Short Essay Questions Key
1. In what year is The Little Foxes set?
2. In whose home does Act 1 take place?
3. Where is the home in Act 1?
4. Briefly describe Addie.
5. Briefly describe Cal.
6. In Act 1, what does Birdie want fetched from her house and why?
7. Why doesn't Birdie get what she wants from her house in Act 1?
8. What are Mr. Marshall's thoughts about Southerners?
9. What does Mr. Marshall like about Regina's family?
10. Discuss Mr. Marshall's comment that Southern aristocrats stay together and keep what belongs to them.
11. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the Southern aristocracy.
12. Discuss Ben's thoughts on the downfall of Lionnet.
13. According to Ben, why does his family now own Lionnet?
14. Why does Ben's family really now own Lionnet?
15. Why does Mr. Marshall say he wants to build a mill in the southern town?
16. What is the real reason Mr. Marshall wants to build a mill in the southern town?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)