|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pa find Mr. Scott one morning?
(a) Sitting on the front porch
(b) Sleeping in the barn
(c) Feeding Jack venison
(d) Passed out in the bottom of the well
2. What are bothering the girls at the creek?
(b) Jack is barking too much
(d) There is a crow that keeps buzzing them
3. What did Pa use to finish off the logs he cut to open up the fireplace?
(a) Green oak slabs
(b) He used more rocks
(c) Metal sheeting
(d) Flat rocks
4. Why did Pa tell Ma to leave the house in Chapter 10?
(a) He is chinking the inside with smelly tar
(b) He wants to paint the walls
(c) He is putting a roof on the house
(d) It was smoky inside the fireplace
5. What do the girls have to clean out of the house before they can move into it?
(a) The mud splatters from chinking the walls
(b) All the wood chips
(c) All the grass on the floor
(d) Any insects or ants they can find
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ma cook outside after they move into the nearly finished house?
2. Where does Jack sleep the night he returns?
3. How big was the wolf pack Pa saw on the prairie?
4. Who does Pa say is living about nine miles away?
5. What did Ma do to help Pa build the house when the logs were three logs high?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pa tell the family about their neighbors as they eat dinner Sunday evening?
2. How long does it take for Mr. Edwards and Pa to finish the house and why is Mr. Edwards helping them?
3. What does Mr. Edwards look like and what does he tell Laura he is?
4. What happens with Pet the day after the stable is built?
5. How does Laura end up wading in the creek?
6. How does Pa get help for the roof from Mr. Edwards and what kind of floor does Pa put in the house?
7. What does Pa do about the homestead not having a fireplace?
8. What does Pa do with Pet and Patty when they camp on the prairie?
9. How does Pa encounter a huge wolf pack and what does he do when they are around him?
10. What does Laura tell her Pa about Jack and the Indians and what is his response?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)