|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mandra do to Miriam on the drive at the end of "Mandra?"
(a) Promises to run away with her to Europe.
(b) Reveals Miriam's indiscretions to her husband.
(c) Secretly stimulates her to orgasm.
(d) Injects her with heroin.
2. What sort of relationship blooms between the attractive man at the end of the story who adores Europe and the narrator/model?
(a) They become lovers.
(b) They become platonic friends.
(c) They become roommates.
(d) They become colleagues.
3. For what reason does Mandra initially decide against seducing Mary?
(a) Mary is covered in lotion.
(b) Mary is ill.
(c) Mary has just made love to someone else.
(d) Mary is drunk.
4. In what ways is the narrator's first modeling job indicative of the artists she will encounter in "A Model"?
(a) The artist is a perfect gentleman.
(b) The artist behaves lewdly.
(c) The artist is very brusque and barely pays attention to her.
(d) The artist is quite drunk.
5. In "A Model," while posing for the South American painter, the narrator is posed on a dummy of what animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bijou not allow the painter to touch her before the event?
2. What appears to be Albert's favorite part of Faye's body?
3. For whom are Albert and Faye throwing a party?
4. Why does Reynolds refuse to sleep with the narrator/model in "A Model?"
5. What would happen when Bijou would walk alone in the streets?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rango treat Hilda after their first, failed sexual encounter?
2. What leads up to Albert finally making love to his wife?
3. How is Hilda forced to deal with her relationship to the American writer?
4. In "A Model," why does the narrator become a model?
5. In what ways is Mary described as being intensely sexual, yet frigid?
6. What reasons does Fay's husband give for not making love to her on their wedding night in the story "Saffron"?
7. Describe the scene where the painter decorates Bijou.
8. Describe Rango.
9. Describe the contrasts (physical and personality-wise) between Jan and Laura.
10. Describe the relationship the narrator from "A Model" forms with Reynolds while they are in the countryside.
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)