|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ma say the voice of Alfarata went?
(c) To the Sea
(d) To the Mountains
2. Where is Pa when the chimney catches on fire?
(a) Helping Mr. Edwards
(c) Cutting logs
(d) At Independence
3. Why was Laura anxious about not having snow?
(a) Santa needs snow for his reindeer
(b) The creek is getting too high with all the rain
(c) The roof has begun to leak
(d) There is too much mud to walk to the barn
4. What does Pa tell the Scotts is the reason he came to their house in the middle of the night?
(a) He thinks he heard a gunshot
(b) The cow ran away in their direction
(c) He does not talk to the Scotts
(d) Jack ran off barking into the distance
5. What does Pa wonder when they hear the Indian war cry over and over?
(a) How the Indians learned to make the war cry
(b) If the Scotts and Mr. Edwards could hear the Indians
(c) How many he can kill before they get his family
(d) If the Indians are coming that night
6. How was Pa finally able to milk the cow?
(a) He hog tied her front legs to her head
(b) He wedged her between the barn and the wagon
(c) He put her in a stall where she could not move
(d) He caught her between two oak stakes and the barn
7. What does Pa bring into the house the day before Christmas?
(a) A small boar
(b) A large turkey
(c) Five quail
(d) A wooly mammoth
8. Why was Bunny shut in the stable?
(a) So she would not follow her mother
(b) She has a lame leg
(c) She is ready to birth a colt
(d) She has colic
9. What do the girls say the Indians had eaten in the village?
(a) Cornmeal pancakes
(c) Fried Indian bread
10. What language does Pa think the Indian was speaking?
(a) He had no idea
11. Why was Laura running as the three of them returned home from the village?
(a) She was very hungry
(b) She was excited to show Ma her beads
(c) She was racing Jack
(d) Her father was walking too fast for her to keep up
12. What does Pa do to prepare for possible problems with the Indians?
(a) Teaches Jack to attack on command
(b) Uses all of his lead and makes bullets
(c) Teaches the girls how to fire the pistol
(d) Muds the outside of the house so it will not burn
13. What does Mr. Edwards say Santa was riding when Santa was in Independence?
(a) A large bay horse
(b) A sleigh pulled by mules
(c) He was riding a large elk
(d) A huge mule with donkeys loaded with presents
14. Who is taking care of the family when they are sick?
(a) Mrs. Scott
(b) No one
(c) The two bachelors
(d) Mr. Edwards
15. What does Ma say she feels after they watch the last of the Indians go by?
(a) Let down
(b) Very happy
(c) Still afraid
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa do with Pet and Patty when the fire is coming?
2. What does the prairie fire look like from a distance?
3. What does Mary and Laura do with their beads?
4. Why did the cattle move so slowly?
5. What does Mr. Edwards say he did to get to the Ingalls house Christmas morning?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)