|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family cross the Missouri River?
(a) On a raft
(b) They do not cross the river but travel alongside it
(c) On a bridge
(d) At a ford
2. What does Ma do with the dish-cloth when she finishes the dishes?
(a) Hangs it on a clothesline
(b) Lays it out on some tall grass
(c) Hangs it on a branch
(d) Hangs it on the wagon
3. Why does Laura worry about Jack and the crossing of the creek?
(a) Jack does not know how to swim
(b) Jack has very short hair and the water is very cold
(c) Pa will not let Jack ride in the wagon
(d) Jack will not stay in the wagon
4. Where does Jack sleep the night he returns?
(a) Under the wagon
(b) In the wagon
(c) Under a tree
(d) With the horses
5. What does Patty do when Pet tries to eat Patty’s food?
(a) Nips Pet with her teeth
(b) Pushes Pet away
(c) Kicks Pet
(d) Stomps on Pet's foot
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Ingalls family live at the opening of the book?
2. When does Pa decide they are going to leave?
3. What does Ma complain about when Jack comes into the camp?
4. How far from Independence does Pa say they are in Chapter 4?
5. What is the first state through which the Ingalls family travels?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)