* Play opens in the Giddens House located in the deep South. The year is 1900.
* Housekeeper Addie and butler Cal show the first indication of an important dinner/celebration going on.
* Cal brings a special bottle of port and Addie arranges it and glasses on the table in the parlor.
* Birdie compliments Addie on the delicious dinner and asks Cal to send one of the kitchen boys to her house to retrieve an album.
* Birdie explains that the dinner guest, Mr. Marshall, is interested in the music album and she wants to show it to him before he leaves.
* Birdie's husband, Oscar, enters and chastises her for making such a fuss over the album. He calls off the errand to go retrieve the album.
* Leo, Birdie and Oscar's son, enters the parlor and says the dinner guests are on their way to the parlor.
* Regina Giddens enters the...
This section contains 1,784 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)