|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body is never found from the explosion at Mrs. Clennam's house?
(a) No one's -- everyone seems to have escaped alive.
(b) Mrs. Clennam's.
2. What kind of marriage did Mrs. Clennam have with her husband before he died?
(d) None; their marriage was actually a sham.
3. Where is the Dorrit family vacationing when Book 2 opens?
(b) The Alps of Italy.
4. How do Fanny and Mrs. Merdle react to each other when they see each other abroad?
(a) They spit on each other.
(b) They get into an instant fight.
(c) They decide the past is best forgotten.
(d) They pretend to be best friends.
5. Why does Amy tell Franny she should not get married?
(a) Because marriage is hard on a woman.
(b) Because she is too young.
(c) Because she is only being courted for her money.
(d) Because she is not in love.
6. Where does Dorrit go after his farewell party?
7. Who is Mrs. General?
(a) The new governess for the Dorrit family.
(b) A spy Arthur sent along to watch over the Dorrits.
(c) The new baby in the Dorrit family.
(d) Amy's new best friend.
8. What does Arthur's mother say about the same stranger he saw earlier with Miss Wade?
(a) That it is just her new doctor visiting.
(b) That it is the son she never told Arthur about.
(c) That it is just business.
(d) That it is her new boyfriend.
9. What kind of wedding do Fanny and Sparkler have?
(a) A spectacular one.
(b) A modest one.
(c) One inside of an ice-skating rink.
(d) A secret one.
10. What do Miss Wade and Tattycoram tell Arthur about Blandois's whereabouts?
(a) That they know nothing.
(b) That he sometimes stays there.
(c) That he is often seen in the town square, selling stolen goods.
(d) That they think they saw him in London a week or two ago.
11. Where does Arthur go to try to obtain a license for Daniel's invention?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) The mayor.
(c) His senator, since nothing else is working.
(d) The Circumlocution Office.
12. Who does Arthur think of while he sits in debtors' prison?
(a) His mother.
(c) Little Dorrit.
(d) No one; he feels completely alone.
13. Which character does Minnie dislike in Venice?
(c) All of these answers are correct.
14. With whom does Dorrit like to go exploring?
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
15. Which rooms do Mr. and Mrs. Sparkler occupy after their wedding?
(a) The same ones used by Henry and Minnie.
(b) The same ones used by Mrs. Merdle.
(c) The same ones used by Amy and Arthur.
(d) The ones used by the King and Queen many years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whose penknife does Merdle kill himself?
2. Who does Arthur think he sees in a dream while in debtors' prison?
3. Whose approval of Fanny and Sparkler's marriage does Mr. Dorrit seek?
4. Who does Dorrit ask to advise him regarding his money?
5. After Fanny enters her marriage, who is Amy stuck with spending most of her time with?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)