|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hinges does Pa put on the cabin door?
(a) Wood ones
(b) Leather ones
(c) Metal ones
(d) He does not use hinges because the door is sliding
2. What does Laura tell her Ma Laura would like to see now that they are in Indian territory?
(a) A papoose
(b) A teepee
(c) An Indian woman dressed in buckskins
(d) An Indian village
3. How does the family come to own two mustangs?
(a) Pa trades their horses for them
(b) Pa buys them
(c) They find them attached to a wagon whose owner is dead
(d) Pa catches them wild on the prairie
4. What does Pa build after he builds the bedstead?
(a) A locked cabinet for their supplies
(b) A dog house for Jack
(c) Kitchen cabinets
(d) A clothes wardrobe
5. What happened to Ma when a log fell on her?
(a) It broke her ankle
(b) It sprained her arm
(c) It killed her
(d) It sprained her ankle
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Laura and Pa wish when they hear wolves?
2. How is the family carrying their supplies and the people?
3. How does the family get the goods they need to travel?
4. Where does Pa put Pet and Patty after he un-harnessed them?
5. Where does the family spend the night the first day on the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pa do every morning when digging the well with Mr. Scott and what happens to Mr. Scott in the well one morning?
2. What does Pa do with Pet and Patty when they camp on the prairie?
3. What do Laura and Mary do after breakfast?
4. What does Pa do about the homestead not having a fireplace?
5. How does Pa encounter a huge wolf pack and what does he do when they are around him?
6. How does Pa acquire mustangs and what are the mustangs’ names?
7. How does Laura end up wading in the creek?
8. What does Mr. Edwards look like and what does he tell Laura he is?
9. Why is Pa not at the homestead on Sunday by suppertime?
10. What does Pa tell the family about their neighbors as they eat dinner Sunday evening?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)