|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
2. Who gets slapped in Act 1?
3. Who takes Mr. Marshall back to his train?
(a) Ben and Horace.
(b) Oscar and Ben.
(c) Leo and Alexandra.
(d) Ben and Leo.
4. How does the family communicate with Horace regarding the business matter?
(a) By phoning.
(b) By Alexandra.
(c) By writing.
(d) By going to visit.
5. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
(a) Birdie and Alexandra.
(b) Leo and Alexandra.
(c) Birdie and Horace.
(d) Cal and Addie.
6. According to Ben, who is not very adaptable?
(b) The southern aristocrat.
(d) The British royalty.
7. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
8. Who challenges Mr. Marshall's choice of term that he used in reference to the family?
9. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
(a) It still practices slave labor so wages will be cheaper there.
(b) It's population is booming.
(c) They live in the the same town and raised their families there.
(d) It's proximity to the ocean.
10. What does Birdie detest about her husband's hobby?
(a) He never wins, and loses much of their money.
(b) The smell of cigar smoke.
(c) He kills animals then throws them away.
(d) The smell of paints.
11. How does Birdie's husband respond to her complaint about his hobby?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He says he'll never do it again.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He hugs her.
12. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
(a) Alexandra and Leo.
(b) Addie and Cal.
(c) Regina and Mr. Marshall.
(d) Birdie and Horace.
13. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
(a) He can't think of anything healthier than salty air.
(b) Southerners live better than the rest of the country.
(c) The dry air of the west is nothing like their hospitality.
(d) Northern wives, with the way they kiss, keep their husbands warm at night.
14. As Mr. Marshall says his goodbyes, who commits to coming to his home town for a visit?
15. Where is Mr. Marshall's home?
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who particularly likes the idea of the unlikely marriage?
2. Who does Birdie want to run an errand for her?
3. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
4. Which character officially fits the title used by Mr. Marshall to describe the family?
5. Who cooked the special dinner in Act 1?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)