|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many piles of logs does Pa make over the days?
2. Why does Pa want the family to move?
(a) He thinks wild animals are being kept away from the area
(b) He has lost his farm
(c) He believes that wild animals will overrun the area
(d) His brother is also moving there
3. Why does Ma cook outside after they move into the nearly finished house?
(a) The fireplace is not built
(b) Ma likes to feel the breeze and the sun when she cooks
(c) The stove has not yet been set up
(d) IT is too hot to cook inside
4. What does the family have for breakfast the morning after Jack returns?
(a) Eggs and ham
(b) Pancakes and bacon
(c) Cheese and toast
(d) Porridge and milk
5. Where does Pa put Pet and Patty after he un-harnessed them?
(a) In a corral
(b) On a picket line
(c) Ties them to some bushes so they can eat
(d) In the barn
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the first two logs Pa put into a ditch for the house called?
2. What happened to Ma when a log fell on her?
3. What do the girls have to clean out of the house before they can move into it?
4. What do Laura and Pa wish when they hear wolves?
5. What is Laura doing at breakfast that her mother tells her to stop?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)