|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Horace surprise Regina in Act 3?
(a) By telling her the mattress money was counterfeit.
(b) By letting her brothers keep the bonds as a loan.
(c) By acting like it never happened.
(d) By pressing charges against everyone involved, including the bank.
2. What happens when Horace and Regina start to argue in Act 3?
(a) She pushes him down the stairs.
(b) She hits him.
(c) He hits her.
(d) He starts to have a heart attack.
3. What does Oscar say he wants to do with his money?
(a) Ride horses in Savannah.
(b) Restore an old plantation.
(c) Buy a pecan farm.
(d) Travel and hunt.
4. In what city will the business deal be finalized?
5. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
(a) Southerners live better than the rest of the country.
(b) The dry air of the west is nothing like their hospitality.
(c) He can't think of anything healthier than salty air.
(d) Northern wives, with the way they kiss, keep their husbands warm at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ben say his family is successful?
2. What was the Lionnet?
3. Why does Horace tell the family he is not interested?
4. In determining how much time they have to pay back Horace's share of the money, what assumption does the family make?
5. Where is Mr. Marshall's home?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)