|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pancks have more difficulty than normal in collecting rents?
(a) Because the country is going through a recession and no one has any funds.
(b) Because no one respects him anymore.
(c) Because people have learned they can take advantage of him.
(d) Because people know that Merdle does not really need the money.
2. Where does Cavalletto claim to have seen Blandois recently?
(a) At the courthouse.
(b) In Miss Wade's apartment.
(c) In Arthur's mother's apartment.
(d) In London.
3. Who does Cavalletto recognize Blandois as when Arthur shows him the police bill with his picture on it?
4. Where do Fanny and Sparkler go after their wedding?
5. Who does Arthur think he sees in a dream while in debtors' prison?
(a) Little Dorrit.
(b) Mr. Dorrit acting as the jail keeper.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
6. Who does Arthur think of while he sits in debtors' prison?
(a) No one; he feels completely alone.
(b) His mother.
(c) Little Dorrit.
7. How does Little Dorrit feel about her travels in comparison with the rest of her family?
(a) She does not enjoy it as much.
(b) She enjoys it even more.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) She enjoys it about the same.
8. Who dies in the explosion of Mrs. Clennam's house?
(a) No one, luckily.
(c) Mrs. Clennam.
9. How long is Dorrit acting funny until he dies?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 10 hours.
(d) 10 days.
10. Who does Edward mention during breakfast with the Dorrits that he spent an evening with in Venice?
(b) Little Dorrit.
11. What does Cavalletto do that makes Arthur think he may know Blandois?
(a) Pull out Blandois's wallet.
(b) Whistle a tune Blandois used to whistle.
(c) Nothing; Arthur just takes a lucky guess.
(d) Mention him directly in conversation.
12. How does Arthur feel when his visitors leave?
(a) Optimistic about what the future might bring.
(b) He could care less one way or the other.
(d) Very sad.
13. Who does Dorrit ask to advise him regarding his money?
(b) Arthur, because he knows he's honest.
14. How do the girls react to Lion's misbehavior?
(a) They are shaken.
(b) They pretend it didn't happen but end up laughing about it later.
(c) The pretend to ignore it.
(d) They find it pretty funny.
15. Who hosts a farewell dinner for Mr. Dorrit?
(a) The Merdle household.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dorrit find Amy with when he arrives home in Chapter XIX?
2. What is Merdle rumored to become shortly before his death?
3. What does Lion do in Henry's studio?
4. Who does William tell Amy society demands must be the next one to marry?
5. What other characters are with the Dorrits when Book 2 opens?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)