|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event do Minnie and Amy attend the night after visiting Henry's studio?
(a) A ball.
(b) An art gallery opening.
(c) The symphony.
(d) The opera.
2. How does Miss Wade pay her bills?
(a) She doesn't; she is horribly in debt.
(b) She lives off of a trust fund.
(c) Her father is involved in illegal activities.
(d) She has the patent for a new sewing machine.
3. How long is Dorrit acting funny until he dies?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 10 months.
4. How does Little Dorrit feel about her travels in comparison with the rest of her family?
(a) She enjoys it about the same.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) She does not enjoy it as much.
(d) She enjoys it even more.
5. Why is Mr. Dorrit interested in building connected with Sparkler?
(a) He wants to be in the paper more, and Sparkler works as a reporter.
(b) He might meet Merdle through him.
(c) He loves him because of his name.
(d) He thinks it might help his painting.
6. Who hosts a farewell dinner for Mr. Dorrit?
(c) The Merdle household.
7. Who does Minnie bring to Henry's studio?
(a) Amy and Arthur.
(c) Fanny and Amy.
(d) Mrs. General.
8. Who does Dorrit find Amy with when he arrives home in Chapter XIX?
(b) A new puppy.
(c) Her secret lover.
(d) His brother.
9. What do the Meagles request of Arthur while they are away visiting their daughter?
(a) That he not write or talk to them anymore.
(b) That he watch over their house.
(c) That he live in their house and spy on their neighbors.
(d) That he accompany them.
10. With whom does Amy request to renew her friendship?
(d) Mrs. Gowan.
11. After Fanny enters her marriage, who is Amy stuck with spending most of her time with?
(a) Her pet parrot.
(b) Her father.
(c) Herself alone.
(d) Mrs. General.
12. What does Arthur's mother say about the same stranger he saw earlier with Miss Wade?
(a) That it is the son she never told Arthur about.
(b) That it is just her new doctor visiting.
(c) That it is just business.
(d) That it is her new boyfriend.
13. Where does Dorrit go after his farewell party?
14. Where does the Dorrit family decide to take up residence in a huge mansion for several months?
15. Which character does Minnie dislike in Venice?
(c) All of these answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. General?
2. Who is Lion?
3. Where does Mr. Dorrit return to after Fanny's marriage.
4. What does Mrs. Clennam do with the money she receives upon her husband's death?
5. How does Dorrit treat John Chivery when he sees him waiting after his farewell dinner?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)