|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book the Second, Chapters XXXII - XXXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose approval of Fanny and Sparkler's marriage does Mr. Dorrit seek?
(a) Mrs. Merdle's.
(b) His deceased wife's; he visits her grave to "talk" to her.
2. What kinds of lessons does Amy arrange for her sister?
(a) Painting lessons.
(b) Riding lessons.
(c) Dancing lessons.
(d) Singing lessons.
3. What does Henry make Lion do when he misbehaves?
(a) Go out onto the street to be adopted by someone else.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Go back to the house.
(d) Go back to the pound.
4. What does Mrs. Clennam do with the money she receives upon her husband's death?
(a) Give some to charity.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Give some to her husband's secret lover.
(d) Keep it all.
5. In Chapter XIX, why is Dorrit not greeted by Amy when he arrives home?
(a) He is surprising her on purpose.
(b) He wasn't expected until the next day.
(c) She is mad at him.
(d) She has fallen and broken her ankle quite badly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other characters are with the Dorrits when Book 2 opens?
2. After Fanny enters her marriage, who is Amy stuck with spending most of her time with?
3. What happens when Pancks finally confronts Casby?
4. What kind of job calls Daniel Doyce away to another country?
5. How old is Maggy when the reader first meets her?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)