marshall.
(d) Zan to Leo.
5. Who works as a teller at the local bank?
6. What is the phrase used to describe the wealth Regina's family wants?
(a) "Mega money."
(b) "Filthy rich."
(c) "Super rich."
(d) "High-tone rich."
7. In Act 2, when do Regina's true feelings come out?
(a) When Zan begs her not to fight any more.
(b) When she realizes she's not going to travel.
(c) When Horace tells her no and when her brothers cut her from the deal.
(d) When she sees that Horace is tired and ailing.
8. What cruel statement does Regina tell Horace as they argue in Act 2?
(a) She has been in love with his best friend.
(b) She hates him.
(c) He only wants bad things for her because of his own pending death.
(d) Zan is not his daughter.
9. Whose shoe is in the safe deposit box?
10. Who is with Regina as she has breakfast at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Her brothers and nephew.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Addie and Cal.
(d) Horace and Zan.
11. What is Regina's maiden name?
12. What else about the prospective facility does the family promise Mr. Marshall regarding employees?
(a) No strikes.
(b) No benefits.
(c) A skilled labor force.
(d) Much of the work will be computerized.
13. Who arrive at Regina's house very early in the morning?
(a) Oscar and Leo.
(b) Ben and Oscar.
(c) Birdie and Oscar.
(d) Horace and Zan.
14. How often is the safe deposit box checked by its owner?
(a) Once a year.
(b) About twice a month.
(c) About every six months.
(d) Once a week.
15. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
(a) It's been while since Horace and Alexandra had any time to themselves.
(b) Horace likes blues music.
(c) Horace wanted to see the sights.
(d) Horace was not feeling well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the fact that Horace is tired, who pushes him to talk about the pending business deal?
2. How much time will the family have to pay back Horace's share of the money?
3. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
4. Who tells the rest of the family that Horace is ready to see them?
5. Why does the family need to travel out of state?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)