|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of the event for which the painter decorates Bijou?
2. In "the Chanchiquito," why is a witch doctor called in to help the aristocratic lady?
(a) A chanchiquito ran up her skirt.
(b) The lady is struck dumb at the sight of a chanchiquito.
(c) The lady is startled by the chanchiquito and falls, hitting her head.
(d) The lady has a heart attack.
3. What does Hilda discover she must do with the American writer whenever she wants to have sex?
(a) She always has to make the first move.
(b) She must schedule the time out in advance.
(c) She must allow him to beat her slightly.
(d) She must bring in another woman.
4. According to "The Queen," to what event does Bijou invite the painter?
(a) Gallery opening.
(b) Society gala.
(c) Broadway opening.
(d) Art Ball.
5. Describe the relationship between the aristocratic woman and her lawyer in "The Chanchiquito."
(a) Mutual hatred.
(c) Strained familial relations.
(d) Dignified flirtation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen when Bijou would walk alone in the streets?
2. Who comforts Faye when she hears Albert having sex with the servant girls?
3. According to Mandra, what has Mary never experienced?
4. What happens when Albert tries to have sex with Faye?
5. When the narrator/model has to pose with a man and a woman for another illustrator, why is the narrator so uneasy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the painter in "The Queen" claim to like women such as Bijou?
2. How does the painter know Bijou is faithless at the Art Ball?
3. In "The Chanchiquito", what happens to the old lady in Laura's uncle's story?
4. How are Paul and Miriam full of "aristocratic impudence?"
5. How does Jan seduce Laura at the end of this story?
6. In "A Model," why does the narrator become a model?
7. Describe the relationship the narrator from "A Model" forms with Reynolds while they are in the countryside.
8. In what ways is Mary described as being intensely sexual, yet frigid?
9. How does Fay discover Albert is being unfaithful?
10. Describe the scene where the painter decorates Bijou.
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)