|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship of Amy's particularly suffers once her family becomes wealthy?
(a) Her relationship with her mother.
(b) Her relationship with her father.
(c) Her relationship with her mother.
(d) Her relationship with her brother.
2. How does Miss Wade pay her bills?
(a) She has the patent for a new sewing machine.
(b) Her father is involved in illegal activities.
(c) She doesn't; she is horribly in debt.
(d) She lives off of a trust fund.
3. What kind of wedding do Fanny and Sparkler have?
(a) A secret one.
(b) A spectacular one.
(c) A modest one.
(d) One inside of an ice-skating rink.
4. Who do the Meagles' servants think they see at the gate one evening?
(a) Miss Wade.
(c) A very big, scary dog.
5. What big job does Sparkler get at the Circumlocution office?
(a) None; he is actually fired.
(b) A door opener, which is a job of much honor.
(c) One of the lords.
(d) The Chief Executive Officer.
6. What event do Minnie and Amy attend the night after visiting Henry's studio?
(a) An art gallery opening.
(b) A ball.
(c) The opera.
(d) The symphony.
7. How does Dorrit treat John Chivery when he sees him waiting after his farewell dinner?
(a) He is quite rude.
(b) He is quiet until they can celebrate inside his house.
(c) He hugs him with joy.
(d) He pretends not to recognize him at all and completely ignores him.
8. What does Mrs. Clennam do with the money she receives upon her husband's death?
(a) Give some to charity.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Keep it all.
(d) Give some to her husband's secret lover.
9. Which character does Minnie dislike in Venice?
(c) All of these answers are correct.
10. Who tells Arthur that Minnie has a son?
(a) Little Dorrit.
(b) Miss Wade.
(c) Minnie herself.
11. Where are Miss Wade, Tattycoram, and Flora all living when Arthur goes to see Tattycoram?
(a) At Casby's house.
(b) At the debtors' prison.
(c) In a very fancy house in Bleeding Heart Yard.
(d) At an all-girls school.
12. What kind of job calls Daniel Doyce away to another country?
(a) An engineering job.
(b) A political job.
(c) A sailing job.
(d) An ambassador job.
13. Where is the Dorrit family vacationing when Book 2 opens?
(c) The Alps of Italy.
14. Who hosts a farewell dinner for Mr. Dorrit?
(d) The Merdle household.
15. Where does Dorrit go after his farewell party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does William tell Amy society demands must be the next one to marry?
2. What does Henry make Lion do when he misbehaves?
3. What does Dorrit ask for while at dinner with the Merdles?
4. How does Little Dorrit feel about her travels in comparison with the rest of her family?
5. What does Cavalletto do that makes Arthur think he may know Blandois?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)