|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does William tell Amy society demands must be the next one to marry?
(a) This is a trick question; he says no such thing.
2. What does Arthur's mother say about the same stranger he saw earlier with Miss Wade?
(a) That it is just business.
(b) That it is just her new doctor visiting.
(c) That it is the son she never told Arthur about.
(d) That it is her new boyfriend.
3. What does Henry make Lion do when he misbehaves?
(a) Go back to the pound.
(b) Go back to the house.
(c) Leave the room.
(d) Go out onto the street to be adopted by someone else.
4. What does Rigaud go to the Clennam house to collect while Arthur is in debtors' prison?
(a) He baseball card collection.
(b) His blackmail money.
(c) Arthur's things; he wants to bring them to him in jail.
(d) The rent.
5. Where is the Dorrit family vacationing when Book 2 opens?
(b) The Alps of Italy.
6. Where are the Meagles going to go see their daughter?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In France.
(c) In England.
(d) In Italy.
7. What does Panck request of Casby once while Arthur is visiting?
(a) To pay a bribe.
(b) To banish Arthur forever.
(c) To sign some papers.
(d) To marry the Casby daughter.
8. Where does Arthur go to try to obtain a license for Daniel's invention?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) His senator, since nothing else is working.
(c) The Circumlocution Office.
(d) The mayor.
9. While Arthur is visiting, what brings about an argument between Tattycoram and Miss Wade?
(a) A story in that morning's newspaper.
(b) A news report everyone hears on the radio.
(c) Tattycoram's question about the Meagles.
(d) Arthur complimenting one of them on their clothes.
10. What kind of job calls Daniel Doyce away to another country?
(a) A sailing job.
(b) A political job.
(c) An ambassador job.
(d) An engineering job.
11. With whom does Dorrit like to go exploring?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
12. Where are Miss Wade, Tattycoram, and Flora all living when Arthur goes to see Tattycoram?
(a) At the debtors' prison.
(b) In a very fancy house in Bleeding Heart Yard.
(c) At Casby's house.
(d) At an all-girls school.
13. What is Merdle rumored to become shortly before his death?
(d) A baron.
14. Who hosts a farewell dinner for Mr. Dorrit?
(b) The Merdle household.
15. Who is Mrs. General?
(a) Amy's new best friend.
(b) The new baby in the Dorrit family.
(c) A spy Arthur sent along to watch over the Dorrits.
(d) The new governess for the Dorrit family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Frederick and Amy bump into in an art gallery?
2. Who does Dorrit find Amy with when he arrives home in Chapter XIX?
3. Who does Edward mention during breakfast with the Dorrits that he spent an evening with in Venice?
4. Why is Mr. Dorrit interested in building connected with Sparkler?
5. How do Fanny and Mrs. Merdle react to each other when they see each other abroad?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)