|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cavalletto do that makes Arthur think he may know Blandois?
(a) Pull out Blandois's wallet.
(b) Nothing; Arthur just takes a lucky guess.
(c) Mention him directly in conversation.
(d) Whistle a tune Blandois used to whistle.
2. How do Fanny and Mrs. Merdle react to each other when they see each other abroad?
(a) They pretend to be best friends.
(b) They decide the past is best forgotten.
(c) They get into an instant fight.
(d) They spit on each other.
3. Where does Dorrit go after his farewell party?
4. Who does Dorrit ask to advise him regarding his money?
(b) Arthur, because he knows he's honest.
5. Who do Frederick and Amy bump into in an art gallery?
(a) The Dorrits.
(b) The Gowans.
(c) The Arthurs.
(d) The Barnacles.
6. What does Panck request of Casby once while Arthur is visiting?
(a) To marry the Casby daughter.
(b) To sign some papers.
(c) To banish Arthur forever.
(d) To pay a bribe.
7. Who does William tell Amy society demands must be the next one to marry?
(d) This is a trick question; he says no such thing.
8. What does Rigaud go to the Clennam house to collect while Arthur is in debtors' prison?
(a) The rent.
(b) He baseball card collection.
(c) His blackmail money.
(d) Arthur's things; he wants to bring them to him in jail.
9. Where does Cavalletto claim to have seen Blandois recently?
(a) In Miss Wade's apartment.
(b) In London.
(c) At the courthouse.
(d) In Arthur's mother's apartment.
10. What kind of job calls Daniel Doyce away to another country?
(a) A political job.
(b) A sailing job.
(c) An engineering job.
(d) An ambassador job.
11. Why does Amy tell Franny she should not get married?
(a) Because marriage is hard on a woman.
(b) Because she is not in love.
(c) Because she is too young.
(d) Because she is only being courted for her money.
12. What makes Mrs. Clennam finally leave the house?
(a) The threat of having her family secret revealed.
(b) Rage at Rigaud.
(c) Her desire to see Arthur.
(d) A fire.
13. Who hosts a farewell dinner for Mr. Dorrit?
(b) The Merdle household.
14. How does Dorrit treat John Chivery when he sees him waiting after his farewell dinner?
(a) He pretends not to recognize him at all and completely ignores him.
(b) He is quiet until they can celebrate inside his house.
(c) He hugs him with joy.
(d) He is quite rude.
15. What "secret" does Chivery tell Arthur while he is in debtors' prison?
(a) That everyone thinks he is in there on fake charges.
(b) That Little Dorrit has been in love with him for years.
(c) That there is a key hidden under the mattress that everyone uses.
(d) That Arthur is actually the heir to the Scottish throne; he is really King Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Clennam do with the money she receives upon her husband's death?
2. What item does Miss Wade give Arthur that she claims will explain why she hates Blandois and Minnie?
3. When do Fanny and Sparkler get engaged?
4. After Fanny enters her marriage, who is Amy stuck with spending most of her time with?
5. How does Miss Wade pay her bills?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)