|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Fanny and Sparkler get engaged?
(a) After his promotion.
(b) After her father says he will disown her if they get married.
(c) After Fanny is in a bad accident.
(d) After Little Dorrit confesses she has a crush on him, too.
2. How does Miss Wade pay her bills?
(a) She lives off of a trust fund.
(b) She has the patent for a new sewing machine.
(c) Her father is involved in illegal activities.
(d) She doesn't; she is horribly in debt.
3. What do Miss Wade and Tattycoram tell Arthur about Blandois's whereabouts?
(a) That he is often seen in the town square, selling stolen goods.
(b) That they think they saw him in London a week or two ago.
(c) That they know nothing.
(d) That he sometimes stays there.
4. Who is Mrs. General?
(a) A spy Arthur sent along to watch over the Dorrits.
(b) Amy's new best friend.
(c) The new baby in the Dorrit family.
(d) The new governess for the Dorrit family.
5. How long is Dorrit acting funny until he dies?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 10 days.
6. How does Little Dorrit feel about her travels in comparison with the rest of her family?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) She does not enjoy it as much.
(c) She enjoys it about the same.
(d) She enjoys it even more.
7. How do Fanny and Mrs. Merdle react to each other when they see each other abroad?
(a) They pretend to be best friends.
(b) They spit on each other.
(c) They decide the past is best forgotten.
(d) They get into an instant fight.
8. Who comes to visit Mr. Dorrit soon after he returns to London?
(c) Mr. Merdle.
(d) Mrs. Merdle.
9. What secret has Mrs. Clennam been hiding from Arthur for many years?
(a) That she is illiterate.
(b) That she is outrageously wealthy but doesn't want to give him a dime.
(c) That she is really his sister.
(d) That she is not his birth mother.
10. Whose body is never found from the explosion at Mrs. Clennam's house?
(c) No one's -- everyone seems to have escaped alive.
(d) Mrs. Clennam's.
11. What item does Miss Wade give Arthur that she claims will explain why she hates Blandois and Minnie?
(a) Some papers.
(b) A journal.
(c) A video recording.
(d) Bank notes.
12. Who does William tell Amy society demands must be the next one to marry?
(a) This is a trick question; he says no such thing.
13. Who does Arthur think he sees in a dream while in debtors' prison?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Mr. Dorrit acting as the jail keeper.
(d) Little Dorrit.
14. Who was Miss Wade once in love with?
(c) Henry Gowan.
15. What does Rigaud go to the Clennam house to collect while Arthur is in debtors' prison?
(a) His blackmail money.
(b) Arthur's things; he wants to bring them to him in jail.
(c) The rent.
(d) He baseball card collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hosts a farewell dinner for Mr. Dorrit?
2. How is Dorrit behaving when he returns to see Amy after being in London?
3. Who does Arthur think of while he sits in debtors' prison?
4. How do people react to Dorrit's behavior at the Merdles' dinner?
5. Who does Dorrit ask to advise him regarding his money?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)