|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Arthur think he sees in a dream while in debtors' prison?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mr. Dorrit acting as the jail keeper.
(c) Little Dorrit.
(d) His father.
2. While Arthur is visiting, what brings about an argument between Tattycoram and Miss Wade?
(a) Tattycoram's question about the Meagles.
(b) Arthur complimenting one of them on their clothes.
(c) A story in that morning's newspaper.
(d) A news report everyone hears on the radio.
3. Where does Dorrit go after his farewell party?
4. Whose approval of Fanny and Sparkler's marriage does Mr. Dorrit seek?
(a) His deceased wife's; he visits her grave to "talk" to her.
(b) Mrs. Merdle's.
5. Who does Minnie bring to Henry's studio?
(a) Fanny and Amy.
(b) Amy and Arthur.
(c) Mrs. General.
6. Where do Fanny and Sparkler go after their wedding?
7. When do Fanny and Sparkler get engaged?
(a) After Little Dorrit confesses she has a crush on him, too.
(b) After his promotion.
(c) After Fanny is in a bad accident.
(d) After her father says he will disown her if they get married.
8. How is Dorrit behaving when he returns to see Amy after being in London?
(a) Outrageously happy.
(b) Very strangely.
(c) Incredibly cruel and rude to everyone, even the dog.
(d) Like his old self, calm and peaceful.
9. Who does Arthur think of while he sits in debtors' prison?
(a) Little Dorrit.
(b) His mother.
(c) No one; he feels completely alone.
10. What does Panck request of Casby once while Arthur is visiting?
(a) To pay a bribe.
(b) To sign some papers.
(c) To banish Arthur forever.
(d) To marry the Casby daughter.
11. What do the Meagles request of Arthur while they are away visiting their daughter?
(a) That he watch over their house.
(b) That he accompany them.
(c) That he not write or talk to them anymore.
(d) That he live in their house and spy on their neighbors.
12. Who does Dorrit find Amy with when he arrives home in Chapter XIX?
(b) His brother.
(c) A new puppy.
(d) Her secret lover.
13. Who tells Arthur that Minnie has a son?
(a) Little Dorrit.
(b) Minnie herself.
(d) Miss Wade.
14. What other characters are with the Dorrits when Book 2 opens?
(a) Henry Gowan.
(c) Minnie Meagle.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
15. Who do Frederick and Amy bump into in an art gallery?
(a) The Arthurs.
(b) The Dorrits.
(c) The Barnacles.
(d) The Gowans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Merdle rumored to become shortly before his death?
2. What does Cavalletto do that makes Arthur think he may know Blandois?
3. What "secret" does Chivery tell Arthur while he is in debtors' prison?
4. What kind of marriage did Mrs. Clennam have with her husband before he died?
5. Who comes to visit Mr. Dorrit soon after he returns to London?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)