|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Hilda's body amazes Rango?
(a) Her delicacy.
(b) Her strength.
(c) Her hourglass figure.
(d) Her paleness.
2. In what city was Fay born in "Saffron?"
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York City.
3. What does the narrator/model offer to her boyfriend in "A Model," which he refuses?
(a) To watch her model.
(c) Her virginity.
(d) To help him become a model.
4. In "A Model," why does the mother's friend believe the narrator could be a model?
(a) The narrator has an unusual face.
(b) The narrator has a skill for stillness.
(c) The narrator can contort her body.
(d) The narrator has an exceptionally lovely body.
5. Who comforts Faye when she hears Albert having sex with the servant girls?
(a) The gardener.
(b) The cook.
(c) The dressmaker.
(d) Another servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Albert tries to have sex with Faye?
2. According to the painter, what infuses Bijou's body?
3. Why does Rango grow angry with Hilda?
4. With what group of people does Rango generally live and travel?
5. Why does Mary not want Mandra to meet her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What pictures does Jan draw on the ceiling and why?
2. How does Jan seduce Laura at the end of this story?
3. How does the painter know Bijou is faithless at the Art Ball?
4. What happens when Fay demands Albert make love to her?
5. How does Rango treat Hilda after their first, failed sexual encounter?
6. Describe the scene where the painter decorates Bijou.
7. In what ways is Mary described as being intensely sexual, yet frigid?
8. How are Paul and Miriam full of "aristocratic impudence?"
9. Why does the painter in "The Queen" claim to like women such as Bijou?
10. How does Fay discover Albert is being unfaithful?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)