|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the story "Hilda and Rango" end?
(a) Rango proposes to Hilda.
(b) Rango and Hilda finally make love.
(c) Rango leaves with the gypsies.
(d) Hilda returns to France.
2. In "A Model," while posing for the South American painter, the narrator is posed on a dummy of what animal?
3. How does the painter decorate himself for the Art Ball at the end of "The Queen?"
(a) He shaves his head.
(b) He does not decorate himself at all.
(c) He paints himself in tribal patterns.
(d) He paints himself brown.
4. What is the name of the narrator/model's boyfriend in "A Model?"
5. How does Laura initially describe the animal she sees near the first image on the ceiling?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator/model unable to find modeling work in the country?
2. According to Mandra, what has Mary never experienced?
3. Why does Rango grow angry with Hilda?
4. To what mythological character does the painter compare Bijoul?
5. What body part is the painter from "The Queen" discussing in the following statement? "Her _____. It is impossible to describe her _____ except by saying that they were the _____ of an orgasm."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the painter in "The Queen" claim to like women such as Bijou?
2. What reasons does Fay's husband give for not making love to her on their wedding night in the story "Saffron"?
3. How does the painter view Bijou?
4. In what ways is Mary described as being intensely sexual, yet frigid?
5. Describe the relationship the narrator from "A Model" forms with Reynolds while they are in the countryside.
6. How is Hilda forced to deal with her relationship to the American writer?
7. Describe some of the narrator's first modeling jobs, including her experienced with the artists in "A Model."
8. How are Paul and Miriam full of "aristocratic impudence?"
9. What happens when Fay demands Albert make love to her?
10. Describe the scene where the painter decorates Bijou.
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)