|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Regina as she has breakfast at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Addie and Cal.
(b) Her brothers and nephew.
(c) Horace and Zan.
(d) Her daughter.
2. What is the cash value of the items in the safe deposit box?
3. What is the brilliant idea that is derived after learning the contents of the safe deposit box?
(a) To borrow the bonds, then pay them back.
(b) To steal the bonds outright.
(c) To take half the bonds and fill the rest of the envelopes with blank papers.
(d) To stage a fire at the bank and say the bonds were consumed.
4. Who is concerned about Horace's health in Act 2?
(a) Addie and Zan.
(b) Leo and Zan.
(c) Only Zan.
(d) Regina and Zan.
5. How much time will the family have to pay back Horace's share of the money?
(a) About a year.
(b) About 11 months.
(c) About a week.
(d) About five months.
6. Why does Horace leave the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
(a) To go for a walk.
(b) To lie down.
(c) To shower.
(d) To eat dinner.
7. What piece of jewelry is in the safe deposit box?
(a) A ring.
(b) Cuff links.
(c) A cameo.
(d) A watch.
8. In determining how much time they have to pay back Horace's share of the money, what assumption does the family make?
(a) That they can get the bonds cashed.
(b) That the interest rate won't increase.
(c) That Horace has already seen his safe deposit box before arriving home.
(d) That they will be able to afford the interest rate.
9. How does Regina greet her husband in Act 2?
(a) With a warm kiss.
(b) With no emotion at all.
(c) With a handshake.
(d) With a hug.
10. To whom does the safe deposit box belong?
11. Who rummaged through someone else's safe deposit box?
12. Who does Horace suspect will be in charge of the local employees of the potential business?
13. What basic principle is behind Horace's decision not to give Regina money for the business deal?
14. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
(a) Because he's divorcing Regina.
(b) He doesn't want to do business with a bunch of liars.
(c) Because he and Regina have enough money.
(d) Because he thinks they're all crazy.
15. Who refuses to shake Leo's hand as they part in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Horace and Alexandra when they arrive home?
2. How often is the safe deposit box checked by its owner?
3. What does Regina wonder aloud in front of her guests might have contributed to Horace's poor health?
4. Who does Regina learn will be going to finalize the business deal?
5. Who arrive at Regina's house very early in the morning?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)