|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator/model offer to her boyfriend in "A Model," which he refuses?
(a) To watch her model.
(b) To help him become a model.
(d) Her virginity.
2. What does Faye finally request of Albert?
(a) She wants him to make love to her.
(b) She wants him to move out.
(c) She wants him to move away to another country with her.
(d) She wants him to grant her a divorce.
3. What is the name of the narrator/model's boyfriend in "A Model?"
4. Describe the relationship between the aristocratic woman and her lawyer in "The Chanchiquito."
(a) Mutual hatred.
(c) Dignified flirtation.
(d) Strained familial relations.
5. What would happen when Bijou would walk alone in the streets?
(a) Men would follow her.
(b) Police would try to arrest her for prostitution.
(c) Women would throw things at her.
(d) Animals would run away from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faye catch Albert doing one day as she comes up the stairs?
2. What does the narrator/model realize after she fends off the attentions of the young illustrator?
3. In "A Model," while posing for the South American painter, the narrator is posed on a dummy of what animal?
4. What were characteristics of the American writer's work that attracted women (such as Hilda in "Hilda and Rango") to him?
5. What is Rango's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship the narrator from "A Model" forms with Reynolds while they are in the countryside.
2. How does the narrator compare her attractiveness to Miriam's appeal?
3. Describe Rango.
4. What leads up to Albert finally making love to his wife?
5. How does Fay discover Albert is being unfaithful?
6. In "The Chanchiquito", what happens to the old lady in Laura's uncle's story?
7. How does Rango treat Hilda after their first, failed sexual encounter?
8. Describe the scene where the painter decorates Bijou.
9. In "A Model," why does the narrator become a model?
10. What reasons does Fay's husband give for not making love to her on their wedding night in the story "Saffron"?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)