|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is disgusted by the idea of the unlikely marriage?
2. Who gets slapped in Act 1?
3. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
4. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
(a) They have enough money to invest in the latest technology.
(b) They have preyed on weak, desperate people and accumulated many properties.
(c) They are lucky.
(d) They found new ways to do business and how to make customers pay.
5. In which city is Alexandra's father?
(d) Ann Arbor.
6. What drink does the butler bring into the parlor in Act 1?
7. What does Birdie detest about her husband's hobby?
(a) He never wins, and loses much of their money.
(b) The smell of cigar smoke.
(c) He kills animals then throws them away.
(d) The smell of paints.
8. What was the special occasion in Act 1?
(a) A relative visiting from far away.
(b) A special guest discussing business.
(c) The return of Horace from the hospital.
(d) Zan's birthday.
9. As the family discusses their dreams, who is being conspicuously quiet?
10. Who challenges Mr. Marshall's choice of term that he used in reference to the family?
11. Who thinks Horace is not interested in the business deal?
(c) Regina's brothers.
12. What does Alexandra say in Act 1 that irritates her mother?
(a) She never wants to see her father again.
(b) She'll go, but won't come back.
(c) She won't bring her father home if he's too ill to travel.
(d) She won't go.
13. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
14. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
(a) The local doctor's new concoction.
(c) To come home and be taken care of.
(d) To let her father rest.
15. After their business dinner, how much time does the family have to come up with the money for their business deal?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character officially fits the title used by Mr. Marshall to describe the family?
2. What is the family lacking in order to complete their business transaction?
3. What does Oscar like about Jekyll Island?
4. Who particularly likes the idea of the unlikely marriage?
5. Who takes Mr. Marshall back to his train?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)