|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul wish to take the women to see in "Mandra?"
(a) Marcel Marceau.
(b) Allen Ginsberg.
(c) Henry Miller.
(d) The String Man.
2. What does Bijou promise the painter before the Art Ball?
(a) She will always remain faithful to her.
(b) She will dance with him first.
(c) He will be her first lover of the night..
(d) She will go home with him at the end of the night.
3. What does Rango do to Hilda when he takes her back to his cart?
(a) Kisses her all over.
(b) Reads to her.
(c) Massages her legs and feet.
(d) Plays a song for her.
4. What happens when Albert tries to have sex with Faye?
(a) His servants interrupt them.
(b) He is too violent with her.
(c) He cannot sustain an erection.
(d) His lovemaking is unsatisfying to Faye.
5. Why is the narrator/model unable to find modeling work in the country?
(a) She refuses to sleep with the artists.
(b) She is too timid in her approach.
(c) She cannot speak English well enough to convey her needs.
(d) She is not built for their sort of work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what line of work did Mary find herself in at times during her younger days in "Mandra?"
2. How does the story "Hilda and Rango" end?
3. In what state does Rango generally live?
4. What is Rango's occupation?
5. In what ways is the narrator's first modeling job indicative of the artists she will encounter in "A Model"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship the narrator from "A Model" forms with Reynolds while they are in the countryside.
2. How does Fay discover Albert is being unfaithful?
3. Describe the contrasts (physical and personality-wise) between Jan and Laura.
4. How does the painter view Bijou?
5. Describe Mary's life, from the story "Mandra"
6. How are Paul and Miriam full of "aristocratic impudence?"
7. How does Rango treat Hilda after their first, failed sexual encounter?
8. How does the narrator compare her attractiveness to Miriam's appeal?
9. In "The Chanchiquito", what happens to the old lady in Laura's uncle's story?
10. What happens when Fay demands Albert make love to her?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)