|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
2. Why does Alexandra dismiss the notion of the unlikely marriage?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) She caught him dancing with another girl.
(c) She is jealous.
(d) They haven't even kissed yet.
3. In Act 1, who is anxious to move?
4. As the family discusses their dreams, who is being conspicuously quiet?
5. According to Ben, who is not very adaptable?
(c) The southern aristocrat.
(d) The British royalty.
6. Which character is Birdie concerned about health-wise?
7. What was the Lionnet?
(a) A retail location.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A fabric mill.
(d) A railroad line.
8. Who does the slapping in Act 1?
9. How does Birdie's husband respond to her complaint about his hobby?
(a) He says he'll never do it again.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He hugs her.
10. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
(a) It's proximity to the ocean.
(b) It still practices slave labor so wages will be cheaper there.
(c) It's population is booming.
(d) They live in the the same town and raised their families there.
11. Who thinks Horace is holding out for more than a third of the deal?
12. What does Birdie detest about her husband's hobby?
(a) The smell of cigar smoke.
(b) He kills animals then throws them away.
(c) He never wins, and loses much of their money.
(d) The smell of paints.
13. Who cooked the special dinner in Act 1?
14. What does Oscar like about Jekyll Island?
(a) The pecans there are huge.
(b) The scenery.
(c) It has great shooting.
(d) Getting away from his wife.
15. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
(a) Regina's parents.
(b) Horace's parents.
(c) Birdie's parents.
(d) Oscar's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
2. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
3. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
4. After their business dinner, how much time does the family have to come up with the money for their business deal?
5. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)