|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Panck request of Casby once while Arthur is visiting?
(a) To marry the Casby daughter.
(b) To pay a bribe.
(c) To sign some papers.
(d) To banish Arthur forever.
2. Now that they are very wealthy, what does the Dorrit family decide about Arthur.
(a) That he should be killed.
(b) That he cannot be part of their lives.
(c) That he should be adopted as one of their own.
(d) That he should be paid generously for their help.
3. With whose penknife does Merdle kill himself?
(a) The Blandois'.
(b) The Sparklers'.
(c) The Merdles'.
(d) The Cavallettos'.
4. What makes Mrs. Clennam finally leave the house?
(a) Her desire to see Arthur.
(b) A fire.
(c) Rage at Rigaud.
(d) The threat of having her family secret revealed.
5. How do the girls react to Lion's misbehavior?
(a) They pretend it didn't happen but end up laughing about it later.
(b) They find it pretty funny.
(c) They are shaken.
(d) The pretend to ignore it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arthur's mom respond to Arthur's information about who Blandois really is?
2. Who does Arthur think he sees in a dream while in debtors' prison?
3. How does Dorrit treat John Chivery when he sees him waiting after his farewell dinner?
4. While Arthur is visiting, what brings about an argument between Tattycoram and Miss Wade?
5. Who does Fanny hint to Amy is courting her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does William Dorrit feel about his situation once he settles in Venice?
2. What does Little Dorrit report to Arthur about Minnie's marriage?
3. What is the story behind Arthur's birth?
4. How does Merdle die?
5. What dynamic does Fanny's relationship with Sparkler create with Mrs. Merdle?
6. What kind of background is revealed about Miss Wade through the papers she gives Arthur?
7. What does John Baptist Cavalletto tell Pancks and the Plornish family about why he is acting funny?
8. How does Arthur respond to Pancks announcement that he has invested some money in Mr. Merdle's company?
9. Why does Miss Wade take Tattycoram in?
10. What does Minnie assume has happened to her dog?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)