|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
(a) Oscar's grandmother.
(b) Birdie's parents.
(c) Horace's parents.
(d) Regina's parents.
2. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
(a) They are lucky.
(b) They found new ways to do business and how to make customers pay.
(c) They have preyed on weak, desperate people and accumulated many properties.
(d) They have enough money to invest in the latest technology.
3. What does Alexandra say in Act 1 that irritates her mother?
(a) She never wants to see her father again.
(b) She'll go, but won't come back.
(c) She won't go.
(d) She won't bring her father home if he's too ill to travel.
4. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
(a) The North.
(b) The South.
(c) The West.
(d) The Atlantic Coast.
5. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
(a) Stuck on a train, trying to get home in time for dinner.
(b) In his room being stubborn.
(c) In the hospital for a heart condition.
(d) Working late.
6. What business does the family want to start in their hometown?
(a) A cotton mill.
(b) A train station.
(c) A cotton gin.
(d) A dress shop.
7. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
(a) The local doctor's new concoction.
(b) To let her father rest.
(d) To come home and be taken care of.
8. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
9. How does the family communicate with Horace regarding the business matter?
(a) By Alexandra.
(b) By going to visit.
(c) By phoning.
(d) By writing.
10. What does Birdie want retrieved from her house?
(a) Some sheet music.
(b) A book.
(c) An album.
(d) A compact disc.
11. What was the Lionnet?
(a) A railroad line.
(b) A retail location.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A fabric mill.
12. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
13. What drink does the butler bring into the parlor in Act 1?
14. Who points out that the money will stay in the family?
15. As the family discusses their dreams, who is being conspicuously quiet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Mr. Marshall back to his train?
2. According to Ben, who is not very adaptable?
3. What played a role in the fall of the Lionnet?
4. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
5. Who cooked the special dinner in Act 1?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)