|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom are Albert and Faye throwing a party?
(a) The servants.
(b) Their African friends.
(c) Their Spanish friends.
(d) Their relatives.
2. Why does Reynolds refuse to sleep with the narrator/model in "A Model?"
(a) He does not wish to get her pregnant and risk an abortion.
(b) He has taken a vow of chastity for his art.
(c) He has a sexually transmitted disease.
(d) He is a homosexual.
3. What were characteristics of the American writer's work that attracted women (such as Hilda in "Hilda and Rango") to him?
(a) Sweet and caring.
(b) Thoughtful and philosphical.
(c) Violent and sensual.
(d) Fiery and intellectual.
4. How does the painter know Bijou has been faithless?
(a) Her hair is messed up.
(b) The painter hears a man talking about having sex with Bijou.
(c) Her paint is smeared.
(d) He hears her having sex with someone else.
5. According to the painter, what infuses Bijou's body?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rango help Hilda overcome her learned responses to sex?
2. What is Rango's occupation?
3. How does Laura feel when Jan appears to be slightly aroused by his first drawing on the ceiling?
4. Fill in the blank for this quote from "Mandra:" "[Miriam and Paul's] obsession [is] with the word that is the key to society--everything must be "________."
5. What body part is the painter from "The Queen" discussing in the following statement? "Her _____. It is impossible to describe her _____ except by saying that they were the _____ of an orgasm."
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)