|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa do when he comes in early from plowing?
(a) Takes his Saturday bath.
(b) Hitches Pet and Patty to the wagon.
(c) Gets his gun to go hunting
(d) Does all his chores and puts the animals in the barn
2. What game do Mary and Laura play with Carrie?
(a) Go Call the Goose
(b) Round the Bedstead
3. What does Pa say about the old trail by the house?
(a) It is not used by the deer
(b) It is called a low road
(c) The animals use it to get to the water
(d) He did not know Indians still used it
4. What do the cowboys tell Pa they will give him for his help?
(a) A new cow
(b) A side of beef
(c) Two cows and a bull
(d) A cow, a bull, and a calf
5. What do the girls say the Indians had eaten in the village?
(a) Cornmeal pancakes
(d) Fried Indian bread
6. What is in the middle of the combs Pa brings Mary and Laura?
(a) A flower
(b) A dog's head
(c) A triangle with flowers
(d) A star
7. What do the girls wear to bed?
(a) Cotton gingham nightgowns
(b) Flannel pajama pants
(c) Flower-pattern nightgowns
(d) Red flannel nightgowns
8. What does Pa think caused the illness?
(a) The mosquitoes
(b) The night air
(c) The cow's milk
(d) He has no opinion
9. What does Ma decide to do after the girls go to bed the night before Christmas?
(a) Hang their stockings
(b) Sings Christmas carols with Pa
(c) Goes to bed early
(d) Help Pa erect a bridge
10. Who helps Laura get Mary water when the family is sick?
(a) Mr. Edwards
11. What does Pa do when they first get back from the Indian village?
(a) Feed Jack dinner
(b) Milk the cow
(c) Chop wood
(d) Take a bath
12. What does Pa wonder when they hear the Indian war cry over and over?
(a) How many he can kill before they get his family
(b) How the Indians learned to make the war cry
(c) If the Indians are coming that night
(d) If the Scotts and Mr. Edwards could hear the Indians
13. What is preventing Pa from playing the fiddle at night?
(a) There are too many mosquitoes out
(b) He has broken one of the strings on his fiddle
(c) Carrie is having a hard time sleeping at night
(d) It is raining too much
14. What happens to Laura when she falls asleep waiting for her Pa to come home?
(a) She falls asleep at the kitchen table
(b) She begins to hear Indians at the door
(c) Nothing happens to her
(d) She goes to sleep and falls off the bench
15. What does Pa tell Laura the government will do about the Indians?
(a) They will sent the Indians west
(b) They will send the Indians south
(c) They will imprison the Indians
(d) They will let the Indians stay and share the land
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise does Pa bring Ma from Independence?
2. On what does Mrs. Scott blame the Ingalls’ illness?
3. What kind of symptoms does the Ingalls family have when they fall sick?
4. What does Laura do with the stick that is on fire on the cabin floor?
5. What does Mr. Edwards say Santa was riding when Santa was in Independence?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)