|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laura worry about Jack and the crossing of the creek?
(a) Jack does not know how to swim
(b) Jack has very short hair and the water is very cold
(c) Pa will not let Jack ride in the wagon
(d) Jack will not stay in the wagon
2. Where does Pa decide to move the family?
(a) To Arizona
(b) To the South
(c) To the Indian territory
(d) To New England
3. How far away does the nearest neighbor live?
(a) 2 miles
(b) 3 miles
(c) 6 miles
(d) 5 miles
4. What do the girls have to clean out of the house before they can move into it?
(a) All the grass on the floor
(b) Any insects or ants they can find
(c) All the wood chips
(d) The mud splatters from chinking the walls
5. How does the family get the goods they need to travel?
(a) They trade for them with fur
(b) They trade two cows for the needed supplies
(c) They steal them
(d) They buy them with gold bullion
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laura have a difficult time falling asleep the night Jack returns?
2. What does the family have for breakfast the morning after Jack returns?
3. Where does Jack sleep the night he returns?
4. What does Ma complain about when Jack comes into the camp?
5. Who drives the wagon across the ford?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)