1. Where does the Ingalls family live at the opening of the book?
2. Where does Pa decide to move the family?
(a) To New England
(b) To the Indian territory
(c) To the South
(d) To Arizona
3. Why does Pa want the family to move?
(a) He thinks wild animals are being kept away from the area
(b) His brother is also moving there
(c) He has lost his farm
(d) He believes that wild animals will overrun the area
4. When does Pa decide they are going to leave?
(b) At the end of Spring
(c) The end of Winter
5. How does the family get the goods they need to travel?
(a) They steal them
(b) They buy them with gold bullion
(c) They trade for them with fur
(d) They trade two cows for the needed supplies
6. Where does the family spend the night the first day on the road?
(a) At Pepin
(b) At Ma's parents' house
(c) In an abandoned cabin
(d) At a trade station
This section contains 5,164 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)