|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Little Dorrit feel about her travels in comparison with the rest of her family?
(a) She enjoys it about the same.
(b) She enjoys it even more.
(c) She does not enjoy it as much.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
2. What does Rigaud go to the Clennam house to collect while Arthur is in debtors' prison?
(a) The rent.
(b) Arthur's things; he wants to bring them to him in jail.
(c) He baseball card collection.
(d) His blackmail money.
3. Where does Mr. Dorrit think he is while at dinner with the Merdles?
(b) On a train.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) A dollhouse.
4. Why is Mr. Dorrit interested in building connected with Sparkler?
(a) He loves him because of his name.
(b) He wants to be in the paper more, and Sparkler works as a reporter.
(c) He might meet Merdle through him.
(d) He thinks it might help his painting.
5. How do the girls react to Lion's misbehavior?
(a) They are shaken.
(b) They pretend it didn't happen but end up laughing about it later.
(c) The pretend to ignore it.
(d) They find it pretty funny.
6. How do Fanny and Mrs. Merdle react to each other when they see each other abroad?
(a) They spit on each other.
(b) They decide the past is best forgotten.
(c) They get into an instant fight.
(d) They pretend to be best friends.
7. Who tells Arthur that Minnie has a son?
(b) Little Dorrit.
(c) Miss Wade.
(d) Minnie herself.
8. What event do Minnie and Amy attend the night after visiting Henry's studio?
(a) An art gallery opening.
(b) A ball.
(c) The opera.
(d) The symphony.
9. Why does Amy tell Franny she should not get married?
(a) Because marriage is hard on a woman.
(b) Because she is only being courted for her money.
(c) Because she is too young.
(d) Because she is not in love.
10. Who was Miss Wade once in love with?
(d) Henry Gowan.
11. Which character does Minnie dislike in Venice?
(c) All of these answers are correct.
12. How does Arthur's mom respond to Arthur's information about who Blandois really is?
(a) She gets furious and throws him out of the house.
(b) She does not believe him.
(c) She faints with shock.
(d) She laughs because she already knew.
13. How long is Dorrit acting funny until he dies?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 10 minutes.
14. Where does Cavalletto claim to have seen Blandois recently?
(a) At the courthouse.
(b) In Arthur's mother's apartment.
(c) In London.
(d) In Miss Wade's apartment.
15. What does Cavalletto do that makes Arthur think he may know Blandois?
(a) Nothing; Arthur just takes a lucky guess.
(b) Whistle a tune Blandois used to whistle.
(c) Pull out Blandois's wallet.
(d) Mention him directly in conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hosts a farewell dinner for Mr. Dorrit?
2. What item does John Chivery bring to Dorrit after his farewell dinner?
3. What do Miss Wade and Tattycoram tell Arthur about Blandois's whereabouts?
4. What kind of marriage did Mrs. Clennam have with her husband before he died?
5. Who does Fanny hint to Amy is courting her?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)