|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator/model has to pose with a man and a woman for another illustrator, why is the narrator so uneasy?
(a) The other woman is quite catty towards her.
(b) She did not like having to kiss the man.
(c) The artist has been known to molest his artists.
(d) The man had previously been lewd with her.
2. What does Bijou promise the painter before the Art Ball?
(a) She will dance with him first.
(b) He will be her first lover of the night..
(c) She will always remain faithful to her.
(d) She will go home with him at the end of the night.
3. What appears to be Albert's favorite part of Faye's body?
(a) Her breasts.
(b) Her buttocks.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her hands.
4. Who does Paul wish to take the women to see in "Mandra?"
(a) The String Man.
(b) Henry Miller.
(c) Marcel Marceau.
(d) Allen Ginsberg.
5. What does Mandra do to Miriam on the drive at the end of "Mandra?"
(a) Secretly stimulates her to orgasm.
(b) Injects her with heroin.
(c) Reveals Miriam's indiscretions to her husband.
(d) Promises to run away with her to Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Faye when she hears Albert having sex with the servant girls?
2. Describe the relationship between the aristocratic woman and her lawyer in "The Chanchiquito."
3. What does the narrator/model offer to her boyfriend in "A Model," which he refuses?
4. What sort of woman does the painter of "The Queen" claim gives him the most pleasure?
5. In what line of work did Mary find herself in at times during her younger days in "Mandra?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Paul and Miriam full of "aristocratic impudence?"
2. In "A Model," why does the narrator become a model?
3. How does Rango treat Hilda after their first, failed sexual encounter?
4. What leads up to Albert finally making love to his wife?
5. How does the narrator compare her attractiveness to Miriam's appeal?
6. What pictures does Jan draw on the ceiling and why?
7. Describe some of the narrator's first modeling jobs, including her experienced with the artists in "A Model."
8. Describe Mary's life, from the story "Mandra"
9. How does the painter view Bijou?
10. Describe the contrasts (physical and personality-wise) between Jan and Laura.
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)