|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reynolds refuse to sleep with the narrator/model in "A Model?"
(a) He has a sexually transmitted disease.
(b) He is a homosexual.
(c) He has taken a vow of chastity for his art.
(d) He does not wish to get her pregnant and risk an abortion.
2. What does Mandra do to Miriam on the drive at the end of "Mandra?"
(a) Injects her with heroin.
(b) Reveals Miriam's indiscretions to her husband.
(c) Secretly stimulates her to orgasm.
(d) Promises to run away with her to Europe.
3. Describe the relationship between the aristocratic woman and her lawyer in "The Chanchiquito."
(a) Mutual hatred.
(b) Dignified flirtation.
(d) Strained familial relations.
4. In what is Laura and Jan lying in the second half of "the Chanchiquito?"
(a) Laura's bed.
(b) Jan's bed.
(c) Jan's terrace.
(d) Laura's terrace.
5. What does Rango do to Hilda when he takes her back to his cart?
(a) Plays a song for her.
(b) Reads to her.
(c) Massages her legs and feet.
(d) Kisses her all over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary not want Mandra to meet her husband?
2. Why does Rango grow angry with Hilda?
3. Laura's uncle advises his friend to take two of what article of clothing to Brazil in "The Chanchiquito?"
4. In "the Chanchiquito," why is a witch doctor called in to help the aristocratic lady?
5. How does the story "Hilda and Rango" end?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)