|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person Pet let touch her colt?
2. What is Laura doing at breakfast that her mother tells her to stop?
(a) Pushing on Mary
(b) Playing with her food
(c) Reading a book
3. How much of the house does Pa and Mr. Edwards get done the first day he comes over?
(a) All but the windows and roof
(b) Two-thirds of it
(c) Half of it
(d) All but the roof
4. What do the men hit at the bottom of the well before water?
5. What do the Indians make Ma do?
(a) Give them some meat from the storage area
(b) Make them cornbread
(c) Give them the quilts on the bed
(d) Give them money
6. What happens to the wagon as they cross the creek?
(a) The front brake smashes on a rock
(b) One of the horses stumbles in the water
(c) Nothing happens
(d) The right rear wheel gets stuck in the sandy bottom
7. Why does Laura have a difficult time falling asleep the night Jack returns?
(a) The horses are making a lot of noise eating
(b) Her parents are talking
(c) The baby is crying
(d) She is too excited about Jack
8. What are the Indians in the house wearing?
(a) Fresh skunk skins
(b) Feathered headgear
(c) White men's clothing
9. What does Pa plan to make after he lays the floor?
(a) A crib for Carrie
(b) Bunk beds for Laura and Mary
(c) A watering trough
(d) A bedstead for Ma and Pa
10. What does Pa say very large wolves are called?
(b) Bear wolves
(c) Dragon wolves
(d) Buffalo wolves
11. Where does the Ingalls family live at the opening of the book?
12. What does Pa use for a temporary roof?
(a) Tree branches tied together
(b) Woven prairie grasses
(c) The wagon canvas
13. How does the family get the goods they need to travel?
(a) They buy them with gold bullion
(b) They trade for them with fur
(c) They trade two cows for the needed supplies
(d) They steal them
14. What are the first two logs Pa put into a ditch for the house called?
(c) Foundation beams
15. Why does Pa want the family to move?
(a) His brother is also moving there
(b) He believes that wild animals will overrun the area
(c) He thinks wild animals are being kept away from the area
(d) He has lost his farm
Short Answer Questions
1. What did they name Pet’s colt?
2. What does Pa build after he builds the bedstead?
3. What kind of floor does Pa make for the cabin?
4. Where does Pa put Pet and Patty after he un-harnessed them?
5. What does Mary sew on when Pa goes back to the creek for more rocks to finish the fireplace?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)