|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family communicate with Horace regarding the business matter?
(a) By going to visit.
(b) By Alexandra.
(c) By writing.
(d) By phoning.
2. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
3. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
4. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
(a) Working late.
(b) In the hospital for a heart condition.
(c) In his room being stubborn.
(d) Stuck on a train, trying to get home in time for dinner.
5. What does Birdie want retrieved from her house?
(a) A compact disc.
(b) An album.
(c) A book.
(d) Some sheet music.
6. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
(a) Northern wives, with the way they kiss, keep their husbands warm at night.
(b) He can't think of anything healthier than salty air.
(c) The dry air of the west is nothing like their hospitality.
(d) Southerners live better than the rest of the country.
7. What does Oscar say he wants to do with his money?
(a) Ride horses in Savannah.
(b) Restore an old plantation.
(c) Travel and hunt.
(d) Buy a pecan farm.
8. What does Ben say he wants to do with his money?
(c) Buy a stable in Savannah.
9. What is Horace's initial response to his family's communications?
(a) He does not respond.
(b) He refuses to talk with them.
(c) He tells Alexandra to tell them no.
(d) He says "absolutely not."
10. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
(a) By marriage.
(b) They stole the deed.
(c) Through squatter's rights.
(d) Through auction.
11. What does Alexandra say in Act 1 that irritates her mother?
(a) She'll go, but won't come back.
(b) She never wants to see her father again.
(c) She won't bring her father home if he's too ill to travel.
(d) She won't go.
12. Which character officially fits the title used by Mr. Marshall to describe the family?
13. As Mr. Marshall says his goodbyes, who commits to coming to his home town for a visit?
14. In which city is Alexandra's father?
(b) Ann Arbor.
15. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
(a) Restore an old plantation.
(b) Travel and hunt.
(c) Ride horses in Savannah.
(d) Buy a pecan farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alexandra dismiss the notion of the unlikely marriage?
2. Which character is Birdie concerned about health-wise?
3. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
4. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
5. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)