|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Arthur want to call Amy "Little Dorrit"?
(a) Because he thinks it would be a cute nickname.
(b) Because he read it in a book once.
(c) Because he had a dream about someone named "Little Dorrit."
(d) Because that is what people close to her call her.
2. Who is Henry Gowan?
(a) A frequent visitor to the Meagles.
(b) Daniel's brother.
(c) Arthur's brother.
(d) The town tax collector.
3. What person does Amy agree to allow Arthur to set free (through paying off his debts)?
(b) Her father.
4. Why does Arthur offer to help Cavalletto?
(a) Because he is from Marseilles too.
(b) Because he has such a kind face.
(c) Because he looks strangely familiar.
(d) Because he is trying to impress a girl.
5. What has Monsieur Rigaud been charged with in prison?
(a) Kidnapping a princess.
(b) Stealing some bread.
(c) Stealing a famous painting.
(d) Murdering his wife.
6. Where does Arthur first arrange to meet Amy?
(a) At Frederick's home.
(b) At the bank.
(c) At the iron bridge.
(d) At his mother's home.
7. Who does Arthur run into during his walk to the Meagles?
(a) Daniel Craig.
(b) Daniel Doyce.
(c) Daniel Deronda.
(d) Daniel McCarthy.
8. Who is Tip?
(a) Amy's brother.
(b) Amy's boyfriend.
(c) Amy's father.
(d) Amy's uncle.
9. What is the name of Mr. and Mrs. Meagles's daughter?
10. Who is Frederick?
(a) Amy's brother.
(b) Amy's uncle.
(c) Amy's boyfriend.
(d) Amy's father.
11. For how long has Mr. Clennam been in China before he returns home?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 20 weeks.
(d) 20 months.
12. What does William admonish Frederick for during one of their walks around the prison yards?
(a) Not taking better care of himself.
(b) Not making enough money.
(c) Always feeling a need to be competitive with everyone else.
(d) Not being handsome enough.
13. Which family has long been involved in the administration of the Circumlocution Office?
(a) The Frederick family.
(b) The Dorrit family.
(c) The Barnacle family.
(d) The Clennam family.
14. Where do the Barnacles stay when they come for Henry and Minnie's wedding?
(a) The debtors' prison.
(b) This is a trick question; the novel doesn't say.
(c) Arhtur's home.
(d) The Meagles residence.
15. Where does Rigaud meet Cavalletto?
(a) At a bank.
(b) In a bakery.
(c) At an inn.
(d) In the sewers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arthur see happening in town after he leaves Pancks for the first time?
2. What does Amy say when Arthur asks if he can all her "Little Dorrit"?
3. What is Pet's real name?
4. Who is Sparkler?
5. Where does Mr. Pancks live?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)