|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Blandois's real name?
2. Where does Arthur first arrange to meet Amy?
3. What does Mrs. Cowan think about Henry?
4. Who has John Chivery admired for most of his life?
5. What is Pet's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Little Dorrit's father live in the debtors' prison?
2. How did John Edward Nandy come to know William Dorrit?
3. What happens to Amy as her family is preparing to leave the debtors' prison?
4. What does Arthur ask Meagle to suggest to Daniel after they have all dined together at the Meagles for the first time?
5. How is the character of Blandois introduced?
6. What does Arthur realize about Pet and Henry when he first meets them during dinner at the Meagles's?
7. What does Miss Wade think of Tattycoram when she first meets her?
8. How does Amy respond to Arthur's paying off of Tip's debts?
9. How has Arthur's mother been living while her son has been in China?
10. What does Mr. Merdle's physician say about him at a dinner party in Book 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role that the Circumlocution Office plays in "Little Dorrit" and what social commentary Dickens is making by including this office in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least three acts of kindness Amy does within the first fifteen chapters that show the reader what kind of character she is.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why the Dorrit family's residence in the debtors' prison is (or is not) actually beneficial to them as a family unit.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)