|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laura's uncle advises his friend to take two of what article of clothing to Brazil in "The Chanchiquito?"
2. Upon her return to New York, where does the narrator/model find some modeling work?
(a) Lingerie boutiques.
(c) Dress shops.
(d) Art schools.
3. What position is Laura holding after Jan is done drawing on the ceiling?
(a) The position of the Pieta.
(b) The pose of the drawn woman above them.
(c) The pose of the Mona Lisa.
(d) The position of the Maja Desnuda.
4. What does Faye catch Albert doing one day as she comes up the stairs?
(a) Masturbating to a painting of her.
(b) Putting his hand up a servant's skirt.
(c) Drinking secretly from a flask.
(d) Violently punching a wall.
5. What happens when Albert tries to have sex with Faye?
(a) His lovemaking is unsatisfying to Faye.
(b) His servants interrupt them.
(c) He cannot sustain an erection.
(d) He is too violent with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen when Bijou would walk alone in the streets?
2. How does Rango help Hilda overcome her learned responses to sex?
3. What is the occupation of Lena's friend who tells stories of his job and of his roommate's lustiness in "A Model?"
4. How does the story "Hilda and Rango" end?
5. What is Rango's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jan seduce Laura at the end of this story?
2. Describe the contrasts (physical and personality-wise) between Jan and Laura.
3. Describe the scene where the painter decorates Bijou.
4. How are Paul and Miriam full of "aristocratic impudence?"
5. In "The Chanchiquito", what happens to the old lady in Laura's uncle's story?
6. In what ways is Mary described as being intensely sexual, yet frigid?
7. How does Hilda change throughout the course of this story?
8. In "A Model," why does the narrator become a model?
9. Describe Mary's life, from the story "Mandra"
10. What reasons does Fay's husband give for not making love to her on their wedding night in the story "Saffron"?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)