• The following version of the book was used to make this lesson plan: Ng, Celeste. Little Fires Everywhere. Penguin Press, 2017.
• In Chapter 1, the narrator mentions the news that summer and how the Richardson fire became the most sensational news of all.
• Around noon on a Saturday in May, fire engines could be heard with their sirens wailing as they headed toward the duck pond.
• Mrs. Richardson was outside in her blue robe watching her house burn.
• She had been asleep because of a difficult day on Friday.
• The night before she had seen her tenants, Mia and Pearl, leaving their keys in her mailbox.
• So she slept in.
• She was awakened by the sound of the fire alarm.
• She raced through the house making sure no family members were still inside.
• She noticed that there was the smell of gasoline and individual fires set on each of...
This section contains 5,822 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)