|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, who is anxious to move?
2. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
(a) Leo and Alexandra.
(b) Cal and Addie.
(c) Birdie and Alexandra.
(d) Birdie and Horace.
3. Who thinks Horace is holding out for more than a third of the deal?
4. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
(a) Regina and Birdie.
(b) Alexandra and Leo.
(c) Ben and Oscar.
(d) Addie and Cal.
5. How does the family communicate with Horace regarding the business matter?
(a) By writing.
(b) By going to visit.
(c) By phoning.
(d) By Alexandra.
6. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
(a) To let her father rest.
(b) To come home and be taken care of.
(d) The local doctor's new concoction.
7. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
(a) Birdie and Horace.
(b) Addie and Cal.
(c) Regina and Mr. Marshall.
(d) Alexandra and Leo.
8. What was the special occasion in Act 1?
(a) A relative visiting from far away.
(b) A special guest discussing business.
(c) The return of Horace from the hospital.
(d) Zan's birthday.
9. Which of her husband's hobbies does Birdie complain is useless?
(a) Playing poker.
(d) Riding horses.
10. As the family discusses their dreams, who is being conspicuously quiet?
11. Why does the family want the business in their hometown?
(a) To create the first mall.
(b) To improve travel for business and industry.
(c) It's more efficient, and thus more profitable.
(d) It opens new opportunities for the community.
12. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
13. Which of Regina's brothers isn't married?
14. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
15. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
(a) Through squatter's rights.
(b) By marriage.
(c) They stole the deed.
(d) Through auction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who particularly likes the idea of the unlikely marriage?
2. What does Birdie want retrieved from her house?
3. Why does Alexandra dismiss the notion of the unlikely marriage?
4. As Mr. Marshall says his goodbyes, who commits to coming to his home town for a visit?
5. Who challenges Mr. Marshall's choice of term that he used in reference to the family?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)