|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comforts Faye when she hears Albert having sex with the servant girls?
(a) The cook.
(b) The dressmaker.
(c) The gardener.
(d) Another servant.
2. With what group of people does Rango generally live and travel?
(a) Immigrants going to the coast.
(c) American Indians.
3. What copulating animals are added to the images on the ceiling in "the Chanchiquito?"
4. How does Laura feel when Jan appears to be slightly aroused by his first drawing on the ceiling?
5. What about Hilda's body amazes Rango?
(a) Her hourglass figure.
(b) Her strength.
(c) Her delicacy.
(d) Her paleness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe the relationship between the aristocratic woman and her lawyer in "The Chanchiquito."
2. Fill in the blank for this quote from "Mandra:" "[Miriam and Paul's] obsession [is] with the word that is the key to society--everything must be "________."
3. What is the first thing Jan draws on the ceiling for Laura?
4. In what city does "Mandra" take place?
5. What is the occupation of Lena's friend who tells stories of his job and of his roommate's lustiness in "A Model?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the painter know Bijou is faithless at the Art Ball?
2. Describe the relationship the narrator from "A Model" forms with Reynolds while they are in the countryside.
3. What happens when Fay demands Albert make love to her?
4. What pictures does Jan draw on the ceiling and why?
5. Describe Mary's life, from the story "Mandra"
6. In "A Model," why does the narrator become a model?
7. In "The Chanchiquito", what happens to the old lady in Laura's uncle's story?
8. For what reasons is the narrator and the mysterious man at the end of "A Model" drawn together, eventually becoming lovers?
9. What reasons does Fay's husband give for not making love to her on their wedding night in the story "Saffron"?
10. Why does the painter in "The Queen" claim to like women such as Bijou?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)