|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the family lacking in order to complete their business transaction?
(a) Business insurance.
(b) Collateral for the loan.
(c) Regina's portion of the money.
(d) Horace's signature.
2. Who gets slapped in Act 1?
3. As the family discusses their dreams, who is being conspicuously quiet?
4. Which character officially fits the title used by Mr. Marshall to describe the family?
5. What was the special occasion in Act 1?
(a) The return of Horace from the hospital.
(b) A relative visiting from far away.
(c) A special guest discussing business.
(d) Zan's birthday.
6. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
(a) The South.
(b) The Atlantic Coast.
(c) The West.
(d) The North.
7. Who does Birdie want to run an errand for her?
(a) One of the farm hands.
(b) One of the kitchen boys.
8. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
(a) Birdie and Alexandra.
(b) Birdie and Horace.
(c) Cal and Addie.
(d) Leo and Alexandra.
9. What does Birdie want retrieved from her house?
(a) A book.
(b) An album.
(c) Some sheet music.
(d) A compact disc.
10. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
(a) Southerners live better than the rest of the country.
(b) The dry air of the west is nothing like their hospitality.
(c) Northern wives, with the way they kiss, keep their husbands warm at night.
(d) He can't think of anything healthier than salty air.
11. What was the Lionnet?
(a) A retail location.
(b) A railroad line.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A fabric mill.
12. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
(a) It's proximity to the ocean.
(b) It's population is booming.
(c) They live in the the same town and raised their families there.
(d) It still practices slave labor so wages will be cheaper there.
13. What business does the family want to start in their hometown?
(a) A train station.
(b) A cotton gin.
(c) A dress shop.
(d) A cotton mill.
14. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
(a) In his room being stubborn.
(b) Stuck on a train, trying to get home in time for dinner.
(c) Working late.
(d) In the hospital for a heart condition.
15. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
2. Who discreetly agrees with Birdie's dislike for her husband's hobby?
3. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
4. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
5. What does Birdie detest about her husband's hobby?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)