|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Alexandra distraught during the family's visit in Act 2?
(a) Her parents continue to fight.
(b) Her mother is stressing her father.
(c) Her father's health condition is weakened.
(d) All the answers are correct.
2. What is the brilliant idea that is derived after learning the contents of the safe deposit box?
(a) To steal the bonds outright.
(b) To take half the bonds and fill the rest of the envelopes with blank papers.
(c) To borrow the bonds, then pay them back.
(d) To stage a fire at the bank and say the bonds were consumed.
3. Horace learns that the family promised Mr. Marshall what kind of wages for the facility they plan to build?
(b) Fair with lots of possiblities to grow within the company.
4. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
(a) A watch.
(b) A ring.
(c) A cameo.
(d) Cuff links.
5. Who does Alexandra ask for when she arrives back home?
6. How often is the safe deposit box checked by its owner?
(a) About every six months.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Once a week.
(d) About twice a month.
7. What company bonds are in the safe deposit box?
(a) Union Pacific.
(c) General Electric.
(d) Bell Telephone.
8. Why is the family arguing at the end of Act 2?`
(a) The brothers have cut Regina out of the business deal.
(b) They all want to be the ones who travel to close the deal.
(c) Regina knows the truth and lets her brothers know this.
(d) They don't trust each other with all that money.
9. What musical instrument is -- at least in part -- in the safe deposit box?
10. What is Regina's maiden name?
11. Why do Horace and Alexandra choose to stay overnight in another town, delaying their arrival back home?
(a) Horace wanted to see the sights.
(b) Horace was not feeling well.
(c) It's been while since Horace and Alexandra had any time to themselves.
(d) Horace likes blues music.
12. What is the phrase used to describe the wealth Regina's family wants?
(a) "Mega money."
(b) "High-tone rich."
(c) "Filthy rich."
(d) "Super rich."
13. Whose shoe is in the safe deposit box?
14. Who is concerned about Horace's health in Act 2?
(a) Leo and Zan.
(b) Only Zan.
(c) Addie and Zan.
(d) Regina and Zan.
15. In which town do Horace and Alexandra stay over, causing their delay in getting home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexandra overhear her mother tell her father in Act 2?
2. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
3. What is the condition of Horace's health?
4. Who mutters "over my dead body" in Act 2?
5. Despite the fact that Horace is tired, who pushes him to talk about the pending business deal?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)