|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the slapping in Act 1?
2. Who greets Horace and Alexandra when they arrive home?
(a) The entire family.
3. Which marriage is discussed before Horace meets the entire family?
(a) Regina to Mr. Marshall.
(b) Birdie and Oscar.
(c) His own marriage to Regina.
(d) Zan to Leo.
4. Who thinks Horace is holding out for more than a third of the deal?
5. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
(a) Northern wives, with the way they kiss, keep their husbands warm at night.
(b) Southerners live better than the rest of the country.
(c) The dry air of the west is nothing like their hospitality.
(d) He can't think of anything healthier than salty air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Alexandra about the unlikely marriage conversation?
2. Why is Alexandra distraught during the family's visit in Act 2?
3. What other family plan will Horace not endorse?
4. How is it explained to Ben that the family came up with Horace's share of the money?
5. Who tells the rest of the family that Horace is ready to see them?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)