|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Meagles going to go see their daughter?
(a) In England.
(b) In Italy.
(c) In Paris.
(d) In France.
2. Who hosts a farewell dinner for Mr. Dorrit?
(c) The Merdle household.
3. What does Henry make Lion do when he misbehaves?
(a) Go back to the pound.
(b) Go back to the house.
(c) Leave the room.
(d) Go out onto the street to be adopted by someone else.
4. What kind of wedding do Fanny and Sparkler have?
(a) A spectacular one.
(b) A secret one.
(c) One inside of an ice-skating rink.
(d) A modest one.
5. What does Panck request of Casby once while Arthur is visiting?
(a) To sign some papers.
(b) To marry the Casby daughter.
(c) To pay a bribe.
(d) To banish Arthur forever.
6. When do Fanny and Sparkler get engaged?
(a) After his promotion.
(b) After her father says he will disown her if they get married.
(c) After Little Dorrit confesses she has a crush on him, too.
(d) After Fanny is in a bad accident.
7. Who tells Arthur that Minnie has a son?
(a) Little Dorrit.
(c) Miss Wade.
(d) Minnie herself.
8. What does Rigaud go to the Clennam house to collect while Arthur is in debtors' prison?
(a) The rent.
(b) He baseball card collection.
(c) Arthur's things; he wants to bring them to him in jail.
(d) His blackmail money.
9. How does Miss Wade pay her bills?
(a) She doesn't; she is horribly in debt.
(b) She lives off of a trust fund.
(c) Her father is involved in illegal activities.
(d) She has the patent for a new sewing machine.
10. With whom does Dorrit like to go exploring?
(a) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
11. How do Fanny and Mrs. Merdle react to each other when they see each other abroad?
(a) They spit on each other.
(b) They get into an instant fight.
(c) They pretend to be best friends.
(d) They decide the past is best forgotten.
12. Who does Minnie bring to Henry's studio?
(a) Mrs. General.
(b) Fanny and Amy.
(c) Amy and Arthur.
13. What kind of job calls Daniel Doyce away to another country?
(a) A political job.
(b) An ambassador job.
(c) A sailing job.
(d) An engineering job.
14. Why does Pancks have more difficulty than normal in collecting rents?
(a) Because people know that Merdle does not really need the money.
(b) Because no one respects him anymore.
(c) Because people have learned they can take advantage of him.
(d) Because the country is going through a recession and no one has any funds.
15. Who does Arthur think of while he sits in debtors' prison?
(a) Little Dorrit.
(c) No one; he feels completely alone.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whose penknife does Merdle kill himself?
2. How does Arthur start to feel while in debtors' prison?
3. What "secret" does Chivery tell Arthur while he is in debtors' prison?
4. What relationship of Amy's particularly suffers once her family becomes wealthy?
5. Who does Dorrit find Amy with when he arrives home in Chapter XIX?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)