|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of relationship blooms between the attractive man at the end of the story who adores Europe and the narrator/model?
(a) They become lovers.
(b) They become colleagues.
(c) They become platonic friends.
(d) They become roommates.
2. When the narrator/model has to pose with a man and a woman for another illustrator, why is the narrator so uneasy?
(a) The man had previously been lewd with her.
(b) The artist has been known to molest his artists.
(c) She did not like having to kiss the man.
(d) The other woman is quite catty towards her.
3. What about Hilda's body amazes Rango?
(a) Her delicacy.
(b) Her paleness.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her hourglass figure.
4. How does Mandra describe her beauty in relation to Miriam's natural beauty?
5. What does Rango do to Hilda when he takes her back to his cart?
(a) Kisses her all over.
(b) Plays a song for her.
(c) Reads to her.
(d) Massages her legs and feet.
6. In Laura's mind during "the Chanchiquito," what forms images on the ceiling?
(a) The cracks.
(b) Jan's insomniac scribblings.
(c) The water stains.
(d) Paint splatters.
7. How does Laura initially describe the animal she sees near the first image on the ceiling?
8. What does Hilda discover she must do with the American writer whenever she wants to have sex?
(a) She must bring in another woman.
(b) She must schedule the time out in advance.
(c) She must allow him to beat her slightly.
(d) She always has to make the first move.
9. How does Laura feel when Jan appears to be slightly aroused by his first drawing on the ceiling?
10. With what group of people does Rango generally live and travel?
(a) Immigrants going to the coast.
(d) American Indians.
11. Why is Albert finally able to make love to Faye?
(a) She is no longer a child.
(b) She is finally aggressive enough to please him.
(c) She has physically matured.
(d) She smells like his servants.
12. What does Mandra do to Miriam on the drive at the end of "Mandra?"
(a) Promises to run away with her to Europe.
(b) Injects her with heroin.
(c) Reveals Miriam's indiscretions to her husband.
(d) Secretly stimulates her to orgasm.
13. What is Rango's occupation?
14. What happens when Albert tries to have sex with Faye?
(a) His servants interrupt them.
(b) He is too violent with her.
(c) His lovemaking is unsatisfying to Faye.
(d) He cannot sustain an erection.
15. What were characteristics of the American writer's work that attracted women (such as Hilda in "Hilda and Rango") to him?
(a) Violent and sensual.
(b) Thoughtful and philosphical.
(c) Fiery and intellectual.
(d) Sweet and caring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faye discover when she goes walking one night?
2. Laura's uncle advises his friend to take two of what article of clothing to Brazil in "The Chanchiquito?"
3. In "A Model," while posing for the South American painter, the narrator is posed on a dummy of what animal?
4. What position is Laura holding after Jan is done drawing on the ceiling?
5. What, in particular, does Faye buy at the end of the story?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)