|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. General?
(a) The new baby in the Dorrit family.
(b) Amy's new best friend.
(c) The new governess for the Dorrit family.
(d) A spy Arthur sent along to watch over the Dorrits.
2. What kind of marriage did Mrs. Clennam have with her husband before he died?
(b) None; their marriage was actually a sham.
3. How do Fanny and Mrs. Merdle react to each other when they see each other abroad?
(a) They decide the past is best forgotten.
(b) They pretend to be best friends.
(c) They spit on each other.
(d) They get into an instant fight.
4. Who dies in the explosion of Mrs. Clennam's house?
(a) No one, luckily.
(b) Mrs. Clennam.
5. In Chapter XIX, why is Dorrit not greeted by Amy when he arrives home?
(a) She has fallen and broken her ankle quite badly.
(b) He is surprising her on purpose.
(c) He wasn't expected until the next day.
(d) She is mad at him.
6. Why does Amy tell Franny she should not get married?
(a) Because marriage is hard on a woman.
(b) Because she is too young.
(c) Because she is not in love.
(d) Because she is only being courted for her money.
7. What does Arthur's mother say about the same stranger he saw earlier with Miss Wade?
(a) That it is her new boyfriend.
(b) That it is just her new doctor visiting.
(c) That it is just business.
(d) That it is the son she never told Arthur about.
8. What does Lion do in Henry's studio?
(a) Eats all the paints.
(b) Leaves his feathers all over the place.
(c) Uses it as a litter box.
(d) Lunges at Blandois.
9. What is Merdle rumored to become shortly before his death?
(b) A baron.
10. With whom does Dorrit like to go exploring?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
11. Who does Arthur think he sees in a dream while in debtors' prison?
(a) Little Dorrit.
(b) Mr. Dorrit acting as the jail keeper.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
12. Where does Arthur go to try to obtain a license for Daniel's invention?
(a) The mayor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) His senator, since nothing else is working.
(d) The Circumlocution Office.
13. How long is Dorrit acting funny until he dies?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 10 months.
14. After Fanny enters her marriage, who is Amy stuck with spending most of her time with?
(a) Herself alone.
(b) Her pet parrot.
(c) Mrs. General.
(d) Her father.
15. What does Rigaud go to the Clennam house to collect while Arthur is in debtors' prison?
(a) He baseball card collection.
(b) The rent.
(c) Arthur's things; he wants to bring them to him in jail.
(d) His blackmail money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Dorrit family decide to take up residence in a huge mansion for several months?
2. Who does Cavalletto recognize Blandois as when Arthur shows him the police bill with his picture on it?
3. Where is the Dorrit family vacationing when Book 2 opens?
4. Where are Miss Wade, Tattycoram, and Flora all living when Arthur goes to see Tattycoram?
5. What "secret" does Chivery tell Arthur while he is in debtors' prison?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)