|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Rango generally live?
2. How does the painter know Bijou has been faithless?
(a) Her hair is messed up.
(b) He hears her having sex with someone else.
(c) The painter hears a man talking about having sex with Bijou.
(d) Her paint is smeared.
3. What is the name of the narrator/model's boyfriend in "A Model?"
4. In "the Chanchiquito," why is a witch doctor called in to help the aristocratic lady?
(a) The lady is startled by the chanchiquito and falls, hitting her head.
(b) A chanchiquito ran up her skirt.
(c) The lady is struck dumb at the sight of a chanchiquito.
(d) The lady has a heart attack.
5. Fill in the blank for this quote from "Mandra:" "[Miriam and Paul's] obsession [is] with the word that is the key to society--everything must be "________."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jan redirect Laura's attention from the ceiling at the end of "the Chanchiquito?"
2. In what line of work did Mary find herself in at times during her younger days in "Mandra?"
3. When the narrator/model has to pose with a man and a woman for another illustrator, why is the narrator so uneasy?
4. What position is Laura holding after Jan is done drawing on the ceiling?
5. What is the first thing Jan draws on the ceiling for Laura?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the painter know Bijou is faithless at the Art Ball?
2. How are Paul and Miriam full of "aristocratic impudence?"
3. In "The Chanchiquito", what happens to the old lady in Laura's uncle's story?
4. For what reasons is the narrator and the mysterious man at the end of "A Model" drawn together, eventually becoming lovers?
5. Describe some of the narrator's first modeling jobs, including her experienced with the artists in "A Model."
6. How does Jan seduce Laura at the end of this story?
7. In what ways is Mary described as being intensely sexual, yet frigid?
8. In "A Model," why does the narrator become a model?
9. Describe Mary's life, from the story "Mandra"
10. How does Fay discover Albert is being unfaithful?
This section contains 1,211 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)