|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma put on the mantel when it is finished?
(a) Pictures of the family
(b) A mantel clock
(c) A china woman from Wisconsin
(d) Several cast iron pots
2. What is the first state through which the Ingalls family travels?
3. What is unusual about the two bachelors’ house?
(a) It has two floors
(b) It is built so that the middle of the house is on the line between their two farms
(c) It is not a log cabin
(d) It is built partially underground
4. What are the Indians in the house wearing?
(a) Feathered headgear
(b) Fresh skunk skins
(c) White men's clothing
5. How does Pa fasten the barn door shut?
(a) With a handle
(b) With a latch
(c) With a pole
(d) With a chain
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa build after he builds the bedstead?
2. What does Pa tell the girls not to play with down at the creek?
3. What method does Pa use to build the fireplace?
4. What does Pa feed Pet and Patty when he chains them to the feed-box?
5. What does Pa do every morning before going down into the well he is digging?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the family do after Pa and Mr. Edwards finish the house, except for the roof?
2. What does Pa make for the cabin at the beginning of Chapter 12 and how does Ma help?
3. What do Laura and Mary do after breakfast?
4. How long does it take for Mr. Edwards and Pa to finish the house and why is Mr. Edwards helping them?
5. Where do the Ingalls stop for supplies and where do they spend the first night on the road? What do they hear that first night?
6. What does Mr. Edwards look like and what does he tell Laura he is?
7. How does Laura end up wading in the creek?
8. How does Pa and Ma start the house and what happens to Ma as they are building the house?
9. How does Pa get help for the roof from Mr. Edwards and what kind of floor does Pa put in the house?
10. What happens with Pet the day after the stable is built?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)