|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birdie want retrieved from her house?
(a) Some sheet music.
(b) An album.
(c) A compact disc.
(d) A book.
2. After their business dinner, how much time does the family have to come up with the money for their business deal?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What drink does the butler bring into the parlor in Act 1?
4. Who says a man isn't in business only for what he can get out of it --it has to mean something to his heart, too?
(c) Mr. Marshall.
5. What does Birdie detest about her husband's hobby?
(a) The smell of paints.
(b) The smell of cigar smoke.
(c) He kills animals then throws them away.
(d) He never wins, and loses much of their money.
6. Where is Mr. Marshall's home?
(a) New York City.
7. In Act 1, who is anxious to move?
8. Who particularly likes the idea of the unlikely marriage?
9. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
10. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
(a) Buy a pecan farm.
(b) Restore an old plantation.
(c) Travel and hunt.
(d) Ride horses in Savannah.
11. What is Horace's initial response to his family's communications?
(a) He says "absolutely not."
(b) He refuses to talk with them.
(c) He tells Alexandra to tell them no.
(d) He does not respond.
12. Who discreetly agrees with Birdie's dislike for her husband's hobby?
13. Why does Alexandra dismiss the notion of the unlikely marriage?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) They haven't even kissed yet.
(c) She caught him dancing with another girl.
(d) They are cousins.
14. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
(a) Alexandra and Leo.
(b) Addie and Cal.
(c) Regina and Birdie.
(d) Ben and Oscar.
15. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
2. What does Alexandra say in Act 1 that irritates her mother?
3. What business does the family want to start in their hometown?
4. Which of her husband's hobbies does Birdie complain is useless?
5. Who takes Mr. Marshall back to his train?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)