|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family communicate with Horace regarding the business matter?
(a) By going to visit.
(b) By Alexandra.
(c) By writing.
(d) By phoning.
2. Why does Alexandra dismiss the notion of the unlikely marriage?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) They haven't even kissed yet.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) She caught him dancing with another girl.
3. What was the Lionnet?
(a) A railroad line.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A retail location.
(d) A fabric mill.
4. Where is Mr. Marshall's home?
(c) New York City.
5. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
6. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
(a) Addie and Cal.
(b) Regina and Mr. Marshall.
(c) Alexandra and Leo.
(d) Birdie and Horace.
7. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
(a) He must return home to get back to work.
(b) Someone needs to pay the bills at home.
(c) For a short vacation.
(d) Returning home is for his own good.
8. Why does the family want the business in their hometown?
(a) To improve travel for business and industry.
(b) To create the first mall.
(c) It opens new opportunities for the community.
(d) It's more efficient, and thus more profitable.
9. What does Oscar say he wants to do with his money?
(a) Ride horses in Savannah.
(b) Restore an old plantation.
(c) Buy a pecan farm.
(d) Travel and hunt.
10. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
11. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
(a) The West.
(b) The North.
(c) The South.
(d) The Atlantic Coast.
12. What business does the family want to start in their hometown?
(a) A cotton gin.
(b) A dress shop.
(c) A train station.
(d) A cotton mill.
13. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
(a) Oscar's grandmother.
(b) Horace's parents.
(c) Birdie's parents.
(d) Regina's parents.
14. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
(a) In his room being stubborn.
(b) Working late.
(c) Stuck on a train, trying to get home in time for dinner.
(d) In the hospital for a heart condition.
15. According to Ben, who is not very adaptable?
(a) The southern aristocrat.
(d) The British royalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Horace's initial response to his family's communications?
2. Who takes Mr. Marshall back to his train?
3. Which character officially fits the title used by Mr. Marshall to describe the family?
4. Who does Birdie want to run an errand for her?
5. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)