|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. General?
2. How long is Dorrit acting funny until he dies?
3. Who hosts a farewell dinner for Mr. Dorrit?
4. What do Miss Wade and Tattycoram tell Arthur about Blandois's whereabouts?
5. Who is acting as a model when Minnie visits Henry's studio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Dorrit family grant Amy permission to renew her friendship with Mrs. Gowan?
2. How does Dorrit feel about his new position of power in London society?
3. What does Little Dorrit do for Arthur while he is in debtors' prison?
4. Why does Henry insist on his friendship and connection with Blandois?
5. Why is Flora's introduction of herself to Mr. Dorrit embarrassing?
6. What does John Baptist Cavalletto tell Pancks and the Plornish family about why he is acting funny?
7. What is Mrs. General's character like?
8. What is the story behind Arthur's birth?
9. Who does Dorrit recognize in his final days?
10. What does Franny's marriage allow Dorrit entrance to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Present an argument that Little Dorrit or Arthur is not as good of a character as the reader may initially come to believe.
Essay Topic 2
The character of Amy could be described as kind, giving, and good or as naive and someone who is taken advantage of by others. Choose either position and present a paper discussing what kind of character Amy is, using direct evidence from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least three literary devices Dickens uses to develop a character of your choosing.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)