|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sirocco.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: the narrator of "Lina" has two male lovers who are named Michel and ______.
2. What is Harry's occupation?
(b) Portrait painter.
(c) Social captain for cruise ships.
(d) Airline pilot.
3. What does Lina claim about her experiences in Michel's apartment?
(a) She was the instigator.
(b) She had planned to be seduced by Michel all along.
(c) She was an unwilling participant.
(d) She does not remember it.
4. Besides Robert, how does Edna find her self-confidence again?
(a) She begins to paint.
(b) She begins to have anonymous sexual encounters.
(c) She begins to teach dance lessons to children.
(d) She begins to act on stage.
5. With what Russian author does the woman describe the Russian prisoner's answers?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the tall woman on the beach in "Sirocco?"
2. What is Lina's mood whenever the narrator's lovers come to visit?
3. What is significant about the mysterious man standing behind the woman at the Russian's execution?
4. At her wedding to Robert, what haunts Dorothy?
5. How do the woman and her friends spend the night before witnessing the Russian's execution?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)