|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lina.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of "The Woman on the Dunes," why can't Louis sleep?
(a) His neighbors are making love loudly.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is too aroused.
(d) It is too hot in his room.
2. Which girl falls in line with Manuel's plan when he leaves the bathroom door open during urination?
(a) The curly-haired girl.
(b) The plump girl.
(c) The shy girl.
(d) The blonde girl.
3. While using the toilet, why does Manuel leave the door to the bathroom open while the girls are in his apartment?
(a) He does not want to risk blocking out the birds' voices.
(b) He wants them to see him.
(c) He wants to watch them in the mirror.
(d) He is afraid of small spaces.
4. How is the Russian in the woman's story to be executed?
(a) Gas chamber.
(b) Electric chair.
(d) Firing squad.
5. What does Lina appear to hate more than anything?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the mysterious man standing behind the woman at the Russian's execution?
2. With what Russian author does the woman describe the Russian prisoner's answers?
3. Why does Lina grow angry at the narrator in the cafe?
4. Why does Lina hate the narrator's lovers?
5. How do Louis and the woman spend time between bouts of love-making?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)