|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
(a) Alexandra and Leo.
(b) Regina and Birdie.
(c) Addie and Cal.
(d) Ben and Oscar.
2. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
3. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
(a) They are lucky.
(b) They have preyed on weak, desperate people and accumulated many properties.
(c) They found new ways to do business and how to make customers pay.
(d) They have enough money to invest in the latest technology.
4. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
(a) By marriage.
(b) They stole the deed.
(c) Through auction.
(d) Through squatter's rights.
5. Who plays piano for Mr. Marshall?
(a) Birdie and Alexandra.
(b) Cal and Addie.
(c) Birdie and Horace.
(d) Leo and Alexandra.
6. Which character is Birdie concerned about health-wise?
7. Who says a man isn't in business only for what he can get out of it --it has to mean something to his heart, too?
(c) Mr. Marshall.
8. Who discreetly agrees with Birdie's dislike for her husband's hobby?
9. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
(b) The local doctor's new concoction.
(c) To let her father rest.
(d) To come home and be taken care of.
10. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
11. Who thinks Horace is not interested in the business deal?
(c) Regina's brothers.
12. Who halts Birdie's errand request?
13. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
14. What does Alexandra say in Act 1 that irritates her mother?
(a) She'll go, but won't come back.
(b) She won't bring her father home if he's too ill to travel.
(c) She won't go.
(d) She never wants to see her father again.
15. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
(a) It still practices slave labor so wages will be cheaper there.
(b) They live in the the same town and raised their families there.
(c) It's population is booming.
(d) It's proximity to the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mr. Marshall says his goodbyes, who commits to coming to his home town for a visit?
2. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
3. How does the family communicate with Horace regarding the business matter?
4. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
5. In which city is Alexandra's father?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)