|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While fixing up the new apartment, what thought keeps Manuel working?
(a) The idea of living across from a girls' school.
(b) His need to have a place to paint.
(c) The pride in his workmanship.
(d) Therese's happiness.
2. How does the woman on the beach help Louis?
(a) She slowly stimulates him back to arousal.
(b) She takes him back to her house.
(c) She hides him in the bushes.
(d) She gives him some water to settle his stomach.
3. Why does Lina hate the narrator's lovers?
(a) She mistakes her friend's cries of passion as cries of violence.
(b) The lovers had played a cruel prank on Lina years earlier.
(c) She is in love with the narrator.
(d) She believes they are not good enough for her friend.
4. In what region does "The Woman on the Dunes" take place?
5. What does Lina appear to hate more than anything?
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Louis follow the mysterious woman?
2. What is Manuel's favorite way of arousing himself?
3. In what city does "Little Birds" take place?
4. What disturbs Lina about Michel's apartment?
5. To what animal is Lina frequently compared?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Robert and Dorothy's relationship from the time to they meet until the time they first make love.
2. How does Michel seduce Lina?
3. What happens have Lina, Michel, and the narrator sleep together?
4. Describe the scene with the four girls in Manuel's apartment on their second visit.
5. Describe the two mystery women in "Sirocco."
6. What happens at Robert and Dorothy's wedding?
7. For what reasons does Manuel want to move into the apartment with the terrace?
8. What are Lina's views on lesbianism?
9. For what reasons, in the woman's story, are the people so stirred up about the impending execution of the Russian radical?
10. Describe the night Louis shares with the woman he swims with during "the Woman on the Dunes."
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)