|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whose penknife does Merdle kill himself?
(a) The Blandois'.
(b) The Cavallettos'.
(c) The Sparklers'.
(d) The Merdles'.
2. Where does Arthur go to try to obtain a license for Daniel's invention?
(a) The mayor.
(b) His senator, since nothing else is working.
(c) The Circumlocution Office.
(d) A lawyer.
3. What does Dorrit ask for while at dinner with the Merdles?
(b) More food.
(c) More wine, even though he clearly doesn't need it.
(d) Kisses from all the girls.
4. What kind of wedding do Fanny and Sparkler have?
(a) A spectacular one.
(b) One inside of an ice-skating rink.
(c) A secret one.
(d) A modest one.
5. Who tells Arthur that Minnie has a son?
(b) Little Dorrit.
(c) Minnie herself.
(d) Miss Wade.
6. When do Fanny and Sparkler get engaged?
(a) After Little Dorrit confesses she has a crush on him, too.
(b) After Fanny is in a bad accident.
(c) After her father says he will disown her if they get married.
(d) After his promotion.
7. In Chapter XIX, why is Dorrit not greeted by Amy when he arrives home?
(a) She has fallen and broken her ankle quite badly.
(b) He is surprising her on purpose.
(c) She is mad at him.
(d) He wasn't expected until the next day.
8. Which rooms do Mr. and Mrs. Sparkler occupy after their wedding?
(a) The ones used by the King and Queen many years ago.
(b) The same ones used by Mrs. Merdle.
(c) The same ones used by Amy and Arthur.
(d) The same ones used by Henry and Minnie.
9. What big job does Sparkler get at the Circumlocution office?
(a) The Chief Executive Officer.
(b) A door opener, which is a job of much honor.
(c) One of the lords.
(d) None; he is actually fired.
10. Who does Dorrit ask to advise him regarding his money?
(c) Arthur, because he knows he's honest.
11. Where does the Dorrit family decide to take up residence in a huge mansion for several months?
12. How does Fanny respond to Frederick's scolding about how she treats Amy?
(a) She refuses to talk the rest of the day.
(b) She throws a hissy fit.
(c) She is just meaner when Frederick is not around.
(d) She is kinder for the rest of the day.
13. What does Cavalletto do that makes Arthur think he may know Blandois?
(a) Nothing; Arthur just takes a lucky guess.
(b) Pull out Blandois's wallet.
(c) Mention him directly in conversation.
(d) Whistle a tune Blandois used to whistle.
14. Who does Cavalletto recognize Blandois as when Arthur shows him the police bill with his picture on it?
15. What kind of job calls Daniel Doyce away to another country?
(a) A sailing job.
(b) A political job.
(c) An engineering job.
(d) An ambassador job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Frederick and Amy bump into in an art gallery?
2. Who does Edward mention during breakfast with the Dorrits that he spent an evening with in Venice?
3. Who does Arthur think he sees in a dream while in debtors' prison?
4. How does Miss Wade pay her bills?
5. What does Arthur's mother say about the same stranger he saw earlier with Miss Wade?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)