|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "The Queen," to what event does Bijou invite the painter?
(a) Broadway opening.
(b) Gallery opening.
(c) Society gala.
(d) Art Ball.
2. In what city was Fay born in "Saffron?"
(b) New York City.
(c) New Orleans.
3. Fill in the blank for this quote from "Mandra:" "[Miriam and Paul's] obsession [is] with the word that is the key to society--everything must be "________."
4. What does Mandra do to Mary?
(a) She slaps Mary.
(b) She sets Mary up on a date.
(c) She allows Mary to move in with her.
(d) She performs oral sex on her.
5. What is Hilda's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of the event for which the painter decorates Bijou?
2. What instrument does Rango play?
3. What is the first thing Jan draws on the ceiling for Laura?
4. According to Mandra, what has Mary never experienced?
5. Why is the narrator/model unable to find modeling work in the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jan seduce Laura at the end of this story?
2. Describe the scene where the painter decorates Bijou.
3. How does Hilda change throughout the course of this story?
4. Describe some of the narrator's first modeling jobs, including her experienced with the artists in "A Model."
5. Describe the contrasts (physical and personality-wise) between Jan and Laura.
6. What happens when Fay demands Albert make love to her?
7. How does Fay discover Albert is being unfaithful?
8. How is Hilda forced to deal with her relationship to the American writer?
9. How does Rango treat Hilda after their first, failed sexual encounter?
10. How does the painter know Bijou is faithless at the Art Ball?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)