|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says a man isn't in business only for what he can get out of it --it has to mean something to his heart, too?
(c) Mr. Marshall.
2. How does the family communicate with Horace regarding the business matter?
(a) By going to visit.
(b) By phoning.
(c) By writing.
(d) By Alexandra.
3. What reason is given to Alexandra for going to get her father?
(a) Someone needs to pay the bills at home.
(b) He must return home to get back to work.
(c) For a short vacation.
(d) Returning home is for his own good.
4. In which geographic region does the Giddens family live?
(a) The North.
(b) The West.
(c) The Atlantic Coast.
(d) The South.
5. What cruel statement does Regina tell Horace as they argue in Act 2?
(a) She hates him.
(b) Zan is not his daughter.
(c) He only wants bad things for her because of his own pending death.
(d) She has been in love with his best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Horace during the dinner with the special guest?
2. Who is disgusted by the idea of the unlikely marriage?
3. What does Mr. Marshall say about life in the geographic region he is visiting?
4. Who thinks Horace is not interested in the business deal?
5. Who follows Horace to argue when he leaves the room after telling the family he will not invest in their business?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)