|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Laura running as the three of them returned home from the village?
(a) Her father was walking too fast for her to keep up
(b) She was racing Jack
(c) She was excited to show Ma her beads
(d) She was very hungry
2. Where does Pa find Mr. Scott one morning?
(a) Sleeping in the barn
(b) Feeding Jack venison
(c) Sitting on the front porch
(d) Passed out in the bottom of the well
3. What is unusual about the two bachelors’ house?
(a) It is built so that the middle of the house is on the line between their two farms
(b) It has two floors
(c) It is built partially underground
(d) It is not a log cabin
4. What does Pa say is the reason the prairie was burned?
(a) Someone became careless with a campfire
(b) Lightning struck the prairie somewhere
(c) The Indians set it to drive off the white settlers
(d) Indians do it every year to make a clear way for their horses
5. How much milk does Pa get from the cow the first time he milks her?
(a) A bucketful
(c) About a cup
(d) Half a bucket
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Pa finally able to milk the cow?
2. What do the girls wear to bed?
3. Where does Pa put Pet and Patty after he un-harnessed them?
4. Where does Jack sleep the night he returns?
5. Where are the men taking the cattle?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)