|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the story "Hilda and Rango" end?
(a) Rango proposes to Hilda.
(b) Hilda returns to France.
(c) Rango leaves with the gypsies.
(d) Rango and Hilda finally make love.
2. According to Mandra, what has Mary never experienced?
(a) Exotic travels.
(d) An orgasm.
3. What does Hilda discover she must do with the American writer whenever she wants to have sex?
(a) She always has to make the first move.
(b) She must bring in another woman.
(c) She must allow him to beat her slightly.
(d) She must schedule the time out in advance.
4. Why does Reynolds refuse to sleep with the narrator/model in "A Model?"
(a) He has a sexually transmitted disease.
(b) He has taken a vow of chastity for his art.
(c) He does not wish to get her pregnant and risk an abortion.
(d) He is a homosexual.
5. Why is Albert finally able to make love to Faye?
(a) She has physically matured.
(b) She is no longer a child.
(c) She is finally aggressive enough to please him.
(d) She smells like his servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the eyes of the painter, what was Bijou, his favorite model, unable to do?
2. In "A Model," why does the mother's friend believe the narrator could be a model?
3. What appears to be Albert's favorite part of Faye's body?
4. In what city does "Mandra" take place?
5. What does Faye discover when she goes walking one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fay discover Albert is being unfaithful?
2. How does the painter know Bijou is faithless at the Art Ball?
3. Describe some of the narrator's first modeling jobs, including her experienced with the artists in "A Model."
4. Describe the contrasts (physical and personality-wise) between Jan and Laura.
5. Describe Rango.
6. How is Hilda forced to deal with her relationship to the American writer?
7. What leads up to Albert finally making love to his wife?
8. How does the narrator compare her attractiveness to Miriam's appeal?
9. What reasons does Fay's husband give for not making love to her on their wedding night in the story "Saffron"?
10. How does Rango treat Hilda after their first, failed sexual encounter?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)