|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that they are very wealthy, what does the Dorrit family decide about Arthur.
(a) That he cannot be part of their lives.
(b) That he should be adopted as one of their own.
(c) That he should be paid generously for their help.
(d) That he should be killed.
2. Who does Fanny hint to Amy is courting her?
3. Who does Arthur think he sees in a dream while in debtors' prison?
(a) His father.
(b) Little Dorrit.
(c) Mr. Dorrit acting as the jail keeper.
(d) His mother.
4. Where is the Dorrit family vacationing when Book 2 opens?
(c) The Alps of Italy.
5. What event do Minnie and Amy attend the night after visiting Henry's studio?
(a) A ball.
(b) An art gallery opening.
(c) The symphony.
(d) The opera.
6. What does Henry make Lion do when he misbehaves?
(a) Go back to the house.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Go out onto the street to be adopted by someone else.
(d) Go back to the pound.
7. With whom does Dorrit like to go exploring?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
8. What does Panck request of Casby once while Arthur is visiting?
(a) To banish Arthur forever.
(b) To sign some papers.
(c) To marry the Casby daughter.
(d) To pay a bribe.
9. How does Fanny respond to Frederick's scolding about how she treats Amy?
(a) She throws a hissy fit.
(b) She refuses to talk the rest of the day.
(c) She is just meaner when Frederick is not around.
(d) She is kinder for the rest of the day.
10. Where does Dorrit go after his farewell party?
11. What item does Miss Wade give Arthur that she claims will explain why she hates Blandois and Minnie?
(a) Some papers.
(b) A journal.
(c) A video recording.
(d) Bank notes.
12. Who filed the original complaint about Mr. Blandois going missing?
(a) Mrs. Blandois.
(b) Mrs. Merdle.
(c) Mrs. Maggy.
(d) Mrs. Clennam.
13. What secret has Mrs. Clennam been hiding from Arthur for many years?
(a) That she is illiterate.
(b) That she is really his sister.
(c) That she is outrageously wealthy but doesn't want to give him a dime.
(d) That she is not his birth mother.
14. Where do Fanny and Sparkler go after their wedding?
15. Where does Mr. Dorrit return to after Fanny's marriage.
(a) The debtors' prison in London.
(b) A secret hideaway place in London.
(c) His home in London.
(d) His new fancy hotel in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Little Dorrit feel about her travels in comparison with the rest of her family?
2. What makes Mrs. Clennam finally leave the house?
3. Who does Edward mention during breakfast with the Dorrits that he spent an evening with in Venice?
4. What event of Mrs. Merdle's does Amy inform her father they have been invited to once he returns home?
5. How is Dorrit behaving when he returns to see Amy after being in London?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)