1. In what year is The Little Foxes set?
The Little Foxes is set in the year 1900.
2. In whose home does Act 1 take place?
Act 1 takes place in the home of the Giddens family.
3. Where is the home in Act 1?
The home in Act 1 is in a small town in the deep South.
4. Briefly describe Addie.
Addie is a 55-year-old Negro woman. She works for the Giddens family as a housekeeper, cook and Alexandra's caretaker.
5. Briefly describe Cal.
Cal is a middle-aged Negro man. He is the Giddens' family butler.
6. In Act 1, what does Birdie want fetched from her house and why?
In Act 1, Birdie wants an album fetched from her house and brought to the dinner party. She wants to show the album to Mr. Marshall because he expressed some interest in it.
7. Why doesn't Birdie get what she wants from her house in Act 1?
In Act 1, Birdie doesn't get the album from her house because Oscar calls off the errand to go get it. Oscar said Mr. Marshall was just being nice and there's no need to make a fuss over the album.
This section contains 3,167 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)