|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miriam try on for Mandra?
(a) A kimono.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) A dress.
2. In "the Chanchiquito," why is a witch doctor called in to help the aristocratic lady?
(a) A chanchiquito ran up her skirt.
(b) The lady is struck dumb at the sight of a chanchiquito.
(c) The lady has a heart attack.
(d) The lady is startled by the chanchiquito and falls, hitting her head.
3. What is the occupation of Lena's friend who tells stories of his job and of his roommate's lustiness in "A Model?"
4. Fill in the blank for this quote from "Mandra:" "[Miriam and Paul's] obsession [is] with the word that is the key to society--everything must be "________."
5. What does a chanchiquito do?
(a) Steals a person's food.
(b) Sticks its snout up a woman's skirt.
(c) Steals a person's hat.
(d) Attacks any dogs nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Rango play?
2. Who comforts Faye when she hears Albert having sex with the servant girls?
3. What does Bijou promise the painter before the Art Ball?
4. With what group of people does Rango generally live and travel?
5. In Laura's mind during "the Chanchiquito," what forms images on the ceiling?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)