|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lina.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of "The Woman on the Dunes," why can't Louis sleep?
(a) He is too aroused.
(b) It is too hot in his room.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) His neighbors are making love loudly.
2. What else happens the second the man penetrates the woman, according to her story in "The Woman on the Dunes?"
(a) The Russian is shot before he can be hanged.
(b) The Russian is hanged.
(c) The man in front of her collapses.
(d) A bottle of wine is thrown at the Russian.
3. What is significant about the mysterious man standing behind the woman at the Russian's execution?
(a) He is coughing with tuberculosis.
(b) He is smoking opium.
(c) He is pressing his erection against her.
(d) He is bleeding.
4. With what Russian author does the woman describe the Russian prisoner's answers?
5. What is Lina's mood whenever the narrator's lovers come to visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Louis resistant the night he cannot sleep in "The Woman on the Dunes?"
2. What disturbs Lina about Michel's apartment?
3. Why does Lina hate the narrator's lovers?
4. In what city does "Little Birds" take place?
5. What is Manuel's favorite way of arousing himself?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)