|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the painter decorate himself for the Art Ball at the end of "The Queen?"
(a) He paints himself in tribal patterns.
(b) He does not decorate himself at all.
(c) He paints himself brown.
(d) He shaves his head.
2. When the narrator/model has to pose with a man and a woman for another illustrator, why is the narrator so uneasy?
(a) The other woman is quite catty towards her.
(b) The man had previously been lewd with her.
(c) She did not like having to kiss the man.
(d) The artist has been known to molest his artists.
3. Why does Mary not want Mandra to meet her husband?
(a) Mary does not like her husband.
(b) Mary is afraid Mandra will seduce him.
(c) Mandra is racist.
(d) Mary wants Mandra to remain a secret in her life.
4. What is Rango's occupation?
5. What would happen when Bijou would walk alone in the streets?
(a) Women would throw things at her.
(b) Animals would run away from her.
(c) Men would follow her.
(d) Police would try to arrest her for prostitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faye discover when she goes walking one night?
2. What does Bijou promise the painter before the Art Ball?
3. How does Mandra describe her beauty in relation to Miriam's natural beauty?
4. What does a chanchiquito do?
5. How does Laura feel when Jan appears to be slightly aroused by his first drawing on the ceiling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rango treat Hilda after their first, failed sexual encounter?
2. How does Jan seduce Laura at the end of this story?
3. How does Fay discover Albert is being unfaithful?
4. In "A Model," why does the narrator become a model?
5. Describe the contrasts (physical and personality-wise) between Jan and Laura.
6. In what ways is Mary described as being intensely sexual, yet frigid?
7. What reasons does Fay's husband give for not making love to her on their wedding night in the story "Saffron"?
8. Describe Mary's life, from the story "Mandra"
9. Describe Rango.
10. How does the painter know Bijou is faithless at the Art Ball?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)