|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the residents of the Bleeding Heart Yard think of Merdle?
(a) That he is a horrible landowner.
(b) That he is a great man.
(c) That he better not visit them in person or people will attack him.
(d) That he is too good to be true and is probably just a myth.
2. What do the Meagles request of Arthur while they are away visiting their daughter?
(a) That he live in their house and spy on their neighbors.
(b) That he accompany them.
(c) That he not write or talk to them anymore.
(d) That he watch over their house.
3. Who does Cavalletto recognize Blandois as when Arthur shows him the police bill with his picture on it?
4. Which rooms do Mr. and Mrs. Sparkler occupy after their wedding?
(a) The same ones used by Mrs. Merdle.
(b) The same ones used by Henry and Minnie.
(c) The same ones used by Amy and Arthur.
(d) The ones used by the King and Queen many years ago.
5. Who does Dorrit ask to advise him regarding his money?
(c) Arthur, because he knows he's honest.
6. How do people react to Dorrit's behavior at the Merdles' dinner?
(a) They get so angry that they throw him out on the street.
(b) They find it quite funny, actually.
(c) They are shocked.
(d) They just ignore it.
7. Who does Fanny hint to Amy is courting her?
8. Why is Mr. Dorrit interested in building connected with Sparkler?
(a) He might meet Merdle through him.
(b) He wants to be in the paper more, and Sparkler works as a reporter.
(c) He loves him because of his name.
(d) He thinks it might help his painting.
9. What makes Mrs. Clennam finally leave the house?
(a) Her desire to see Arthur.
(b) Rage at Rigaud.
(c) The threat of having her family secret revealed.
(d) A fire.
10. Where does Mr. Dorrit return to after Fanny's marriage.
(a) His new fancy hotel in London.
(b) His home in London.
(c) A secret hideaway place in London.
(d) The debtors' prison in London.
11. What kind of job calls Daniel Doyce away to another country?
(a) An ambassador job.
(b) An engineering job.
(c) A political job.
(d) A sailing job.
12. What does Dorrit ask for while at dinner with the Merdles?
(a) More wine, even though he clearly doesn't need it.
(b) More food.
(c) Kisses from all the girls.
13. Who does Dorrit find Amy with when he arrives home in Chapter XIX?
(a) Her secret lover.
(b) His brother.
(c) A new puppy.
14. How do Fanny and Mrs. Merdle react to each other when they see each other abroad?
(a) They spit on each other.
(b) They pretend to be best friends.
(c) They get into an instant fight.
(d) They decide the past is best forgotten.
15. How does Fanny respond to Frederick's scolding about how she treats Amy?
(a) She refuses to talk the rest of the day.
(b) She is just meaner when Frederick is not around.
(c) She is kinder for the rest of the day.
(d) She throws a hissy fit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dorrit treat John Chivery when he sees him waiting after his farewell dinner?
2. What big job does Sparkler get at the Circumlocution office?
3. Where are Miss Wade, Tattycoram, and Flora all living when Arthur goes to see Tattycoram?
4. Who comes to visit Mr. Dorrit soon after he returns to London?
5. Who tells Arthur that Minnie has a son?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)