|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
2. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
3. What is Horace's initial response to his family's communications?
(a) He tells Alexandra to tell them no.
(b) He does not respond.
(c) He refuses to talk with them.
(d) He says "absolutely not."
4. Why does the family want the business in their hometown?
(a) To improve travel for business and industry.
(b) It's more efficient, and thus more profitable.
(c) It opens new opportunities for the community.
(d) To create the first mall.
5. Who discreetly agrees with Birdie's dislike for her husband's hobby?
6. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
(a) Southerners live better than the rest of the country.
(b) Northern wives, with the way they kiss, keep their husbands warm at night.
(c) He can't think of anything healthier than salty air.
(d) The dry air of the west is nothing like their hospitality.
7. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
8. Who cooked the special dinner in Act 1?
9. Who does Birdie want to run an errand for her?
(b) One of the kitchen boys.
(d) One of the farm hands.
10. After their business dinner, how much time does the family have to come up with the money for their business deal?
(a) Five days.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
11. Who thinks Horace is not interested in the business deal?
(a) Regina's brothers.
12. What does Ben say he wants to do with his money?
(c) Buy a stable in Savannah.
13. Why does Alexandra dismiss the notion of the unlikely marriage?
(a) They haven't even kissed yet.
(b) She is jealous.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) She caught him dancing with another girl.
14. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
(b) The local doctor's new concoction.
(c) To let her father rest.
(d) To come home and be taken care of.
15. Which character officially fits the title used by Mr. Marshall to describe the family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birdie detest about her husband's hobby?
2. Who gets slapped in Act 1?
3. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
4. What does Birdie want retrieved from her house?
5. What does Oscar like about Jekyll Island?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)