|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen when Bijou would walk alone in the streets?
(a) Police would try to arrest her for prostitution.
(b) Animals would run away from her.
(c) Women would throw things at her.
(d) Men would follow her.
2. How does the painter know Bijou has been faithless?
(a) He hears her having sex with someone else.
(b) Her hair is messed up.
(c) The painter hears a man talking about having sex with Bijou.
(d) Her paint is smeared.
3. What position is Laura holding after Jan is done drawing on the ceiling?
(a) The pose of the drawn woman above them.
(b) The position of the Pieta.
(c) The position of the Maja Desnuda.
(d) The pose of the Mona Lisa.
4. Why does Reynolds refuse to sleep with the narrator/model in "A Model?"
(a) He has taken a vow of chastity for his art.
(b) He does not wish to get her pregnant and risk an abortion.
(c) He has a sexually transmitted disease.
(d) He is a homosexual.
5. To what mythological character does the painter compare Bijoul?
(b) The Furies.
6. In what line of work did Mary find herself in at times during her younger days in "Mandra?"
(b) Chorus girl.
7. What does Miriam try on for Mandra?
(a) A dress.
(b) A bathing suit.
(d) A kimono.
8. What copulating animals are added to the images on the ceiling in "the Chanchiquito?"
9. With what group of people does Rango generally live and travel?
(b) Immigrants going to the coast.
(d) American Indians.
10. What sort of relationship blooms between the attractive man at the end of the story who adores Europe and the narrator/model?
(a) They become platonic friends.
(b) They become colleagues.
(c) They become lovers.
(d) They become roommates.
11. What attribute of Faye's purchase for the party lingers on her?
(a) The flavor on her lips.
(b) The scent.
(c) The color.
(d) The cuts from the thorns.
12. Who comforts Faye when she hears Albert having sex with the servant girls?
(a) Another servant.
(b) The dressmaker.
(c) The cook.
(d) The gardener.
13. What is the name of the narrator/model's boyfriend in "A Model?"
14. How does the painter decorate himself for the Art Ball at the end of "The Queen?"
(a) He paints himself brown.
(b) He does not decorate himself at all.
(c) He paints himself in tribal patterns.
(d) He shaves his head.
15. According to Mandra, what has Mary never experienced?
(b) Exotic travels.
(c) An orgasm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Rango generally live?
2. Laura's uncle advises his friend to take two of what article of clothing to Brazil in "The Chanchiquito?"
3. How does Albert spend his honeymoon night with Faye?
4. In what city does "Mandra" take place?
5. What body part is the painter from "The Queen" discussing in the following statement? "Her _____. It is impossible to describe her _____ except by saying that they were the _____ of an orgasm."
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)