|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Albert spend his honeymoon night with Faye?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He introduces her to drugs.
(c) He makes love to her.
(d) He merely caresses her body.
2. What is the name of the narrator/model's boyfriend in "A Model?"
3. What body part is the painter from "The Queen" discussing in the following statement? "Her _____. It is impossible to describe her _____ except by saying that they were the _____ of an orgasm."
4. Why does Rango grow angry with Hilda?
(a) She keeps interrupting his music.
(b) She arouses him and leaves.
(c) She keeps falling asleep.
(d) She crudely attempted to initiate sex.
5. In what line of work did Mary find herself in at times during her younger days in "Mandra?"
(b) Chorus girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what is Laura and Jan lying in the second half of "the Chanchiquito?"
2. How does the story "Hilda and Rango" end?
3. Why does Bijou not allow the painter to touch her before the event?
4. What does Faye catch Albert doing one day as she comes up the stairs?
5. What does Miriam try on for Mandra?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene where the painter decorates Bijou.
2. How does the narrator compare her attractiveness to Miriam's appeal?
3. Describe Mary's life, from the story "Mandra"
4. How does the painter know Bijou is faithless at the Art Ball?
5. What leads up to Albert finally making love to his wife?
6. Describe the contrasts (physical and personality-wise) between Jan and Laura.
7. How does Hilda change throughout the course of this story?
8. What reasons does Fay's husband give for not making love to her on their wedding night in the story "Saffron"?
9. How are Paul and Miriam full of "aristocratic impudence?"
10. How does Rango treat Hilda after their first, failed sexual encounter?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)