|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oscar say he wants to do with his money?
(a) Restore an old plantation.
(b) Ride horses in Savannah.
(c) Buy a pecan farm.
(d) Travel and hunt.
2. Which of her husband's hobbies does Birdie complain is useless?
(a) Riding horses.
(b) Playing poker.
3. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
(a) In his room being stubborn.
(b) Stuck on a train, trying to get home in time for dinner.
(c) In the hospital for a heart condition.
(d) Working late.
4. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
(a) They live in the the same town and raised their families there.
(b) It still practices slave labor so wages will be cheaper there.
(c) It's proximity to the ocean.
(d) It's population is booming.
5. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
6. Who takes Mr. Marshall back to his train?
(a) Leo and Alexandra.
(b) Oscar and Ben.
(c) Ben and Leo.
(d) Ben and Horace.
7. Who thinks Horace is not interested in the business deal?
(d) Regina's brothers.
8. Which character officially fits the title used by Mr. Marshall to describe the family?
9. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
(a) Buy a pecan farm.
(b) Restore an old plantation.
(c) Travel and hunt.
(d) Ride horses in Savannah.
10. According to Ben, who is not very adaptable?
(a) The southern aristocrat.
(d) The British royalty.
11. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
12. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
13. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
14. In Act 1, who is anxious to move?
15. Which character is Birdie concerned about health-wise?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
2. Who thinks Horace is holding out for more than a third of the deal?
3. Why does the family want the business in their hometown?
4. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
5. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)