|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
(a) Oscar's grandmother.
(b) Horace's parents.
(c) Birdie's parents.
(d) Regina's parents.
2. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
3. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
(a) The dry air of the west is nothing like their hospitality.
(b) Northern wives, with the way they kiss, keep their husbands warm at night.
(c) Southerners live better than the rest of the country.
(d) He can't think of anything healthier than salty air.
4. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
5. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
(a) Birdie and Horace.
(b) Addie and Cal.
(c) Alexandra and Leo.
(d) Regina and Mr. Marshall.
6. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
(a) The West.
(b) The North.
(c) The Atlantic Coast.
(d) The South.
7. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
(b) To come home and be taken care of.
(c) The local doctor's new concoction.
(d) To let her father rest.
8. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
9. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
(a) In the hospital for a heart condition.
(b) In his room being stubborn.
(c) Stuck on a train, trying to get home in time for dinner.
(d) Working late.
10. Who cooked the special dinner in Act 1?
11. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
12. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
13. According to Ben, who is not very adaptable?
(b) The British royalty.
(d) The southern aristocrat.
14. What was the special occasion in Act 1?
(a) A special guest discussing business.
(b) The return of Horace from the hospital.
(c) A relative visiting from far away.
(d) Zan's birthday.
15. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks Horace is holding out for more than a third of the deal?
2. Who does the slapping in Act 1?
3. Which of her husband's hobbies does Birdie complain is useless?
4. What does Alexandra say in Act 1 that irritates her mother?
5. Which character officially fits the title used by Mr. Marshall to describe the family?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)