|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Dorrit acting funny until he dies?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 10 hours.
2. What secret has Mrs. Clennam been hiding from Arthur for many years?
(a) That she is not his birth mother.
(b) That she is illiterate.
(c) That she is outrageously wealthy but doesn't want to give him a dime.
(d) That she is really his sister.
3. How do Fanny and Mrs. Merdle react to each other when they see each other abroad?
(a) They pretend to be best friends.
(b) They spit on each other.
(c) They get into an instant fight.
(d) They decide the past is best forgotten.
4. Who tells Arthur that Minnie has a son?
(a) Little Dorrit.
(b) Minnie herself.
(d) Miss Wade.
5. How does Arthur feel when his visitors leave?
(a) Optimistic about what the future might bring.
(b) Very sad.
(c) He could care less one way or the other.
6. While Arthur is visiting, what brings about an argument between Tattycoram and Miss Wade?
(a) Tattycoram's question about the Meagles.
(b) Arthur complimenting one of them on their clothes.
(c) A story in that morning's newspaper.
(d) A news report everyone hears on the radio.
7. How does Little Dorrit feel about her travels in comparison with the rest of her family?
(a) She enjoys it even more.
(b) She enjoys it about the same.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) She does not enjoy it as much.
8. Where does Mr. Dorrit return to after Fanny's marriage.
(a) His home in London.
(b) The debtors' prison in London.
(c) A secret hideaway place in London.
(d) His new fancy hotel in London.
9. Who is Lion?
(a) Minnie's parrot.
(b) Minnie's ferret.
(c) Minnie's cat.
(d) Minnie's dog.
10. Who filed the original complaint about Mr. Blandois going missing?
(a) Mrs. Merdle.
(b) Mrs. Maggy.
(c) Mrs. Clennam.
(d) Mrs. Blandois.
11. Which rooms do Mr. and Mrs. Sparkler occupy after their wedding?
(a) The same ones used by Amy and Arthur.
(b) The same ones used by Mrs. Merdle.
(c) The same ones used by Henry and Minnie.
(d) The ones used by the King and Queen many years ago.
12. Who does Minnie bring to Henry's studio?
(a) Fanny and Amy.
(c) Amy and Arthur.
(d) Mrs. General.
13. Now that they are very wealthy, what does the Dorrit family decide about Arthur.
(a) That he should be killed.
(b) That he cannot be part of their lives.
(c) That he should be adopted as one of their own.
(d) That he should be paid generously for their help.
14. What makes Mrs. Clennam finally leave the house?
(a) A fire.
(b) Her desire to see Arthur.
(c) Rage at Rigaud.
(d) The threat of having her family secret revealed.
15. Who does Arthur think he sees in a dream while in debtors' prison?
(a) His mother.
(b) Little Dorrit.
(c) His father.
(d) Mr. Dorrit acting as the jail keeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rigaud go to the Clennam house to collect while Arthur is in debtors' prison?
2. Who was Miss Wade once in love with?
3. What big job does Sparkler get at the Circumlocution office?
4. Who does William tell Amy society demands must be the next one to marry?
5. Where do Fanny and Sparkler go after their wedding?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)