|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorrit ask for while at dinner with the Merdles?
(a) More wine, even though he clearly doesn't need it.
(b) Kisses from all the girls.
(d) More food.
2. Whose approval of Fanny and Sparkler's marriage does Mr. Dorrit seek?
(a) Mrs. Merdle's.
(d) His deceased wife's; he visits her grave to "talk" to her.
3. What item does Miss Wade give Arthur that she claims will explain why she hates Blandois and Minnie?
(a) A video recording.
(b) Bank notes.
(c) Some papers.
(d) A journal.
4. What does Lion do in Henry's studio?
(a) Uses it as a litter box.
(b) Eats all the paints.
(c) Lunges at Blandois.
(d) Leaves his feathers all over the place.
5. What does Arthur's mother say about the same stranger he saw earlier with Miss Wade?
(a) That it is just her new doctor visiting.
(b) That it is just business.
(c) That it is the son she never told Arthur about.
(d) That it is her new boyfriend.
6. What does Henry make Lion do when he misbehaves?
(a) Go out onto the street to be adopted by someone else.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Go back to the pound.
(d) Go back to the house.
7. Where does the Dorrit family decide to take up residence in a huge mansion for several months?
8. What does Mrs. Clennam do with the money she receives upon her husband's death?
(a) Keep it all.
(b) Give some to her husband's secret lover.
(c) Give some to charity.
(d) Burn it.
9. What event do Minnie and Amy attend the night after visiting Henry's studio?
(a) The opera.
(b) An art gallery opening.
(c) The symphony.
(d) A ball.
10. What kind of job calls Daniel Doyce away to another country?
(a) An ambassador job.
(b) A political job.
(c) An engineering job.
(d) A sailing job.
11. Why does Pancks have more difficulty than normal in collecting rents?
(a) Because people know that Merdle does not really need the money.
(b) Because no one respects him anymore.
(c) Because people have learned they can take advantage of him.
(d) Because the country is going through a recession and no one has any funds.
12. Who tells Arthur that Minnie has a son?
(a) Minnie herself.
(b) Miss Wade.
(d) Little Dorrit.
13. How does Arthur start to feel while in debtors' prison?
(a) Happy and carefree.
(b) Shaky and confused.
(c) Ill and very old.
(d) Wise beyond his years.
14. With whose penknife does Merdle kill himself?
(a) The Cavallettos'.
(b) The Sparklers'.
(c) The Blandois'.
(d) The Merdles'.
15. What is Merdle rumored to become shortly before his death?
(b) A baron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body is never found from the explosion at Mrs. Clennam's house?
2. Who filed the original complaint about Mr. Blandois going missing?
3. Where does Mr. Dorrit return to after Fanny's marriage.
4. Where are Miss Wade, Tattycoram, and Flora all living when Arthur goes to see Tattycoram?
5. How do the girls react to Lion's misbehavior?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)