|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Albert spend his honeymoon night with Faye?
(a) He merely caresses her body.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He introduces her to drugs.
(d) He makes love to her.
2. What sort of relationship blooms between the attractive man at the end of the story who adores Europe and the narrator/model?
(a) They become platonic friends.
(b) They become roommates.
(c) They become colleagues.
(d) They become lovers.
3. What sort of woman does the painter of "The Queen" claim gives him the most pleasure?
(a) A woman who can give him an equal partnership.
(b) A woman who must be wooed.
(c) A woman who falls in love too easily.
(d) A woman incapable of falling in love.
4. For whom are Albert and Faye throwing a party?
(a) Their Spanish friends.
(b) Their African friends.
(c) Their relatives.
(d) The servants.
5. Fill in the blank for this quote from "Mandra:" "[Miriam and Paul's] obsession [is] with the word that is the key to society--everything must be "________."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hilda's occupation?
2. To what mythological character does the painter compare Bijoul?
3. In what line of work did Mary find herself in at times during her younger days in "Mandra?"
4. What does Faye finally request of Albert?
5. How does the painter decorate himself for the Art Ball at the end of "The Queen?"
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)