|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arthur think of while he sits in debtors' prison?
2. How does Miss Wade pay her bills?
3. With whose penknife does Merdle kill himself?
4. Who does Minnie bring to Henry's studio?
5. How does Dorrit treat John Chivery when he sees him waiting after his farewell dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Flora's introduction of herself to Mr. Dorrit embarrassing?
2. How do the guests at the Merdle farewell dinner react to Mr. Dorrit's strange behavior?
3. How does Arthur respond to Pancks announcement that he has invested some money in Mr. Merdle's company?
4. What is Mrs. General's character like?
5. What does Little Dorrit do for Arthur while he is in debtors' prison?
6. Who does Dorrit recognize in his final days?
7. Why does the Dorrit family grant Amy permission to renew her friendship with Mrs. Gowan?
8. What does Rigaud threaten will happen to Mrs. Clennam by the time the debtors' prison doors are closed if she does not pay his ransom demands?
9. What does Little Dorrit reflect on as her family begins to travel throughout Europe once they become wealthy?
10. What does Mrs. Clennam request of Little Dorrit when she goes to find her at the debtors' prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss three acts of Blandois/Rigaud in Book 2 and what each contributes to the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism behind the Dorrit family's residence in the debtors' prison, using direct examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the way the Dorrit family behaves and interacts during the breakfast scene in Chapter V (Book 2) and what this scene shows the reader about at least three characters present in the scene.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)