|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in the explosion of Mrs. Clennam's house?
(b) No one, luckily.
(d) Mrs. Clennam.
2. Where does Cavalletto claim to have seen Blandois recently?
(a) In Arthur's mother's apartment.
(b) At the courthouse.
(c) In London.
(d) In Miss Wade's apartment.
3. What item does John Chivery bring to Dorrit after his farewell dinner?
(b) A new phone.
(d) An old book.
4. How does Dorrit treat John Chivery when he sees him waiting after his farewell dinner?
(a) He is quiet until they can celebrate inside his house.
(b) He pretends not to recognize him at all and completely ignores him.
(c) He is quite rude.
(d) He hugs him with joy.
5. What relationship of Amy's particularly suffers once her family becomes wealthy?
(a) Her relationship with her father.
(b) Her relationship with her mother.
(c) Her relationship with her mother.
(d) Her relationship with her brother.
6. Who does Arthur think he sees in a dream while in debtors' prison?
(a) His father.
(b) Mr. Dorrit acting as the jail keeper.
(c) Little Dorrit.
(d) His mother.
7. What event do Minnie and Amy attend the night after visiting Henry's studio?
(a) An art gallery opening.
(b) The opera.
(c) A ball.
(d) The symphony.
8. While Arthur is visiting, what brings about an argument between Tattycoram and Miss Wade?
(a) Tattycoram's question about the Meagles.
(b) A story in that morning's newspaper.
(c) Arthur complimenting one of them on their clothes.
(d) A news report everyone hears on the radio.
9. What event of Mrs. Merdle's does Amy inform her father they have been invited to once he returns home?
(a) Mrs. Merdle's renewal of her vows with her husband.
(b) Mrs. Merdle's graduation ceremony.
(c) Mrs. Merdle's wedding.
(d) Mrs. Merdle's farewell dinner.
10. How does Arthur feel when his visitors leave?
(a) He could care less one way or the other.
(b) Very sad.
(d) Optimistic about what the future might bring.
11. Where does Dorrit go after his farewell party?
12. Where does Arthur go to try to obtain a license for Daniel's invention?
(a) The Circumlocution Office.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) The mayor.
(d) His senator, since nothing else is working.
13. What does Cavalletto do that makes Arthur think he may know Blandois?
(a) Whistle a tune Blandois used to whistle.
(b) Mention him directly in conversation.
(c) Nothing; Arthur just takes a lucky guess.
(d) Pull out Blandois's wallet.
14. Where does the Dorrit family decide to take up residence in a huge mansion for several months?
15. Who do the Meagles' servants think they see at the gate one evening?
(b) Miss Wade.
(c) A very big, scary dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Edward mention during breakfast with the Dorrits that he spent an evening with in Venice?
2. What secret has Mrs. Clennam been hiding from Arthur for many years?
3. What do the Meagles request of Arthur while they are away visiting their daughter?
4. How does Miss Wade pay her bills?
5. In Chapter XIX, why is Dorrit not greeted by Amy when he arrives home?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)