|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faye discover when she goes walking one night?
(a) Albert is making love to one of the servants.
(b) Albert is weeping every night alone.
(c) Albert is masturbating every night in the garden.
(d) Albert is homosexual.
2. What attribute of Faye's purchase for the party lingers on her?
(a) The scent.
(b) The color.
(c) The flavor on her lips.
(d) The cuts from the thorns.
3. What does Faye catch Albert doing one day as she comes up the stairs?
(a) Putting his hand up a servant's skirt.
(b) Masturbating to a painting of her.
(c) Drinking secretly from a flask.
(d) Violently punching a wall.
4. What is Rango's occupation?
5. In "the Chanchiquito," why is a witch doctor called in to help the aristocratic lady?
(a) The lady has a heart attack.
(b) A chanchiquito ran up her skirt.
(c) The lady is startled by the chanchiquito and falls, hitting her head.
(d) The lady is struck dumb at the sight of a chanchiquito.
6. What does Mandra do to Mary?
(a) She performs oral sex on her.
(b) She slaps Mary.
(c) She sets Mary up on a date.
(d) She allows Mary to move in with her.
7. What does a chanchiquito do?
(a) Steals a person's food.
(b) Attacks any dogs nearby.
(c) Sticks its snout up a woman's skirt.
(d) Steals a person's hat.
8. What would happen when Bijou would walk alone in the streets?
(a) Animals would run away from her.
(b) Police would try to arrest her for prostitution.
(c) Men would follow her.
(d) Women would throw things at her.
9. In what line of work did Mary find herself in at times during her younger days in "Mandra?"
(c) Chorus girl.
10. What sort of relationship blooms between the attractive man at the end of the story who adores Europe and the narrator/model?
(a) They become colleagues.
(b) They become roommates.
(c) They become platonic friends.
(d) They become lovers.
11. Laura's uncle advises his friend to take two of what article of clothing to Brazil in "The Chanchiquito?"
12. For whom are Albert and Faye throwing a party?
(a) Their relatives.
(b) The servants.
(c) Their Spanish friends.
(d) Their African friends.
13. What appears to be Albert's favorite part of Faye's body?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her breasts.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her buttocks.
14. According to the painter, what infuses Bijou's body?
15. What does Bijou promise the painter before the Art Ball?
(a) He will be her first lover of the night..
(b) She will dance with him first.
(c) She will always remain faithful to her.
(d) She will go home with him at the end of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is Laura holding after Jan is done drawing on the ceiling?
2. Why does Rango grow angry with Hilda?
3. Why does Mary not want Mandra to meet her husband?
4. What does Miriam try on for Mandra?
5. What copulating animals are added to the images on the ceiling in "the Chanchiquito?"
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)