|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Manuel keep all of his new birds?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The terrace.
(c) The front room.
(d) The bathroom.
2. At her wedding to Robert, what haunts Dorothy?
(a) Donald's drug use.
(b) Robert's wandering eye.
(c) Edna's severe depression.
(d) Henry's illness.
3. What disturbs Lina about Michel's apartment?
(a) The eroticism.
(b) The claustrophobic walls.
(c) The coldness.
(d) The high story.
4. After the marriage, why can Dorothy no longer enjoy sex with Robert?
(a) She is starting to identify him with her father.
(b) She feels too guilty.
(c) She only wants Donald.
(d) She thinks she is a lesbian.
5. What is a sirocco?
(a) A drought from India.
(b) A hurricane from Australia.
(c) A thunderstorm from South America.
(d) A wind from Africa.
6. What is significant about the mysterious man standing behind the woman at the Russian's execution?
(a) He is pressing his erection against her.
(b) He is bleeding.
(c) He is smoking opium.
(d) He is coughing with tuberculosis.
7. Besides Robert, how does Edna find her self-confidence again?
(a) She begins to paint.
(b) She begins to act on stage.
(c) She begins to teach dance lessons to children.
(d) She begins to have anonymous sexual encounters.
8. How long does it take Manuel to renovate the new apartments?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Three week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
9. In the woman's story, why was the Russian going to be executed?
(a) He had kidnapped a diplomat's child.
(b) He had entered the country illegally.
(c) He was a traitor.
(d) He murdered a diplomat.
10. What are Dorothy's career aspirations?
11. How does the tall woman's husband react when she happily tells him what she is doing at the hotel?
(a) He curses her out.
(b) He begins to laugh in disbelief.
(c) He agrees that they should annul their marriage.
(d) He wishes her the best of luck.
12. To what are the girls compared as they run away from Manuel?
13. How does the woman on the beach help Louis?
(a) She slowly stimulates him back to arousal.
(b) She gives him some water to settle his stomach.
(c) She takes him back to her house.
(d) She hides him in the bushes.
14. Where does Michel claim to have found the aphrodisiac he uses on Lina?
15. How does the woman's story to Louis end?
(a) She is seperated from the man.
(b) She is taken back to the man's rooms.
(c) She is arrested.
(d) She passes out.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what money does Manuel buy the exotic birds?
2. What occurs between Michel, Lina, and the narrator while at Michel's apartment?
3. In the beginning of "The Woman on the Dunes," why can't Louis sleep?
4. Why does Lina claim to hate all men?
5. For what reason does the tall woman admit to having fallen in love with her husband in "Sirocco?"
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)