|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family want the business in their hometown?
(a) It's more efficient, and thus more profitable.
(b) To create the first mall.
(c) To improve travel for business and industry.
(d) It opens new opportunities for the community.
2. As the family discusses their dreams, who is being conspicuously quiet?
3. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
(a) In his room being stubborn.
(b) Working late.
(c) In the hospital for a heart condition.
(d) Stuck on a train, trying to get home in time for dinner.
4. What surprises and pleases Mr. Marshall about the family's hometown?
(a) It still practices slave labor so wages will be cheaper there.
(b) They live in the the same town and raised their families there.
(c) It's population is booming.
(d) It's proximity to the ocean.
5. Who does the slapping in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces to the family that the dinner guests are about to enter the parlor?
2. Who thinks Horace is not interested in the business deal?
3. Who instructs Alexandra to go pick up her father?
4. What does Ben say he wants to do with his money?
5. Where is Mr. Marshall's home?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)