|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arthur's mom respond to Arthur's information about who Blandois really is?
(a) She laughs because she already knew.
(b) She gets furious and throws him out of the house.
(c) She does not believe him.
(d) She faints with shock.
2. What makes Mrs. Clennam finally leave the house?
(a) A fire.
(b) The threat of having her family secret revealed.
(c) Her desire to see Arthur.
(d) Rage at Rigaud.
3. Where does Arthur go to try to obtain a license for Daniel's invention?
(a) His senator, since nothing else is working.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) The Circumlocution Office.
(d) The mayor.
4. While Arthur is visiting, what brings about an argument between Tattycoram and Miss Wade?
(a) A story in that morning's newspaper.
(b) A news report everyone hears on the radio.
(c) Tattycoram's question about the Meagles.
(d) Arthur complimenting one of them on their clothes.
5. How do people react to Dorrit's behavior at the Merdles' dinner?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They just ignore it.
(c) They find it quite funny, actually.
(d) They get so angry that they throw him out on the street.
6. What other characters are with the Dorrits when Book 2 opens?
(b) Henry Gowan.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Minnie Meagle.
7. Where does Mr. Dorrit return to after Fanny's marriage.
(a) A secret hideaway place in London.
(b) The debtors' prison in London.
(c) His new fancy hotel in London.
(d) His home in London.
8. With whom does Dorrit like to go exploring?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
9. Which character does Minnie dislike in Venice?
(d) All of these answers are correct.
10. Where do Fanny and Sparkler go after their wedding?
11. Who dies in the explosion of Mrs. Clennam's house?
(a) No one, luckily.
(d) Mrs. Clennam.
12. Who comes to visit Mr. Dorrit soon after he returns to London?
(b) Mr. Merdle.
(d) Mrs. Merdle.
13. Who does Arthur think of while he sits in debtors' prison?
(b) His mother.
(c) No one; he feels completely alone.
(d) Little Dorrit.
14. What do the residents of the Bleeding Heart Yard think of Merdle?
(a) That he is a great man.
(b) That he is too good to be true and is probably just a myth.
(c) That he better not visit them in person or people will attack him.
(d) That he is a horrible landowner.
15. What does Dorrit ask for while at dinner with the Merdles?
(b) More wine, even though he clearly doesn't need it.
(c) More food.
(d) Kisses from all the girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fanny hint to Amy is courting her?
2. With whom does Amy request to renew her friendship?
3. Why does Amy tell Franny she should not get married?
4. Who does Cavalletto recognize Blandois as when Arthur shows him the police bill with his picture on it?
5. How does Dorrit treat John Chivery when he sees him waiting after his farewell dinner?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)