|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Albert tries to have sex with Faye?
(a) His servants interrupt them.
(b) His lovemaking is unsatisfying to Faye.
(c) He cannot sustain an erection.
(d) He is too violent with her.
2. What instrument does Rango play?
3. Who comforts Faye when she hears Albert having sex with the servant girls?
(a) Another servant.
(b) The dressmaker.
(c) The cook.
(d) The gardener.
4. What does Faye finally request of Albert?
(a) She wants him to make love to her.
(b) She wants him to move away to another country with her.
(c) She wants him to grant her a divorce.
(d) She wants him to move out.
5. What does Faye catch Albert doing one day as she comes up the stairs?
(a) Masturbating to a painting of her.
(b) Violently punching a wall.
(c) Putting his hand up a servant's skirt.
(d) Drinking secretly from a flask.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faye discover when she goes walking one night?
2. In what ways is the narrator's first modeling job indicative of the artists she will encounter in "A Model"?
3. Why is the narrator/model unable to find modeling work in the country?
4. What were characteristics of the American writer's work that attracted women (such as Hilda in "Hilda and Rango") to him?
5. What does Hilda discover she must do with the American writer whenever she wants to have sex?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rango.
2. Describe the relationship the narrator from "A Model" forms with Reynolds while they are in the countryside.
3. How does Rango treat Hilda after their first, failed sexual encounter?
4. How does the narrator compare her attractiveness to Miriam's appeal?
5. Describe some of the narrator's first modeling jobs, including her experienced with the artists in "A Model."
6. How does Fay discover Albert is being unfaithful?
7. Why does the painter in "The Queen" claim to like women such as Bijou?
8. What pictures does Jan draw on the ceiling and why?
9. Describe the contrasts (physical and personality-wise) between Jan and Laura.
10. In "The Chanchiquito", what happens to the old lady in Laura's uncle's story?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)