|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests the unlikely marriage?
2. What played a role in the fall of the Lionnet?
(a) The Revolutionary War.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
3. What does Oscar like about Jekyll Island?
(a) Getting away from his wife.
(b) The scenery.
(c) It has great shooting.
(d) The pecans there are huge.
4. Who thinks Horace is holding out for more than a third of the deal?
5. Who takes Mr. Marshall back to his train?
(a) Leo and Alexandra.
(b) Ben and Horace.
(c) Oscar and Ben.
(d) Ben and Leo.
6. As Mr. Marshall says his goodbyes, who commits to coming to his home town for a visit?
7. Why does the family want the business in their hometown?
(a) To create the first mall.
(b) To improve travel for business and industry.
(c) It opens new opportunities for the community.
(d) It's more efficient, and thus more profitable.
8. How does the Hubbard family acquire the Lionnet?
(a) They stole the deed.
(b) Through auction.
(c) By marriage.
(d) Through squatter's rights.
9. Who discreetly agrees with Birdie's dislike for her husband's hobby?
10. What is Alexandra told is the best cure for her father?
(a) To let her father rest.
(c) To come home and be taken care of.
(d) The local doctor's new concoction.
11. Who originally owned the Lionnet?
(a) Oscar's grandmother.
(b) Regina's parents.
(c) Horace's parents.
(d) Birdie's parents.
12. Who challenges Mr. Marshall's choice of term that he used in reference to the family?
13. Which character is Birdie concerned about health-wise?
14. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
(a) The dry air of the west is nothing like their hospitality.
(b) Southerners live better than the rest of the country.
(c) He can't think of anything healthier than salty air.
(d) Northern wives, with the way they kiss, keep their husbands warm at night.
15. In which city is Alexandra's father?
(d) Ann Arbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Mr. Marshall use in referring to the family?
2. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
3. What business does the family want to start in their hometown?
4. Who are the heirs to the family's wealth?
5. Who thinks Horace is not interested in the business deal?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)