|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
(a) Northern wives, with the way they kiss, keep their husbands warm at night.
(b) The dry air of the west is nothing like their hospitality.
(c) Southerners live better than the rest of the country.
(d) He can't think of anything healthier than salty air.
2. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
(a) In the hospital for a heart condition.
(b) In his room being stubborn.
(c) Stuck on a train, trying to get home in time for dinner.
(d) Working late.
3. What played a role in the fall of the Lionnet?
(a) The Spanish-American War.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Revolutionary War.
4. What does Alexandra say in Act 1 that irritates her mother?
(a) She never wants to see her father again.
(b) She won't go.
(c) She won't bring her father home if he's too ill to travel.
(d) She'll go, but won't come back.
5. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
(a) Someone needs to pay the bills at home.
(b) Returning home is for his own good.
(c) He must return home to get back to work.
(d) For a short vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of her husband's hobbies does Birdie complain is useless?
2. What does Ben say he wants to do with his money?
3. Who is disgusted by the idea of the unlikely marriage?
4. According to Ben, who is not very adaptable?
5. What unlikely marriage would make the family very happy?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)