|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
(a) A ring.
(b) A watch.
(c) A cameo.
(d) Cuff links.
2. Why is Alexandra distraught during the family's visit in Act 2?
(a) Her mother is stressing her father.
(b) Her parents continue to fight.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) Her father's health condition is weakened.
3. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
4. Why does Horace return from his rest to the family visit in Act 2?
(a) Because he left the remote control in that room.
(b) To let them know he changed his mind.
(c) To talk with Zan.
(d) To enjoy the dispute between his wife and her brothers.
5. Which marriage is discussed before Horace meets the entire family?
(a) His own marriage to Regina.
(b) Regina to Mr. Marshall.
(c) Zan to Leo.
(d) Birdie and Oscar.
6. Who does Regina learn will be going to finalize the business deal?
(c) Mr. Marshall.
7. Who mutters "over my dead body" in Act 2?
8. Who greets Horace and Alexandra when they arrive home?
(c) The entire family.
9. Who is with Regina as she has breakfast at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Addie and Cal.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her brothers and nephew.
(d) Horace and Zan.
10. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
(c) Fair with lots of possiblities to grow within the company.
11. What is the family lacking at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Horace's share of the investment.
(b) Reliable transportation.
(c) Time to get to the meeting.
(d) Clever ideas.
12. What is the condition of Horace's health?
(a) He has cancer.
(b) He has diabetes.
(c) He has respiratory problems.
(d) He has a bad heart.
13. What else about the prospective facility does the family promise Mr. Marshall regarding employees?
(a) A skilled labor force.
(b) No strikes.
(c) No benefits.
(d) Much of the work will be computerized.
14. What does Regina wonder aloud in front of her guests might have contributed to Horace's poor health?
(a) His "cheap women."
(b) His "fancy women."
(c) His own cheapness.
(d) His greed.
15. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the family arguing at the end of Act 2?`
2. What other family plan will Horace not endorse?
3. What cruel statement does Regina tell Horace as they argue in Act 2?
4. What is the phrase used to describe the wealth Regina's family wants?
5. Who works as a teller at the local bank?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)