|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laura worry about Jack and the crossing of the creek?
(a) Pa will not let Jack ride in the wagon
(b) Jack has very short hair and the water is very cold
(c) Jack does not know how to swim
(d) Jack will not stay in the wagon
2. What do the Indians make Ma do?
(a) Give them some meat from the storage area
(b) Make them cornbread
(c) Give them money
(d) Give them the quilts on the bed
3. What kind of trees were around the place Pa chooses for a house?
4. What are bothering the girls at the creek?
(c) There is a crow that keeps buzzing them
(d) Jack is barking too much
5. What happens to the wagon as they cross the creek?
(a) The front brake smashes on a rock
(b) Nothing happens
(c) The right rear wheel gets stuck in the sandy bottom
(d) One of the horses stumbles in the water
6. Where does Pa put Pet and Patty after he un-harnessed them?
(a) Ties them to some bushes so they can eat
(b) On a picket line
(c) In a corral
(d) In the barn
7. What does Pa do every morning before going down into the well he is digging?
(a) Changes into his old clothes
(b) Releases a bird into the well
(c) Pours water from the creek into the well
(d) Sends a candle to the bottom
8. What is Laura doing at breakfast that her mother tells her to stop?
(a) Reading a book
(c) Playing with her food
(d) Pushing on Mary
9. What did they name Pet’s colt?
10. Where does Pa get the nails to use on the roof?
(a) From Mr. Edwards
(b) He brought them from their old home
(c) From the general store
(d) From Mr. Scott
11. What does Pa tell the girls not to play with down at the creek?
12. Who does Pa say is living about nine miles away?
(a) The Olsons
(b) Two families who are living together
(c) No one
(d) Two bachelors
13. Why does Laura have a difficult time falling asleep the night Jack returns?
(a) Her parents are talking
(b) She is too excited about Jack
(c) The baby is crying
(d) The horses are making a lot of noise eating
14. How far away does the nearest neighbor live?
(a) 5 miles
(b) 6 miles
(c) 3 miles
(d) 2 miles
15. What does Laura think of the water that comes from the bottom of the well?
(a) It tastes like minerals
(b) It seems to be a little cloudy
(c) It tastes a little like sulfur
(d) It is the best water she has ever had
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Pa tell Ma to leave the house in Chapter 10?
2. Where does the Ingalls family live at the opening of the book?
3. What are the Indians in the house wearing?
4. What does Pa feed Pet and Patty when he chains them to the feed-box?
5. What did Ma do to help Pa build the house when the logs were three logs high?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)