|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Rango play?
2. What position is Laura holding after Jan is done drawing on the ceiling?
(a) The pose of the Mona Lisa.
(b) The position of the Maja Desnuda.
(c) The pose of the drawn woman above them.
(d) The position of the Pieta.
3. In what state does Rango generally live?
4. Fill in the blank for this quote from "Mandra:" "[Miriam and Paul's] obsession [is] with the word that is the key to society--everything must be "________."
5. According to the painter, what infuses Bijou's body?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bijou not allow the painter to touch her before the event?
2. What is the theme of the event for which the painter decorates Bijou?
3. What does Faye catch Albert doing one day as she comes up the stairs?
4. In what line of work did Mary find herself in at times during her younger days in "Mandra?"
5. What is the occupation of Lena's friend who tells stories of his job and of his roommate's lustiness in "A Model?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the painter view Bijou?
2. How are Paul and Miriam full of "aristocratic impudence?"
3. How does Fay discover Albert is being unfaithful?
4. How is Hilda forced to deal with her relationship to the American writer?
5. What reasons does Fay's husband give for not making love to her on their wedding night in the story "Saffron"?
6. Describe the relationship the narrator from "A Model" forms with Reynolds while they are in the countryside.
7. Describe the contrasts (physical and personality-wise) between Jan and Laura.
8. What leads up to Albert finally making love to his wife?
9. Describe the scene where the painter decorates Bijou.
10. In what ways is Mary described as being intensely sexual, yet frigid?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)