|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Birdie's husband respond to her complaint about his hobby?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He says he'll never do it again.
(c) He laughs at her.
(d) He hugs her.
2. Who challenges Mr. Marshall's choice of term that he used in reference to the family?
3. Why does the family want the business in their hometown?
(a) To create the first mall.
(b) It opens new opportunities for the community.
(c) To improve travel for business and industry.
(d) It's more efficient, and thus more profitable.
4. According to Ben, who is not very adaptable?
(a) The British royalty.
(d) The southern aristocrat.
5. As Mr. Marshall says his goodbyes, who commits to coming to his home town for a visit?
6. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
(a) The West.
(b) The South.
(c) The North.
(d) The Atlantic Coast.
7. Who is disgusted by the idea of the unlikely marriage?
8. Which character is Birdie concerned about health-wise?
9. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
(a) Cal and Addie.
(b) Birdie and Alexandra.
(c) Birdie and Horace.
(d) Leo and Alexandra.
10. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
(a) Restore an old plantation.
(b) Travel and hunt.
(c) Buy a pecan farm.
(d) Ride horses in Savannah.
11. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
12. After their business dinner, how much time does the family have to come up with the money for their business deal?
(a) Five days.
(b) One month.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
13. Why does Alexandra dismiss the notion of the unlikely marriage?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) She is jealous.
(c) They haven't even kissed yet.
(d) She caught him dancing with another girl.
14. What does Oscar say he wants to do with his money?
(a) Travel and hunt.
(b) Ride horses in Savannah.
(c) Buy a pecan farm.
(d) Restore an old plantation.
15. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Marshall's home?
2. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
3. What is the family lacking in order to complete their business transaction?
4. What does Oscar like about Jekyll Island?
5. Which character officially fits the title used by Mr. Marshall to describe the family?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)