|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose approval of Fanny and Sparkler's marriage does Mr. Dorrit seek?
(a) His deceased wife's; he visits her grave to "talk" to her.
(b) Mrs. Merdle's.
2. With whose penknife does Merdle kill himself?
(a) The Sparklers'.
(b) The Merdles'.
(c) The Blandois'.
(d) The Cavallettos'.
3. Who does Dorrit ask to advise him regarding his money?
(b) Arthur, because he knows he's honest.
4. What does Dorrit ask for while at dinner with the Merdles?
(a) More food.
(b) More wine, even though he clearly doesn't need it.
(d) Kisses from all the girls.
5. What do the Meagles request of Arthur while they are away visiting their daughter?
(a) That he not write or talk to them anymore.
(b) That he watch over their house.
(c) That he accompany them.
(d) That he live in their house and spy on their neighbors.
6. Which character does Minnie dislike in Venice?
(c) All of these answers are correct.
7. Who is acting as a model when Minnie visits Henry's studio?
(a) Mrs. General.
(b) Fanny and Amy.
(d) Amy and Arthur.
8. What big job does Sparkler get at the Circumlocution office?
(a) None; he is actually fired.
(b) The Chief Executive Officer.
(c) A door opener, which is a job of much honor.
(d) One of the lords.
9. Who tells Arthur that Minnie has a son?
(b) Little Dorrit.
(c) Minnie herself.
(d) Miss Wade.
10. What secret has Mrs. Clennam been hiding from Arthur for many years?
(a) That she is illiterate.
(b) That she is really his sister.
(c) That she is outrageously wealthy but doesn't want to give him a dime.
(d) That she is not his birth mother.
11. With whom does Dorrit like to go exploring?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
12. What does Lion do in Henry's studio?
(a) Uses it as a litter box.
(b) Leaves his feathers all over the place.
(c) Eats all the paints.
(d) Lunges at Blandois.
13. While Arthur is visiting, what brings about an argument between Tattycoram and Miss Wade?
(a) A story in that morning's newspaper.
(b) Tattycoram's question about the Meagles.
(c) A news report everyone hears on the radio.
(d) Arthur complimenting one of them on their clothes.
14. Who is Lion?
(a) Minnie's dog.
(b) Minnie's cat.
(c) Minnie's parrot.
(d) Minnie's ferret.
15. What item does John Chivery bring to Dorrit after his farewell dinner?
(a) An old book.
(b) A new phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cavalletto do that makes Arthur think he may know Blandois?
2. What do the residents of the Bleeding Heart Yard think of Merdle?
3. Where does Arthur go to try to obtain a license for Daniel's invention?
4. Who is Mrs. General?
5. After Fanny enters her marriage, who is Amy stuck with spending most of her time with?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)