|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator/model unable to find modeling work in the country?
(a) She refuses to sleep with the artists.
(b) She is too timid in her approach.
(c) She cannot speak English well enough to convey her needs.
(d) She is not built for their sort of work.
2. Why does Reynolds refuse to sleep with the narrator/model in "A Model?"
(a) He has taken a vow of chastity for his art.
(b) He does not wish to get her pregnant and risk an abortion.
(c) He is a homosexual.
(d) He has a sexually transmitted disease.
3. How does Rango help Hilda overcome her learned responses to sex?
(a) He arouses her but forces her to wait to make love.
(b) He sleeps with her whenever he wants.
(c) He corrects her every move.
(d) He allows her to initiate sex.
4. What instrument does Rango play?
5. How does Mandra describe her beauty in relation to Miriam's natural beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Albert finally able to make love to Faye?
2. What appears to be Albert's favorite part of Faye's body?
3. How does Jan redirect Laura's attention from the ceiling at the end of "the Chanchiquito?"
4. When the narrator/model has to pose with a man and a woman for another illustrator, why is the narrator so uneasy?
5. What body part is the painter from "The Queen" discussing in the following statement? "Her _____. It is impossible to describe her _____ except by saying that they were the _____ of an orgasm."
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the painter view Bijou?
2. How does Rango treat Hilda after their first, failed sexual encounter?
3. How does Hilda change throughout the course of this story?
4. Describe the relationship the narrator from "A Model" forms with Reynolds while they are in the countryside.
5. For what reasons is the narrator and the mysterious man at the end of "A Model" drawn together, eventually becoming lovers?
6. What happens when Fay demands Albert make love to her?
7. Why does the painter in "The Queen" claim to like women such as Bijou?
8. What reasons does Fay's husband give for not making love to her on their wedding night in the story "Saffron"?
9. Describe the contrasts (physical and personality-wise) between Jan and Laura.
10. In "A Model," why does the narrator become a model?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)