|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa say some of the settlers are talking about doing?
(a) Forming a militia
(b) Going and talking with the Indians
(c) Leaving the area
(d) Building a stockade
2. Who is leading the Indians who ride past the house in Chapter 27?
(a) American cavalrymen
(b) Chief Running Iron
(c) Five Indian chiefs
(d) Chief Du Chene
3. How do Pa and Ma fight the fire?
(a) Beating it with wet sacks
(b) Dumping buckets of water on it
(c) They do not fight the fire
(d) Throwing dirt on it
4. What massacre does Mrs. Scott talk to Ma about?
(a) The Minnesota Massacre
(b) Fort Laramie Massacre
(c) Wounded Knee Massacreq
(d) The Homesteader Massacre
5. What did Mr. Edwards bring with him to contribute to the meal?
(a) A chocolate cake
(b) 2 turtledoves
(c) Cranberry sauce
(d) 9 sweet potatoes
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the cowboys singing?
2. Why did the cattle move so slowly?
3. What does Ma say she feels after they watch the last of the Indians go by?
4. Why was Bunny shut in the stable?
5. What does Pa tell the Scotts is the reason he came to their house in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pa do after the Indians quiet down and some leave? Who does he meet and what does Pa find out about the Indians?
2. What happens one day when the chimney catches on fire?
3. What does Pa say is the scream and how is the problem solved?
4. How does a prairie fire appear and what do Ma and Pa do about it? What is the result of their efforts?
5. What can the settlers hear from the Indians and how are the settlers feeling about what they hear?
6. How does the family almost lose the furs Pa has collected and what do they lose?
7. What does Pa begin to do in the spring and why is he doing it?
8. Where does Pa take Mary and Laura in Chapter 14 and what do they find there?
9. Why does the family worry about Pa getting back from Independence and what does he manage to bring with him without breaking it?
10. What do Mr. Scott and Mr. Edwards think about the prairie and what how do they feel about the Indians getting together?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)