|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of the event for which the painter decorates Bijou?
2. To what mythological character does the painter compare Bijoul?
(a) The Furies.
3. In what ways is the narrator's first modeling job indicative of the artists she will encounter in "A Model"?
(a) The artist behaves lewdly.
(b) The artist is quite drunk.
(c) The artist is a perfect gentleman.
(d) The artist is very brusque and barely pays attention to her.
4. Why does Mary not want Mandra to meet her husband?
(a) Mandra is racist.
(b) Mary is afraid Mandra will seduce him.
(c) Mary does not like her husband.
(d) Mary wants Mandra to remain a secret in her life.
5. What is the name of the narrator/model's boyfriend in "A Model?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does "Mandra" take place?
2. According to the painter, what infuses Bijou's body?
3. How does the story "Hilda and Rango" end?
4. What does Hilda discover she must do with the American writer whenever she wants to have sex?
5. How does the painter decorate himself for the Art Ball at the end of "The Queen?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rango.
2. How does Hilda change throughout the course of this story?
3. For what reasons is the narrator and the mysterious man at the end of "A Model" drawn together, eventually becoming lovers?
4. How does Fay discover Albert is being unfaithful?
5. What happens when Fay demands Albert make love to her?
6. In "A Model," why does the narrator become a model?
7. What reasons does Fay's husband give for not making love to her on their wedding night in the story "Saffron"?
8. How does the painter view Bijou?
9. How does the narrator compare her attractiveness to Miriam's appeal?
10. Why does the painter in "The Queen" claim to like women such as Bijou?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)