|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harry's occupation?
(a) Airline pilot.
(b) Portrait painter.
(d) Social captain for cruise ships.
2. For what reason does the tall woman admit to having fallen in love with her husband in "Sirocco?"
(a) He was taller than she.
(b) He supported her drug habit.
(c) He had a lot of money.
(d) He lived in China.
3. How does the woman on the beach help Louis?
(a) She hides him in the bushes.
(b) She takes him back to her house.
(c) She slowly stimulates him back to arousal.
(d) She gives him some water to settle his stomach.
4. How is the Russian in the woman's story to be executed?
(a) Gas chamber.
(b) Firing squad.
(d) Electric chair.
5. How does the narrator describe the tall woman on the beach in "Sirocco?"
(a) A Viking.
(b) A Lioness.
(c) An Empress.
(d) A Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Novalis do without Maria's knowledge while she sleeps?
2. Why does Dorothy begin to have an affair with Donald?
3. With what Russian author does the woman describe the Russian prisoner's answers?
4. While using the toilet, why does Manuel leave the door to the bathroom open while the girls are in his apartment?
5. What stories does Michel tell as Lina dozes off?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reasons does Manuel want to move into the apartment with the terrace?
2. How does Michel seduce Lina?
3. Describe Dorothy and Edna in "Two Sisters."
4. How is Maria finally able to overcome her aversion to sensuality?
5. How do Novalis and Maria begin to grow apart?
6. Describe the scene with the four girls in Manuel's apartment on their second visit.
7. Why does the woman pass out in her story as the Russian dies?
8. Describe Robert and Dorothy's relationship from the time to they meet until the time they first make love.
9. How does Louis "court" the woman in the ocean before he tries to make love to her?
10. What are the only ways Manuel can become aroused?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)