|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mr. Marshall says his goodbyes, who commits to coming to his home town for a visit?
2. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
3. What played a role in the fall of the Lionnet?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
4. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
(a) The West.
(b) The South.
(c) The North.
(d) The Atlantic Coast.
5. Who thinks Horace is holding out for more than a third of the deal?
6. As the family discusses their dreams, who is being conspicuously quiet?
7. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
(a) Birdie and Horace.
(b) Alexandra and Leo.
(c) Regina and Mr. Marshall.
(d) Addie and Cal.
8. Why does the family want the business in their hometown?
(a) To create the first mall.
(b) It opens new opportunities for the community.
(c) To improve travel for business and industry.
(d) It's more efficient, and thus more profitable.
9. Who cooked the special dinner in Act 1?
10. According to Ben, who is not very adaptable?
(a) The British royalty.
(c) The southern aristocrat.
11. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
12. What does Oscar like about Jekyll Island?
(a) The scenery.
(b) It has great shooting.
(c) The pecans there are huge.
(d) Getting away from his wife.
13. What does Alexandra say in Act 1 that irritates her mother?
(a) She won't go.
(b) She won't bring her father home if he's too ill to travel.
(c) She'll go, but won't come back.
(d) She never wants to see her father again.
14. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
(a) He can't think of anything healthier than salty air.
(b) Southerners live better than the rest of the country.
(c) Northern wives, with the way they kiss, keep their husbands warm at night.
(d) The dry air of the west is nothing like their hospitality.
15. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Birdie want to run an errand for her?
2. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
3. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
4. Who is disgusted by the idea of the unlikely marriage?
5. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)