|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pancks do for a living?
(b) Collect rents.
(c) Work for the Office of Circumlocution.
(d) Deliver mail.
2. What is the relationship between William and Frederick?
(a) They are brothers-in-law.
(b) They are brothers.
(d) They are cousins.
3. How does Mr. Pancks feel about his job.
(a) He loves it.
(b) He brags about it as often as he can.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He is embarrassed by it.
4. How do Henry and Minnie depart from their wedding?
(a) By train.
(b) By limo.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By carriage.
5. How does Arthur react to the idea that Amy might have a suitor in John?
(a) He is distressed.
(b) He could care less one way or the other.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proof does Panck present to Arthur about the Dorrit inheritance?
2. Who gives her approval to the marriage between Henry and Minnie?
3. Who is Henry a beneficiary of?
4. Which character refuses to return to the Meagles household?
5. How does Mrs. Clennam feel about her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Flintwinch's dream about in Chapter XV (Book 1)?
2. What is Arthur astounded to learn over dinner with the Gowans?
3. What does Arthur decide to do when he sees a man being taken to the hospital after walking with Pancks for the first time?
4. What happened to Maggy that makes her character unique in "Little Dorrit"?
5. Why does Arthur not want to join the family business?
6. What happens to Amy as her family is preparing to leave the debtors' prison?
7. What does Arthur ask Meagle to suggest to Daniel after they have all dined together at the Meagles for the first time?
8. What reason does Pancks give Arthur for asking about information on the Dorrit family?
9. How does Amy respond to John Chivery's conversation about wanting to spend his life with her?
10. How does Amy respond to Arthur's paying off of Tip's debts?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)