|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of nightgown does Lina bring to the narrator's home?
(a) A high-necked matronly gown.
(b) She does not wear a nightgown.
(c) A red kimono.
(d) A black lace nightgown.
2. What does Louis see when he spies on the couple in the house?
(a) The woman is being seduced by the man.
(b) The man is making love to the woman.
(c) The man is performing oral sex on the woman.
(d) The woman is performing oral sex on the man.
3. What stories does Michel tell as Lina dozes off?
(a) His art.
(b) His travels.
(c) His family.
(d) His movies.
4. In what region does "The Woman on the Dunes" take place?
5. What part of Edna fascinates Robert the most?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her legs.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the tall woman's husband react when she happily tells him what she is doing at the hotel?
2. Why does Lina claim to hate all men?
3. Why is no one able to recognize Maria in the nude portraits?
4. How do Louis and the woman spend time between bouts of love-making?
5. Why is the mysterious woman not afraid of Louis swimming with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lina angry about the narrator's lovers?
2. How does Manuel plan to entice the schoolgirls to his apartment?
3. Describe the scene with the four girls in Manuel's apartment on their second visit.
4. Why does the woman pass out in her story as the Russian dies?
5. Why does Edna marry Harry and how does she grow apart from him?
6. Why will Maria never allow her husband to see her nude and rarely poses for him?
7. In what ways does Lina try to seduce the narrator?
8. Describe the night Louis shares with the woman he swims with during "the Woman on the Dunes."
9. For what reasons does Edna begin to find her self-confidence again after becoming estranged from Harry?
10. Why does Manuel dislike his apartment and how does his wife deal with it?
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)