|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city is Alexandra's father?
(d) Ann Arbor.
2. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
(a) Birdie's parents.
(b) Regina's parents.
(c) Oscar's grandmother.
(d) Horace's parents.
3. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
(a) It still practices slave labor so wages will be cheaper there.
(b) They live in the the same town and raised their families there.
(c) It's proximity to the ocean.
(d) It's population is booming.
4. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
5. Who challenges Mr. Marshall's choice of term that he used in reference to the family?
6. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
7. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
(a) Buy a pecan farm.
(b) Restore an old plantation.
(c) Travel and hunt.
(d) Ride horses in Savannah.
8. Who does Birdie want to run an errand for her?
(c) One of the farm hands.
(d) One of the kitchen boys.
9. Who discreetly agrees with Birdie's dislike for her husband's hobby?
10. Why does the family want the business in their hometown?
(a) To improve travel for business and industry.
(b) To create the first mall.
(c) It opens new opportunities for the community.
(d) It's more efficient, and thus more profitable.
11. Who gets slapped in Act 1?
12. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
13. Who does the slapping in Act 1?
14. What was the Lionnet?
(a) A plantation.
(b) A fabric mill.
(c) A retail location.
(d) A railroad line.
15. What played a role in the fall of the Lionnet?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
2. In Act 1, who is anxious to move?
3. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
4. Who takes Mr. Marshall back to his train?
5. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)