|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the slapping in Act 1?
2. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
(a) It's population is booming.
(b) They live in the the same town and raised their families there.
(c) It's proximity to the ocean.
(d) It still practices slave labor so wages will be cheaper there.
3. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
(a) Through squatter's rights.
(b) They stole the deed.
(c) Through auction.
(d) By marriage.
4. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
5. What does Birdie say she wants to do with her money?
(a) Buy a pecan farm.
(b) Travel and hunt.
(c) Restore an old plantation.
(d) Ride horses in Savannah.
6. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
7. Who gets slapped in Act 1?
8. Who thinks Horace is holding out for more than a third of the deal?
9. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
(a) Regina and Birdie.
(b) Alexandra and Leo.
(c) Ben and Oscar.
(d) Addie and Cal.
10. Who particularly likes the idea of the unlikely marriage?
11. Why does the family want the business in their hometown?
(a) To improve travel for business and industry.
(b) To create the first mall.
(c) It's more efficient, and thus more profitable.
(d) It opens new opportunities for the community.
12. What was the Lionnet?
(a) A retail location.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A railroad line.
(d) A fabric mill.
13. Who thinks Horace is not interested in the business deal?
(a) Regina's brothers.
14. What does Oscar like about Jekyll Island?
(a) The pecans there are huge.
(b) The scenery.
(c) It has great shooting.
(d) Getting away from his wife.
15. Which character officially fits the title used by Mr. Marshall to describe the family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the special occasion in Act 1?
2. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
3. Why does Alexandra dismiss the notion of the unlikely marriage?
4. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
5. What is Horace's initial response to his family's communications?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)