Short Answer Key
Book the First: Poverty, Chapters I-VII
1. Where does "Little Dorrit" open?
2. What has Monsieur Rigaud been charged with in prison?
Murdering his wife.
3. What is the name of Mr. and Mrs. Meagles's daughter?
4. Who is Tattycoram?
Mr. and Mrs. Meagles's maid.
5. For how long has Mr. Clennam been in China before he returns home?
6. Who is married to Mrs. Clennam?
7. How does Mrs. Clennam feel about her husband?
She is afraid of him.
8. What has happened to Arthur's old girlfriend while he has been in China?
She has been widowed.
9. Where does Arthur first see Little Dorrit?
In his mother's room.
10. Where does Little Dorrit live?
In a debtors' prison.
11. What kinds of lessons does Amy arrange for her sister?
12. Who is Tip?
This section contains 2,422 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)