|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship of Amy's particularly suffers once her family becomes wealthy?
(a) Her relationship with her brother.
(b) Her relationship with her father.
(c) Her relationship with her mother.
(d) Her relationship with her mother.
2. Who hosts a farewell dinner for Mr. Dorrit?
(b) The Merdle household.
3. What secret has Mrs. Clennam been hiding from Arthur for many years?
(a) That she is illiterate.
(b) That she is outrageously wealthy but doesn't want to give him a dime.
(c) That she is not his birth mother.
(d) That she is really his sister.
4. Who does Fanny hint to Amy is courting her?
5. Where does Mr. Dorrit think he is while at dinner with the Merdles?
(a) He doesn't know.
(c) A dollhouse.
(d) On a train.
6. Now that they are very wealthy, what does the Dorrit family decide about Arthur.
(a) That he should be paid generously for their help.
(b) That he should be adopted as one of their own.
(c) That he cannot be part of their lives.
(d) That he should be killed.
7. Who does Cavalletto recognize Blandois as when Arthur shows him the police bill with his picture on it?
8. What does Panck request of Casby once while Arthur is visiting?
(a) To pay a bribe.
(b) To sign some papers.
(c) To banish Arthur forever.
(d) To marry the Casby daughter.
9. What item does John Chivery bring to Dorrit after his farewell dinner?
(a) An old book.
(c) A new phone.
10. How does Arthur's mom respond to Arthur's information about who Blandois really is?
(a) She gets furious and throws him out of the house.
(b) She does not believe him.
(c) She laughs because she already knew.
(d) She faints with shock.
11. How does Little Dorrit feel about her travels in comparison with the rest of her family?
(a) She enjoys it about the same.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) She does not enjoy it as much.
(d) She enjoys it even more.
12. How do the girls react to Lion's misbehavior?
(a) They pretend it didn't happen but end up laughing about it later.
(b) They are shaken.
(c) They find it pretty funny.
(d) The pretend to ignore it.
13. Who reports to Mr. Dorrit that Mr. Blandois has gone missing?
14. Who does William tell Amy society demands must be the next one to marry?
(d) This is a trick question; he says no such thing.
15. Where does the Dorrit family decide to take up residence in a huge mansion for several months?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Miss Wade once in love with?
2. Where is the Dorrit family vacationing when Book 2 opens?
3. How does Arthur feel when his visitors leave?
4. Why does Amy tell Franny she should not get married?
5. Who do Frederick and Amy bump into in an art gallery?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)