|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of the event for which the painter decorates Bijou?
2. How does the story "Hilda and Rango" end?
(a) Rango proposes to Hilda.
(b) Hilda returns to France.
(c) Rango and Hilda finally make love.
(d) Rango leaves with the gypsies.
3. Why does Mary not want Mandra to meet her husband?
(a) Mary does not like her husband.
(b) Mandra is racist.
(c) Mary is afraid Mandra will seduce him.
(d) Mary wants Mandra to remain a secret in her life.
4. Describe the relationship between the aristocratic woman and her lawyer in "The Chanchiquito."
(a) Strained familial relations.
(b) Dignified flirtation.
(d) Mutual hatred.
5. What sort of woman does the painter of "The Queen" claim gives him the most pleasure?
(a) A woman who must be wooed.
(b) A woman incapable of falling in love.
(c) A woman who falls in love too easily.
(d) A woman who can give him an equal partnership.
6. What does Mandra do to Miriam on the drive at the end of "Mandra?"
(a) Secretly stimulates her to orgasm.
(b) Reveals Miriam's indiscretions to her husband.
(c) Promises to run away with her to Europe.
(d) Injects her with heroin.
7. How does the painter know Bijou has been faithless?
(a) Her paint is smeared.
(b) Her hair is messed up.
(c) He hears her having sex with someone else.
(d) The painter hears a man talking about having sex with Bijou.
8. In what state does Rango generally live?
9. Why does Rango grow angry with Hilda?
(a) She crudely attempted to initiate sex.
(b) She keeps falling asleep.
(c) She keeps interrupting his music.
(d) She arouses him and leaves.
10. Laura's uncle advises his friend to take two of what article of clothing to Brazil in "The Chanchiquito?"
11. How does Albert spend his honeymoon night with Faye?
(a) He introduces her to drugs.
(b) He merely caresses her body.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He makes love to her.
12. What does the narrator/model offer to her boyfriend in "A Model," which he refuses?
(b) To help him become a model.
(c) Her virginity.
(d) To watch her model.
13. What does Bijou promise the painter before the Art Ball?
(a) He will be her first lover of the night..
(b) She will go home with him at the end of the night.
(c) She will always remain faithful to her.
(d) She will dance with him first.
14. What does Mandra do to Mary?
(a) She allows Mary to move in with her.
(b) She slaps Mary.
(c) She sets Mary up on a date.
(d) She performs oral sex on her.
15. For what reason does Mandra initially decide against seducing Mary?
(a) Mary is covered in lotion.
(b) Mary is ill.
(c) Mary is drunk.
(d) Mary has just made love to someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does "Mandra" take place?
2. Why is the narrator/model unable to find modeling work in the country?
3. How does Mandra describe her beauty in relation to Miriam's natural beauty?
4. Why is Albert finally able to make love to Faye?
5. What does Hilda discover she must do with the American writer whenever she wants to have sex?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)