|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
2. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
(a) The West.
(b) The Atlantic Coast.
(c) The South.
(d) The North.
3. Where is Mr. Marshall's home?
(b) New York City.
4. Who is disgusted by the idea of the unlikely marriage?
5. What was the special occasion in Act 1?
(a) A special guest discussing business.
(b) A relative visiting from far away.
(c) The return of Horace from the hospital.
(d) Zan's birthday.
6. Why does Alexandra dismiss the notion of the unlikely marriage?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They haven't even kissed yet.
(c) She caught him dancing with another girl.
(d) She is jealous.
7. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
(a) Horace's parents.
(b) Oscar's grandmother.
(c) Regina's parents.
(d) Birdie's parents.
8. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
(a) Birdie and Horace.
(b) Leo and Alexandra.
(c) Cal and Addie.
(d) Birdie and Alexandra.
9. What is Horace's initial response to his family's communications?
(a) He says "absolutely not."
(b) He does not respond.
(c) He tells Alexandra to tell them no.
(d) He refuses to talk with them.
10. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
(a) Addie and Cal.
(b) Birdie and Horace.
(c) Alexandra and Leo.
(d) Regina and Mr. Marshall.
11. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
(a) Ben and Oscar.
(b) Addie and Cal.
(c) Alexandra and Leo.
(d) Regina and Birdie.
12. Who cooked the special dinner in Act 1?
13. Which character officially fits the title used by Mr. Marshall to describe the family?
14. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
15. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
(a) He must return home to get back to work.
(b) Someone needs to pay the bills at home.
(c) Returning home is for his own good.
(d) For a short vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Lionnet?
2. Who discreetly agrees with Birdie's dislike for her husband's hobby?
3. As Mr. Marshall says his goodbyes, who commits to coming to his home town for a visit?
4. What does Ben say he wants to do with his money?
5. Who does the slapping in Act 1?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)