|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cavalletto claim to have seen Blandois recently?
(a) In London.
(b) At the courthouse.
(c) In Miss Wade's apartment.
(d) In Arthur's mother's apartment.
2. What makes Mrs. Clennam finally leave the house?
(a) The threat of having her family secret revealed.
(b) Rage at Rigaud.
(c) Her desire to see Arthur.
(d) A fire.
3. Who does Minnie bring to Henry's studio?
(a) Mrs. General.
(b) Fanny and Amy.
(c) Amy and Arthur.
4. Why is Mr. Dorrit interested in building connected with Sparkler?
(a) He wants to be in the paper more, and Sparkler works as a reporter.
(b) He thinks it might help his painting.
(c) He loves him because of his name.
(d) He might meet Merdle through him.
5. Where does Dorrit go after his farewell party?
6. Who does Dorrit find Amy with when he arrives home in Chapter XIX?
(a) His brother.
(c) A new puppy.
(d) Her secret lover.
7. What kind of marriage did Mrs. Clennam have with her husband before he died?
(c) None; their marriage was actually a sham.
8. How does Arthur's mom respond to Arthur's information about who Blandois really is?
(a) She gets furious and throws him out of the house.
(b) She does not believe him.
(c) She laughs because she already knew.
(d) She faints with shock.
9. After Fanny enters her marriage, who is Amy stuck with spending most of her time with?
(a) Herself alone.
(b) Her pet parrot.
(c) Mrs. General.
(d) Her father.
10. Who does Edward mention during breakfast with the Dorrits that he spent an evening with in Venice?
(a) Little Dorrit.
11. What does Arthur's mother say about the same stranger he saw earlier with Miss Wade?
(a) That it is her new boyfriend.
(b) That it is just business.
(c) That it is the son she never told Arthur about.
(d) That it is just her new doctor visiting.
12. How does Miss Wade pay her bills?
(a) She lives off of a trust fund.
(b) She doesn't; she is horribly in debt.
(c) Her father is involved in illegal activities.
(d) She has the patent for a new sewing machine.
13. Why does Pancks have more difficulty than normal in collecting rents?
(a) Because people know that Merdle does not really need the money.
(b) Because people have learned they can take advantage of him.
(c) Because no one respects him anymore.
(d) Because the country is going through a recession and no one has any funds.
14. Who does Henry Gowan spend a lot of time with in Venice?
(b) No one is quite sure, actually.
15. Who do the Meagles' servants think they see at the gate one evening?
(c) A very big, scary dog.
(d) Miss Wade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Dorrit return to after Fanny's marriage.
2. How is Dorrit behaving when he returns to see Amy after being in London?
3. What do the Meagles request of Arthur while they are away visiting their daughter?
4. Who does William tell Amy society demands must be the next one to marry?
5. What kind of job calls Daniel Doyce away to another country?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)