|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Arthur go to try to obtain a license for Daniel's invention?
(a) The Circumlocution Office.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) The mayor.
(d) His senator, since nothing else is working.
2. How do Fanny and Mrs. Merdle react to each other when they see each other abroad?
(a) They pretend to be best friends.
(b) They get into an instant fight.
(c) They spit on each other.
(d) They decide the past is best forgotten.
3. Who hosts a farewell dinner for Mr. Dorrit?
(a) The Merdle household.
4. Whose body is never found from the explosion at Mrs. Clennam's house?
(a) No one's -- everyone seems to have escaped alive.
(b) Mrs. Clennam's.
5. What is Merdle rumored to become shortly before his death?
(a) A baron.
6. How do people react to Dorrit's behavior at the Merdles' dinner?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They just ignore it.
(c) They get so angry that they throw him out on the street.
(d) They find it quite funny, actually.
7. What makes Mrs. Clennam finally leave the house?
(a) The threat of having her family secret revealed.
(b) Rage at Rigaud.
(c) Her desire to see Arthur.
(d) A fire.
8. What other characters are with the Dorrits when Book 2 opens?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Henry Gowan.
(d) Minnie Meagle.
9. Where does the Dorrit family decide to take up residence in a huge mansion for several months?
10. How does Dorrit treat John Chivery when he sees him waiting after his farewell dinner?
(a) He is quiet until they can celebrate inside his house.
(b) He is quite rude.
(c) He pretends not to recognize him at all and completely ignores him.
(d) He hugs him with joy.
11. In Chapter XIX, why is Dorrit not greeted by Amy when he arrives home?
(a) She has fallen and broken her ankle quite badly.
(b) He is surprising her on purpose.
(c) She is mad at him.
(d) He wasn't expected until the next day.
12. How do the girls react to Lion's misbehavior?
(a) They find it pretty funny.
(b) The pretend to ignore it.
(c) They are shaken.
(d) They pretend it didn't happen but end up laughing about it later.
13. Who comes to visit Mr. Dorrit soon after he returns to London?
(b) Mrs. Merdle.
(d) Mr. Merdle.
14. How is Dorrit behaving when he returns to see Amy after being in London?
(a) Incredibly cruel and rude to everyone, even the dog.
(b) Like his old self, calm and peaceful.
(c) Outrageously happy.
(d) Very strangely.
15. With whom does Amy request to renew her friendship?
(c) Mrs. Gowan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wedding do Fanny and Sparkler have?
2. How long is Dorrit acting funny until he dies?
3. What item does Miss Wade give Arthur that she claims will explain why she hates Blandois and Minnie?
4. How does Arthur's mom respond to Arthur's information about who Blandois really is?
5. What does Panck request of Casby once while Arthur is visiting?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)