|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the man the tall woman meets at her hotel when she leaves her husband in "Sirocco."
(a) American writer.
(b) English poet.
(c) French painter.
(d) Italian sculptor.
2. In what region does "The Woman on the Dunes" take place?
3. Why does Lina hate the narrator's lovers?
(a) She is in love with the narrator.
(b) She mistakes her friend's cries of passion as cries of violence.
(c) She believes they are not good enough for her friend.
(d) The lovers had played a cruel prank on Lina years earlier.
4. Which of the following is not one of the reasons Maria refuses to show her nude body to her husband?
(a) She is Catholic.
(b) She is Spanish.
(c) She is bourgeous.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. What does Louis see when he spies on the couple in the house?
(a) The man is performing oral sex on the woman.
(b) The man is making love to the woman.
(c) The woman is being seduced by the man.
(d) The woman is performing oral sex on the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite her proclivities, what does Lina decry as disgusting?
2. What does Maria forbid Novalis from using in his art?
3. Where does Michel claim to have found the aphrodisiac he uses on Lina?
4. What is Lina's mood whenever the narrator's lovers come to visit?
5. While using the toilet, why does Manuel leave the door to the bathroom open while the girls are in his apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reasons does Manuel want to move into the apartment with the terrace?
2. How does Louis "court" the woman in the ocean before he tries to make love to her?
3. How does Michel seduce Lina?
4. Why is Lina angry about the narrator's lovers?
5. Why does Dorothy become frigid to Robert and how does she attempt to handle it?
6. Describe Dorothy and Edna in "Two Sisters."
7. Describe the night Louis shares with the woman he swims with during "the Woman on the Dunes."
8. For what reasons does Edna begin to find her self-confidence again after becoming estranged from Harry?
9. Describe Robert and Dorothy's relationship from the time to they meet until the time they first make love.
10. Why does Louis walk to the beach in "The Woman on the Dunes"?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)