|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Birdie's husband respond to her complaint about his hobby?
(a) He says he'll never do it again.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He laughs at her.
(d) He hugs her.
2. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
(a) They stole the deed.
(b) By marriage.
(c) Through auction.
(d) Through squatter's rights.
3. Why does the family want the business in their hometown?
(a) It opens new opportunities for the community.
(b) It's more efficient, and thus more profitable.
(c) To create the first mall.
(d) To improve travel for business and industry.
4. In Act 1, who is anxious to move?
5. What was the special occasion in Act 1?
(a) A relative visiting from far away.
(b) The return of Horace from the hospital.
(c) A special guest discussing business.
(d) Zan's birthday.
6. Who discreetly agrees with Birdie's dislike for her husband's hobby?
7. Who thinks Horace is not interested in the business deal?
(c) Regina's brothers.
8. Who is disgusted by the idea of the unlikely marriage?
9. Where is Mr. Marshall's home?
(c) New York City.
10. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
(a) Travel and hunt.
(b) Buy a pecan farm.
(c) Restore an old plantation.
(d) Ride horses in Savannah.
11. What does Birdie detest about her husband's hobby?
(a) The smell of cigar smoke.
(b) The smell of paints.
(c) He never wins, and loses much of their money.
(d) He kills animals then throws them away.
12. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
(a) Someone needs to pay the bills at home.
(b) For a short vacation.
(c) Returning home is for his own good.
(d) He must return home to get back to work.
13. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
14. In which city is Alexandra's father?
(d) Ann Arbor.
15. What was the Lionnet?
(a) A fabric mill.
(b) A retail location.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A railroad line.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cooked the special dinner in Act 1?
2. Who takes Mr. Marshall back to his train?
3. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
4. What business does the family want to start in their hometown?
5. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)