|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of messages do the letters bring that Maggy gives Arthur on the Iron Bridge?
(a) Secret messages.
(b) Sad news about a death in the family.
(d) Requests for money.
2. What will happen to Henry's debts as a result of his marriage to Minnie?
(a) They will be condemned to poverty until he can pay the loans back.
(b) They will disappear because of laws during the time.
(c) They will be paid.
(d) He must repay them before the marriage can take place.
3. What proof does Panck present to Arthur about the Dorrit inheritance?
(a) Many documents.
(b) Pictures confirming the information.
(c) A secret recording.
(d) A video tape.
4. What has Monsieur Rigaud been charged with in prison?
(a) Kidnapping a princess.
(b) Murdering his wife.
(c) Stealing a famous painting.
(d) Stealing some bread.
5. What request of Arthur does Pet make?
(a) That he marry her instead.
(b) That he lend her money so she can elope.
(c) That he lend her money so she can put a down payment on a house.
(d) That he look after her father when she leaves.
6. What is Blandois's real name?
7. Who is Tip?
(a) Amy's father.
(b) Amy's brother.
(c) Amy's boyfriend.
(d) Amy's uncle.
8. What is the Bleeding Heart Yard?
(a) A very exclusive hotel.
(b) A rental area for lower-income folks.
(c) The name of the inner courtyard at Arthur's house.
(d) Just the name of the town square.
9. Where does Flora live?
(a) A very fancy hotel.
(b) With the Clennams.
(c) The Casby home.
(d) A nunnery.
10. Who asks for assistance with John and Amy's relationship?
(c) Amy's father.
(d) The Chivery family.
11. How do Henry and Minnie depart from their wedding?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By limo.
(c) By train.
(d) By carriage.
12. What does Amy say when Arthur asks if he can all her "Little Dorrit"?
(a) Yes, but only in front of other people.
(d) Yes, but not in front of other people.
13. Who asks Arthur about hiring Little Dorrit?
(a) Mrs. Merdle.
(d) Mr. Merdle.
14. What does William admonish Frederick for during one of their walks around the prison yards?
(a) Always feeling a need to be competitive with everyone else.
(b) Not making enough money.
(c) Not taking better care of himself.
(d) Not being handsome enough.
15. Who is Henry Gowan?
(a) A frequent visitor to the Meagles.
(b) The town tax collector.
(c) Arthur's brother.
(d) Daniel's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Little Dorrit live?
2. What person does Amy agree to allow Arthur to set free (through paying off his debts)?
3. What does Cavalletto do as soon as Rigaud falls asleep when they first meet?
4. What is the relationship between William and Frederick?
5. Who does Arthur consider courting during his time at the Meagles?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)