|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hosts a farewell dinner for Mr. Dorrit?
2. What kind of marriage did Mrs. Clennam have with her husband before he died?
3. What event do Minnie and Amy attend the night after visiting Henry's studio?
4. Where are the Meagles going to go see their daughter?
5. Who does Arthur think he sees in a dream while in debtors' prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the first signs that something is wrong with Mr. Dorrit?
2. What is the story behind Arthur's birth?
3. Who does Dorrit recognize in his final days?
4. How does William Dorrit feel about his situation once he settles in Venice?
5. Why does Miss Wade take Tattycoram in?
6. What kind of background is revealed about Miss Wade through the papers she gives Arthur?
7. How does Dorrit feel about his new position of power in London society?
8. How do the guests at the Merdle farewell dinner react to Mr. Dorrit's strange behavior?
9. How does Merdle die?
10. What does Little Dorrit do for Arthur while he is in debtors' prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the way the Dorrit family behaves and interacts during the breakfast scene in Chapter V (Book 2) and what this scene shows the reader about at least three characters present in the scene.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss three acts of Blandois/Rigaud in Book 2 and what each contributes to the text.
Essay Topic 3
Present an argument that Little Dorrit or Arthur is not as good of a character as the reader may initially come to believe.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)